There is an error in XML document (1, 43461).

Hi,

I'm developing a web Method that takes the entity name as string Input and
return the primary field of the entity.
I tried the web method with the incident entity and it returns to me
IncidentID as a primary field but when I try it with account or contact
entity it return the following error :

System.Xml - :   There is an error in XML document (1, 43461).
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options,
NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options,
NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at System.Decimal.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider
provider)
   at System.Xml.XmlConvert.ToDecimal(String s)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read49_CrmDecimal(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read50_DecimalAttributeMetadata(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read51_AttributeMetadata(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read54_EntityMetadata(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read87_RetrieveEntityResponse(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read101_MetadataServiceResponse(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMetadataService.Read111_ExecuteResponse()
   at
Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer1.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader
xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)

====================================

Could you help my please ?

--
Regards,

Karim Mohamed
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

OLE Registration Error
When I double click Microsoft Outlook I get a message saying "OLE Registration error the program is not correctly installed run setup again". I have uninstalled all of Microsoft office and installed it again and it is still coming up with the same message. Can anyone help please? Tony ...

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

altering XML on sql server and getting information on them
Hello there I have an sql process which getting XML from one source or more. IT should get the XML and its attributes, nodes, ect and alter it to a diffrerent xml for example declare @XM xml set @xml = (select Product_id, product_name from products for xml auto) the result shoud be: <Products total="30"> <Product Product_ID="1" ... /> <Product Product_ID="2" ... /> </Products> in essuming i don't know the structure first how can i know what is the name of the node, its attributes? On Sun, 20...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

Server Error in '/' Application. 08-10-06
Dear all, Out of a sudden, I'm unable to login to a production server using the default account used for installation. Any help would be appreciated! Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.N...

Updating information in 1 file when it is added to other files
I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information for publications in different industries. 8 Industries and 1 Master List. I would like to link the master list to all of the individual industry lists so that when I add or update a new contact in an Industry list, it is reflected in the Master Spreadsheet as well. Essentially, I want to cut down on duplicating my efforts. Check out the copy paste merge examples... http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kyle" wrote: > I have 9 Spreadsheets consisting of contact information f...

Getting an IXPathNavigator's Document
I'm trying to do the functional equivalent of IsNodeDocument(IXPathNavigable myNode, IXPathNavigable potentialRoot), but I can't seem to get any comparisons that will work. If I use MoveToRoot(), I lose the state of myNode, but SelectAncestors(XPathNodeType.Root, true/false) won't work on an attribute. Keith Patrick wrote: > I'm trying to do the functional equivalent of IsNodeDocument(IXPathNavigable > myNode, IXPathNavigable potentialRoot), but I can't seem to get any > comparisons that will work. > If I use MoveToRoot(), I lose the state of >...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Date chart formula question?!?1
Hi all, In a very old spread sheet i was using this formula =IF(OR(AND($D7<G$6,$E7>F$6),AND(F$6>=$D7,F$6<=$E7)),".","") and it worked for dates pre 2009. However, i now wish to use it for dates between 2010 - 2011. Each column represent a week and the rows will indicate and project or task. can anyone help? There is nothing it that formula that will make it work for pre-2009 and not for later years. Perhaps you need to look at your data values? If you have a problem, you could tell us what values are being fed into the formula when it works...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

Error while synchronizing with net time server
Vista Ultimate SP2 I just noticed that my machine will not synchronize with any of the Internet time servers. It's set to do so automatically, but I see an error saying "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with [server name]. This happens is I try to sync manually, and it happens with all server (i.e. time.windows.com, time.nist.gov, time-a.nist.gov, time-b.nist.gov, time-nw.nist.gov). Suggestions? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Ken Isaacson wrote: > Vista Ultimate SP2 > > I just noticed...

XML formatting to HTML...beginner question

how to combine & split xml files with xslt?
How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml file into multiple files using xslt? Knighterrant wrote: > How to combine multiple xml files into a single one, or split an xml > file into multiple files using xslt? Combine is easy, just use document() fucntion to load additional XML documents. Splitting is a bit harder. See "Producing Multiple Outputs from an XSL Transformation" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml06162003.asp -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCAD] http://www.xmllab.net http://blog.tkachen...

Any tip / clue to troubleshoot errors when upgrade GP10 SP2 to SP4
There are a few error messages during GP 10 SP2 upgrading to SP4. Installation of SP4 was fine, but until the stage when it run GP Utilities, a few error prompted. Another error is related to Dexterity Runtime - Add-In Initialization Error. Could you please provide me some clue or guidance on how identify the reasons for the errors. Many thanks in advance. http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6400/errorwhenupgradegpsp2to.png http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6400/errorwhenupgradegpsp2to.png http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6400/errorwhenupgradegpsp2to.png Error when running GP ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

how can I retreive unsaved word 2007 document
How can I retreive unsaved word 2007 document? If you didn't save it, there is nothing to retrieve. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Retreive Document" <Retreive Document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A7A383-ABDC-41FD-9E1F-...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Error while installing language pack in MS CRM 4.0
Hello people, Downloaded and installed a couple of language packs succesfully in MS CRM 4.0. However, when I log into the CRM interface to actually activate the language pack I get an error when I try that. When I look at the application log in Windows, I can see the following error coming form the MSCRMWebService: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.LocalizedLabel' with unique index 'ndx_LocalizedLabel_ForSingleSelect'. The statement has been terminated. Anyobdy a suggestion ? Many thanks in advance ! Regards, Mav. I have...

Can I have a Dialog Box pop up when opening a word document?
I have a document that when a person opens it that a dialog box come up to tell the person to Stop someone is working on this account. You could put the following macro in the document Sub AutoOpen() MsgBox "Stop! Someone is working on this account." End Sub However, if the macro security is set to high, the macro will automatically be deleted and if it is set to medium, the user will be asked if they want to allow the macro to run. The other issue is that this would run whenever the document is opened, whether or not someone else had it opened. -- Hope...

distribution list error
I have a computer running OL 2003 and WinXP. Whenever he tries to send to our local distribution list in the global address list, it goes to our ISP instead of through Exchange and then is returned non-deliverable. However when he sends to individuals within the global address list it works fine. No other computer has this problem, but the rest of us have OL 2000. I was going to revert that one back to 2000, but hoped there was another quick fix. Any ideas? -Dawn ...

A question on joining more than one xml document to xsl file??
How do it bind the articlelink nodes in the layout.xsl?? I have several xml pages(art1.xml, art2.xml, so on) that I know how link them up via articles.xml, <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <articles> <articlelink href="art1.xml"/> <articlelink href="art2.xml"/> ...... </articles> But the layout.xsl page is this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="html&quo...

Word Application Error
I get error message "The instruction at "0x30a9248e" referenced memory at "0x00000471". The memory could not be "read"." I am trying to edit a document which contains screen prints and link. It's about 14 meg, but only 22 pages. Am I exceeding a size limit? I need to reboot system each time I get the message. Any help???? ...

MSCRMWorkflowService Error code 80048306
FAILED to start process 'A06FEC80-6C61-4DFF-8D26-BB629DC898BD' for object: (4406,{1BC85C28-B694-DA11-BFF6-0014C2613BB7}). Caller is 'SYSTEM'. Error code 80048306. Any ideas? -- Frederic Pieters CRM Consultant - www.traviata.be The description for this error code is "Not enough privilege to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation.". So it looks like the user that tries to start the workflow doesn't have the privilege to start a bulkoperation. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Frederic"...