sql sp4 to server

If I apply sql 2000 sp4 do I also need to apply sp4 to the desktop engine on
my laptop clients using outlook client?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I meant to say that If I apply sql sp4 to the CRM server (which is running
sql locally) will I also need to aplly sp4 to the MSDE instances on my laptop
users PC's using the Outlook client?  Sorry just a little anxious\nervous
when it comes  to CRM 1.2.  Trying to get to CRM 3.0

"dstinnett" wrote:

> If I apply sql 2000 sp4 do I also need to apply sp4 to the desktop engine on
> my laptop clients using outlook client?
Yes sp4 is required for the msde. But it will be installed during the setup
of the CRM 3.0 client.

See Implementation Guid chapter 16.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en

"dstinnett" wrote:

> I meant to say that If I apply sql sp4 to the CRM server (which is running
> sql locally) will I also need to aplly sp4 to the MSDE instances on my laptop
> users PC's using the Outlook client?  Sorry just a little anxious\nervous
> when it comes  to CRM 1.2.  Trying to get to CRM 3.0
>
> "dstinnett" wrote:
>
> > If I apply sql 2000 sp4 do I also need to apply sp4 to the desktop engine on
> > my laptop clients using outlook client?
thnaks for your reply, my concern is this I am currently on CRM 1.2 and I
need to apply sql sp4 on the CRM server to run the compatibility checker.  If
I apply sql sp4 to the server before the upgrade do I also need to apply msde
sp4 to continue running CRM 1.2.

"Henk Eizinga" wrote:

> Yes sp4 is required for the msde. But it will be installed during the setup
> of the CRM 3.0 client.
>
> See Implementation Guid chapter 16.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en
>
> "dstinnett" wrote:
>
> > I meant to say that If I apply sql sp4 to the CRM server (which is running
> > sql locally) will I also need to aplly sp4 to the MSDE instances on my laptop
> > users PC's using the Outlook client?  Sorry just a little anxious\nervous
> > when it comes  to CRM 1.2.  Trying to get to CRM 3.0
> >
> > "dstinnett" wrote:
> >
> > > If I apply sql 2000 sp4 do I also need to apply sp4 to the desktop engine on
> > > my laptop clients using outlook client?
For one of or customers we first installed sp4 on the sql-database. There
were no problems with the clients.

But if you want to be sure contact Microsoft.

"dstinnett" wrote:

> thnaks for your reply, my concern is this I am currently on CRM 1.2 and I
> need to apply sql sp4 on the CRM server to run the compatibility checker.  If
> I apply sql sp4 to the server before the upgrade do I also need to apply msde
> sp4 to continue running CRM 1.2.
>
> "Henk Eizinga" wrote:
>
> > Yes sp4 is required for the msde. But it will be installed during the setup
> > of the CRM 3.0 client.
> >
> > See Implementation Guid chapter 16.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en
> >
> > "dstinnett" wrote:
> >
> > > I meant to say that If I apply sql sp4 to the CRM server (which is running
> > > sql locally) will I also need to aplly sp4 to the MSDE instances on my laptop
> > > users PC's using the Outlook client?  Sorry just a little anxious\nervous
> > > when it comes  to CRM 1.2.  Trying to get to CRM 3.0

Add additional server for public folders
Hey all! Here is the current situation. We have a single Exchange server 2003 with 3 storage groups and one public folder store. Our public folder store and tree have just gotten out of control! I purchased hardware for a new server just to house the public folders. In the process of putting the public folders on the new server, i also want to clean up the existing tree. My question is, what is the best way to introduce a server just for public folders? How would i "move" the existing folders over to the new server? Thanks! Mike Setup the new Exchange server and use the Public Fol...

RE: server based archive solution
i was looking for a good server based email archive solutions...we currently have inidividual users using Outlook archive but i wanted to move the "responsibility" of archiving to the server-level ; the MSFT exchange sites lists some vendors (http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/archivingandcompliance.asp) but i was wondering what other people had used and what they liked/disliked about the product they chose (or evaluated) ; thanks for any help!! Honestly, it all depends upon your environment and what your business requirements are. One client had to find a financially/exc...

storage of messages on server
I am wondering how messages are store on the exchange server. Correct me if this is incorrect. One message gets sent to 10 users on the same server. The message is only stored once with pointers pointing to the message. When I move the users mailbox to another server, it stores the message 10 times.Once for each users mailbox. Does this sound right? Kevin On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:00:48 -0600, "cst112" <cst112no-spam-please@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am wondering how messages are store on the exchange server. Correct me if >this is incorrect. > >One message gets se...

Server could not be found in Outlook #2
I can send / receive e-mails in Freeserve e-mail program, however cannot in Outlook and I'd rather use Outlook. Error message: The server could not be found error number 0x800ccc0d Any suggestions? ...

ISA Server 2006: Exchange publishing
Hi, I am lost, please help! I can't get OWA and OMA/exchange-activesync to work at the same time using a single listener/ip address. I thought a big benefit of ISA 2k6 was that one can publish everything using one single external ip address? I want to use FBA for OWA. In the listener I configure ISA to use FBA (on isa level) but when I do that OMA doesn't work anymore. When I set the listener to basic authentication however OMA (and exchange active sync) works fine but than I don't have the ISA FBA anymore, which is obvious. How can I make both work at the same time? I now...

Best way to decommission the following Exch2000 servers
Just want to confirm what's the best way to decomission: a) Win2000 Exch2000 Server - SMTP connector that in which box (same name) I will install Win2003 Exch2003 instead ? Should I just run Exchange 2000 uninstall ? b) Win2000 FE 2000 Again, just run uninstall ? Assume those are not the 'first' Exchange servers in the organization. See answers inline -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u6zIFyrDFHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Just want to confirm...

Server Failures
Hello Friends, Some mail are stuck in exchange server and shown up in Sync Issues>Server Failures in Outlook. Is thier any way to change setting so that all those mail are shown in Inbox or Spam folder. Is their any way to resolve server failures. All user using exchange is complaing that they dont receive mail from other users. When i check thoses are in Server failure folder. Thanks Regards Gureey On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Gureey <Gureey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Friends, > >Some mail are stuck in exchange server and shown up in Sync Issue...

Removing Exchnage 5.5 server from Exchange Organization
We have installed an Exchange 2003 servers in an existing one Exchange 5.5 server organization and Moved all the mailboxes and folders accros to Exchange 2003. Now we are planning to remove Exchange 5.5 from the organization. Is there something I need to be aware of before removing Exchange 5.5 server? Can it cause any problem? I would appriciate any suggestion, gudence or reference. Thank you for your help. Regards M.T. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:30:01 -0700, "M. T." <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Moving from a single E2k3 server to a FE/BE E2k3 environment
I have a single server that is currently doing OWA with forms authenication and RPC over HTTPS. I would like to take away those frontend functions to a dedicated server. I have the new server setup and marked it as a frontend server in the Exchange server settings. What do I need to disable on the backend so the new frontend will function correctly. Without disabling anything on the backend, when I go to OWA on the frontend server it redirects me to the backend's OWA. Any help would be appreciated. thanks On 10 Oct 2006 09:46:21 -0700, willie44@gmail.com wrote: >I have a single ser...

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

bp server and e-mailing server lowest price Waiting for u #3
We have been supplying BP server and mailing server since 1999. All of these servers have been entered into main USA,Canada,Europen and other counteries. Believe in us,we had been the best BP server and mailing server facilitator we continuously improve our product /service system and truly value all your suggestions and comments. Balance is the most important princible of us(big smile to u) Bullet Proof servers: 4 IPs 1024MB RAM DDR P4 2.4 CPU 80 GB Dedicated 100 M fiber Unlimited Data Transfer Linux/Windows/FreeBSD &nbsp; price:$ 500 mailing server 64 IPs 2G RAM DDR P4 2.4 80 GB Linux/...

How to have different environments in same server
We need to have different environments to deployment: demo, development, and production. Is there any way to deploy different environment in the same server, using for example, different SQL Server Instances, and different IIS Virtual Servers? This just isn't possible. Only one Crm instance can be installed per server. The way to setup this up on one hardware box is to use Virtual PC or Virtual server. And just create a new virtual image for each environment you want to use. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "P.Igualada" wrote: &g...

Help setting up my servers
It seems like i entered my POP3 and SMTP correctly but at the time of sending a message it asks me to verify my username and password and when I enter it the same verification boxs pops out again. I hVE Yahoo messaging and entered pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. What am I doing wrong? Is my username my email address? Im confused now.P The free Yahoo account in the U.S. doesn't provide POP3 access. If you have the Yahoo Plus account, then you can access their POP3 server... see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html http://help.yah...

SendTo not working implemented in Server
Dear VC.MFCers, I would like to know how to send SendTo in a server application that means Client sends the data in TCP and Server will send the data back to Client in UDP. I checked my Client OnReceive and I receive none. This is the snippet (Server side) Receive(mysocket *client) { count=client->Receive(buff,size); if(!c ) { sersock1.setparent(this); sersock1.Create(PORT_VIDEO_A,SOCK_DGRAM); c=TRUE; } if(buff[0]==TYPE1) { sersock1.SendTo(buff,count,PORT_A,sersock1.ip); return; } } See below... On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 03:45:08 -0700 (PDT), Re...

Outlook Crashes while synching with Exchange server
my outlook 2002 crashes while i do a send receive......I am able to receive mails but it just freezes while the sending session is in progress.........the error info says that there is a IPF in module msvcrt.dll I have Office XP service pack 2 installed on the machine......... ...

Communication between Exchange 5.5 servers
We just got a second Exchange 5.5 server. Both of them are running on WIN2K. The servers are physically located at different locations, but we are leaning more towards configuring them to be in the same site so that we can utilize the "Move Mailbox" feature. My question is, with the servers being within the same site, is there a way to control when the servers communicate with each other, to limit the use of our WAN during peak hours? I will greatly appreciate any information you provide me. Best regards, Roger Settle roger_settle@yahoo.com No. Putting them in the ...

Exchange and Lotus Notes server interface
Hi, How can we have Microsoft CRM where Lotus Notes server is used. At users end we have Microsoft Outlook. How a mail will be sent and received by CRM users, We don't want to have Notes connectors between Exhange and Lotus Domino. Bye, Nitin You have a few options. 1) We did an installation where we used Exchange & the Lotus/Exchange connector to synch between the 2. 2) If you are OK wiht just outbound email, then you can trick CRM into using outbound SMTP by writing a replacement web service to repalce the default one used to send mail. 3) You could write processing to ha...

windows server 2008
Hi All, Fresh installation on the server. I face problem with windows server 2008 were SQL server 2005 is installed. While SQL server had been configured it had thrown up a message 'This program as known compatipility issues' and it had asked me to check for the online update were it said "This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of Windows and this version of Visual Studio 2005. This program was created by Microsoft". It asked to install Visual studio 2005 SP1 and Visual studio 2005 SP1 update for windows vista. Before installing SQL ser...

Concept of Offline Exchange Server
Can someone explain the high-level process in accomplishing a stand-by secondary Exchange 2003 server? I am NOT seeking clustering - please no clustering info as I know this already. I am thinking of poor man's method of standing up a second server with identical server name and identical Exchange setup but have the Exchange 2003 services on the second server is set at manual startup. Goal: ==== Not to use a SHARED storage hence NO clustering info requested. My question is: ========== (1) HOW do accomplish having the same server name for the second server on the network without af...

2008 server unable to ping sbs 2003 box
All, Recently purchased a new 2008 server. I added this new server to our SBS 2003 environment. I was able to JOIN the sbs domain. My problem now is that I can not ping the sbs box or any other TS server on the network. I assigned the new server the following IP information: IP address: 192.168.1.11 Mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 DNS 192.168.1.2 (this is the SBS box) Our SBS box is using one NIC card. We have a router that is handling our firewall. Thank you, Th...

MORE SQL Insert in VBA
After some kind help from 'mscertified' yesterday, I need some help in the following in VBA: Insert into Pend_Link_Table (LinkID, Route_ID) Values (LinkID, Route) LinkID is numeric and Route is a string, with corresponding data types in the table. I'm lost in &'s, ', and " Many thanks for you kind assistance, Pat. Pat, this might help so you don't have to keep asking every time you need a SQL string: Quotation marks within quotes at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-17.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access ...

Outlook using POP3 server to send email
I just recently re-formatted my hard drive, and installed Outlook 2003. When I send certain emails, they go through fine. But when I send others (it seems as those that I reply to or that I am forwarding), I get an error message: "Task 'incoming.verizon.net-Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78): 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <my email address>'. Also, when the send/receive progress box comes on, there are 4 lines: "incoming.v...

What means Event ID 1016 on Exchange Server 5.5 (security breach ?
Hello all, We use any Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. What means Event ID 1016, when user X is logged on to the mailbox of user Y (displayed in Mailbox Resources in Microsoft Exchange Administrator 5.5)? User X has no rights to the mailbox of user Y. And user X is not a delegation of user Y. User Y could have administrator rights. User X has his mailbox on another Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 as user Y. The eventlog of the Exchange Server of user Y has the diagnostics logging level 'minimum'. The diagnostics logging level of the eventlog of the Exchange Server of user ...

Cross-server authentication
Hello, I am attempting a CRM integration with a web app that we would like to host on a separate server from the CRM server. Our challenge is to find an authentication mechanism that will prevent users that have not authenticated with CRM from typing in the URL of our application directly. I know there is a PassParams=1 setting that can be added to the integration config file to pass the CRM object GUID, but that only passes the GUID when you are within a CRM object's page (like the accounts). It doesn't pass anything if you have an integration tab on the homepage. We need authent...

Select WMI objects and import into SQL
I have been trying to figure out how to import information collected from WMI objects from multiple servers and import directly into SQL table, not via csv's or anything. Does anyone have an example or instructions? -- PoShNoob I've used a technique where I convert a WMI object/collection (or any Powershell object) into an array of System.Data.DataTable (in memory ADO.NET) and then use the .NET 2.0 SqlBulkCopy class to load the in-memory object into a SQL table. The technique is described in an article I wrote for SQL Server Central: http://www.sqlservercentral.c...