Support for custom look up fields

I am dissappointed to learn the MS CRM 3.0 do not support custom made look up
fields at a more profound level. I do acknowledge the work done on solving
some of the issues concerning relationships between accounts and contact etc.
through the relationship entity , but this solution still seems much more
complex to manage in comparison to the possibility of simply creating and
adding custom look up fields to your forms and thereby managing relationships
- just the same way as pointing out a "primary contact" person.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a5024508-89a0-47c9-9e67-e1c91d93e0a1&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

New entity and relaitonships customization
Hi all: I am working on a CRM v4 system that needs to track government funding programs for doctors at health clinics. The system is set up so that Accounts map to Clinics, and Contacts map to Doctors. The essential process is: A funding object is created, is set to run for a certain number of payments, is set with a start date, periodicity of payments (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.), and end date, and then is assigned to a doctor at a clinic. If the doctor leaves the clinic, the funding object transfers to the clinic and is suspended until the clinic hires a new doctor and then the fund...

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

Look up values and place in spreadsheet
I have an excel workbook with two sheets. On Sheet2, in column A is employee name. In column B is comments about that employee. The employee's name could be repeated several times throughout the workbook. Sheet2 has 1000 rows with multiple employees on it. On Sheet1 I want to put all the comments that match Employee1 (which is in cell A1 on Sheet1). There will probably be 20 matches, so I want the comments to be in rows 2-21. Is this possible? Thanks in advance. Try this *array* formula in A2 of Sheet1: =INDEX(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$30,SMALL(IF(Sheet2!$A$1:$A$30=$A$1,ROW($A$1:$A$30))...

Besides publisher, what supports .pub files?
No, we don't have Microsoft Publisher. We have a publishing deadline and someone sent us an ad in .pub format. We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, or do we have to go back to the advertiser and ask for a new file format? Paul Klinkman wrote: > We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a > free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, ================================== Other than MS Publisher? No. ================================== > or do we have to go back to the advertiser > and ask f...

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

Customize outlook today doesn't work anymore
When I am in Outlook2000 "Outlook Today" screen, I used to be able to press "Customize outlook today" and organize tasks in due date descending order. I can no longer activate "Customize outlook today" button anymore. Can someone help me? Thanks, Bryant Harris ...

Custom Dictionary
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my dictionary nor ignore it. I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out. Can anyone help please? Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary. If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-br...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

Looking for Work Load/Production Report Logs spreadsheet...
Hi, We are being asked to keep track of our daily work load. We need to record start and stop times as well as total time spent working on each job. It seems Excel would be perfect for this task because of it's Current Date and Time functions. Does anyone know whether this has already been invented and where I can find a sample Excel Worksheet? Or any assistance you can provide to make this mundane task less time consuming than writing it down manually is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. -Greg Hi Greg, The only way I can think of to do what you want is with an event drive...

4 fieldes in legend of line chart
i have a line chart in access,and i want to have a 4 fieldes in legend,but access don't let to me.is there any way to have a 4 fieldes in legend of line chart in access? any help to me is appreciated. tanks in advance Are you not able to create 4 data series? What shows in your legend? Have you resized the legend? -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "afshin" <afshin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3945C9DA-32AA-4139-8517-C60C2338B310@microsoft.com... > i have a line chart in access,and i want to have a 4 fieldes in legend,but > ...

Matching fields between 3 tables
I am trying to join 3 tables in a query where the Unique ID consists of capital letters and small letters. A combination of capital letters, small letters and numbers form the ID. Understand MS Access had an issue not being able to differentiate capital and small letters. How can i get round this problem? Jet is, indeed, only case insensitive (and MS SQL Server is case insensitive by default... else, tables names are also be case sensitive, since they are data too, in system tables). To differentiate between two strings which may differ only by the case, you can use StrComp which retu...

Custom toolbar #3
I have a user who has created a custom toolbar in excel (XP). The nex time he logged on it dissappeared. Any ideas how and where I ca retreive it from? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements customized toolbars can come from a couple of different spots: 1. Built on the fly by a macro 2. Built by Tools|Customize 3. Built by tools|customize and then attachin...

Extender fields in SmartList
We created an Extender window and checked the box to include the fields in SmartList. However, when we open SmartList and try to add the new columns to a list, these fields are showing a Type of "Not Defined". Therefore, we're not able to select those columns. The fields DO have a type assigned in the Extender window. I tried running CheckLinks on the Extender tables but that didn't fix it. Any ideas? ...

Wireless Support for Outlook client
Can anyone confirm weather or not Microsoft specifically supports connecting to CRM using the outlook client in either on-line or offline mode? I'm trying to find written documentation on this and haven't so far. Thanks. Don Do you mean that Microsoft CRM offers an offline capability? If so, yes, it offers both online and offline capability. Depending on your networking setup, Microsoft CRM Outlook client can connect to your CRM Server via wireless or VPN, etc.. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm &qu...

custom button to launch list of transactions to be voided
so everyone knows you can go to Recall > Void a transaction. can we create a custom button on the right side to go directly to the Void a Transaction command without having to use the recall button? You can use vb or vb.net. see the customization guide. Good luck! -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote: > so everyone knows you can go to Recall > Void a transaction. > > can we create a custom button on the right side to go directly to the Void a > Transaction command without having to use the recall button? A macro is quicker to do but le...

Table field drop-down menu
Hi anyone know how to put a drop down menu directly in a table field? I did it once but can't remember how. Thanks much. "Zack L" <ZackL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message <3408F740-458A-4A44-9EC2-5F706B36FF70@microsoft.com>: > Hi anyone know how to put a drop down menu directly in a table field? > I did it once but can't remember how. Thanks much. Please continue to not know how, as it will probably only lead to problems. Some reasons why, can be found here http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm Use combos on forms in stead ;-) -- R...

++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++
Hi, ++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++ This is currently limited to a couple of functions to change to and from hex. The programmers in MS (along with thousands of engineers worldwide) would surely benefit if excel could natively support hex numbers. At the very least, could the HEX2DEC function be altered to do automatic sign extension? We (global org, 100,000+ employees) are finding ourselves creating macro's to take in a 16-bit hex no, discover if it is signed, and then pad it out to move the sign up to bit 40. This is surely more messy than it has to be - doe...