Track in CRM causes SQL Error (CRM 4.0)

Hi all,

We've got a couple of clients who are seeing apparently random SQL server
errors when they click the Track in CRM button in the 4.0 Outlook client. The
error reads:

"A SQL Server error occurred.  Try this action again.  If the problem
continues check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact
your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator.  Finally, you can
contact Microsoft Support."

There is no corresponding error in either the client computer's event log or
server event logs that I can find. They don't seem to have any special
control characters in them or strange attachments.

While you can't do anything with the email once it's gone bad, if you
forward the message and then track it in CRM it works fine. Could some ID's
be getting messed up in the background?

The two systems are both upgrades from 3 to 4, and are the only ones so far
that have been getting the error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rob
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Collection tracking lite
I have a customer that is interested in tracking their contacts with customers on AR collections. I know that the Collections Management Module in Great Plains will do a great job of that, but they are looking for a very simple solution. Is anyone aware of a third party developed enhancement that will just give someone a place to make notes, etc. regarding their collection effort? Thanks for any information you may have. This may be too obvious, but why not use the notes function already built into Great Plains. That way all accounting system users can read the notes, add to them as...

tracking bonds in money 2004
When I put in the bonds, price, etc, it has market value of 1% of the real value, i.e, 25.00 bond, value is .25 pls help Read the article in help on how Money prices bonds. It's as a percentage of face value. "ms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7dd001c3e93c$b3c2bf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I put in the bonds, price, etc, it has market value > of 1% of the real value, i.e, 25.00 bond, value is .25 > > pls help ...

Vlookup returns "0"

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Error in Outlook Today

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Error in database....

stop error defeating me

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

SQL View with Smartlist Builder
I am having to recreate Anyviews (GP8) into Smartlists (GP10SP3). Not very happy. Many of our Smartlist require the use of SQL views do to the limitations of Anyview and now Smartlist. It appears that I must create a separate Smartlist for each company I wish to use my sql view with. Is there not a way to include a custom SQL view in Smartlist, and have Smartlist use the company the user is logged into? The view exist in each company database. Can this be done with SQL Reporting server and DynamicsGP? Can I pull a report based on the company db the user is logged into? Thanks for the...

error 553