Time Only Functions

Hi,

I am having a situation where i need to have a Start time and End time
for a base date.  Do you know is it possible to have 'time-only'
fields?  As an alternate i was looking to put two date-time fields,
first for base date and start time, second for End time & auto
populate second date from the first one.  But i need to disable / hide
just the datepart from second date-time field. Any clues?  Your help
is appreciated.

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Formatting cells with Time data
I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but every time I try to enter data into the cells, the system automatically converts the hours I've entered into a date and leaves the time value at 0 any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Are you entering as hh:mm regardless of the cell format? -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "yimkhoc" <yimkhoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A481A01F-0938-4F38-A93C-F2B9CB0BD34C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to set up my spreadsheet to format my cells to hhmm, but ev...

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

Run Time Error '1004' Application or Onject-defined
Hi all. I am having a strange problem with the below code in that it produces the run time error when trying to Paste the Selection. However, if I perform the action manually in exactly the same way, as in recording the macro in the first place, it works!? How can I get this to run - it is after all, a really simple code. (Most frustrating) Thanks, Wes. Windows("Transaction_Record.xlsm").Activate Sheets("DETAILED_PMNTS_REC").Select Range("N2077:QV2089").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windows("AUDIT_TR...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

Publisher 97 and date/time print
I am designing an office card using 1997 Publisher. No matter what I do it prints day, month,year and time on every page. I have checked background and there is no text box even there to delete to stop this problem. How can I find and delete? This will be an option of your printer driver. Disable that option and your trauma will be over. -- ...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

Calculate meeting timings
Hi, I had one requirement. I want to calculate my total meetings time i spent througout the week, month or year. This will help how to manage my time between my work and meeting. Any solution to this??? ...

Getting local Time and date for the local computer(vista OS)
Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get current time and date from the local compuetr. i meet an example in MSDN : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa390423(VS.85).aspx but it looks too long for what i am looking, is there a 1 function API that returns the Date and the time ? thanks for your time Zack >Hi I am working with Vista(one of a kind), >and have a MFC application and would like to add small code that will get >current time and date from the local compuetr. >i meet an example in MSDN...

Writing Access functions
I am an old FoxPro programmer (but have been out of programming for many years) and I have been through the Access basics that I have been able to find on line. So I can create tables, forms enter data the basics. I am learning VBA no problem there. Now I want to write some functions. I would like to write one function that is passed an ID and returns the last name of the person having that ID. I would like to write this function in two ways: 1. Connect to a table in my DB find the ID and return the name 2. Have the function perform a query that returns a record set from which t...

program loading time
The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it still loads slow. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote: >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it >still loads slow. Any suggestions? Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data. Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget if you think that would be appropriate. Set your start page t...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Function Keys in Excel
Can someone please tell me what the F2 key does in Excel 2000? I have a column of data which has been copied from Access 2000 into an Excel 2000 sheet. It is numeric data and when I use the "Countif" function on this data, it doesn't calculate. However, if I press the "F2" function key in any of the cells, something happens to the data so that the "countif" function recoginises it. Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thank you. -- LPS F2 allows you to edit directly in the cell, do you have calculations set to automatic under tools>calcul...

entering time
Is there a way to set up a cell so that I can type in 1330, and have Excel put in the colon so it reads 13:30 (military time)? right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. As written, works on a1:a100 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> Dim InputRange As Range Dim Temp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim Separators(2) As String Separators(0) = ";" Separators(1) = "," Separators(2) = "." Application.EnableEvents = False Set InputRange = [A1:A100] 'or whatever If Intersec...

processor time allocation
My app routinely only gets 10 to 30 % of CPU time - the system idle process gets the rest (indicated by windows task manager) My app is multithreaded and has one thread that requires lots of CPU time at 20 Hz intervals. I sleep this thread for an amount of time that would put it at the next 20 Hz interval. My other threads sleep when they are not busy. My 20 Hz thread does not recieve the processor time that it needs - even though the system idle process is taking up 70 to 90 % of the CPU time. If I remove the sleep call from my 20 Hz thread then it hogs all of the CPU time and the s...

after some time sent mail turns as i symbol mail why?
sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? It means you are tracking that email for voting or other purposes. =20 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/icons.htm --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Stalin asked: | sent mail turns with i symbol in sent items when i' using | outlook. why it is happening so and what does it mean? ...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Function for convertion of leters doesn't work.
I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on small size but Access gives me a message that the function is not defined.Please, do you know another function? MS Access does not have a LOWER function. Try LCase() instead. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "Stenli" <svet2000@seznam.cz> wrote in message news:10b201c3626e$b613a050$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using function LOWER to convert string i my table on > small size but Access gives me a message that the function > is not defined.Please, do you know another function? ...

Report Writer Functions #2
Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. The Report Writer On-line manual (Help - Printable Manuals - Reporting - Report Writer) has a fairly good description of the functions in Chapter 6. Do you look there or is there a specific function that you did not find there for which you are searching? "Elaine" wrote: > Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer > functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. Hi El...

Public Function not running
Hey, I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is: Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date Dim strHour, strMin As String Dim intHour, intMin As Integer Dim dtTime As Date strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2) strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2) dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the value today() QuitTime = dtTime End Function Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in th...

Question on "Value" function
In trying to use Excel to help solve a mathematical puzzle, I would like to calculate the result of applying the mathematical operator in one cell to the numbers in two other cells. Example: A1 contains 2, B1 contains +, C1 contains 3. In D1, create a formula that will give the result of 2 + 3, i.e. 5. I have tried (among many other attempts) =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A1, B1, C1)), but it gives me a #VALUE! error. What am I missing? Hi this is not possible without using VBA. try the following UDF: Public Function my_calculate(op1 As Range, operand As Range, op2 As Range) my_calculate = Ap...

Real time data in visio ?????
I have developed a screen in Visio choosing the Process Engineering category and placed a label on the screen to display the data continously . The data is picked up from the file say c:\test.txt.This file (c:\test.txt)is updated with random data from a simulator program running on the same machine. This program works fine when i run from Visio. The value gets updated on the screen every second. But when i use Visio viewer to deploy my application the application opens automatically in IE 5.0. I am able to view all the screens and navigate also. But my label control does not show any change of...

Outlook meeting request time off
User A sends User B a meeting request for Thursday at 2:00pm til 4:00pm. User B accepts. The problem is that the meeting shows up on user B's calendar at 1-3. One hour behind. It shows up on User A's calendar at the correct time from 2-4. I checked all the time settings in the OS and Outlook on both computers and they are correct. The only difference is that User A has Windows NT and User B has Windows XP. I try the same test from another user's computer who has NT. Same problem. When the XP user sends a meeting request to the other XP user the time shows up in both of the...