standard filter "older than x months" limitations

Hi,

anyone who knows how to work around the standard filter limitation of "older
than x months"? You are only able to enter a number between 0 and 100!

I need to have a saved query (=dynamic list) of contacts who are older than
e.g. 30 years. I assumed that I could find this easily throught the standard
methods, namely create a view for

contacts with
birthdate "older than x month"  1230 (=12*30)

but apparently there's a restriction in this?! Anyone knows how to work
around this with equal effort? I wonder why those limitations are built in?!
Microsoft could at least have provided an "older than x years" as well
0
Vivi (78)
10/6/2009 2:29:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That filter in not normaly used for contact age, but record age. E.g. open
leads, open cases, record created on or modified on; older that 1 or 2 months.

You may seach "old persons" e.g. like this

birthday "on or before" 31.12.1949
and
birthday "on or after" 1.1.1940

Jukka Majander

"Vivi" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> anyone who knows how to work around the standard filter limitation of "older
> than x months"? You are only able to enter a number between 0 and 100!
>
> I need to have a saved query (=dynamic list) of contacts who are older than
> e.g. 30 years. I assumed that I could find this easily throught the standard
> methods, namely create a view for
>
> contacts with
> birthdate "older than x month"  1230 (=12*30)
>
> but apparently there's a restriction in this?! Anyone knows how to work
> around this with equal effort? I wonder why those limitations are built in?!
> Microsoft could at least have provided an "older than x years" as well
Hi,

I would assume it's a filter like any other date filter, doesn't matter
whether it's a date recording the created/modified on or the birthday or any
other date...

Either way, the solution you provide is indeed the one that's suggested a
lot, but you cannot save that query, because "today" is not a parameter but
is a manual input...

I just want a "dynamic list" (=saved query without any manual inputs needed)
that can show me persons older than 30...if someone's birthday is tommorrow,
than from tomorrow on he will be in my list when i select that saved view...

It's a pity that this is so hard to accomplish; knowing that there's a
filter that's coming very close ("older than x months").

I was already able to filter the -16year olds through a standard query...if
Microsoft could also provide a good solution for searching people older than
a certain age then a lot of people would be very satisfied!