Taking all BU data offline

Hi

I am trying to find a way that a user can take all account - contact data
offline in the outlook client relative to the Business Unit that they belong
to. I have looked through all the options in the Local Data filters but am so
far unable to find a way to do this as the Business unit field is not
available in the options.

Has anyone managed to do this ?

Cheers

Brian
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Here you go:

Under the new Data Group:  Account >> Select "Related Owner" >> Business Unit

Do the same for contact and other objects you want to bring down

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"BI" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to find a way that a user can take all account - contact data
> offline in the outlook client relative to the Business Unit that they belong
> to. I have looked through all the options in the Local Data filters but am so
> far unable to find a way to do this as the Business unit field is not
> available in the options.
>
> Has anyone managed to do this ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Brian

Excel 2007
I can't select a label and move it with a radar chart and excel 2007. Whenever I click a category label, all the labels are selected as well as the chart, so it's not possible to move one individually. ...

question about data...
I am trying to use data on one worksheet as part of another. However, when I copy & paste the data, it copies the formulas instead of the numbers. Using references to the other worksheet doesn't work because on the other worksheet I need to sort the data differently. Is there any way to change the results of a formula to just plain "numbers" in excel? -- caligula11 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ caligula11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

How to Prevent Duplicate Data from inputing using input application?
Hello microsoft.public.excel.charting my name is Zig I am trying hard to find out how I can use a input application to input data into a specified excel sheet. I have learned how to input the data into the excel sheet although I need to prevent the inputs from being duplicated. I have used a validating solver to prevent duplicate entries but it only works if you type the text into the sheet. I am unable to get the input application to follow the validation rule. Is there a way that I can use a input application to prevent duplicate entries into the excel sheets and if duplicate data is true ca...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

Backup data
Good Morning! User wants to backup the data each time they open the application and keep 3 lastest data. I'm naming the file, plus the timestamp (date, hour, minutes, seconds). The syntax is below but Timestamp (hour,minutes,seconds) displays all zero. Since file name is not unique it overwrites into old file. Any suggestions will be appreciated. File name created "FileName070313000000.mdb" strBkp = strDir & "FileName" & Format(Date, "yymmddHhNnSs") & ".mdb" skk wrote: >Good Morning! > >User wants to backup the data ...

Can't edit data in query
Hi everyone. Using A02 on XP. This may be a dumb question but I have a UNION ALL SELECT SQL query showing me all records from 3 tables [tDistributions], [tDistributionsArchive] and [tDistributionsArchiveOld]. Why can I not edit any fields? I receive an Excel file with uncashed check numbers, date mailed and payable to. I have to search through all distribution records to identify which distribution record's check did not cash yet so we can pursue payment. Because the tables are old and inherited, my unique identifier is only unique in 2 of the tables so there is a bit of sea...

I thought this would do it: I put this in the before insert of the subform: Me!txtJobID = [Forms]![frmInvoice]![txtJobID] frmInvoice is the main form. What can I do differently to make this work? Thanks. SAC wrote: >I thought this would do it: > >I put this in the before insert of the subform: > >Me!txtJobID = [Forms]![frmInvoice]![txtJobID] > >frmInvoice is the main form. > >What can I do differently to make this work? You could use that code in the BeforeUpdate event, but this whole exercise would be automatic if you set the subform control's Link M...

is there a way to enter data interactively and dynamically?
Hi all, Can I enter data interactively and dynamically? To give an example: Approach 1: Currently, when I enter grades for students, I have to find his/her name first, after finding that row, I have to scroll the row to the far right, since there are so many columns already there. Let's suppose that I scroll to column 32, and it is often times hard to remain on the same row(then I ended up entering a wrong score for this student ...) ; suppose I scrolled successfully with my eyes staring at that row, and then I enter score. And so on and so forth for the next student, etc. The wh...

extending source data in several charts
I have a big Excel doc with numerous charts, each with numerous lines. About once per month, I need to extend the charts for about a month. This is a very painful process for each graph (multiplied by numerous graphs!). Does anyone have any simple method to do a mass change, standard or VBA? This would be extremely helpful. I also noticed some posts using OFFSET, but this would be too confusing for my father (for whom I am doing this) and too cumbersome. Something like a standard function or a VBA macro that I can program would make his life so much easier. Thanks much! if you don...

Import ing Data
I have about 5 or 6 stocks I watch and an older Stock Program [Supercharts 4.0 Built 10]. I would like to import the data for these companies from Yahoo, but after the download into Excel the data is ascending rather than descending order. Would anyone know how I could enter these figures into this program? Thanks, Carl Hi Carl - Is the only problem that the data is sorted wrong? You can very easily sort it in Excel, then dump it into Supercharts. Or is there an issue getting any data into Supercharts? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http:...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

Macro to Refresh External data
Good afternoon, I try to record a macro to refresh external data but the macro recorder does not give me anything once I refresh the query and stop the recording. Does anyone knows why? Or better if you know the VBA to make this happen -even when the data sheet is hidden- let me know. Thanks in advance and greetings from south Fla. Apprentice, This is the code the recorder generated when I tried a refresh on a text file import. Range("A1").Select Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False You'd probably change it to something like: Range("A1&quo...

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

The data has been changed message
Hi, I'm getting a following message, always on the same page of tab control: The data has been changed. Another user edited this record and saved the changes before you attempted to save your changes. Re-edit the record. I know that there isn't any other user working on database. What could be a problem? Thanx alekmil You are the other user. You have 2 different forms editing the same record. Access has no way of knowing that. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "alekm" <alekm...

Need help in data copying. #3
Thanks Mr. Dave. It was really helpful Regards Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 ...

converting works data files to excel with original formats
How can I convert data files from Works 8 to Office & Student 2007 ...

Copying portions of data
Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find command (the data changes every day) and copy just that portion onto a new worksheet? Thanks Wendy Hi Wendy, If a verbal rule (or rules) can be devised to locate the area, then it is very likely that someone could aaist you with code to automate this. --- Regards, Norman "Wendy Clarkson" <wenan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cs835v$6ag$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find > command (the data changes every day) and copy ju...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

CRM 4 Client and offline sync error
I recently upgraded our CRM to version 4. I have the offline client installed on my machine. When I try to go offline, I get an error during Propagating Customizations. It says: An entity with the specified name already exists. Please specify a unique name. I've tried disabling all of my local data groups in an effort to try and narrow down the issue, but even with them all decactivated I still get the error message. I also tried unchecking all of the sync boxes under on the options screen, doesn't seem to effect it. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Hi I had the same e...

combining data from several worksheets in a pivot table
I have a workbook with data for sales there is a separate sheet for each month. Every time an agent makes a sale he records it using the date he processed the sale. the sheet then calculates the week number i want to produce a pivot table showing sales by agent for each week however as weeks cross between 2 months i need to be able to include all 12 sheets in the source data for pivot table can this be done. any ideas please Yes - by using "Multiple consolidation ranges" when setting up the table. In my experience this brings more problems than it is worth - because we do not g...

missing payee data (Money 2003)
I have automatic payments being made to one payee and although the payments ae being made as they should they do not appear on my payee info. If I go to the transaction and then go to the payee these items show under the payee's name but when I access from the payee list itself they are msssing?? what is happening? Matt: I'm having a similar problem in that I inadvertently deleted some payees from the payee list. Auto-complete brings them up when I'm going to make an electronic payment, but they's no longer in the payee list. I've submitted the problem Microsof...

Offline synchronization started automatically only on one share
In one domain enviroment, on the same Windows 2003 server I created two share folders and all turned on Offline Files. I didn't do folder redirection to those two shares. On windows XP client, I didn't do any change in Synchronization Manager. I found that offline synchronization happened on one share when user logged out. I want to keep the Offline Synchronization enabled on both of two shares, but turn off auto synchronization on clients, give the administrator right to turn on synch to a few users. I know there is an option "Enable Offline File" in Of...

Microsoft CRM does not work with Vista and Office 2007 Offline
We are using a trial version on Microsoft CRM. Our operating system is Vista-32 and we are using Office 2007. Our laptops get synchronization error messages whenever we try to use the laptops offline. Our Microsoft reseller has opened a case with Microsoft but we need this to function offline now. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Export data from a CRM installation to another
Hi all, I've done some customizations in our CRM. Added some entities, etc... I didn't have any problems to transfer the customizations to another CRM, but all the data in the customizations get lost. Is there a way to transfer the customizations including the data? Thanks for your answer! Regards, Simon Sorry, forget to mention a thing. If I'm using the online mode, I can see all data and all customizations. If I go offline, CRM is showing, that xxx emelents have been synchronized. After synchronizing the customizations are still there, but all the data is away. Regards...

Help Linking Data
I have a spreadsheet with Items , Descriptions , and prices in it. want to have another sheet that when I enter the item number it wil fill in the rest for me. This will let me create a customer's orde fast and give a total very fast also. Can this be done? If not are there any ideas I plan on using this on pocket PC -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi With Item table (Item, Description, Price) on sheet Items, on Orders sheet: Items!A1:C1 contains headers, let's the Items table be p.e. in range Items!A1:C100 Orders!A1:C1 contains headers, Orders!A:A contains item...