Table Cell - lock

I have created a form using a table.  I want to lock or
block cells that should not be changed.

How do you do this?
0
Lorrie
9/2/2003 7:26:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Directing the output of one cell into another cell
I have an IF statement that works exactly the way I want and results in a TRUE/FALSE. The problem is, I want that true/false result to be directed to another cell without having to make that cell have a formula in it like =A13 (if A13 is where I have the IF formula). Essentially, I want the target cell to be able to accept data from a couple of sources, all being true/false tests, and not have a formula in it. Does that make sense? Something like: IF B21=TRUE then A13=TRUE, which is easy in VBA, but seems I can't get Excel to do the same. Thanks Conf. "Confused" <no...

Retrieve last non zero value in a range of cells
Hi How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for Example: A1=95 B1=93 C1=98 D1=0 E1=0 From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the Range declared. Some weeks it is possible for all the values to be >0 so therefore I would need the Value in E1 other weeks it may be B1 Would it be possible to return the value I require into Cell G1 in the example above? Thanks Peter Entered in G1 =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:E1<>0),A1:E1) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Pete <fell-walker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >...

Mouse continues to select after clicking on a cell in excel.
I have read numerous posts detailing this issue and all the replies have been unhelpful. So hopefully, I can get some actual help for this issue. This issue seems to happen randomly, and effects one out of 10 similar machines with the same setup. All the machines are running windows 2000 (fully patched to the latest service/security level), running Office XP, also fully patched to the latest service/securit level. The problem is, a cell gets selected and the mouse continues to select cells even thou the mouse button is not pressed, basically disabling excel. The only way to stop thi...

Stopping free text entry in validation cell
Hi, I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists in some cells. I need to stop users from ignoring the options in the list and just typing whatever the want in the cell. Anyone help? I am sure it is easy, but can't see how to do it. Thnx, Smf If you are using a list then that should be enough unless they copy and paste into the validation cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "smf" <smf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448D4166-A2C9-4C25-852F-7B045DF19F98@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have an xls that I have set up with validation lists...

Pivot Table Query #2
Pivot Table Query Being fairly new to pivot tables, I'm sure there must be answer to a situation we have that would ease the viewing and analysis of our sales data. Basically we have four divisions each selling a range of up to 60 products and we try to keep the sales stats on a monthly basis. Currently we have a worksheet for each division with the Column A being the Product type and columns B, C etc onwards being the month of sale, Each row represents the product being sold. We are careful that, say row 16 on each sheet is product ABC to maintain consistency throughout the w...

query to change the layout of a table
I have a table has the following layout and about total of 3600 records: ID# group dwgs spec 1 Arc A-A-0001 01400 1 Mec A-B-0003 01401 1 Fpn A-A-0002 05012 1 Elc A-C-0002 07801 2 Arc A-A-0003 01404 2 Civ A-C-0008 01441 3 Plu A-F-0005 09000 3 Ins A-I-0001 06000 I have to get that Table layout change into the following form, how to use query/queries to handle it? ID# group d...

Pivot Tables #13
I am having problems in Excel 2000 for Windows XP Pro. I am using a Pivot table and trying to check and uncheck boxes in the Drilldown feature, I am unable to do so. Logging in as a different user on the same PC I am able to check and uncheck the boxes. Also logging in to a different PC with the user that was unable to before, they are then able to check and uncheck. Is there any way to reset the options settings in Excel to default or does anyone have an answer to the problem above? Thanks, Brian ...

Remote control of tabls
I have a database tables on the back end and multiple versions of front end users. Is there a way to access the table from a remote location though the internet or upload the tables to the internet and have the front end access the information in a way that the updated tables will be available to all? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-tablesdbdesign/201002/1 There are a number of possible technologies to enable remote connections VPN CITRIX .... but this is the type of question that should be asked to your...

save record to a different table
I have a form that is derived from an action query (qyfeadata). This query is created using two separate table (tblWheelData, tblFProj). The form works great for updating records and adding new Records, but I need to add a "New Iteration" capability. When adding a new record, the form populates both the tblWheelData and tblFProj tables (via the action query). For the "New Iteration", I need to use the forms format (visual) and just create the new record in the tblFProj table (and the query of course). In the tblFProj table, I use the WheelNameID (from the tblW...

Pivot Table for Inventory Database
I have an inventory database that has separate fields for receipts and dispersements. How can I make a pivot table to show the part numbers, the receipts and dispersements and a running balance? tia Have a look at the PivotTable info on Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Scroll down to "P" section. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:54:19 -0500, "ridgerunner" <&il_utrll@msn.com> wrote: >I have an inventory database that has separate fields for receipts and >dispersements. How can I make a pivot tabl...

what is the format for an input cell?
I have Office - Student and Teacher Edition 2003 I am having trouble making a table ... I try to make a Data Table and try to define $E$3:$G$16 as the range in the row input cell area so I can make this a one-input data table and then I enter C$9$ for the column cell input area a pop up pops up saying that the input (row) cell reference is invalid I hope this not a bug that can only be fixed if you have the full version of the software any clues? it should be $C$9 Pumaman <Pumaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68327C9-5237-4353-8474-890677696F9...

Macro to clean empty cells
As I have had some great help from this group before, here is another request. Am looking to clean up some sheets in various workbooks in Excel 2007 Anybody able to help me out with a macro that will look for empty cells and then clear them out of all formats or hidden characters etc. that they may have but cant be seen. Will only need to run it on individual named sheets rather than on whole workbook many thanks ...

must press enter 2x to move cell focus
I now have to hit enter or tab twice after editing cell data to get cursor to move to next cell, but only on existing workbooks. New workbooks stil moves after first enter. Move after entry box is checked, tried unchecking, reopen excel, recheck, reopen excel, not fixing it. Excel 2003 on Win XP Pro, AV files current and running. Don't think I changed anything lately. Have compared settings, can't find any differences. Searched KB and newgroup posts but if answer is there I'm not searching on correct words... ...

How copy a cell with mixed text (regular, bold, italic) with a fo.
If I copy a cell with mixed text (regular, bold, italic) into a different cell it shows exactly same mixed text. However, if I copy it with a formula "=A1" then it shows regular text only. How do I change that? You can't do it with a formula - you would need a macro. Pete On Nov 25, 10:40=A0am, Burkhard <Burkh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a cell with mixed text (regular, bold, italic) into a different > cell it shows exactly same mixed text. > However, if I copy it with a formula "=3DA1" then it shows regular text o= ...

Tag some cells
Hello, I have no idea if this is possible. What I want to do is to be able to tag some cells in a column and do a SUM on those tagged cells only. How can I do this? For tagging I was thinking of changing the background color of the cells to yellow for example. That's what I prefer. Then I thought of using SUMIF but how can I check the background color of a cell in the criteria? Thanks There is an example of using SUMPRODUCT and UDFs to count coloured cells at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html The biggest problem is that changing a colour does not generate a w...

Pivot tables with external data source
Hi! I use a lot of pivottables with connetions to external data sources. Sometimes I need to modify the queries, and I do this by using the pivottable wizard, and press "get data" from step 2 in the wizard. I then get access to MS Query and can edit whatever I need to. But from time to time I only get the message "No data fields have been retrieved", and nothing happens. Usually I can get access by refreashing the table and try again, but this time I've even copied the table into another workbook without success. Does anyone have a solution for my problem? How d...

excel 2000 vs 2003: drop-down box locking issues
Hi, I've been using drop down list boxes in an excel 2003 worksheet. In 2003, I am able to lock the cell with the drop down box and protect the worksheet, which then prevents anyone from selecting a new value from the drop down boxes and changing the contents of that cell. However, when I try the same procedure in excel 2000, the drop down box never locks (though it's property says it's locked), and can still allow new selections from the box. Does anyone know of a workaround for this, or is this just a flaw in 2000? Thanks! In Excel 2000 and earlier versions, you can...

Update Query not updating selected table
I have created an update query to update a master file. When I run the select query to view the records I need to update - I see the correct data. When I change query to update query and enter the table to update and run update query. The query is updating the source table (Change Form) instead of table indicated (AMT Per MAS) to update to....Strange.. I am using Access 2003 Below is the SQL. UPDATE [AMT Per MAS] INNER JOIN [Change Form] ON [AMT Per MAS].ID = [Change Form].ID SET [Change Form].[FROM AMT Assignment] = [AMT Per MAS]![FROM AMT], [Change Form 2].[TO AMT] = ...

How can a single cell be incremented? i.e. N=N+1
I am able to move a value of 1 to a cell with in a macro. I want to be able to add a value of 1 to a cell with in a macro. Each time the cell is referenced, I wish to increment the cell by 1. I have not been able to increment the cell without getting a circular reference in my attempts to incremetn the cell. The process I use is sorting a table and wanting to increment the top cell so that the least used entries will be sorted to the top each time the macro is called. what does your macro look like? "Remel" wrote: > I am able to move a value of 1 to a cell with in a m...

Excel 2002: Can I not overwriting non blank destination cells ?
Hi, I understand that Copy > Paste Special > Skip Blanks allows copied blanks cells not to overwrite non blank cells in the destination column. How about the other way round ? i.e. to paste only the copied cells (blank or non blank cel)l if the destination cells is blank only i.e not to overwrites any destination cels if it is not a balnk cells. Thanks Low ...

Pivot Tables AND not OR
I have a pivot table, each company may be selected for up to 5 categories, lets say apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi and grape. I have selected all companeis who have ticked apples and grape, but the pivot table show all which have apples or grape or both. I only want to see those which have both. Any ideas? Hi, Let's assume the Companies are in column C2:C100 (the data source, not the pivot table) and the productes in D2:D100 You can create a new column in the source which might look like this in cell E2. Then copy it down. Add this field to the pivot table and then filter on...

Making a query to get data from a parent-child table
Hello, Im quite new to VBA coding with MS Access and may do things that most of you wouldnt so I would appreciate any further insight into question if your willing to provide it. Im creating a system for my cousin so he can basically create invoices for his company. His company has 2 different mailing addresses so I have used a table (tblCompany) to store this information. The main data is stored on a parent (Client) and child (Product) table. When I open the parent table, I can view all the products that were shipped to the particular client. This works great. ...

Copying formatting from a cell whose location I have calculated.
Excel 2003 in XP: I want to copy the formatting of one of 12 cells whose location I have calculated. I could use the usual Conditional Formatting, but that only gives 3 options. I need 12. to wit: I want to copy the formatting of a cell in a row above the cell to be formatted. In a cell to the left I have calculated how many columns of offset to the desired format to be copied. The cell format I want to use is in a row above my cell, and offset by 0 to 11 cells. Any ideas? - Thanks! -- sdm From your description it appears you are only copying the format of a few cells, have you ...

Visual Basic ADODB Open Connection Make Table Query
I have the following code: - the code runs well, I get a message saying connection is open, but when I try to run the make table query I still get the login prompt - how do I avoid the login prompt? Many thanks! Dim qryArch112 As String qryArch112 = "" qryArch112 = "select DBOBJECTS_UDWEBFORMS_ARCHFRM_112_VIEW.PROPOSAL INTO tblArch112 FROM DBOBJECTS_UDWEBFORMS_ARCHFRM_112_VIEW;" '---open UD01 Dim oConn3 As ADODB.Connection Set oConn3 = New ADODB.Connection Dim sr As String sr = "pr01" If (udun <> "" And udpwd <>...

Combine 2 cells into 1
I have 2 sheets in Excel 2000. One sheet has a column for first name and a column for last name. The other sheet has a column in the format "last name, first name". I need to move all of the names from the sheet that has them in separate columns to the sheet with the "last name, first name" format. What is the easiest way to do this? There are hundreds of names so I'd rather not have to manually put them in. I figure Excel has to have some sort of function for this. Thanks, Brian Mosher ...