Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2

Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would
like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up
with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a
migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then
upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0.

Thank you in advance.

0
Jim
12/18/2003 2:44:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide?

"Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would
> like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up
> with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a
> migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then
> upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0.
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
John
12/18/2003 4:07:43 PM
Not yet. Just got the discs in today but thought I would find out if anyone
had any experiences already with the upgrade process.

Thank you,

Jim
"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:%23wd7SEYxDHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide?
>
> "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We
would
> > like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end
up
> > with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such
> > migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then
> > upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

0
Jim

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

version
Does your query have a start time and end time. If so, you can't run the query to see your time on Paper with Paper still open as you will not have an end time and the query will (when you try and open it) try a half calculation (that like say 1 + = intead of 1 + 1 =). Maybe I am not understanding. Can you post the sql so we cna see it -- Wayne Manchester, England. "relativehunter" wrote:version > I am having a problem with a form and a query. When I open the form (called > Paper), it runs a query that adds a row to a table called Time. If P...

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

Can't Connect to Bank with Money 04 Trial Version
Hi, Does anyone know why I can't connect to my bank through the trial version of Money 04? I use quicken at the moment and after reading the negative reviews of the 04 update have decided to give money a try. The bank appears on the list of participating institutions and indicates that it is set up for direct connect/two way communication. However, when I go through the Online Services Manager it is listed under the heading "Banks that have no Service". I would appreciate any answers! Sarah ...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

CRM Mobile and Orange SPV Phones
Does anyone know if CRM Mobile 1.2 will work on Orange SPV mobiles? Thanks, Adam Pedder CRM Mobile will run on Pockect PC 2003 devices, not spartphones at this time. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Adam Pedder" <adam@nothereatall.com> wrote in message news:uH4N9SDkEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if CRM Mobile 1.2 will work on Orange SPV mobiles? > > Thanks, > > Adam Pedder > > Currently smartphones such...

Too Few Parameters, 1 expected
I'm getting the error too few paremeters, 1 expected with the code below. I'm getting the error at " Set rst3 = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQL3)". Any help would be much appreciated On Error GoTo Err_cmdCreateRecords_Click Dim intResp As Integer Dim intCount As Integer If ReportDate = "" Or IsNull(ReportDate) Then MsgBox "Please enter a valid report date." ReportDate.SetFocus GoTo Exit_cmdCreateRecords_Click End If intResp = MsgBox("This function will add records for the reporting date specified. Do you wish to continue?", vbO...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...

Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.6560.0, hang module hungapp,
I have a user who gets this crash whenever he prints to adobe distiller. Environment is XP pro2 Excel 2003 adobe pro 6 Anybody have any suggestions- thanks CR -- ...

Excel 1.5
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just wondered if anybody new a way of converting I assume it is excel 1.5 (its from my thesis in 1990) files so that they can be used in excel 2008 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Adrian Hi Adrian: What makes you think Excel 2008 can't open them? 1) Make sure the files have the correct extension. 2) Use File>Open from inside Excel to open them. They should open straight up. Double-clicking in the Finder is always a little bit of a lottery, because you are depending on two or three applic...

How do I creat a 8-1/5 x 14 template in Publisher?
I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you staple it in the middle? Help!!! Lace wrote: > I am creating a newsletter for my business and the boss wants to use 8-1/2 x > 14 papers. How do I customize a template to and make it like a book where you > staple it in the middle? Help!!! File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper. Use this dialog to set your paper size. There are templates that use a Booklet fold by default. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http:/...

viewing crm emails in Outlook inbox
In crm 1.2 when a workflow fired off an email message it was sent to the recipients CRM and Outlook inbox, it appears as 3.0 doesn't do the same. Is there a way to get the email messages generated by a workflow in the CRM to appear in the recipients inbox. My issue is that people are not keen at having to track email messages in two places and they don't want to use CRM as there main interface for emails. Thanks, John ...

Extending CRM access to another Domain
We have a request from our parent company overseas in that they want to connect to our instance of MSCRM. In no way is our AD environment or WAN connected to them. My first thought was to simply create AD accounts for those users, and give them VPN access into our network. Then allow them to hit the CRM web site, but then the question of CRM email comes around. Since we have two different domain names, it would mean that the overseas folks would have two email accounts to manage. My question here would be what are my options to make this happen? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! ...

De-activate Windows 7 Upgrade.....?
I attempted to upgrade an old desktop from XP to Windows 7. Didn't work. So I broke down and bought a new Lap-top. I still have the Windows 7 upgrade in the box. Can I de-activate and sell.....? thx... j.l. On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 16:46:29 -0400, J.L. wrote: > I attempted to upgrade an old desktop from XP to Windows 7. Didn't work. > > So I broke down and bought a new Lap-top. > > I still have the Windows 7 upgrade in the box. > > Can I de-activate and sell.....? > > thx... > > j.l. Did you activate it? If no...

any one have a clue how to sync 2 copies of outlook
laptop and desktop I want to sync up the outlook on both. any clues/? hints? thanks Hi Paul, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...