The underlying connection was closed: The remote name

Hi,

I'm new to MS-CRM  and am trying to get some given
examples working.

I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy.
I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the
code

""""The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
could not be resolved.""""

Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great
help.

Regards,
Joan
0
joan
5/8/2004 1:05:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Joan,

did you simply copied and pasted the sample code into your ASP.NET Web
application?
string strServer = "myservername";

Check if you assigned the strServer variable the name of the server that is
hosting Microsoft CRM.

Steffen

"joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to MS-CRM  and am trying to get some given
> examples working.
>
> I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy.
> I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the
> code
>
> """"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
> could not be resolved.""""
>
> Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great
> help.
>
> Regards,
> Joan

0
Steffen

Loosing Data after closing Page
I've used FrontPage successfully for years but a few weeks ago I started to design a new web page. I put in my background, picture and text boxes. When I was happy with the look I closed the page. The next day I opened it to make some changes and all my text was gone. The background and photo remained but everything else was gone. I've tried everything I could think of; Detect & Repair, opening an old web page and renaming it, but the same thing happens. I ended up using Publisher to make a mock up to submit for approval. I've got 4 days to have this site ...

How do I get the X axis (category) name to show?
I've created a 3d bar graph. Originally the Z and X axis title appeared, but the X axis also had three of the 10 categories. I have a legend to identify each of the 10 items, so all I want is the title of the categories. When I roll my cursor over the area it pops up "category axis title" but I can't right click or firmat the area. Any clues? Select the X-Axis, if you hover for a while tooltip "Category axis" may appear. Double click or rt-click the Axis to display its "Format Axis" dialog Scale tab: change 'no. of categories between tick mark...

Help: Need to produce list of unique names from multiple name occurances
Situation: Daily I produce a large SS from a database. In one column are name (persons, regions, or empty celss etc.) which may appear multilpl times throughout the entire column, such as; joe sue joe ... ... regionA joe sue Willy Nelson etc. Objective: I need a formula [or macro], which I assume will be placed at the en of the column, which will produce a new list of names, having only on (1) occurance of the name, such as; joe sue regionA Willy Neson Thanks for any help you can provid -- ja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jay's Profile: http:...

Connection Failed! 12-06-09
XP Pro SP 3 Copied a shortcut to my LAN network connection to the desktop so I can connect only when I want to use the net. Works a treat. But every so often when I try to enable the LAN, I get a Connection Failed! nastygram. Reboot and all is again well. Why is that??? chuck wrote: > XP Pro SP 3 > > Copied a shortcut to my LAN network connection to > the desktop so I can connect only when I want to use > the net. Works a treat. > > But every so often when I try to enable the LAN, I > get a Connection Failed! nastygram. Reboot and > all is a...

Define a name in VBA
Hi All, I need a VBA code to select a non-active sheet(TEST) and then detect non-blank area to define a name(GI) to it. Thanks in advance Bijan HI. Try : Sub test() Dim LCol As Integer, RCol As Integer, TRow As Long, BRow As Long Sheets("TEST").Select LCol = Cells.Find("*").Column RCol = Cells.Find("*", [IV1], , , xlByColumns, xlPrevious).Column TRow = Cells.Find("*").Row BRow = Cells.Find("*", [A65000], , , xlByRows, xlPrevious).Row ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add "GI", _ RefersTo:=ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(TRow, LCol), Cells(BRow, RC...

CRM 4.0: Company name not syncing with Outlook
In CRM 3.0, it was a known issue that a contact's company name in CRM would not sync with Outlook. However, now that we're using CRM 4.0, the same problem occurs. Thoughts? Account record in CRM is still not supported in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACD984DF-14A9-4DB9-80E0-B041F1C8D0CD@microsoft.com... > In CRM 3.0, it was a known issue that a contact's company name in CRM > would > not sync with Outlook. However, now that we're using CRM 4.0, the same > problem oc...

Custom View Names
I use very large spreadsheets with custom views. However, I can't find a way to reference the names of the views in formulas, etc. Is there a way that I'm overlooking or is it impossible to use the names except with the View -> Custom Views dialog box? I would prefer to do it in a worksheet formula but VBA would be ok. A Custom View is stored information about your worksheet settings, and you can't refer to it in a formula. You could name a range, and refer to that in the formula. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xl...

Identify closed/finalized records the month they were opened Acces
Hello I have a query, qryClosedRecords, where I need to report if the records finalized/closed the same month they opened. So if it opened #10/05/2009 06:05# and finalized/closed #10/25/2009 21:59# I need to mark it as being finalized/closed the month it was open. Field for Date Opened = qryClosedRecords.open_time Field for Date closed = qryClosedRecords.finalized_time And if it opened #08/03/2009 21:25# and finalized/closed #9/23/2009 12:45# I don't want to count it because it didn't finalize/close the month it was opened. I need to do this in a query becau...

Missing Data Connection Library Type Sharepoint 2010
Here is a strange one for the braintrust. I have a new install of SP2010. It is a farm setup so I have separate web and DB servers. All are running Win2k8 Standard 64bit. All seems to be working just fine, except I can't create a Data Connection Library. When I go to do so, that type is missing. Can't seem to figure out why. Am I missing something? As this seem to be SharePoint related query, can you please post it on SharePoint Related newsgroups/forums for quicker response and turn-around? Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

File->Close All Items
In Contacts, when I click on File->Close All Items, nothing happens. I have run Detect and Repair, which claimed to run successfully, but it has not solved the problem. ...

How to connect
I was wondering how I can get my e-mails from my work e-mail forwarded to outlook? If you really mean "Outlook" you are in the wrong newsgroup. The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program. You are more likely to find Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup: microsoft.public.outlook.general (via NNTP), or via the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d= g=3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook.general --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

using named cells across worksheets
I've named various cells after producing a multi-worksheet model. The named cells can be applied in the worksheet they are in but I can't see how to apply them across other worksheets. At the moment, the only option I can think of is manually updating every formula in all the connected worksheets! Any ideas. Nick You defined the names so that the names included the worksheet name, too? Sheet1!test sheet2!test .... Sheetx!test Then you can just use them by making sure you include the complete name: =sum(sheet1!test,sheet2!test,sheetn!test) Is that what you meant??? Nick Malon...

553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large
I am reconfiguring a network. We are using MS Exchange 2003 on a 2000 server. I have POP3 and SMTP services running but when remote users who connect via POP3 try to send any email to an outside email address they get: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large They can send mail to internal users i.e. other users in the global address list. It's a few different users so I ruled out the Apostrophes issue mentioned in: http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html The company has a WatchGuard firewall and won't trade up anytime soon so that may be the pro...

How to have a variable in a recordset field name
I have a table with the field name like F1, F2, F3 and so on. I create a vba recordset to the table and loop through each record in the table. I also have another loop inside to loop through each field names on that record. The following is the code, however it does not recognize the field name variable like rs!f(i). Private Sub UpdateStatus() On Error Resume Next Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSql As String Dim i As Integer Dim j As Integer Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("Scantron", dbOpenDynaset) If Not rs.BOF Then rs.MoveFirst...

How does a Mapi Outlook connection pass the credentials
Is there any kind of encryption when Outlook with a Mapi connection to the exchange server passes the creds to it? ...

naming a workbook from a cell (macro?)
A user wants to name a workbook the name that is entered in a particular cell. (A Purchase Order, for example). After they populate the cell, can a macro be executed to copy the cell, and paste into the save as dialog box? I've tried, but the paste doesn't work for me... We are using Excel 2003. Thanks Eric You can paste this code into the worksheet module concerned. Right-click the sheet tab and select 'view code' Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=...

this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS)
this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS) We've been using exchange 2003 for 1 month, the logs are not reporting any problem concerning the exchange server or Windows 2003, the network is in good health. I've got the message several times when users are trying to send an email. NSLOOKUP (from another server outside the office) provided me with some useful informations to investigate furthermore, type=mx query for all those domains shows up the same DNS provider (allstream formely ATT Canada) How can I tell our local servers to find this ISP? Do you suggest me...

CRM user to user email appaers to recipient as closed activity
email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we want it to be open. Noticed same behaviour, is this by design? "Steve" wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. Our MVP says it is a design function. We find it very annoying. "Steve 2 " wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. See my posts starting 9/27/2006 11:44 a.m. Boolean1 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

RPC/HTTP Connection Option Missing
I have a user whose outlook settings is missing the RPC/HTTP connection options and settings. I deleted the outlook profile and started fresh and am still seeing this. They are using OLK 2003. Is there a piece of outlook that is not installed? We are already on 2007 here in my office and this person is overseas so I can't just pop in and check. Thanks for any help! -Matthew ...

Error Message when closing IE7
When closing IE7 I get the following application error message: The instruction at "0x66869697" rreferenced memory at "0x00000074". The memory could not be read. click on OK to terminate the program. Any ideas how to correct this and prevent it from occurring? Peekay, IE6 has a hotfix for an error similar to this, though this is the first time I have heard of IE7 having this error. IE7 is only supported on CRM 3.0 not CRM 1.2. The CRM 1.2 users will need to continue using IE6. I will let you know the minute I hear something about this. Bschott "peekay" w...

Hyperlinks not staying connected
We just upgraded to Excel 2003 from office 97 and I have mulitple users who use hyperlinks in their documents to link to other networked documents. The user enters the path of the target file as a UNC path (\\server\volume\...) and it works before they send it. They than email it to the respective people and when the target user opens that document it changes the hyperlink path to c:\documents and settings\.... Any ideas? Amanda ...

user name
I can not get the first letter of my last name to be a capital letter. TWT wrote: > I can not get the first letter of my last name to be a capital letter. See replies to your equivalent but barely wordier post (but just as lacking in details) submitted by you all of 22 minutes later in this same newsgroup. ...

CRM does not work via Internet
CRM 1.2 is not currently working via Internet. It requires a VPN connection. Is there a way to make it work on regular internet or this limitation will be addressed in the next version? Are you referring to the web client or the SFO client? The web client can be accessed publicly provided you have the appropriate ports open through your firewall (default is 80). However, there are some major security considerations to doing this. Unless you are using SSL, your company data will be being transmitted through the internet unencrypted. Due to the nature of the SFO client and it's requir...

Close a Application from Access
Hallo Is it possible to close an application from access if yes how Regards Markus Hallo Markus. "Markus" wrote: > Hallo > > Is it possible to close an application from access if yes how Yes, it is possible, for example by activating the application using the AppActivate command and then executing SendKeys "%{F4}". If the application is an automation server (Word or Excel), there is an other opportunity using the GetObject function to get a reference to the application and then using the applications method to quit the application (mostly "quit"), ...