Territory functionality for BUsiness to Customer Model (contacts)

CRM should allow for Business to Customer (Contacts) model vs. Business to
Business (Accounts) to use same functionality of territories.  Currently
cannot add lookup list and use territory functionality of Accounts with
Contacts.  I have multiple customers that sell bus to bus and bus to customer
directly, and need this functionality for reporting and sales management.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2e3ba191-5e16-4d4a-8ac6-b8bfd38d809e&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Custom Outlook 2007 forms to sharepoint
Hello, Can someone please confirm and help with me trying to publish of send a custom outlook 2007 form that i have created to a sharepoint list of even a database? Can this be done and if so is it hard to achieve? Thank you so much in advance! ...

Access 2007 SP1
Dear all, the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release ************************************************************************************* Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it s...

EVALUATE Function
I have looked on the internet but can't seem to find much information on Excel's EVALUATE Function. I see it being used but don't seem to have it in my function list with Excel 2003. Can someone provide an explanation of the EVALUATE function i.e. what it does, a little history, etc. Thanks for your help. Hi Frank, Evaluate is not a function, hence u can't see it in the function list. It is a formula auditing tool, located in Tools > Formula Auditing > Evaluate Formula (EF) . Basicaly if you enter a formula in a cell and use the EF it will show you exactly h...

outlook 2000 contacts #4
Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts but don't know how It's under your profile c:\documents and settings\<profile name>\local settings\applications data\microsoft\outlook The file is Outlook.pst Good luck. "Ted" wrote: > Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my > hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts > but don't know how jdc <jdc@discussions.microso...

SMALL Function question
Hi All, First off, many thanks that assisted me in getting my golf score sheet running properly with the MATCH & INDEX stuff...it works great. I have a problem with the SMALL function...I have a list of 5 lowest scores returned from a range called 'calcutta'. In the adjacent cell I have the coresponding name returned ato match the score with the player. The problem is with ties. If two players hve the same score the SMALL function returns the first one it finds in each cell. I use it like this G1=SMALL(CALCUTTA,1) G2=SMALL(CALCUTTA,2) ETC.... "Monte Comeau" <...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Microsoft Word crop function
When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of an image? Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if no other method is practical through cro...

adding cross-functional flowchart changes page-layout
i would like to add to a "landscape" page a stencil>flowchart>cross-functional flowchart shapes vertical. when adding it the page converse automatically to a "portrait" page, while it should remain "landscape" the same happens if I add cross-functional flowchart shapes horizontal to a "portrait" page. it changes into a "landscape" page. can I avoid this? thx, kjetil I can't think of a way to avoid having the page orientation switch to portrait when you drop the functional band shape out and pick vertical. Visio automatically cha...

Customizing menu item names, form names etc.?
Hi all, Is there any way to customize the names of forms - for example if I want to call an "account" a "business partner" and modify it in the menu items and form/view names as well, can I do it? Thanks in advance, -- Anurag ...

Business Portal
How do you modify the data grid (add and move a column) on the Purchasing module -> Requisitions. After selecting a vendor, a grid is shown listing all items on requisitions for that vendor. I would like to move the Req. # column to the first position, and also add the "Title" field from the requisition to this grid. -- JoeS You cannot modify the windows in Requisition Management. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joe Smith" wrote: > How do you modify the data grid (add and move a column) on the Purchasing > module -> Requisitions. After selecting a vendor,...

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Keep Pivot Table custom chart type
I'm creating a pivot table custom chart type "Line - Column on 2 Axes". The chart looks great when I create it. The problem is when the user does anything to the chart (filters the data, adds a new flield of data, etc.), the chart changes to where both data series are displayed as bar charts and the second axis is gone. I can't find an event that fires when they modify the chart, so I don't know that I can programatically change it back. Is there a way to keep it from changing in the first place? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Loss of formatting is a known prob...

Assign a Contact to a different businessunit
Helo, is it possible to assign a contact to a different businessunit than my own? We have the problem that the customer has users that should have the right to enter contacts for different businessunits (without assigning it to another user). Thanks for your help, paul. Unfortunately, the answer is no. If you look in the tables for Contact (ContactBase) or even the Contact view or FilteredContact, you'll probablly notice a field called businessunitid...this is dynamically set when you reassign it to someone else. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you. "Paul&quo...

Syncing Outlook 2003 with Bus Contact Mgr on 2 computers
Just upgraded to Office 2003 and want to keep my Outlook on both desktop and laptop in sync. Used to be able to do it through my PDA which runs Pocket PC--sync desktop computer to PDA, then PDA to laptop for the road. But Business Contact Manager Accounts and links aren't reflected in the Pocket PC sync, although the contacts show up in Outlook contacts. How do I backup my desktop Outlook 2003 and then restore on my laptop so that the two computers have duplicate data. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Importing of customizations is not complete
Hello, I develop on a separate server, the customizations are exported and then imported and published on the production server. Even though I get no error messages not all customizations are loaded in the production CRM! As far as I can judge it concerns relatively "small" modifications such as the modification of the display name of an attribute. I can find the modified display name in the XML file but it doesn’t get loaded! Any ideas? Thanks, Jan ...

Business Alert Schedule
Hi all, I have set a business alert and successfully tested it however the schedule I set doesn't run. Any ideas? TIA, Sugih ...

install onenote from stuent suite onto a pc with small business su
Hi, I have a small business edition on one pc and a 3 user licence student suite used on another machine. Can I install onenote from the student suite 'into' the smal business suite? Does your sbe allow for installation on 2 devices? "ukcharlie" <ukcharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:859C719A-5F9C-4C08-8F1C-30BFC8E8C62A@microsoft.com... > Hi, I have a small business edition on one pc and a 3 user licence student > suite used on another machine. Can I install onenote from the student > suite > 'into' the smal busin...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Printing a range of invoices for 1 customer
Hello, I've been vexed by this a lot over the years, so thought it was time to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. When a customer's account goes overdue, or one day they decide they want to "settle", is there a way to (in one fell swoop) print all the open transactions for that customer? I don't mean just the summary you can get from Receivables Transacting Inqury--Customer. I mean I want to print each open SOP document complete with all the line details (without opening each one, printing, closing, and going to the next one and repeating). Any a...

Custom scrollbars
Is there way to implement custom drawn scrollbars for standard controls such as treeview and listview? References to code samples would be greatly appreciated. ...

Countifs function equivalent for Excel 2002 (XP)
I need the functionality of COUNTIFS but for Excel 2002. I don't want to sum but rather count. Below is the formula I would use if I had the COUNTIFS function. =COUNTIFS(A3:A7764,"PGA",J3:J7764,"x") Any suggestions? =sumproduct(--(a3:a7764="pga"),--(j3:j7764="x")) Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007+). =sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff changes trues and falses to 1's and 0's. Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail here: http://www.x...

Using custom fonts
Hi, I've been playing with this now for a while and it is starting to anoy me. I create my own font file (*.fnt win3.00 format), but no matter what i try, i cannot get the following font character codes to show... They always show as the "replace char with this char if not found in font set" character, no matter what control i try to use this font with! 0xHEX ( ASCII ) 0x80 (128) 0x82 -> 0x8C (130 -> 140) 0x8E (142) 0x91 -> 0x9C (145 -> 156) 0x9E -> 0x9F (158 ->159) All other font characters show up correctly without problems... Is there somthing i am mis...

Contact Forms
Hello Using OL2003 and I want to slightly change the "Contact" form to add another field. When I edit it, it has a different layout and the field for the contact's image is not there. How can I retain the default "contact" form and add the extra field. Am I missing something here. I have been trying to find info and do it for several hours!! Thanks Rob The new contact form layout in OL2003 and the included picture control = are not available to programmers, who will see the older layout when = they put an Outlook 2003 contact form into design mode. One work...

Contact not showing up in Global Address List
I have created some contacts for people out outside the company that everyone in the company should see. The contacts are not show up in the GAL. But they are showing up in the All Contacts list. The client is Outlook 2003. It is the client or the setup in AD .. Any help would be great Make sure that your GAL filter includes contacts. If it does, there will be the following filter (objectClass=contact) "Mat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29cef01c465d2$301708d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have created some contacts for people out outside the ...

SQL Recovery Models
Hello, I am currently running CRM 1.2 and GP 7.5. I am using the backup utility in SQL 2000 to backup the databases for CRM, GP, and Integration. What recovery models are people using for GP and CRM? Some of the databases and configured for Simple while others are setup for Full recovery model. I would like to have full backups run daily and then backup the transaction logs hourly. Are there any advantages to running Veritas Backup Exec (or 3rd party backup software)? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike I would use Full recovery where possible. You won't...