SRS to open Record of Focus

Hello All!

Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
form open.

Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 

Any ideas?
0
Utf
9/18/2007 9:26:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
554 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Hi,
There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of 
creating it yourself if I understood you correctly.
You need to select "Related Record Types" when publishing report from CRM 
web interface. For details checkout following;
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa683371.aspx

-- 
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com


"bayareacrm" wrote:

> Hello All!
> 
> Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
> have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
> pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
> to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
> in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
> form open.
> 
> Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 
> 
> Any ideas?
0
Utf
9/18/2007 10:56:01 PM
Hello Umar,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm not trying to avoid 'creating it 
myself,' it's already (the report) been created. 

What I'm trying to achieve is to let SRS know which customer record 
to display when running the report. I need it to be the record of focus. 
When I click the link to the report (custom button) I need somehow to tell 
SRS that I only want the quote information from the quote record that's open.



"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of 
> creating it yourself if I understood you correctly.
> You need to select "Related Record Types" when publishing report from CRM 
> web interface. For details checkout following;
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa683371.aspx
> 
> -- 
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> feedback.
> 
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> 
> 
> "bayareacrm" wrote:
> 
> > Hello All!
> > 
> > Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
> > have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
> > pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
> > to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
> > in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
> > form open.
> > 
> > Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 
> > 
> > Any ideas?
0
Utf
9/19/2007 12:24:02 AM
Hi,
Click on Reports in CRM main window. Once Reports grid is up, select your 
desired report which you want to appear, lets say in Accounts. Click on "More 
Actions" button and select "Edit Report".
On new popup window select "Account" in "Related Record Type". In "Deisplay 
In" also select all the three options.
Now save it and than open the account form. You will see the reports 
dropdown in toolbar of account entity form with the desired report.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682791.aspx
-- 
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com


"bayareacrm" wrote:

> Hello Umar,
> 
> Thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm not trying to avoid 'creating it 
> myself,' it's already (the report) been created. 
> 
> What I'm trying to achieve is to let SRS know which customer record 
> to display when running the report. I need it to be the record of focus. 
> When I click the link to the report (custom button) I need somehow to tell 
> SRS that I only want the quote information from the quote record that's open.
> 
> 
> 
> "uMar Khan" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of 
> > creating it yourself if I understood you correctly.
> > You need to select "Related Record Types" when publishing report from CRM 
> > web interface. For details checkout following;
> > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa683371.aspx
> > 
> > -- 
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> > feedback.
> > 
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> > 
> > 
> > "bayareacrm" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello All!
> > > 
> > > Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
> > > have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
> > > pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
> > > to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
> > > in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
> > > form open.
> > > 
> > > Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 
> > > 
> > > Any ideas?
0
Utf
9/19/2007 9:46:02 AM
Hello,

I have somewhat of an update: When you use the CRM SRS interface, you are 
able to select where your custom report will display, but you still need to 
set parameters or find some way of passing the quoteid or quote number from 
the record of focus (the quote record the rep is trying to print a quote 
from) instead of running on all 'eligible to print' quotes.

What the key here is, is how do you pass the information in the DOM you have 
available telling you who is trying to print the report, and what quote is 
open that we want to print from? The CRM SRS Interface 'editing' report does 
not seem to filter the report on the quote record of focus, nor offer an 
option to pass the parameter of the quoteid for the quote record open.

I thought of using the src attribute to add the quoteid of the quote record 
I wanted to print my quote information and line items for, I think this is 
the closest I've come to a full solution, but this would entail (I think) 
setting up an additional parameter in the SRS report, and capturing the url 
information as the parameter? I'm looking into this now... 

If someone has figured out a way to print custom reports on the crm form 
record of focus, please let me know how they did it.

thanks,

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Click on Reports in CRM main window. Once Reports grid is up, select your 
> desired report which you want to appear, lets say in Accounts. Click on "More 
> Actions" button and select "Edit Report".
> On new popup window select "Account" in "Related Record Type". In "Deisplay 
> In" also select all the three options.
> Now save it and than open the account form. You will see the reports 
> dropdown in toolbar of account entity form with the desired report.
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682791.aspx
> -- 
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> feedback.
> 
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> 
> 
> "bayareacrm" wrote:
> 
> > Hello Umar,
> > 
> > Thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm not trying to avoid 'creating it 
> > myself,' it's already (the report) been created. 
> > 
> > What I'm trying to achieve is to let SRS know which customer record 
> > to display when running the report. I need it to be the record of focus. 
> > When I click the link to the report (custom button) I need somehow to tell 
> > SRS that I only want the quote information from the quote record that's open.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of 
> > > creating it yourself if I understood you correctly.
> > > You need to select "Related Record Types" when publishing report from CRM 
> > > web interface. For details checkout following;
> > > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa683371.aspx
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> > > feedback.
> > > 
> > > uMar Khan
> > > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "bayareacrm" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hello All!
> > > > 
> > > > Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
> > > > have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
> > > > pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
> > > > to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
> > > > in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
> > > > form open.
> > > > 
> > > > Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 
> > > > 
> > > > Any ideas?
0
Utf
10/6/2007 3:38:00 PM
Hi,
Have you tried developing a SRS Report with context-sensitive. Try careting 
a simple report on only FilteredAccount and than show that report in account 
entity form from report customization. Report will automaticlly work for 
foucs account. You dont need to add a prameter manually.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682791.aspx

-- 
PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
feedback.

uMar Khan
Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com


"bayareacrm" wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> I have somewhat of an update: When you use the CRM SRS interface, you are 
> able to select where your custom report will display, but you still need to 
> set parameters or find some way of passing the quoteid or quote number from 
> the record of focus (the quote record the rep is trying to print a quote 
> from) instead of running on all 'eligible to print' quotes.
> 
> What the key here is, is how do you pass the information in the DOM you have 
> available telling you who is trying to print the report, and what quote is 
> open that we want to print from? The CRM SRS Interface 'editing' report does 
> not seem to filter the report on the quote record of focus, nor offer an 
> option to pass the parameter of the quoteid for the quote record open.
> 
> I thought of using the src attribute to add the quoteid of the quote record 
> I wanted to print my quote information and line items for, I think this is 
> the closest I've come to a full solution, but this would entail (I think) 
> setting up an additional parameter in the SRS report, and capturing the url 
> information as the parameter? I'm looking into this now... 
> 
> If someone has figured out a way to print custom reports on the crm form 
> record of focus, please let me know how they did it.
> 
> thanks,
> 
> "uMar Khan" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > Click on Reports in CRM main window. Once Reports grid is up, select your 
> > desired report which you want to appear, lets say in Accounts. Click on "More 
> > Actions" button and select "Edit Report".
> > On new popup window select "Account" in "Related Record Type". In "Deisplay 
> > In" also select all the three options.
> > Now save it and than open the account form. You will see the reports 
> > dropdown in toolbar of account entity form with the desired report.
> > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682791.aspx
> > -- 
> > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> > feedback.
> > 
> > uMar Khan
> > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> > 
> > 
> > "bayareacrm" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello Umar,
> > > 
> > > Thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm not trying to avoid 'creating it 
> > > myself,' it's already (the report) been created. 
> > > 
> > > What I'm trying to achieve is to let SRS know which customer record 
> > > to display when running the report. I need it to be the record of focus. 
> > > When I click the link to the report (custom button) I need somehow to tell 
> > > SRS that I only want the quote information from the quote record that's open.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi,
> > > > There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of 
> > > > creating it yourself if I understood you correctly.
> > > > You need to select "Related Record Types" when publishing report from CRM 
> > > > web interface. For details checkout following;
> > > > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa683371.aspx
> > > > 
> > > > -- 
> > > > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> > > > feedback.
> > > > 
> > > > uMar Khan
> > > > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "bayareacrm" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hello All!
> > > > > 
> > > > > Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
> > > > > have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
> > > > > pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
> > > > > to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
> > > > > in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
> > > > > form open.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 
> > > > > 
> > > > > Any ideas?
0
Utf
10/6/2007 8:16:23 PM
Yes, that's exactly what it took to get the srs report to print only the 
record of focus. The CRMAF_ aliasing was finicky, but once correct, when 
deployed to the record entity and grid level, they began to appear as 
"Filterable Reports" would... This was the key. Thanks uMar!

"uMar Khan" wrote:

> Hi,
> Have you tried developing a SRS Report with context-sensitive. Try careting 
> a simple report on only FilteredAccount and than show that report in account 
> entity form from report customization. Report will automaticlly work for 
> foucs account. You dont need to add a prameter manually.
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682791.aspx
> 
> -- 
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> feedback.
> 
> uMar Khan
> Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> 
> 
> "bayareacrm" wrote:
> 
> > Hello,
> > 
> > I have somewhat of an update: When you use the CRM SRS interface, you are 
> > able to select where your custom report will display, but you still need to 
> > set parameters or find some way of passing the quoteid or quote number from 
> > the record of focus (the quote record the rep is trying to print a quote 
> > from) instead of running on all 'eligible to print' quotes.
> > 
> > What the key here is, is how do you pass the information in the DOM you have 
> > available telling you who is trying to print the report, and what quote is 
> > open that we want to print from? The CRM SRS Interface 'editing' report does 
> > not seem to filter the report on the quote record of focus, nor offer an 
> > option to pass the parameter of the quoteid for the quote record open.
> > 
> > I thought of using the src attribute to add the quoteid of the quote record 
> > I wanted to print my quote information and line items for, I think this is 
> > the closest I've come to a full solution, but this would entail (I think) 
> > setting up an additional parameter in the SRS report, and capturing the url 
> > information as the parameter? I'm looking into this now... 
> > 
> > If someone has figured out a way to print custom reports on the crm form 
> > record of focus, please let me know how they did it.
> > 
> > thanks,
> > 
> > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > Click on Reports in CRM main window. Once Reports grid is up, select your 
> > > desired report which you want to appear, lets say in Accounts. Click on "More 
> > > Actions" button and select "Edit Report".
> > > On new popup window select "Account" in "Related Record Type". In "Deisplay 
> > > In" also select all the three options.
> > > Now save it and than open the account form. You will see the reports 
> > > dropdown in toolbar of account entity form with the desired report.
> > > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682791.aspx
> > > -- 
> > > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> > > feedback.
> > > 
> > > uMar Khan
> > > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "bayareacrm" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hello Umar,
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks for your prompt reply, but I'm not trying to avoid 'creating it 
> > > > myself,' it's already (the report) been created. 
> > > > 
> > > > What I'm trying to achieve is to let SRS know which customer record 
> > > > to display when running the report. I need it to be the record of focus. 
> > > > When I click the link to the report (custom button) I need somehow to tell 
> > > > SRS that I only want the quote information from the quote record that's open.
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "uMar Khan" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > > There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of 
> > > > > creating it yourself if I understood you correctly.
> > > > > You need to select "Related Record Types" when publishing report from CRM 
> > > > > web interface. For details checkout following;
> > > > > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa683371.aspx
> > > > > 
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our 
> > > > > feedback.
> > > > > 
> > > > > uMar Khan
> > > > > Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "bayareacrm" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hello All!
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I 
> > > > > > have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to 
> > > > > > pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record 
> > > > > > to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter 
> > > > > > in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote 
> > > > > > form open.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Any ideas?
0
Utf
10/7/2007 8:07:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment "not enough memory". As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

recording changes
I have a field called "TimeStamp" What I would like is that if someone modifiys or make any change in the form that the "TimeStamp" will record the time and date of change. How can this be achieved? sandrao In an event procedure in the form's AfterUpdate event, you could do something like: Me!txtYourTimeStampField = Now() Note that if you use the BeforeUpdate event, every time your code changes the value of this field, the form tries to update, the BeforeUpdate (re-)triggers, and you "loop up" (at least, it seems to me I've seen this...)...

Possible to Look Up Records by Initials?
I have a user who's telling me that prior to this weekend in CRM, she could lookup user records by initials rather than typing in part of the name. I don't see where that setting would have been marked in CRM. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, how did you implement this type of search customization/configuration? Steps to recreate problem: Account screen Account Owner field's magnifying glass Assign Account Assign to another user fields magnifiying glass Look Up Records' Look For field = initials of user you're attempting to Find. I doubt you can use the init...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Recording ownership in an LLC partnership
I'm a partner in an LLC company and would like to track my ownership interest in Money 2004. It's not "real" obvious how I might go about this, particularly ... What account type should be used? How do I record my portion of the profits earned, for which I'm am personally taxed? How do I record the gain in ownership value these profits provided when I haven't necessarily received them in cash? How do I record a portion of these profits as received in cash when they aren't dividends but distributions? I'd prefer to use an investment oriented approach rather ...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8 it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar. It can be viewed when maximised ok. It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl. It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window. I am perplexed? Hi Bob, It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it. I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night my time)... It is a...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...

open Outlook 2000 .ost file in outlook 2000
Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created and saved from a different account? Yes - see www.exchangerecovery.com paddy wrote: > Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created > and saved from a different account? ...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

records in current month
Hi I want to use a query that returns records in the current month from a date field, but cant work the query out - anyone help please Thanks Alec Set the criteria under the date field to: Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0) -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "alecgreen" wrote: > Hi > > I want to use a query that returns records in the current month from a > date field, but cant work the query out - anyone help please > > Thanks > > Alec > > ...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

How do I stop Excel opening up my PDF documents
Hi thanks in advance, Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. How do I stop this from happening? All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Many thanks Isagold Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:14:01 -0700 from isagold <isagold@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > Hi thanks in advance, > Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. > How do I stop this from happening? > All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Your file associations are screwed up. Yo...

Show me these records
Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains street name of "ivycrest" and I have multiple streets. How do I do this? Please help? MS Access has records and MS Excel has columns. You would use a Query in MS Access and Find in MS Excel. Tammy wrote: > Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. > > I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains > street name of "ivycrest" > > and I have multiple st...

Record of attached file
Does anybody know how to make Outlook 2002 automatically insert the file name (of the file that is attached to the e-mail) at the bottom of the body of the message? example: <<test.xls>> Outlook Rich Text - files inserted in the body where the insertion point it. Plain Text - files inserted in window below the message body. HTML - files inserted in header just below the subject. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

How to limit insertion of records
I have two tables as follows: TABLE1: (BUSINESS TYPE) ===== ID Business Type (With a lookup choice like: Individual, Partnership, Company) TABLE2: (OWNERS) ===== ID Business Type (Looked up from Table1) Owners I want the Table2 based subform, to allow only a SINGLE record to be entered if an INDIVIDUAL business type is selected in the Table1 based main form, Maximum of SEVEN records if PARTNERSHIP business type is selected in the Table1 based main form, and UNLIMITED records if COMPANY business type is selected in the Table1 based main form. Any guidance shall be highl...

Visible for Current Record
Hi Groupies I have a subform that is set as continuous, the Employee ID field is set to not visible. What I would like is that when a user clicks on a name field for one of the subform records, the corresponding Employee ID becomes visible but only for that one record. When the focus moves to a different record the ID becomes invisible again and visible on the record that now has the focus. I have been able to make the ID field show up for all of the records in the subform but not just the one I am on. -- Thanks for the brainwaves! CJ -------------------- I blame the parents Well...

how to maintain of trace of record ownership?
Hi all, One of users will be out of the office for a longer period of time, hence she assigns her records (e.g. opportunities) to other users. Is there a way to build up record history for this? So that the records can later on be easily returned to the original owner. In other words, does MS CRM provide tracing of records? Thank you for replying. Basman Basman, The bad news is, CRM does not provide a way to trace assignment changes out of the box. (In fact, this is one of those strange areas where they don't even pass it through the post-callout mechanism.) If you have the Profe...

Opening Excel workbook on PC from Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I am experiencing challenges to open a workbook with a PC at work using office 2000 when I saved the file at home on my Mac using Excel 2008 (Leopard OS X 10.5.8). <br><br>I worked on my workbook at home, on my Mac without a problem opening the file saved from my PC at work. I am a new user of Mac Office Home edition and find it very easy to work with. I saved the format 97-2004 (.xls) and opening the next day at work, but I get very frustrated when I found the repaired file from office PC. Formulas...

Duplicate Records #2
I am not real proficient in Excel but received a large (18,000+) file from Data Processing in Excel to use for a mailing. My question is, I need to find duplicate addresses and delete those before I do the mailing. I work for the school district, so many families have more than one child in the district and they only need to receive one letter. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Kristy -- Kristy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kristy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37546 View this thread: http://w...

Mac people can't open my jpeg attachments
I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a jpeg as an attachment, most people can open it, but not those with Macs. It says "Windata" or something like that. This is new behavior, has not been a problem before. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. You need to send email in HTML or Plain Text, not RTF. "Janja" <Janja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD42A7FF-C449-4008-81E2-637D76FF11B8@microsoft.com... :I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to send a jpeg as an : attachment, most people ca...