Tracked mail in CRM 4.0.

I am working in CRM 4.0 with Outlook 2007. When i track an email in CRM this
is directly in a closed state. I want to change tis behaviour so that the
tracked mail is automaticaly in a draft state. Is there a poosibilty to
change this?

I do not want any work arrounds with workflows or follow up functions.

When the mail is in a closed state there is no way that i can adjust the
duration and due fields. In a draft state i can adjust these fields and this
is what i want to achieve.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

IMCEA
I am new to Microsoft exchange and am looking out for details on IMCEA (a.k.a. Internet Mail Connector Encapsulated Addressing). 1) The first very basis question is what is IMCEA. 2) How does routing happen when we send an email using IMCEA. 3) Does exchange strip IMCEA<type> string before send the destination address to connector or it sends it as is. E.g. Suppose I have a connector that can understand SMS address type. Now, using OL i send an email to IMCEASMS-123456789@localdomain.local. In this scenario, what will be the recipient addres in my connector? a) IMCEASMS-123456789@l...

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

Where can we get xml scheme for tuning setting of WM2003/WM5.0 PDA
Hi all, We are working upon setting up a lot of WM2003/WM5.0 empowered mobile devices according with company standards. As far as I know these settings are tuned through xml file. Then this xml file has to be deployed deployed/executed onto mobile device. My question is where xml scheme for tuning such setting is published so we may assign necessary properties referencing it? Thank you in advance. ...

Forwarding e-mail with rules from another e-mail address.
Hi, I have two e-mail accounts. Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the Company X's folder. Any ideas as to how to set up a rule for this? Thanks in advance. Just edit the Rule to add a move action. <moochito@invalid.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99cmp1pkc7qnp96bp4k72aiogvc11jntb4@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I have two e-mail accounts. > > Once I manually forward my mail from the other account to my other > e-mail account, I would like Company X's mail to go in the C...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

windows mail
My windows mail is not working, it will not let me send out any messages and this just started today, I was able to send out messages a couple days ago. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Thanks Diana, This newsgroup deals with Microosft Acccess, a relational database application. Your best bet is to try a newsgroup that deals with your particular email program. (Outlook? OutlookExpress?) -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll neve...

Outlook 2000 Tracking Tab
I don't have tracking tabs. I can't find any online help. It tells me were the tab should be, but when I pull up the sent email, no tabs at all. I do have receipts requested, thus I think I should have tracking. Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks. ...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

CRM Mobile and Orange SPV Phones
Does anyone know if CRM Mobile 1.2 will work on Orange SPV mobiles? Thanks, Adam Pedder CRM Mobile will run on Pockect PC 2003 devices, not spartphones at this time. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Adam Pedder" <adam@nothereatall.com> wrote in message news:uH4N9SDkEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if CRM Mobile 1.2 will work on Orange SPV mobiles? > > Thanks, > > Adam Pedder > > Currently smartphones such...

Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications
Do no allow GP windows in 10.0 to act as separate applications. This is a very annoying change in version 10.0. If I open 5 windows in GP and then go to a different application such as Outlook, when I go back to GP, I have to click on every one of my windows in the task bar in order to have them show again. It's a lot of wasted mouse clicks. I would expect that when I click on the main application in my task bar, all of my windows I had open would also be showing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most v...

User forms #4
Rather than linking excel to a VB front end, how powerful are the VB userforms? If I want to create a front end of my excel workbook with sheets which will just display information that the cells calculate th how hard would this be? I also want to try and hide the fact that it is an excel spreadsheet? Thanks in advance Padrai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shouldn't be too hard, especially if you know VB! To hide the fact the file is in excel you can do things such as hidin worksheets and also hiding toolbars when the worbook_open event i triggered. This can al...

blocking incomming mail
How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my address book? Outlook version please??????? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, George asked: | How do I block incomming mail except from addresses I have in my | address book? What version of Outlook do you have ? Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: > Outlook version please??????? > > --=81 > Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > > P...

10.0 Security
I am entering security for all of our users. I have used some of the default roles, but am making additional to suit our needs. I have one role that shows access to the following: Inquiry/Financial/Transaction Match by Account. I cannot find where this is checked in the tasks or subcomponents. I need this taken out of this role. Is there a report that can be ran to show what subcomponents that are contained in a task for a specific role? Thank you, On Aug 20, 12:30=A0pm, TBrooks <TBro...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am entering security for all of our users. =A...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

numerals in a mail merge
Word 2003 on Windows XP I have some numbers with varying numbers of decimals. I have them in Excel. I formated them with two decimal places. When I bring them in to Word as a data source, they are showing a larger number of decimal places in some cases. 0.2 in Excel may come out as .200000000001, for example. ( I am guessing at the number of zeroes) Next, I copied the numbers and pasted them in NotePad to lose any formating and then pasted them into a new spreadsheet. But when I bring these into a mail merge, I am getting the same results. What am I doing wrong? I would l...

Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.6560.0, hang module hungapp,
I have a user who gets this crash whenever he prints to adobe distiller. Environment is XP pro2 Excel 2003 adobe pro 6 Anybody have any suggestions- thanks CR -- ...

Junk mail folder synchronization
Dear all, Our server is running win server 08 + exchange 07 and our staff use outlook 03. We all have two mailboxes in outlook, one is server mailbox, another one is pst file store in local pc. We have the email synchronize problem in junk mail folder that some of the junk mail auto synchronize to local pc mailbox but some of the junk mail received in server mailbox. Why some of the junk mail cannot receive in local pst mailbox? Is it having some problem on Exchange server? Thank you very much. Best regards, KenL "KenL" <goukilee@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message news:uM...

Pocket Money 2006 Compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
I just bought a Dell Axim X51V, which I like other than the fact that the new 4.1 release of Activesync "breaks" Nortel VPN connections --- ---and--- It seems as if pocket money 2006 is incompatible with WM 5.0. Anyone know if a fix is on the Microsoft drawing board? Kenny Hey Kenny, I'm having the same problem with my PPC 6700. Have you gotten anywhere on this? "Kenny" wrote: > I just bought a Dell Axim X51V, which I like other than the fact that the > new 4.1 release of Activesync "breaks" Nortel VPN connections --- > > ---and--...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

viewing crm emails in Outlook inbox
In crm 1.2 when a workflow fired off an email message it was sent to the recipients CRM and Outlook inbox, it appears as 3.0 doesn't do the same. Is there a way to get the email messages generated by a workflow in the CRM to appear in the recipients inbox. My issue is that people are not keen at having to track email messages in two places and they don't want to use CRM as there main interface for emails. Thanks, John ...

Extending CRM access to another Domain
We have a request from our parent company overseas in that they want to connect to our instance of MSCRM. In no way is our AD environment or WAN connected to them. My first thought was to simply create AD accounts for those users, and give them VPN access into our network. Then allow them to hit the CRM web site, but then the question of CRM email comes around. Since we have two different domain names, it would mean that the overseas folks would have two email accounts to manage. My question here would be what are my options to make this happen? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! ...

looking for mail server for testing client on local machine
I am developing software for add-in on Outlook client, but am doing this in a 'closed' development environment. I'm looking for a 'pseudo-mail-server' that could run on the local machine to send and receive emails (testing environment only). Someone must have done this before.... If you use your favorite search engine for look for "free POP3 server," = you should find what you need.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...