Toolbar disappearing

Hello,

 I am having a problem when I close Outlook and re-open it and the CRM tool
bar disappears.  If I click on the Microsoft CRM folder it will display a
Page Can Not be Displayed page.  I have been instructed to remove the
Microsoft add-in  and to try and add it again (crmaddin.dll file) and it
works but once you close outlook and reopen it will disappear again.  Any
suggestions.

WinXP using Office2003.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you installed the 47 patch rollup for the outlook client from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748a2&DisplayLang=en

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"MikeC" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>  I am having a problem when I close Outlook and re-open it and the CRM
tool
> bar disappears.  If I click on the Microsoft CRM folder it will display a
> Page Can Not be Displayed page.  I have been instructed to remove the
> Microsoft add-in  and to try and add it again (crmaddin.dll file) and it
> works but once you close outlook and reopen it will disappear again.  Any
> suggestions.
>
> WinXP using Office2003.

0
John
8/1/2005 1:20:08 AM
I applied the patch and this didn't seem to work.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> Have you installed the 47 patch rollup for the outlook client from
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748a2&DisplayLang=en
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "MikeC" <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> >  I am having a problem when I close Outlook and re-open it and the CRM
> tool
> > bar disappears.  If I click on the Microsoft CRM folder it will display a
> > Page Can Not be Displayed page.  I have been instructed to remove the
> > Microsoft add-in  and to try and add it again (crmaddin.dll file) and it
> > works but once you close outlook and reopen it will disappear again.  Any
> > suggestions.
> >
> > WinXP using Office2003.

Outlook 2007 user account disappears
Hi I have Outlook 2007 set up in Vista Home premium. On several occasions I have set up a second user account in Vista and then fired up Outlook 2007. After successfully setting up POP addresses, contacts etc everything seems to work fine. After leaving for a few days / weeks and then trying to access Outlook again through that account, it fires up as if I have never used Outlook before - asking for user name / POP settings etc etc. All previous e-mails seem to have gone. On the odd occasion, I have entered outlook and got the new user issue; then re-booted and the old account and e-mail...

Disappearing Outlook Appointments
Good Afternoon, We are using the CRM Outlook client(Offline enabled) with UR7 and CRM 4.0 server with UR6. One user has been experiencing appointments that disappear from his calendar. There is nothing unusual in his event logs, the appointment was there this morning when he tracked it in CRM. Now serveral hours later the appointment is in the CRM system, but in his Outlook it was in his Deleted Items folder and no longer being tracked in CRM. The client syncs every 35 minutes and it was fine until 2 hours before the meeting. The appointment was form another CRM user who had not change...

Create toolbar icon to send mail from specific account
I use Outlook 2003 with multiple internet e--mail accounts. I'd like to set up different icons on the toolbar to send mail from different accounts with one click. Is this possible? Many thanks. CJ You do know that you can click the Accounts button on the toolbar in a new mail message to choose the sending account, right? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:XKadnesptJbLi7TdRVn-hg@giganews.com, CJ wrote: > I use Outlook 2003 with multiple i...

Standard Menu Bar has disappeared
I was playing around with the Menu bar settings on my startup form along with the startup options and somehow I made my "Menu Bar" disappear and it is not showing up in Toolbars tab under Customize (right-click on toolbar => customize). I checked the startup options and everything is checked and I deleted everything from the Menu bar field in the startup form. I don't know what else to do :(. Is there a way to reset all the settings in Access? Please help! Hi. > I checked the startup options and everything is checked Also ensure that the "Menu bar" co...

Active Directory security settings disappearing
Hello Everyone: During these last couple of days, we have been experiencing issues with certain security settings within AD. Issue: I go to "Person A's" profile in the ADUC snap-in and add "Person B" with certain permissions within "Person A's" security tab. I wait about 40min - 2hrs and "Person B" and the permission applied are gone. It seems as if somehow the permissions are reverting during replication. Troubleshooting steps taken: 1) We re-added the "Person B" with appropriate permissions from 4 different domain controller...

Excel Toolbar
Somehow I lost the toolbar to edit cell contents. How do I re-insert that toolbar? Perhaps: View - Toolbars - Reviewing -- Best Regards, Luke M "Nvrcmgbk" <Nvrcmgbk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:305AAFDB-0CA4-4FE9-BD4B-D87518C303DC@microsoft.com... > Somehow I lost the toolbar to edit cell contents. How do I re-insert that > toolbar? Thanks but that didn't work. "Luke M" wrote: > Perhaps: > View - Toolbars - Reviewing > > -- > Best Regards, > > Luke M > "Nvrcmgbk"...

My Outlook 07 receives and downloads mail,however they disappear
Outlook receives and downloads my mail, however for the last couple of days, that is all it does. there are no new messages to read. They disappear. I have run diagnostic and nothing came up to repair. short of uninstall/reinstall does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Disappearing Dates
I managed to get the Form to show [open date] +5, so that I have goal dates. While the form shows the dates, the database does not. How do I get the dates on to the database? mori stronzo "RonnieF" <RonnieF@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:C25E141C-DD91-48F4-BDF1-4EC6AAA6D3CF@microsoft.com... >I managed to get the Form to show [open date] +5, so that I have goal >dates. > While the form shows the dates, the database does not. How do I get the > dates on to the database? ...

Checkbox on report
I have not found this solution yet - is there a way? My report is based on a text field (Job1) and Yes/No field (Log1 - i.e. checkbox). On the report I have coded the text field to disappear if the checkbox is ticked. My challengeis: On the report I don't want the checkbox to appear AT ALL - visible or invisible - since it takes up space even when invisible. Any advice?? You have to include the checkbox on the report or do some manipulation in a QUERY based on the table. You can set the checkbox control's visible property to Yes (True) in design view and never make i...

Control contents disappear after postback
I have a VB2008 website with, among others, 3 dropdownlists. Two of these are autopostback and unbound, ddlFuel1a and ddlFormulation1. Whenever I click on any autopostback control, the entire content of both of these controls is deleted. Other than the Imports and Inherits lines, the following is the entirety of my VB code: Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load If Not IsPostBack Then ddlFuel1a.Items.Add("Gasoline") ddlFuel1a.Items.Add("Diesel") ddlFormulation1.It...

Terminal Server, CRM 3 for Outlook, Toolbars Go Inactive
I've got about 30 users in a Terminal Server who lose their CRM functionality in Terminal Server on a regular, intermittent basis. I see these in the event logs, but the 5908 event only is recoreded once and it doesn't actually seem to correspond with when a user reports the issue, nor does it happen every time they report it. It is happening on two different Terminal Servers with many different users. Any help? Thanks, NW Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5908 Date: 6/30/2007 Time: 5:09:26 PM User: N/A Computer: TERMINAL3 Descript...

Reports icon disappears from the entity lists and entity forms
During the day the reports icon disappears and appears again to different users. However, the menu item in the workplace is always there. Have you any idea why does this happen? ...

The format disappears when I send the message via email
Need your help desperately!! I've created a file and sent out as message via email. However, the template collapsed, words and pictures are all distached. Last time, I was successful to do so but not this time. What happen to the setting? -- Christine Lam ...

Blocked Sender List Disappears
As I try to add names to my Blocked Sender List, they disappear at the end of each session and are not saved from one day to the next. I remember having to do something in the registry to correct this condition in the past but cannot recall what I had to do. Thanks for the help, Fred Fred <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As I try to add names to my Blocked Sender List, they > disappear at the end of each session and are not saved > from one day to the next. If I were in your shoes, I'd try a new mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel program top blue strip has disappeared
Has anyone had this problem with Excel or can you tell me how to solve it? I am using Dell Dimension XPS R400 computer, Windows 98, and MS Excel 97 SR-1. Two days ago on Jan. 4, 2004 using Excel I did something (I can't remember what I did) but I noticed right away that the worksheet I was using no longer had any information on the top or bottom outside the worksheet - no tool bars, status bars, formula information. More importantly, also missing was the blue colored strip across the top of the screen. This strip has "Microsoft Excel and [file name]" and on the far ri...

New Outlook Toolbar problem
I have set up a new tool bar called GTD and have placed several commands on it (e.g. move to folder, custom flag, etc.). It works fine when set-up but when I close outlook and reopen the toolbar either disappears or has missing icons. Is there anyway to keep the toolbar permanately or at least to ensure that it stays or does not become modified? Not to sure if it can be saved either? Thanks Kita Toolbar issues belong to the programmers of the toolbar. If they don't = program the toolbars correctly, you will consistently see this issue. I = would contact the makers of Getting Things...

Charts disappearing
I have a worksheet that contains multiple sheets. There are 2 charts each on their own sheet and pulling data from 2 addtional sheets within the same workbook. Whenever I choose to print either chart on a color printer the chart starts to flash, it prints, but then is not visible on the sheet. If I close the workbook and reopen it the chart is there again. i do not have this problem if I print it in black & white. Any suggestions? -- Thank you! ...

Custom Toolbar does not display all buttons
My custom Toolbar works fine on my PC at work which it was created on and saved in the workbook. When I open the workbook on another PC only 2 of the three buttons display, and on another PC only one button is shown. I automatically display the toolbar when the sheet opens and turn off the toolbat when the workbook closes Any idea's.? cheers Pete Pete formulated on Monday : > My custom Toolbar works fine on my PC at work which it was created on > and saved in the workbook. When I open the workbook on another PC only > 2 of the three buttons display, and on another PC only one ...

Why no "normal view" on toolbar
I have several graphs some show the "Normal view" button on the tool bar, others dont. How do i enable the "Normal View" again? Or is this because i have something active wich disables it? ...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

Address toolbar will show only one file
With multiple excel files open the address toolbar will only show one of these. It used to show all open files until I downloaded an Office update recommended by Microsoft after I sent off an error report for an Excel bug. Apologies for first message omitted - "appreciate if anyone could help" "Ian Grega" wrote: > With multiple excel files open the address toolbar will only show one of > these. It used to show all open files until I downloaded an Office update > recommended by Microsoft after I sent off an error report for an Excel bug. Ian Assuming you me...

My format toolbar dissappeared and won't come back... Outlook 2003
I don't mean, grayed out. I mean not there. HTML, Rich text, doesn't matter. Any ideas? Is it turned off or actually deleted? Did you try resetting toolbars? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newslette...

Toolbar Button's abnormal behavior
hi All! I am developing a project in which i am using a toolbar having 3 buttons only. I want to change the bmps on one particular button(the 3rd button) at runtime and i had successfully done that, but, there is a problem, when my program creates the same view again(by clicking on a button) it displays 4 buttons, the fourth button have the same BTN_ID as the 3rd button, but, it doesn't toggle the image where the 3rd button toggles image. I did check the onInitialUpdate in my View class , OnCreate of CMainFrame. But i am not creating any other button in this toolbar at runtime. Would...

Toolbars in Excel 2007
In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins tab. The same does not appear to be the case in Excel. Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only option with Excel 2007? If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT. -- Thanks, Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft....

Why can I suddenly not see toolbar options when I'm working on a d
Suddenly when I'm working on a document I have to click on "home" or "view" or "review" etc. EACH TIME I want to use a feature like bullet or indent paragraph etc. Until today when I clicked on "home" all the home tools stayed visible at the top of the document until I moved to "view" or "review" etc. Now as soon as I type on my document, the "home" (or whatever) tools disappear and I have to click "home" (or whatever) each time to see them. How did this happen and how do I fix it??? You have &...