Time (zones) in MS CRM

I have been seeing an odd problem in MS CRM.

During demonstrations, I have been setting up an Activity
to be completed today (using the calendar control to
select the correct day).  However, on the homepage it
always shows as due tomorrow.

I have checked both the system time and the time zone
settings in Windows.  They are correct (we are in
Sydney).  I cannot find any time settings in MS CRM itself.

It seems that somewhere either MS CRM or SQL Server are
holding this activity as due according to GMT or Pacific
Coast time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Gill
0
Gill
4/6/2004 8:27:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Or more likely, the time that the aspx of the homepage is
using is GMT or Pacific Coast, but the time of the
Activity is correct as today.

Thanks

Gill

0
Gill
4/6/2004 8:38:22 PM
Check your Personal Option. Have you already setup this? Try to click
Tools -> Options.
FYI, Ms.CRM is not fully related with Windows setting.

Rgds,
Frans

"Gill Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been seeing an odd problem in MS CRM.
>
> During demonstrations, I have been setting up an Activity
> to be completed today (using the calendar control to
> select the correct day).  However, on the homepage it
> always shows as due tomorrow.
>
> I have checked both the system time and the time zone
> settings in Windows.  They are correct (we are in
> Sydney).  I cannot find any time settings in MS CRM itself.
>
> It seems that somewhere either MS CRM or SQL Server are
> holding this activity as due according to GMT or Pacific
> Coast time.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gill

0
Frans

Appointment times won't post correctly
On the calendar, appointments, meetings, etc. made or received show up on the date and time received or sent; regardless of the actual date or time of the appointment. Is there a setting that will correct this? I've exhausted myself trying to find a fix. Outlook 2003 There is a seperate calendar time zone setting that has to be set in addition to your system clock. Pain in the ass. Go to Options and then select Calendar. You should see the Time Zone button there. Set it accordingly, but be aware that everything in your calendar up to that point will change. "Keith Wilso...

office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance ot T&C's each time
office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i open work or excell or any office program. How do I get rid of this? Boot into Safe mode in Windows 7,open any Office app and then accept the terms -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mouser830" <mouser830@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7B7602D-F5D8-4559-98EF-A2CCC1E2D6FD@microsoft.com... > office 2003 w/ windows 7 requires reacceptance of T&C's each time i op...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Using crm:5555 rather than a custom hostheader
All I would just like to know what's the recommended solution for a CRM (v3) deployment:- use the standard crm:5555 or a custom hostheader e.g. crm.mycompany.net. Will the custom hostheader cause me any problems? Will external users be able to logon remotely using this host header? Many thanks, Nick. ...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

What is the MS Best Practice for positional files to XSD schema?
How do I get a positional flatfile from cobol (shown below) and create a Schema based on the positions below in vb.net? 'ERROR-TYPE-CDE Positional length =(2) 'ERROR-NUM Positional length =(10) 'COGGA-FLD-REQUEST-KY Positional length =(10, 0) 'COGGA-CUST-ACCT-KY Positional length =(10, 0) 'COGGA-ACCT-STAT-DESC Positional length = (8) 'COGGA-DISPATCH-DTE Positional length =(10) 'COGGA-DISPATCH-TME Positional leng...

Set default time zone for all users
Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone? No. Each user must change their own timezone settings. I have no idea why Microsoft do not pick up your computers timezone. Hopefully this will be changed in a version 2.0 release "Jack Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F5F4A10-B6AD-420C-9ACB-F73A13FDABB9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change i...

Great Plains integration to CRM 4.0
does anyone know if there is integration of great plains with crm 4.0? we have crm 3.0 integrated to great plains 8.0 and want to upgrade both. Hi Shawn, There is no Microsoft connector yet for CRM 4 and GP. There is one for CRM 3 and GP. Other options are to use • some third party tools like Scribe • or use Microsoft BizTalk • or do custom Programming. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Shawn" wrote: > does an...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

missing arial unicode ms
I did some publisher projects a few yrs ago,under Win98 & Office SB 2000. When I try to bring them up now (under WinXP, Office SB 2000, it says arial unicode ms is embedded, & can't be loaded or is unavailable. The font Publisher subs screws everything up, but I can't locate the font (on discs for XP, Office, or Win98). How can I get it back? All programs are up-to-date Arial Unicode was installed with this applications Access 2000, Excel 2000, FrontPage 2000, Office 2000 Premium, Office Professional Edition 2003, Outlook 2000, PowerPoint 2000, Publisher 2000, Word 2...

CRM 3.0 Email Attachments
I understand the attachments are stored in the DB iteself. I am able to find out which table and fields. I see attachment NAME, MIME TYPE, MIMEID but unable to locate which column in the MSCRM.ActivityMimeAttachment table the content is stored ? Please advice. I am trying to download the attachment from the CRM Database into a folder as a file for a given activityid. ...

time #11
I have set up a spreadsheet with time based on what our company truck drivers work. We work under a DOT rule of 70 hours / 8 days. That means that the driver can not work more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. The sheets I have (one for each month) goes back 7 days plus the current day and calculated how many hours a day the driver works and subtracts it from 70, leaving how many hours they can work the next day. If the calculation gets to 0 or above, the cell changes color to alert me that the driver's 70 hours are up and he/she has to have 34 hours off before he/she can be on duty ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

prompting to save workbook every time (even when no changes made)
i have 3 workbooks all very similar and every single time i open any o them, even when not changing anything, i am prompted to save th thing. its so bad that i can literally open the workbook then click the clos button straight away and it STILL prompts me to save it because i seems to think something has changed. as far as i can see i dont have any macros or anything that will ru every time it starts and change something (i did have a = today in on cell which kept the date as today but taking this out made n difference -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Neowok! You prob...

CRM 3.0 Setup err databases already exist on the specified SQL Ser
ReportServer ReportServerTempDB Question : How to clear this problem? The On-Line Help did not applied as SQL 2005 has been installed on SBS2003 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Cause There are two causes for this error: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is already installed on the specified server. Setup has found a version of Microsoft SQL Server that is not supported by Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. Solution One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are required for Microsoft SQL Server Repor...

MS Money for Palm OS
Hi there Is Money 2002 available for the Palm OS? Any resources/links would be appreciated Thanks Ian Mick Any version of Money? 2002? "Mick" <alaskan@cox.net> wrote in message news:09a001c3d46b$8a447fc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Ian, > > I have looked into various Palm OS finacial softwares. > None would sync both ways, either with Quicken or Money > except for one. It's called Ultrasoft and can be found at > http://www.ultrasoft.com/ > > It syncs with Money (not Quicken) and allows me to input > data either into Money or Ultrasoft on my Pa...

CRM Crystal Reports Uniqueidentifier
Dear all, I have been customising the paramaterise reports for MS CRM so that site managers can view their child users reports... but I hit the wall as we speak because I cannot get Crystal Reports to query the database with the other users' uniqueidentifier GUID... If I put in the currently logged in user GUID into the report for querying, it seemed to work... other than that it does not... >From the Opportunity List by Account (Specify Owner...) report from Microsoft, I changed the Selection Formula under the Account from (account.ownerid) = (?UserId) to (account.ownerid) = (?Chi...

CRM 4.0: Do notes carry over in lead conversion?
Hi all, I know that in CRM 3.0, when you convert a lead, you lose the notes associated with it. Is this still the case with CRM 4.0? Is there maybe a way to fix that now--mapping relationships?!? Thanks. Hi, Same is the case in CRM 4. Notes of Lead will stay with Lead after conversion to Account or contact. To move them to Account or contact, you need coding. Llugin or workflow assembly will work for you. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profil...

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

CRM server powered down
I have had a power outage in the server room, and the CRM server powered down (not through a standard shutdown). Since rebooting nobody can log in to CRM now. Everybody gets an error message saying "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." Can anybody suggest where I begin to fix this? First, check all you sevices such as SQL, CRM Security service, IIS etc are running. It is most likely that the problem lies here after a re-boot. Pete C "Kodak" <Kodak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:928445BB-AC24-44A4-...

Unable to receive email from CRM to Outlook
Hi, I have configured the CRM router and am trying to send mail from CRM. I am able to send the mail without any error in CRM. When I click the send button the email form closes. However, I am not getting the mail in outlook. Can anyone provide any hints on what could be the problem... Thanks and Regards Amit Amit, Is it an internal mail? the CRM Exchange Router only works with external mail. Thanks Simon "AmitK" <amitkarnik78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129643395.576146.287270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have configured the CRM r...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...