synchronization error of data migration manager

Dear all,

I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed initial 
configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start up as below 
for a moment:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg
But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button only 
withoutt any error message (do nothing).
Any body know what it might be wrong?
Any help will be very appreciated.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg

PS. I'm using crm 4.0
I'm system administrator.

Thanks

regards,
Dolfi


0
11/3/2008 1:55:10 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1109 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Any body know about this issue please..

It's very urgent here :(


"Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> wrote in message 
news:eNTy1cVPJHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Dear all,
>
> I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed initial 
> configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start up as below 
> for a moment:
> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg
> But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button 
> only withoutt any error message (do nothing).
> Any body know what it might be wrong?
> Any help will be very appreciated.
> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg
>
> PS. I'm using crm 4.0
> I'm system administrator.
>
> Thanks
>
> regards,
> Dolfi
>
> 


0
11/4/2008 5:49:48 AM
Hi Dolfi,

enable the tracing in the Data Migration Manager and look for errors in the 
log. I had the same error last week and the problem was that I renamed a 
system entity and had two names with the same entity.

Benjamin


"Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:eJZ5pEkPJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Any body know about this issue please..
>
> It's very urgent here :(
>
>
> "Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> wrote in message 
> news:eNTy1cVPJHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed initial 
>> configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start up as below 
>> for a moment:
>> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg
>> But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button 
>> only withoutt any error message (do nothing).
>> Any body know what it might be wrong?
>> Any help will be very appreciated.
>> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg
>>
>> PS. I'm using crm 4.0
>> I'm system administrator.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> regards,
>> Dolfi
>>
>>
>
> 


0
11/4/2008 7:33:57 AM
Benjamin,

Would you please telling me how to enable the tracing in the Data Migration 
Manager since i'm new in crm. Thank  Before

Regards
Dolfi


"Benjamin Rose" <Benjamin.Rose@enovation.de> wrote in message 
news:%23sbb79kPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Dolfi,
>
> enable the tracing in the Data Migration Manager and look for errors in 
> the log. I had the same error last week and the problem was that I renamed 
> a system entity and had two names with the same entity.
>
> Benjamin
>
>
> "Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:eJZ5pEkPJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Any body know about this issue please..
>>
>> It's very urgent here :(
>>
>>
>> "Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eNTy1cVPJHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed 
>>> initial configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start up 
>>> as below for a moment:
>>> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg
>>> But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button 
>>> only withoutt any error message (do nothing).
>>> Any body know what it might be wrong?
>>> Any help will be very appreciated.
>>> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg
>>>
>>> PS. I'm using crm 4.0
>>> I'm system administrator.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Dolfi
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
11/4/2008 7:49:53 AM
Hi Dolfi,

go to the registry of your client, there must be a node "Data Migration 
Wizard" and one entry for Trace Enabled. Set the value from 0 to 1.

Benjamin
"Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:OeEguHlPJHA.4680@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Benjamin,
>
> Would you please telling me how to enable the tracing in the Data 
> Migration Manager since i'm new in crm. Thank  Before
>
> Regards
> Dolfi
>
>
> "Benjamin Rose" <Benjamin.Rose@enovation.de> wrote in message 
> news:%23sbb79kPJHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Dolfi,
>>
>> enable the tracing in the Data Migration Manager and look for errors in 
>> the log. I had the same error last week and the problem was that I 
>> renamed a system entity and had two names with the same entity.
>>
>> Benjamin
>>
>>
>> "Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
>> news:eJZ5pEkPJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> Any body know about this issue please..
>>>
>>> It's very urgent here :(
>>>
>>>
>>> "Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:eNTy1cVPJHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Dear all,
>>>>
>>>> I've just install Microsoft data migration manager. I have passed 
>>>> initial configuration manager successfully. Then my screen do a start 
>>>> up as below for a moment:
>>>> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror.jpg
>>>> But suddenly it goes back to login screen with login and cancel button 
>>>> only withoutt any error message (do nothing).
>>>> Any body know what it might be wrong?
>>>> Any help will be very appreciated.
>>>> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/datamigrationerror2.jpg
>>>>
>>>> PS. I'm using crm 4.0
>>>> I'm system administrator.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> regards,
>>>> Dolfi
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
11/4/2008 8:07:37 AM
Hi Benjamin,

I've enable the trace, re-run the data migration wizard, then watch the 
event viewer. The problem still persist but  there is no any error message 
in the  event viewer.

I've alse checked i didn't rename any system entity.
But I still don't get what you are trying to say:
"and had two names with the same entity". What does it means?  two record 
with same name or two entity with same name or else?


Please help .
Thank you

Regards

Dolfi


"Benjamin Rose" <Benjamin.Rose@enovation.de> wrote in message 
news:OwexnQlPJHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi Dolfi,
>
> go to the registry of your client, there must be a node "Data Migration 
> Wizard" and one entry for Trace Enabled. Set the value from 0 to 1.
> 

0
11/5/2008 2:09:17 AM
Hi Dolfi,

the documentation of the tracing is in a separat log file. The name of the 
log file should be: DataMigrationWiz_Setup.log and is located in your 
Application Folder under your User in Windows.

Benjamin
"Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
news:u5OyEuuPJHA.4372@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi Benjamin,
>
> I've enable the trace, re-run the data migration wizard, then watch the 
> event viewer. The problem still persist but  there is no any error message 
> in the  event viewer.
>
> I've alse checked i didn't rename any system entity.
> But I still don't get what you are trying to say:
> "and had two names with the same entity". What does it means?  two record 
> with same name or two entity with same name or else?
>
>
> Please help .
> Thank you
>
> Regards
>
> Dolfi
>
>
> "Benjamin Rose" <Benjamin.Rose@enovation.de> wrote in message 
> news:OwexnQlPJHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Dolfi,
>>
>> go to the registry of your client, there must be a node "Data Migration 
>> Wizard" and one entry for Trace Enabled. Set the value from 0 to 1.
>>
> 


0
11/5/2008 8:11:49 AM
I was able to get to the trace file and then subsequently to this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950266

This talks about the issue and a hotfix for this issue.

Manoj


"Benjamin Rose" wrote:

> Hi Dolfi,
> 
> the documentation of the tracing is in a separat log file. The name of the 
> log file should be: DataMigrationWiz_Setup.log and is located in your 
> Application Folder under your User in Windows.
> 
> Benjamin
> "Dolfi Besari" <Dolfi.Besari@mitrais.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag 
> news:u5OyEuuPJHA.4372@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Benjamin,
> >
> > I've enable the trace, re-run the data migration wizard, then watch the 
> > event viewer. The problem still persist but  there is no any error message 
> > in the  event viewer.
> >
> > I've alse checked i didn't rename any system entity.
> > But I still don't get what you are trying to say:
> > "and had two names with the same entity". What does it means?  two record 
> > with same name or two entity with same name or else?
> >
> >
> > Please help .
> > Thank you
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Dolfi
> >
> >
> > "Benjamin Rose" <Benjamin.Rose@enovation.de> wrote in message 
> > news:OwexnQlPJHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi Dolfi,
> >>
> >> go to the registry of your client, there must be a node "Data Migration 
> >> Wizard" and one entry for Trace Enabled. Set the value from 0 to 1.
> >>
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
MKU (1)
1/23/2009 11:26:29 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

count text through worksheets generates error
Hi all, In a workbook with a lot of worksheets i want to count the number of times a specific text value occurs in a cell. All sheets have the same layout. So, for instance, when i want to count the number of times the value "yes" occurs in cell B2 through sheets 1 to 5 and i use the function =countif(sheet1:sheet5!b2,"yes") excel generates an error message (#value!). I don't understand why, because if i would use the function in 1 sheet only I get the required result. I suspect that some functions cannot work on grouped sheets. Is there a list somewhere that e...

Outlook w/Biz Content Manager
Business Content Manager has worked superbly until this morning when incoming emails now appear both in the Inbox, and in the Business History and one of the Accounts in Business Content Manager. I can find no reference to this anywhere. Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks. BCM sometimes has what's known as a "forms cache" problem. Clearing the cache usually fixes it. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try the other steps detailed at http://supp...

How to journal receipts from printer as uncompressed data?
The default option is compressed. But Dynazip seems not support unicode interface. Any ideas? ...

lookup formula not picking up correct data
I using Excel 2003 to create a "Lookup" formula to calculate grade points and grade point averages. I want to insert the grade and have the grade converted to a grade point then multiply by the number of credits for the class. I created a vector with the grade and a corresponding vector with the grade point. The formula I am using is =LOOKUP(D6, B1:N1, B2:N2) where D6 is the lookup value (the grade); b1:n1 is the lookup vector; and b2:n2 is the result vector. The result is that I get an "#N/A" error message when I input some grades, I get the incorrect gra...

Word Automation Data Sources
Hi, My customer wants me to generate an invoice from data contained in MS Access. He has a Microsoft Word - based invoice that he currently uses and wants the new system to use the same document. So I intend to use Word Automation and MailMerge to meet the requirement. Some of the information on the invoice is name, address, city, state, zip - one record per invoice, no problem. But he also has a detailed section of the invoice that will contain multiple line items. So there will be multiple records per invoice for that part. Question: Can one Word document hav...

DPM connection error
Hi, I just applied SP1 to my DPM 2007 server. Everything seemed good to go until I started to update the client agents. After about 10 minutes the DPM server became very unresponsive. I rebooted it and now when I try to connect to the Admin console I get an error 'Unable to cnnect to dpm.domain.com (ID: 948) Verify that the DPM service is running on this computer". I have gone through all of the services and set them to start automatically and rebooted once more and I still receive the error. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! Check the status of the DPM servic...

Can someone help with this error
I am randomly getting an access error in my application and I am trying to find it. The error seems to occur when allocating a buffer in the CString code. Does anyone know if the dump below is pointing to anything specific? It seems like the error is occuring when 'text' is be allocated but I don't know why. // this is the function call in the ArchExists(..) module where the CString is allocated (parm1). CComSetup::ExtractParams( text, &type1, &desc1, &name1, &id1 ); // This is the declaration of the function void CComSetup::ExtractParams( CString src, CStrin...

Outlook 2000 memory error
Hi, When I deleted an item in Calendar, I got error message that "There is not enough memory available to perform the operation." I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Grace ...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

Manipulating text data
Win XP HE, XL 2002 Hi, I have a list of 1000 company names that I need to parse in this manner: In Cell A1 abcmanagement should be in Cell A2 ABC Management In A2 abcdefcompany should be in B2 ABCDEF Company etc..... There are a list of company with the following keywords: management, company, firm, llc, that may appear in the names in cell in the A column. What I need to do is a) insert a blank space between whatever is BEFORE the above key words. How to use a formula to quickly "parse" cells in the A column to insert this blank space at the right place and separate the names a...

Global error handler
Is there, in ACCCESS 2007, and/or VB a global error handler? I've checked the docs but not sure on the feasibility of this. I've seen On Error and OnError, and a discussion excepotion handling, but again, I'm not sure on the implementation of error and exception handling. -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little You must add the error handling to each routine. There's not a way to just make it automatically go to an exception handler without doing so. In each routine, you can call a generic error handler. Here's an example of how: Error Handling in VBA at: ...

error with the form when using asp.
I get this error, when i submit the form. The error comes up and some technical advisor from my host company told me to change it to ASP Email but i don't understand what he was talking about. Can someone provide assistance. Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005' Server.CreateObject Access Error /WebAppSub.asp, line 9 The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object. ...

GP Client install errors
I installed GP 8.0 from a installation template on 1 XP machine with no problems. I have the ODBC properly setup, and bcp.exe properly installed to satisfy GP Utilities. I am able to log in with different users, no problem. I did the same thing on two other XP machines and both machines give this Dexterity Runtime error on start-up. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MID1AC~1/GREATP~1/dictionary name.DIC. I get this error for the following .dic's: ADVSECURE.DIC ADV_FRM.DIC ADV_RPT.DIC AREC.DIC ARECFRM.DIC ARECRPT.DIC CFM.DIC CFMFORM.DIC CMFRPTS.DIC EXP1493.DIC EXP1493F.DIC EXP1493R....

including data in combo box ??
Please help I need to include a price list in a combo box for selection. I want to pick it from a combo box and then enter the information in a cell Thanks Hi, Manny Try this: Menu Data > Validation > list I hope this hepls. "Manny" <manny@mdrsolutions.co.za> escreveu na mensagem news:e4adkk$pn5$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Please help > > I need to include a price list in a combo box for selection. > I want to pick it from a combo box and then enter the information in a > cell > > Thanks > ...

return a zero for error
I'm having a problem with a spreadsheet I'm developing which records average marks of groups of students over several weeks. I want to display a "Running Average" of those averages as I enter the data, however, because I do this week by week there are inevitably weeks which have not had any data entered and her I see the error #DIV/0! for the formula =AVERAGE(IF(R5:R20<>0, R5:R20,"")). I do understand why I'm getting this (because I'm dividing by zero) but would like to return a zero so that the average of the averages will return a number rather tha...

Migrate Contact Address Data from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
We are upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In order to migrate the existing data, we are using the CRM web services (in "../crmservice.asmx"). CRM 1.2 stores the contact data in the ContactBase table; I create a data source, create an instance of the "contact" object from the CRM web service, set each of the contact properties from the field values in the DataRows of the DataSet source, and then use the contact object's Create() method to add each contact to the CRM 3.0 database -- all of this works very well. However, CRM 1.2 stores the contact's address d...

Money Investment Toolbar Error
All of a sudden, whenever I try to access my portfolios in the Deluxe version, I get this error: AppName: iexplore.exe, AppVer: 6.0.52800.1106, ModName: myisam05.dll, ModVer: 4.0.3107.50512, Offset: 00006e27. I can remove the Toolbar and use the basic portfolio version but continue to get the above error and an IE restart whenever I try to upgrade to Deluxe. Any suggestions> In microsoft.public.money, Dencoden wrote: >All of a sudden, whenever I try to access my portfolios in the Deluxe >version, I get this error: AppName: iexplore.exe, AppVer: 6.0.52800.1106, >ModName...

Add Collapsible data to report or form
I want to show a report with the following levels: Asset Class Investment Option Dealer Group So within each asset class there will be options then within each option will be dealer groups. Easy enough. Now what I want to do is somehow show something like this.. [-] Asset Class [-} Investment Option 1 Dealer Group 1 Dealer Group 2 the [-] are collapsible levels. So I want to initially display all asset classes and how much is in them, then allow the user to click on the report, or form and then display underneath the asset classes the investment ...

Duplicating data according to Dates
Well, that's the best description I can think of anyway. I need help with a solution. I have a set of data (vehicles) that I have managed to extract a complete history for. This dataset shows the month and year of every inspection that was completed on the vehicle according to the location that it was at when the inspection took place. Here is an example: Vehicle -- Location -- Year -- Month Car1 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 Car1 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 12 Car2 -- Location1 -- 2007 -- 2 Car2 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 11 Car2 -- Location3 -- 2007 -- 5 Car3 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 My goal is...

Receive large data pack by CAsyncSocket
Hi, I'm writing a client application using CAsyncSocket. I have got two threads: first (for my Main Window) and Second (for communication). Ofcourse socket is in the second thread, but there is no problem (I think:). I send to the server demand for a data. It send me data (3607B), I can see -I use program Ethereal- that the data structure is OK (it's "well known" structure for me). Now I Recive data like this: " char ReadBuffer[4096]; char RecData[4096]; DWORD dwRead; int PosBuf=0; DWORD dwWrite=1; do { dwRead= m_Mysocket.Receive(RecData, 4096); if(d...

Money 2005 Portfilio Manager "Screen Flicker"
Money 2005 has the annoying habit of updating the Portfolio display a second or two after returning from the Price History Graph display. I have a relatively fast computer 3.2 GHz Pentium, 1 Gig of dual channel memory etc., etc. Is there something I can change in the Settings that will stop Money from doing whatever it is doing when switching displays? I have watched the cpu utilization and it peaks at 32% during this delay period. I have been using Money since day one and the number of active and inactive investments has grown to 100+. Could that be part of the "problem"...

Report not reflecting data that I just changed.
Hello, My first CRM report and after figuring out many many things, I have 1 very frustrating problem. I wrote a quotes report that when I run within CRM it looks great, but then when I change the data and try to re-run the report it does not reflect the changes. I hit re-calculate and save and see the changes in CRM, but when I run the report the report runs in a fraction of the time but does not have the updated data. I checked to insure that the reports manager is setup to grab the latest data. I ran the standard accounts report and it also does not reflect the latest data, so ...

Authentication Error 04-28-06
One of our users is suddenly getting Aucthentication Error. "Microsfot CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is eanbled and that you have been assigned at least one security role" I have checked the user in CRM, enabled and also has a role assigned. Checked the SQL databases which has relevant records. Checked the Deployment manager. So everything is normal as expected but for some reason the message started today. The other users are fine. This use has been working in CRM up until today. Thanks Nilesh ...

referencing multiple cells when data is organised differently
I have a list of products with sales targets on one tab. The products go vertically down the page. On my second tab, the list of products goes horizontally across the page (the other way round from the first tab). Is there a way I can reference the first cell and copy the formula in such a way that I can quickly link the other cells. Its possible to 'drag' the formulas down or across when the original data goes in the same direction as the new one but I cant figure out how to quickly link multiple cells if the data is organised diffenrently. Thanks for any help! ...

Explorer.EXE
When I switch on my computer, the following message widnow showup. I can not do anything, except to the the task manager. I try to restart the computer and the problem is gone. ===================================================== Explorer.EXE - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on ok to terminate the application. ===================================================== The problem occur very frequently and I can only solve it by restart the computer. Sometimes I need to restart several time. Is anything wrong in my compu...