Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User

When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the
Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date
the person in the Central Time zone selected.

For instance...
If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the
Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007:
-- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007
-- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007

This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some
opportunities show in the wrong month...  and will put that revenue in the
wrong month.

It would make more sense to save the Actual Close Date and other Date (and
not Time) controls to 12:00PM UTC, not 12:00AM UTC.  That way it won't offset
an entire day for being one time zone away from the person that set the date.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=20ab30e4-7762-47a1-bc95-d3468e311e95&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Changing Function to use a Date Input
Hi. can anyone please advise me on how to change the function keys.. sa F10, F11 & F12 to use to input a date into a cell. EG. F10 to be 01/01/04 F11 to be 02/01/04 F12 to be 03/01/04 What I require is to go to any cell and press the relevant function ke to Input the associated date Any help would be greatly appreciate Many thank Rob PS using Excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com First, I'm not sure if you entered Jan 1, 2004, Feb 1, 2004, and Mar 1, 2004 or Jan 1st-3rd, 2004. Here are a couple of macros. The first turns this on, the second turns it...

how to display a form for the user to select a list of contacts from the addressbook
Does anyone know how i could (in vb or vb.net) display a MS Outlook screen which can be used for the user to select a contact from the address book. I need a screen to display the outlook contacts and for the user to select one of them and this screen should return the selected contact. Then i should be able to get the details of this selected contact. Any idea??? The code will be used in an external application. ...

password incorrect
when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password. I keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that properties need to be defined. was working ok what you could try is right click on the pst file.. go to properties.. see if read only is uncheckd.. which it should be.... however unfortunately if this doesnt work.... that's it.. someone must have set a password for your pst file sometime earlier..!! "Adam" <adam@raw101.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message ne...

Display Name Resolution situation
I have a situation with three internal Exchange mailboxes: MB1 = Mike - sent a message to Sarah MB2 = Sarah - Sarah did not receive the message MB3 = John - John received the message In John's mailbox, the To field shows the following: Sarah (sarah@domain.com) But when you right-click on "Sarah (sarah@domain.com)" and choose Properties, you see all the GAL information for John's mailbox. None of the mailboxes have have anything in their contacts folders, nor do we have any Public folder contacts. It is my understanding that whenever a message is delivered ...

Current time for data entered in column
Whenever data is entered in a cell, current time should come auto i another corresponding cell. For example, time should automaticall come in Y column for any data entered in any cell of the column A. Fo A10 time should come in Y10 and for A12 it should come in Y12 and s on. I need it for doing time and motion study. Appreciate all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohitmahajan! Based on JE McGimpsey (http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html) Let's say that every time an entry is made in cells A2:A100, the corresponding cell in column Y should have the...

user-defined data type capabilities
It seems I use Microsoft Visual Basic 6.5 from Microsoft Excel 2003. I've just introduced my first user-defined data type (UDT) to a module. I found it greatly simplified passing parameters. Private Type Journey Depart As String Arrive As String End Type What can I do with such UDTs? 1) Declare functions and scalar, array, and parameter variables. 2) Assign e.g. Dim A as UDT, B as UDT: A = B 3) Not compare variables. e.g. if UDT0 = UDT1 ... gets an error. What else can UDTs be used for? When, in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), I hover over code referencing a v...

User-Defined type not defined
hello I use ACCESS 2000. I'd like to run the following code borrowed from one of the Access user sites, but compiling fails at the Dim statement. ("User-defined type not defined") Private Sub ListAvailPrinters() Dim prn As Printer For Each prn In Application.Printers Debug.Print prn.DeviceName & " on " & prn.Port Next prn End Sub I suspect a Reference Library is not installed, but I'm not sure which one I need. I currently have the following Reference Libraries: Visual Basic For Applications Microsoft Acce...

Can't send images to multiple users
I am using Outlook 2003 and when I try to send an image to multiple people the message will not send it just sits in my outbox. If I send the image to one person at a time everything works correctly. How big is the image, and how many recipients? Multiply the file size by the number of recipients and add on a bit more to figure out how big the outbound message is...you may be hitting a limit set by your ISP for message size. Michael Stephens wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 and when I try to send an image to > multiple people the message will not send it just sits in > my outbox....

How do I prevent Excel from auto-correcting the date format?
I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from doing this? One way is to format the input column / range as Text first (via Format > Cells > Number tab > Text > OK) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Watts" <Watts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16725A60-590A-4658-857A-2E6C8420D253@microsoft.com... > I am using Excel, and every time I enter 2/1 in the spreadsheet - it corrects > it to Feb-1. How do I prevent it from do...

cells changing from number to date
I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? What are you inputting, a fraction?if so, format as # ??/?? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mwhite@srgmac.com" <mwhite@srgmac.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E71CED6D-8370-44D1-A4BF-9A6B352205F3@microsoft.com... > I am putting a number in a cell, then tabbing to the next cell, the previous > cell changed from a number to a date. How do I keep the number there? ...

How do I change the user ID for a financial institution?
I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept trying to hack into my account and locking it. Where within Money 2006 can I change my user ID for a particular financial institution? I see where I can change the password for a financial institution, but not the user ID. Thanks. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbA==?= <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 03 Jan 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > I had to change my user ID for chase.com because someone kept trying > to hack into my account and locking it. Where within Money 2006 can > I change my user ID for ...

Outlook
We have a user that gets a ton of emails with atachments for his job (corp project manager) and we are having a devil of a time trying to help him. Within a few months, his PST will become so large (reaching the 2 GIG limit in Outlook 2000. We can't use Outlook 2003 because we have Exchange 5.5 and our exchange admin is not ready for Outlook 2003) that we have to try to archive out his PST and create a new one for him. The problem is that he has quite a number of folders that he LIKES to keep when we archive his PST. So we can't simply make a template PST as he modifies the fol...

custom date format 04-12-10
I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 2010"? Thanks so much for all the help, past, present, and future!! Tonso How about Mon, Sep 27, 2010 If that's ok, try: ddd, mmm dd, yyyy or ddd, mmm d, yyyy Tonso wrote: > > I can use the built-in formats in XL2003 to get a date like " Monday, > September 27, 2010". Is it possible to create a custom format to give > a date like "Mon, Sept 27, 201...

how to reduce print time
I am printing name badges from publisher. I have a graphic and very little text on them. It takes over 45 minutes for the first page to print. What can I do to remedy this? If the graphic is a gradient it will slow the print down. Is your printer driver current? Have you looked at the support documents on the web site of your printer manufacturer? What version Publisher are you using? Take a look at the printers preferences. Right-click your printer in the printer folder, properties, Advanced tab. There are options you can try to speed up the printing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.o...

Auto-send pivot table per user
I have a pivot table which is the performance benchmarking per user. Now what I am doing is double click on user name to drill down their performance per job, copy and plaste it on email, type the email address according to address list, and send to them one by one. Is there any built-in function or VBA/ macro to do these steps with one click? Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot table to a different email recipient. The website is as follows:- http://www.rondebruin.nl -- Gary Bro...

Hide Alternate Labels on Date Axis
Hi, I'm having trouble trying to hide every other label along a horizontal date axis. I start on the 01-Jan up to 10-Jan and through using the 'Format Axis'->'Scale'->'Major Unit' and setting this to 2 I can hide the labels: '02-Jan'; '04-Jan'; etc. However, I want to hide the odd dates: '01-Jan'; '03-Jan'; etc. I have tried the various combinations with the dialog box but can't get anything to work. Should I be using a custom formula or something? Any help is much appreciated. Paul. In article <1168177092.892944...

calculating Week numbers in a time table
I have a weekly timetable table for school terms with the following fields WeekID (automatic number), WkbeginDate (date), WkNo ( number 1 or 2). The WkNo can be either 1 or 2 . How can I get the Wkno field to automatically update with the correct week number for each new record ie if a record has week value 2 the next record will have a WkNo value of 1? I would prefer to do this using a query rather than a form. The timetable is not for the whole year and has 'holiday' breaks, sometimes restarting on a week 2, sometimes on a week 1. Hope this makes sense! Hilarys =?Utf-8?B?SGls...

time calculations #6
Hello! Does anyone know how you can calculate worked hours in a day on the basis of a start and end time? =(end_time-start_time)*24 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Aline" <A_Mangelschots@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1127724380.330877.175210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hello! > > Does anyone know how you can calculate worked hours in a day on the > basis of a start and end time? > Hi Aline With start time in column A, and end time in column B, enter in C1 =MOD((B1-A1),1) will give the time interval, even allowing for time period where the start is on...

Multi-company User License
I a user works on three different company databases (three application instances) on the same machine at the same time, will he/she use one or three user licenses? Please confirm. Thanks Great Plains licensing is based on concurrent users. This is on a per user/per company basis. If one user is running 3 instances of the application in 3 companies, they are using 3 concurrent user licenses. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.m...

date is in 20010129 format, how can I get it in m/d/y format
-- jsanders Data>text to column, go to step three and select date and YMD and for future posts it's considered rude just using the subject line Regards, Peo Sjoblom With the value 20010129 in cell A1, enter this formula in B1: =DATEVALUE(MID(A1,5,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&LEFT(A1,4)) and the format the cell as a date. The various functions parse the 20010129 string into its components, and the DATEVALUE converts that string to a datevalue that Excel can recognize. ...

Log of users who open the workbook
Hi y'all, I used the search command and found several of your answers to this question, but each of them failed in the VBA for some reason. Yes, I'm in the VBA part (Alt+F11), I double clicked on ThisWorkbook, a window opened and I pasted the given code, one at a time, into the window, saved, exited the book, re-opened the book, and get an error each time. I dont really need to track changes, since I'll be the only one making any changes. The other user(s) who open this are only there to get information that I've entered, nothing else. I'd just like to know the...

Media player ripping incorrect CD
I have media player version 11.0.5721.5268 and Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with service pack 3. i have a 3 volume CD to copy into my computer. when i try ripping it the 2nd cd only comes up with a totally different cd from microsoft's library, I guess. how do i get it to just read my cd and copy it? Right-click one of the tracks of the CD and select Find Album Info. In the window that appears, find the correct album, and complete the subsequent steps to apply the found album information to the CD. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Ginny wrote: >...

Lotus Notes users do not see my Outlook signature correct
My signature looks perfekt in Outlook 2003 and XP versions. But when the signature is received by Notes users, the background pictures are missing and the table text is moved to the right. I have searched IBM web sites and forums for any Best Practices when designing HTML for Lotus Notes, but found no solution to the problem. Has anyone experience with html that are presented correct in Notes ? Thanks -- Jesper Frier www.jesperfrier.com Is there a Lotus notes forum available? They would have the best answer, not an Outlook group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Remove time portion from date on Excel 2007 chart
I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. Where does this appear? Which labels? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ NeoFax wrote: > I am trying to remove the auto generated time of 00:00 to every date > in my chart. I have tried setting the format, but it just ignores > whatever I try to input. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Chart Displays in reverse order
Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from the most current in in row 8 to the oldest data in row 71. My chart however displays all the data in reverse order including the chart labels. If I reverse the lables it does not change the data displaying in reverse. Any thoughts? ok I had to change both axis to reverse... sorry! "John" wrote: > Hi I have a chart with 2 axes and several plots of data. I am looking at > 5min time intervals and have the data in the sheet from t...