Task work-flow...

This seems really simple but the field doesn't seem to be available.

Once a task is complete I want to send an email to the tasks creator,
any ideas. The field is on screen, but not selectable in the workflow
manager?

0
trevski
2/11/2007 10:27:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Attachment Options Task Pane in Outlook 2003
Hello, When starting a new e-mail and attaching a document there appears an Attachment Options button that when clicked will show a Task Pane. Does anyone know of a way to permenently turn it on or off? On my machine I can't get it to show up automatically, but on other machines I can't get it to go away! Any help would be great. Thank you, Michelle You can't get rid of the button. When you click the button the Pane shows up. At the bottom you can set it to pop-up automatically or not. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also...

Publishing not working
When I try to publish my website all I get is the footer. I have recal. and all that. Why oh why ??? explain -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "mousey" <mousey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432D4BE7-164F-410C-B9BF-46C145249356@microsoft.com... > When I try to publish my website all I get is the footer. I have recal. > and > all that. Why oh why ??? "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote: > explain > > -- > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Rob Giordano > Microsoft ...

"Other people working..."
Hi all! Hope you can solve my mystery guests! If I put my pc on standby when I later go to turn it off it tells me other people are using the pc and they will lose data etc. I'm the only user. Whats going on? Thanks Rob Sorry, this newsgroup is for questions about queries in Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'll be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever operating system you're using. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Robert Norton" <rjn...

font not working
There are several fonts, that when I use in Publisher, sometimes they work, and other times MANY of the characters simply show up as a small box shape where the character should be. It's very strange, as several fonts do this, but not all. And the ones that DO, only do a portion of the time... Screenshot: http://www.mikewattsplayground.net/images/font_screenshot.jpg That block of text in the screenshot is SUPPOSED to say: 545 8th Ave STE 401 New York, NY 10018 646.201.9327 www.WattProductions.com Any thoughts? What's the font? "DjMikeWatt" <DjMikeWatt@discussions...

Custom entity mail merge including tasks
Hello all, I have a custom entity which I have modified so that i can mail merge from it which is great, unfortuantley one part of the mail merge is that I want to show the history eg tasks completed... Is there a way of accessing tasks within an enitity to display in a mail merge? Regards Ian HI, One possibility is that you can use our Third-Party Addon ( Documents Core Pack for MS CRM 4.0). With this Add-On it is possible to get all related data into your Word-Documents. There are many more features included, if you are interested look on our homepage or contact me directly. ...

Creating Tasks in Outlook 2007 with VBA
I want to create a Task in Outlook 2007 using VBA- Code in Access 2007. It works, but the reminder of the Task is 8 hours wrong. I life in Germany! My code in Access: object.reminderTime="18.05.2010 10:00" Outlook reminders me at 6 pm. Must I set a time-zone? I dont find a property for that. Thanks for an answer Outlook internally stores everything in UTC time and converts to local time based on a) your Windows time zone settings in the Control Panel and b) any Outlook time zones set in Tools, Options, Calendar Options. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://ww...

Recipient policies doesn't work
The Recipient policies doesn't work in my system (W2k3 with E2k3). When I create new users (or copy from old) they doesn't get the specified e-mailaddresses from the recipient policies. I can add mailboxes manually, but why do that when the policies should do the work (and have done until now)? I don't know why it has stopped doing so, I can't recall that I have changed anything... Question: Should the recipient policies stated in ESM under Recipients - Recipient policies be reflected under the tab 'Policies' under ESM - Administrative Groups - FAG - Servers - [...

error while trying to synchronize the task information
In outlook, when we receive a notification and we want to snooze it for a further moment, Outlook stop to respond for a few seconds (30) and at the end we receive a message: "an error occurred while trying to synchronize the task information to the Microsoft CRM system" Anyone has a idea? ...

Schema Manager
Hi Guys, I have added 2 fields in the Schema manager, both of type "Date & Time". After publishing the Customizations, i add these into the CRM, but cannot use them in the Workflow Manager? Does anyone know why? Rgds Jefferson Jefferson, Unfortunately, in CRM 1.2, NO dates (custom or otherwise) are available in the workflow manager. They are supposed to be in CRM 3.0. Sorry for the news, Dave ------------------------------------------------- David L. Carr, President Visionary Software Consulting, Inc. Main #: 971-327-6944 To download a fully functional trial version of V...

Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts
On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card, and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71). When I check each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the transactions in each account, I can't find anything that would be causing this. (The ending balances at the list of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My currency is also correctly set to USD. Does anyone know where this huge number might be coming from? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money...

Conditional Formatting
I am using the below to auto change color if it meets the condition... =IF(F26>=0,IF(OR((F26)<=2,(F26)>=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)<=2.5,(F26)<=-1.5),"AMBER","RED")), IF(AND((F26)>=2,(F26)<=-1),"GREEN", IF(AND((F26)>=2.5,(F26)>=-1.5),"AMBER","RED"))) Any help is appreciated. -- J~ In 2003, when you set up a conditional format, you can choose one color for the condition. If you want to do something like what you are showing, you're going to need to use a Worksheet_Change event and code something ...

report with VBA not working after upgrade
we did an upgrade from v7.5 to v8, and one of the report can't show vba modified fields. any idea how to fix it? Thanks If you are accessing SQL Data, you probably need new Retrieve Globals. Go to partner source, and download RetrieveGlobals_80.dll, and register this file using RegSvr.exe. The instructions are included in the zip file. Let us know if this doesn't fix your problem. Thx, VJ ...

Can I upgrade from Works 3.0b to Excel
I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or do I need to buy the full version? Tony MS stopped the upgrade from Works at version 7 Office 95...sorry -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "tonyburtt" <tonyburtt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E33F2FC-E637-4FE8-90AC-E083BD3C0E7A@microsoft.com... >I have Works 3.0b and Word 2000. Can I use an upgrade version of Excel or >do > I need to buy the full version? http://www.microsoft.com/office/excel/howto...

Excel compatible with Microsoft Works
Is Excel 2000 compatible with Microsoft Works Spreadsheet? Thanks! Hi Debbie, Excel (XL2000 and all other versions) cannot open a Works spreadsheet file nor can it save a file in that format. Works can open an XLS file; you need to select the XLS in the File Type box of the File Open dialog. BUT: Works has far less functionality that Excel so unless the XLS file is very simple a lot of 'stuff' will be lost. Works it can save a file in that format; use File SaveAs as specify XLS as the file type. Hope this is clear and of some help to you. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/blieng...

E-Mail just stopped working
E-mail worked fine a few hours ago. now I get a message- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.fewpb.net', Server: 'pop3.fewpb.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Tried a reboot but no help. Anybody got any ideas. Have never had a problem with this computer before. Thanks!!! It could be a glitch with the server if it just started. Or try resetting the modem. It could also be caused by e-mail...

linked pages not working properly in mspub2000 for windows
Hi, On a pc, I created a 31 page document possibly done in Pub.98 that functioned perfectly. Now, while trying to edit/revise that document on a new computer in Pub 2000, finding that when I add new/additional text, instead of the text linking to the next page, it links to a page at the end of the document. For example, I am typing on page 20 and instead of the text continuing onto page 21, it jumps to the end of the document (page 31) I have tried to create links between pg 21 & 22, but can't create a link- I get a message that there is 'text'. It will only link to a bla...

Min. Order and MPQ not working (or am I just not understanding?)
Hello everybody, I am just curious as to the use of the Min. Order and MPQ fields on the supplier tab. I know what they are supposed to do but they seem to not do much at this point.... When my company creates purchase orders, we use the "Create a new blank order for manual entry" option as we have not yet established Reorder Points or Restock Levels. We have found this option to best suit our needs. Anyway, when entering items, it entirely ignores the min. order and only uses the MPQ when doing a "Quick Scan". I was hoping that the quantity would default to the minimum ...

assigned tasks stay in 'my activities' view
I have a user (Heather) who has tasks created from a workflow. Heather's job changed and so she needed to assign these tasks to someone else. She successfully assigned them to another user, and 90% of the time these disappeared from her 'my activities' view. However, she still has about 10 tasks that will not disappear from her view. When I use advanced find, searching by her as owner, they do not show as they are now owned by the person she assigned them to. How do I make these disappear from her 'my activities' view? ~thanks, Paul I've been seeing this same pr...

Customize Outlook Today Button Does Not Work #2
Customize Outlook Today Button Does Not Work. No matter what I do (repair, reinstall), nothing seems to make this button work. And I've seen it work before on other installations. Running under XP with all the latest updates. Please help!! Dear Joseph, which Outlook version? Maybe this site will help for Outlook 2000: OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation ...

Connecting via VPN to Exchange Server at work
I want to connect to my work's exchange server so that I can get my email in Outlook on my home PC...the VPN connection works fine...I can even ping the exchange server by name or IP address...but when I try to add a new email account in Outlook on my home PC it says: "Outlook could not log on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I verified the server and mailbox name and they are correct. C...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...

XPath query doesn't work in .Net 2.0
I tries to migrate an existing application from 1.1 to 2.0 but it seems that one of my XPath expressions no more works on this version. I tried a SelectNodes().Count. The result is 1 in v1.1 and 0 in v2.0. Here is the XPath expression: //Entity[@Type = 'EPT:Priority' and (Attribute[@Name = 'Name'] = 'Undefined')] And the corresponding XML file fragment (the file contains the DTD): <!DOCTYPE USS[ <!ELEMENT USS (Entity*)> <!ELEMENT Entity (Reference*, Attribute*)> <!ELEMENT Reference EMPTY> <!ELEMENT Attribute (#PCDATA)> <!ATTLIST...

how do I take task off of startbar menu
Need to know how to take a task of the startbar menu. Something from the internet got on my taskbar and it keeps my computer transmitting hour glass on my screen. this is not an excel question. post in the windows newsgroup. run virus scan too. >-----Original Message----- >Need to know how to take a task of the startbar menu. Something from the >internet got on my taskbar and it keeps my computer transmitting hour glass >on my screen. >. > It might not be enough to remove it from the Start Menu--(unless it's under the windows start|Programs|startup menu??). ...

print preview does not match page i am working on
In this white space (not the subject line), let us about the problem in more detail If print preview is showing only part of the worksheet, then you need to reset the print area in the File | Print Area dialogs best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gillygalloo" <gillygalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9739F8B9-CBC6-4722-88FA-AEC01F6348FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Reply button doesn't work in Outlook 2003
I just re-installed Office 2003 on my Windows Server 2003 SP1. Outlook kept refusing to open, wanting to send an error report to Microsoft and then ask to open in safe mode only to refuse to open in Safe Mode as well. So I installed SP1 which didn't help. Then I installed SP2 which fixed that problem. But I cannot reply to any messages. After I open an email I click the Reply but nothing happens. Can anyone help? -- Spin Sounds like office was installed before terminal services. Try uninstalling and reinstalling office. Jeff Pitsch http://www.sbcgatekeeper.com Your Termi...