System Settings Error.Window does not open.

Hello,
fresh install of CRM 3.0.The user logged in has all privileges
assigned.Everytime I select system settings I receive "error"contact system
administrator.All other options are fine.
Any ideas what may be causing this?
Thanks in Advance.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You may want to try whether your reporting area work well. If not, you may
have configuration issues. Please check on KB
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588 to see if you
have configuration issues.

"Tex" wrote:

> Hello,
> fresh install of CRM 3.0.The user logged in has all privileges
> assigned.Everytime I select system settings I receive "error"contact system
> administrator.All other options are fine.
> Any ideas what may be causing this?
> Thanks in Advance.
The reporting issue only affects the system settings when you try to save
them. As some system settings are report related such as report categories
you will not be able to save the settings until you have reporting working.

Have you tried logging on as the original crm installer. Also go into the
user record and make sure restricted mode is turned off

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Tex" <Tex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> fresh install of CRM 3.0.The user logged in has all privileges
> assigned.Everytime I select system settings I receive "error"contact
> system
> administrator.All other options are fine.
> Any ideas what may be causing this?
> Thanks in Advance.

0
John
2/16/2006 5:42:45 AM
I am having the same problem. CRM SBE 3.0 and SQL 2000 SP4. The application
appears to run fine except I cannot access the system settings from either
the server or a client. I also get the same error when trying to run reports.

Initially my reportserver was set to an external URL that was incorrect.
I've tried it using the servers name (same name as used to access CRM from a
client) and also the servers IP. No joy.

I've also tried to edit web.config to set DevErrors to true but I get the
same error when attempting to open that file.

Has anyone resolved this problem yet? I don't know where to turn from here.

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> The reporting issue only affects the system settings when you try to save
> them. As some system settings are report related such as report categories
> you will not be able to save the settings until you have reporting working.
>
> Have you tried logging on as the original crm installer. Also go into the
> user record and make sure restricted mode is turned off
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "Tex" <Tex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > fresh install of CRM 3.0.The user logged in has all privileges
> > assigned.Everytime I select system settings I receive "error"contact
> > system
> > administrator.All other options are fine.
> > Any ideas what may be causing this?
> > Thanks in Advance.

Synchronizing System State is stuck...
Appreciate ideas on how I can cancel a synchronization task of the System State for a server on DPM 2007 please. Running on a Win2003 Srvr R2 SP2, 1GB ram, 50+GB of free space on DPM servere hard drive. The server it is backing up is accessible locally or remotely, don't see any events giving me ideas for tackling this. Get following error if click on Stop protection of member: "Cannot perform remove member because the replica is not idel. (ID: 141) Wait for the ongoing job to complete or cancel the job in the Monitoring task area." Not able to cancel task i...

Window Redirection?

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

open two different Access reports

.pdf save as settings

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Error in Outlook Today

Web query timeout setting.

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

opening a .docx with word 2004

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Setting up a new e-mail account