Territory Change

Our Sales VP has restructured all of the geographical territories that we had
set up in Microsoft CRM.  Our many thousands of Accounts are associated with
territories.

Obviously it is ludicrous to think that we would have to go one by one and
change the territory on each account to the new territories.

However, I have heard that there are strict rules for making changes
directly to the backend SQL database.  If we develop a SQL statement to
change the territories assigned to each account to the new territories, are
we going to be breaking anything?  We don't want to screw up any dependencies
or reporting.

Also, are Accounts the only object in CRM associated with Territories?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Why not create a manual workflow rule that checks your criteria then updates
the territory field to the new one?

In Workflow Manager on your CRM server, simply create a new Manual workflow
rule for the Account entity, like this:
  If
  Territory = East Coast
  Then
  Update Field Territory to Eastern Seaboard

Then, do an Advanced Find in the CRM web UI to find the accounts you want to
change. If there is more than one criteria (like the territory = East Coast
AND Postalcode Begins With 18), the Advanced Find tool will let you easily
filter just the right accounts. Then select all of the accounts in the view
and apply the manual rule you created (click on Actions > Apply Rule at the
top of the Advanced Find list view).

By the way, users are also (or can be) associated with Territories, not just
accounts.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Bobby" wrote:

> Our Sales VP has restructured all of the geographical territories that we had
> set up in Microsoft CRM.  Our many thousands of Accounts are associated with
> territories.
>
> Obviously it is ludicrous to think that we would have to go one by one and
> change the territory on each account to the new territories.
>
> However, I have heard that there are strict rules for making changes
> directly to the backend SQL database.  If we develop a SQL statement to
> change the territories assigned to each account to the new territories, are
> we going to be breaking anything?  We don't want to screw up any dependencies
> or reporting.
>
> Also, are Accounts the only object in CRM associated with Territories?

Can't find cells to change content?
I have been given an Excel document I'd like to use as template. However, there is one item of text that I cannot change. In fact I can't seem to find which cell it is entered in. It appears as an overlay over the cells and does not relate to them. I can click on any other item and see to which cell it relates. Inserted Images highlight, and can be moved and placed anywhere. This text is not an image either as it does not give the image handles. If I select the whole document and delete the contents the text goes away. Any suggestions? NS <calypson@bell_kill_this_south.net&...

Changing design midstream
Hello out there, as part of a 'designer like' program I have a class class SuperPanel : Panel { } with functions like addWidget, rmWidget, cloneWidget, serialize and deserialize, support for drag and drop, etc. All fine and well, but I missed out on one thing: I need the same for a GroupBox - conceptually something like class SuperGroupBox : GroupBox { } with exactly the same set of functions. Now I certainly don't want to duplicate all the code, but I haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution: - I don't see a common base class - I don't se...

Change a cells value with a function
Here is my function contained in O74. C70 has "Water Heater" in it and I73="2". Why doesn't N74 have FALSE in it? Also, is there a way to control a Forms checkbox with a function? =IF(C70="Water Heater",IF(I73<39,N74="FALSE",N74="TRUE"),IF(I73<99,N74="FALSE",N74="TRUE")) -- Cheers, Ryan A formula can't edit the value of another cell; it just returns a value to the cell containing the formula. Try this formula in N74: =IF(C70="Water Heater",I73>=39,I73>=99) I think the ...

Change in VAR and additional Modules
Hi, We are a VAR based in Dubai, UAE (Middle East). We added a customer who changed from one VAR to us since they hace shifted their accounting department to Dubai from the US. Their original licence for GP V9 Business Essential was purchased in the US. Now they have purchased the Advanced Licence from us here in Dubai, since they needed to install Project Accounting. The server which is hosting Great Plains is still in the US and will continue to remain there. I need to install Project Accounting and also update the registration keys with the latest ones that was provided here in Dubai. Wou...

Changing the inner border of bar labels?
Hello, I want to set the inner border of the bar labels to zero. How can I do that? Greets Xaver ...

List Control
Hi My MFC application has a dialog box containing a list control. The list control selection changes as expected by clicking with the mouse or using the arrow keys when the control is in focus. I want to detect when the selection changes. For changes triggered by the mouse this is easy - I can use the OnClick event. However, I can't find a way to detect changes triggered by the arrow keys. The list box control has a LBN_SELCHANGE message for this situation, but the list control does not support this message. I cannot change to a list box because I need the control to support check...

Outlook 2003 e-mail Signature changes fonts in replies
When I reply someone's e-mail the fonts of my signature change from 12 to 10 and we don't seem to find a reason why it is doing that. Any solution to this strange behavior? -- Many thanks, and have a good day Ursula A. Ursula A. <UrsulaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I reply someone's e-mail the fonts of my signature change from > 12 to 10 and we don't seem to find a reason why it is doing that. > Any solution to this strange behavior? Since Outlook will use for its replies the same format as that used by the incoming messages, perhaps the mesage...

stock change #2
I have downloaded 1025 days of stock in excel. Here is the question. In a column next to the original data,calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. This may be negative or positive. From 1023 closing prices you will get 1024 changes in stock price. Subtraction seems too obvious an answer. Is there something you're not explaining? "Knowledge001" <Knowledge001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B2BE1AE-63C9-4C94-86DC-C8C19510533E@microsoft.com... >I have downloaded 1025 days of stock in excel. Here is the question. In a > colu...

Allow users to change completed Service Activities
It would really be nice to allow a user to update completed service activities as they sometimes forget to add data or provide incorrect data. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-...

Vista 64 desktop changes resolution by itself
My Vista 64 desktop lowers the resolution of my monitor by itself and scrambles the icons, is there a fix for this? You'll have to give us a bit more detail, Dave. What monitor, what video card, and in what situation does it change the resolution would all be useful information. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Dave Bauer" <bauerdpeg@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4020C696-51E2-4762-9F9D-5429A0BE438E@microsoft.com... > My Vista 64 desktop lowers the resolution of my monitor by itself and > scrambles the icons, is there a f...

Word doc changed to Excel when email
I am using Office 2003. Recently I received an email with a Word 2007 attachment (docx). I noticed that the icon for the attachment shows Excel icon. When I double-click on the attachment, it launches Excel and I can only see garbage as the document is a word document. I asked the sender to send to another friend with Office 2003 but I can see the icon is in Word. Has anyone ever had this before? Please help. Is there any setting on the PC that I need to check? BTW, if the document is in Word 2003, no problem. Your computer thinks it's supposed to use Excel to view a .docx....

New Territory Strategy
Our Sales executive had a bright idea last week to revamp all of the territories in the Sales Department without talking to anybody about it outside of Sales. We are a volume based business so for under 20,000 volume, we have reps for three areas of the U.S. Over 20,000 we have reps for eight areas of the U.S. What is the best way to map that out in CRM? Thank you. Here some ideas: 1. Determine at the Account level when category it falls under, under 20k or above 20k. 2. You have a total of 11 areas (3 + 8) 3. Within an Account, need a flag that will indicate its volume and some o...

Change Folder List order
I'm running OL 2003 SP2 under XP Pro. In my Outlook Folder List I have 4 open folders: MAIN, Archive 1995-2000, Archive 2000-2005, and Other. That's the order in which they appear. I'd like to move "Other" up into the 2nd position, but can't figure out how to change the order. How do I do this? you'll have to rename it - outlook puts the non-default folder sets in alphabetical order. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Task...

Climate Change Effect on Mount Everest
Dear all, Dipen00977.flixya.com Is only the URL where you can find the Article, photograph and Video on climate change inducing disaster? Don=92t miss to watch. Latest Video and discussion topic: climate change effect in Mount Everest ...

Remote security changes
Is there any scripts or batch files that will change outlook email security settings, we have a lot of users and i need to confirm that all users have their secure content settings set at restricted. I was hoping that there would be a script or batch file that would check this and make the necessary changes as required. They are windows 2000 machines but we do not have active directory yet. ...

Command Buttons change macros
This is the second time this has happened. All the command buttons in my workbook about 200 of them changed the macro that they were assigned to originally. I have a workbook with about 40 sheets and each sheet has any where from 3 to 8 command buttons. Most of the sheets have the same command buttons. The first time it happened I took this workbook to a machine using 2003 the workbook is created in 2007. Every button changed. That was about 2 weeks ago. This time I downloaded it from the 2003 machine and when I got it again every button changed. It cannot have anything to do with the ...

Changing the default number of visible rows and columns in a worksheet
By default, a workbook contains more colums and rows than one would eve need, how do I ensure that only a specified number fo rows and column are visible to the user? For now, I try and select all the columns that I dont want and all th rows that I odnt wnat and then use *hide*. Problems are: 1)Is this the only way to make a worksheet look neat and tidy? 2)Is there a better way of doing this so that I dont have to selec right until the 65536'th row and the 255th column?If so what is it? Thanks so muc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The number of rows and columns in ...

Changing the name in the from field
I have set up a distribution list and would like to have just the name of my orgination to show in the From field when items are sent out and not my personal name and e-mail address. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Allen Thanks Tom, but I do not see what your asking me to look for. I'm using Outlook XP and when I look in the e-mail accounts (I think that's what your asking me to do) I find no 'General tab', no 'Properties' for my mail profile. So I'm still at a loss at what to do. I do want to than you for your help. "Tom - www.tditcorp.com" wr...

Sending mail when a value of a bit-field has changed
I have a bit-field with the values No and Yes. No is default. When a user changes the value to yes, I want to automatically receive an e-mail about this. I've tried using workflow on Order, but it doesn't seem to work, neither with "Manual" or "Status Change". Could someone please tell me, if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's not that simple at all. Thanks. You could write a callout for this. Callouts in MS CRM can be triggered after an update. So with each update, the callout could check if the field has changed to yes (comparing old value wit...

Keeping a date from changing
If have some code on my page that enters todays date in Colum D when a choice from the drop down menu in Colum F is made. I'm looking to change it a bit so that if I change the entry in Colum f and a date is already in colum D it will keep what is there instead of changing it to today's day The existing code is... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Range("F:F")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo errHandler: Application.EnableEvents = False If LCase(Target.Value) = "bet" Then...

bulk/mass change to display as
Is there a way to do a mass (bulk) change to the display as field for outlook contacts (Outlook 2007 on small biz server). The default is how I want it: jon doe (jdoe@abc.com) but not all my address are that way.... any thoughts? Thanks in advance. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/emaildisplayname.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook ...

Why does it change size in IE
Everytime I use Outlook, it has an annoying habit of changing the text size in IE. This is annoying, how can I get it to stop this? ...

Changing dates
How do you change a date to text and return a string such as mmddyy to replace 01/01/10? In other words remove the slashes but keep the same numbers. Use the text function, as in: =text(a1,"mmddyy") Regards, Fred "MICHALK" <MICHALK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D02A0056-6B71-411C-BDAD-8094312A47DC@microsoft.com... > How do you change a date to text and return a string such as mmddyy to > replace 01/01/10? In other words remove the slashes but keep the same > numbers. =text(a1,"mmddyy") if A1 contained th...

Exchange 2007 Auto-completes to Primary SMTP
Hi, This appears to be different in the way Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2003 auto-complete addresses for Outlook users, and it's causing a problem for my organization. We are a software company, so we have different support addresses for our products that are all just email addresses associated with our "Support" user mailbox. Our customer support app then pulls mail from this mailbox, checks to see who the email is addressed to and automatically assigns it to the correct product support team. This is causing a problem internally for our support reps that send ema...

Change Page on TAB Control
In Access 2003 I have a form with a TAB control on it with 10 pages.As a user leaves one page for another I would like to trigger a littledata validation on that page. This almost works using the On Changeevent to run a little function. BUT, if the validation fails I want tostop them going to the newly selected page and keep them on the pagewith the problem, but it seems I can't stop them going to the newlyselected page.Is there a way to either- prevent them leaving a page, or- returning to previous pageThanksDave My thoughts are,The BeforeUpdate event of the form allows you to cancel the ...