Subreports don't display in CRM report viewer

I have a report that displays a series of subreports.  This works fine when
I deploy it manually but when I deploy it through CRM none of the subreports
are uploaded, therefore they don't display.  This is true of an image on the
report as well.

IF I look at the catalog in the ReportServer database I can see that the
manually deployed report is accompanied by the graphic and the subreports in
the Catalog table.  The additional items are all marked as hiden=true as
expected.

However when I look at the same report deployed via CRM there is only a
record in this table for the report itself and no hidden entries for any of
the referenced subreports and graphic.

How should I do this - is there a workaround (such as deploying the same
report manually into the CRM reports catalog), or am I just doing it wrong?

regards,
Paul.

0
Paul
7/25/2006 10:32:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_085C0AE4

"Paul" <scritchREMOVE@REMOVExtra.REMOVEco.nzREMOVE> wrote:
> I have a report that displays a series of subreports.  This works fine
when
> I deploy it manually but when I deploy it through CRM none of the
subreports
> are uploaded, therefore they don't display.  This is true of an image on
the
> report as well.

You have to upload each individual subreport as well.  Uploading just the
main report will not upload dependencies.

--
Tao Yue
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fmodern\fprq1\fcharset0 Lucida Console;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs16 "Paul" <scritchREMOVE@REMOVExtra.REMOVEco.nzREMOVE> wrote:
\par > I have a report that displays a series of subreports.  This works fine when
\par > I deploy it manually but when I deploy it through CRM none of the subreports
\par > are uploaded, therefore they don't display.  This is true of an image on the
\par > report as well.
\par
\par
\par You have to upload each individual subreport as well.  Uploading just the main report will not upload dependencies.
\par
\par
\par --
\par Tao Yue
\par Microsoft Dynamics CRM Development
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_085C0AE4--

0
taoyue

SQL server reporting services error
Hi, I get the following error: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. " Detailed error below: "[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1296 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.ReportingServices.ReportingService.GetResourceContents(String Resource, String& MimeType) +48 M...

Email select page of report -- need help
I am trying email a report to employees. I only want to email one page of the report to each employee. Ex: John Doe gets john doe's page from the report. I have messed with this code and can get it to use my query to send email's with the report attached, but I can't figure out how to filter the report. I need help. THanks in advance. Option Compare Database Private Sub Email_RPT_to_All_Emp_Click() On Error GoTo Some_Err Dim strBody As String, lngCount As Long, lngRSCount As Long Dim db As Database Dim rst As Recordset Set db = Cu...

CRM (4.0) <-> Microsoft Project Server 2007
Hallo Is there a method, where one of the both systems grab the Usermanagement of the other? Or is it possible to synchronise both system with an OU from the AD? Thanks for any input. best regards.. Bernd ...

GP10 - Picking Report
I would like to add the BoM user derined fields to the picking report - I was able to do this in GP8 by linking the Picklist File to the MOP_Pickdoc_Line but cannot seem to recreate in version 10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. M. After creating a new table relationship between the 2 tables it looks like all is good and I once again have access to the additional fields I wanted. M. "Maria" wrote: > > I would like to add the BoM user derined fields to the picking report - > > I was able to do this in GP8 by linking the Picklist File to the > MOP...

Internal Emails sent to CRM not showing up
Does anyone know if there is a solution for the following issue: - if an internal user sends an email message from their Outlook client to a CRM queue, it never shows up in CRM. -- Thanks, Christie Internal emails sent from Outlook in the same Exchange Organization will not be routed to CRM, as it does not routed via SMTP, which is the traffic that the CRM Exchange Email Router monitors. If you have a CRM SFO client, you can promote the email as a CRM Activity and then assign it to a user or queue. -wg "Christie" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a solution for th...

CRM 4 outlook client install error
I am not able to install CRM v4 Outlook client on any workstation. The Oultook initial setup from CD appears to install correctly, but the install fails using the Configuration Wizard (PreInstallation Checks = OK) with the following error. ----------------- Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) ----------------- THis happens on all workstations connect to SBS 2K3R2; Desktop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Laptop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Terminal Server (W2K3/Office2K3) The CRM Web Client works fine. -- ...

Money 2006 display
When using Money 98 the report Categories would display on the monitor in bold print and the Subcategories would display on the monitor in fine print. Good visually. When the report was printed out the Categories and Subcategories printed out the same.....great. Now with Money 2006 the Categories and Subcategories display the same as Money 98 on the monitor but when printed out they both print out in bold print and are not different as they might be. I've checked settings and can't find where I can make a change for the better. Any ideas, or is this the way things are ? I&...

BCM to CRM 3 migration error
Hello, I got the following error when using the data migration tool. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks. 8/25/2006 4:02:09 PM------>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot sort a row of size 8291, which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8094. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read() at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillLoadDataRowChunk(SchemaMapping mapping, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromReader(Object data, String srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRe...

CRM mail merge of date attributes showing both Date & Time
Hi Mail Merge of date attribute to MS Word is showing up with both date and time components. Eventhough the date attribute is formatted as 'Date Only' in CRM and it only shows just the Date on the CRM screen. However when mail merging the same Date attribute to Microsoft word, bith Date & Time shows up in the document. What can we do to make the time component disappear? thanks Kyaw What you can do is use Merge Fields in Word to format the CRM field to only show the date .... so after you insert the Date field into your Word document, do the following: - Push Alt + F9 ...

News Reader display in the Go Menu
I have recently added the news menu in the go list. It worked once and then dissappeared from the drop down menu. It is also no longer available to add again following the instructions that originally allowed me to add the button. Can anyone help? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the menu ...

Access 2003 Reports
How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a report? "AccessInfant" <AccessInfant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E736F5FD-A225-4794-AEED-2C44E616ED06@microsoft.com... > How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a > report? In the Format event of the whatever report section contains the image control, set the image control's Visible property based on the value of the yes/no field: Me.imgControl.Visible = Me.chkYesNo (to make the image visible if the checkbox is checked). Carl Ra...

CRM 3.0 router does not route mail to CRM
Hi There, Mail is going out of CRM to an external contact. Upon email reply from the contact the email is placed in the users mailbox but not in the CRM contact history? I have the following error on the exchage server. --------- Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying before delivery message: RE: test CRM bots:00003000001 in mailbox: crmbotsmailbox failed (System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebRes...

CRM 3 and IE8
We're still stuck on CRM 3 (since MS won't release a GP connector for CRM 4) .. . . but after installing IE8, we are unable to get CRM to work correctly with the Outlook client or directly in the browser. 1. Browser - when initially opening CRM, we receive a message to close the window. If "yes" is chosen, the window closes, but no other window opens . .. . everything remains closed. 2. Outlook client - After setting an appt that is directly linked to an account or lead, when a user opens that appt in outlook and clicks on "view regarding", the window opens...

Tax Exempt and tax display
I am new to POS 2009 so this may be a simple question, but it escaped me. 1) We have 2 tax types. How do you setup customers so they are exempt for only one. If you use the exempt feild in customer setup then they are exempt from all. 2) We have each tax seperate on the receipt, but is their a way to display both taxes seperatley on the pos screen? Thanks Doug I am having the same issue but with RMS 2.0..when i set it up to exempt certain part of the tax it gives no tax..plz help "Prairie Computers SK Canada" wrote: > I am new to POS 2009 so this may be a si...

Custom Reports
I am in the process of generating reports for use in tax preparation. In my Job Expenses report, I would like to only include transactions with a value over $.01. How do I do this? For example, in my paycheck template I have a transaction for Job Expense:Parking & Tolls. Every time I record a paycheck, a transaction for the preceding is included. Whether I have actually incurred the expense, ergo a zero balance. Is there a way to remove those items with a zero balance from the report? In microsoft.public.money, GreggC wrote: >I am in the process of generating reports for us...

ACT Groups
We are currently converting ACT data to CRM and need to know how to handle the groups in ACT in CRM. We have 47 different groups setup, and the records could be part of 1 or more groups. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Tara Sifuentes, CCDA, CCNA What does a group in ACT represent? "Tara Sifuentes" <Tara Sifuentes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA273A4-ABB1-4087-BEE7-DD0C55FC3B12@microsoft.com... > We are currently converting ACT data to CRM and need to know how to handle > the groups in ACT in CRM. We have 47 different groups se...

Account Balance Report bug?
I think what I'm experiencing is similar to the Net Worth report bug discussed here. I've discovered that the Account Balance report does not accurately reflect balances for previous days. Whatever date is picked in the report customization window, the balance is reported as the current days balance. Are these bugs related, and are there solutions? Anyone else experiencing this problem? In microsoft.public.money, David B wrote: >I think what I'm experiencing is similar to the Net Worth report bug >discussed here. I've discovered that the Account Balance report do...

How to Count Records from a Field in a Report Form
I have a dbase with many fields with dates. One field is a text field and will only accept certain 2 character alpha characters such as MA, NA, SA, etc... What I need is a report of that one field which will only give me a number total of each group of characters (MA's, NA's, etc...) and finally a grand total. Thank you for your help! TomP wrote: >I have a dbase with many fields with dates. One field is a text field and >will only accept certain 2 character alpha characters such as MA, NA, SA, >etc... > >What I need is a report of that one field which wi...

generate new report in Money 2004 #2
How can I generate a new report in Money 2004. It seems that the only way to do it is modify a old report but I want to keep they old report. I want to generate a new report for 2006 but keep the old 2005 report. When I change the date on the old report it does not ask me if I want to save it. Any ideas. Thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, marvo wrote: >How can I generate a new report in Money 2004. It seems that the only >way to do it is modify a old report but I want to keep they old report. In a report, you can save a version as a "Favorite". >I want to gen...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS Discounts Applied
We really need to run ongoing reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied. The built-in reports within POS (not RMS) are not nearly as robust as we wish/require (they're actually quite lame). Is there a query we can run on a transaction table to reveal the discounts applied to those transactions? In the POS Query Tool, running the query "select * from Transaction" throws ...

SOAP requests, Current User alert, Web Services, CRM 4.0
Using CRM 4.0.... I have a question you may be able to help me with *hopefully* I've tested and searched all over with no luck. I am trying to perform a SOAP request in order to display/alert the current system user. As you will notice if you use my "universal" CRM 4.0 source code, it is returning false and with no data contained in my request. Can you help? Warm regards, var data= GetInformationFromAnEntity(); if(data != null) { alert("This thing has data"); } function GetInformationFromAnEntity() { var xml = "" + "<?xml...

CRM 3.0 Feature
Does anyone happen to know if I will be able to assign a CRM Task to a non-CRM user from the Outlook client and then have any further actions such as acceptance, denial, or completion by this non-CRM user show up for that task within the CRM app itself? No, when you assign anything it CRM will only let you choose users in the CRM system. Even though you may be using the Outlook interface you are still viewing the same CRM system with the same constraints. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Josh Behl" <JoshBehl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Report Columns Don't Ad Up
When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit columns don't add up. In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit. In this instance, the numbers don't add up. Not even close. What gives? Tom -- The worst words in business: "We''ve always done it that way" -- Stop Fishing for eMail. Tom, If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit. I think the same goes for costs, too. The columns need to have their formulas changed in the QRP file to account fo...

Query optimization advice for custom 12-column sales detail report
Hey all, I am designing a web-based 12-column sales report that will display 12 user specified periods across the top, items down the left, and the total sales for each period. The report will also suggest an order quantity based on sales. It is great for tracking how well an item was maintained (i.e. an item that was selling 100 / week suddenly drops to 0....oops!). The program will also allow users to set order reminders, and even place their order from the report. Anyway, it will be nice. The problem is that the report takes about 30 seconds per manufacturer for three months of data. Not...

How do I show the sum of each page in a multi-page report?
I have a report that each row is the sum of [Rate]*[Qty]=[ExtendedPrice]. I need to show the "carried forward" total of the [ExtendedPrice] at the end of each place and then the grand total of the [ExtendedPrice] on the final page. How do I sum each page? Reva wrote: >I have a report that each row is the sum of [Rate]*[Qty]=[ExtendedPrice]. I >need to show the "carried forward" total of the [ExtendedPrice] at the end of >each place and then the grand total of the [ExtendedPrice] on the final page. > How do I sum each page? You don't ...