SQL Server reporting services

Has anyone tried to install the new SQL Server reporting
services on a server running CRM and SQL Server?  I'm
getting an error during install saying that the data base
is invalid but i've applied all the right service packs as
far as i can tell.  So the only thing i can think of is
that the CRM is causing issues.
0
Robert
5/21/2004 8:48:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Need help in getting logged into my terminal server
Need help in getting logged into my terminal server I keeping getting this message:To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have this right. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually. help Ihuoma On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:26:31 -0800, ihuoma <ihuoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Need help in getting lo...

Transactions in SQL Server 2005
A stored procedure loops through a cursor. For each entry it invokes another stored procedure. That other stored procedure updates table other than was defined in the cursor. After so many updates, the other stored procedure commits work. Would the commit in other stored procedure affect the cursor? Thanks in advance On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 01:39:51 -0500, "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >A stored procedure loops through a cursor. For each entry it invokes >another stored procedure. That other stored procedure updates table other >than was defi...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server using Earthlink dial-up
Our remote sales reps all use Earthlink dial-up software to connect to the Internet, and then open up Outlook to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server to check/send/receive e-mail. They use Outlook 2000, and have offline folders set up. All has worked well until this morning. Now, they all get the message, "Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this condition exists." The first thing that I thought of was that Earthlink has all of a sudden started blocking access to the ports that Exchange requires....

deploy of moss 2007 into existing environment of project server 20
I have installed project server 2007 installation in two server First is Front End Application Server and Second is Backend Database Server . I want to know after deploy sharepoint server 2007 in existing project server 2007 environment . I will start Office Sharepoint search . but I dont want to designate this application server as an Index and Query Server. and dont want to another server . I am deploying SharePoint Server 2007 in Project Server 2007 enviroment only for use automated proposal feature of Project Server 2007 . http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc1...

Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to prov
Check this Out -- Our service is simple, list your home with us and you only pay if we sell it. It is as simple as that. We do not ask for a sole agency tie-in period, putting the onus on us to provide excellent customer service and a successful sale at the right price. www.shopndiscount.com ...

SQL Query Assistance
Hi I have created an advanced find view which I have exported to a dynamic worksheet. I have noticed that the 'Customer' and 'Resource' columns disappear when I export to a worksheet. I have attempted to edit the query and include the customer however I cannot seem to get the correct results. The original query was: SELECT serviceappointment.subject , serviceappointment.scheduledstart, serviceappointment.scheduledend, serviceappointment.regardingobjectidname , serviceappointment.activityid , serviceappointme...

IIS OWA HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? Here is the fix!! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;883380 >-----Original Message----- >We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to >ac...

Moving Mailboxes to another server #2
Hello! It's my understanding that by moving mailboxes from one server to another in the same organization should be transparent to the user. Well, It's not happening to me. After I move a user, from 'server A' to 'server B' or the other way, Outlook reports errror "8004011d", saying the server is not available. Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks! --Ana Maria How long did you wait? AD needs to replicate the new home server. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Ana Maria wrote: > Hello! > > It's my unders...

Excel Services Publish
I have a 64 bit client (Windows Server 2008) and my colleague has Windows 7 64 bit client. We are trying to publish an Excel 2007 document to MOSS, which is running under https, and is sitting on a 64 bit operating system. We keep getting the "File Not Saved" error when we try to publish from our clients. However, a 3rd colleague has Windows XP 32 bit and can publish the same exact Excel files just fine up to the very same MOSS location we tried on the 64 bit clients. Can someone from MSFT confirm that this is an issue with 64 bit clients? Can you present a solut...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

RMSHQ on Windows Server 2008
Anybody have experience running the RMS Headquarders Server & Client on a Windows Server 2008 operating system? We are looking to upgrade our application server to Windows Server 2008. On this server i would need to be able to run the RMS HQ Server and the HQ Client application. Just curious if anybody has good or bad news about running these applications on Windwos Server 2008. Thanks in advance for your feedback. -- Regards, Andy Miller DirectPOS - Boise, Idaho andym@directpos.com (208) 376-8121 x244 www.directpos.com I'm not sure yet but we run HQ v1.2 and just p...

Recovery server #4
Hi, I am setting up a recovery server to restore an online backup of the info store of an Exchange 2003 server. I can not use the recovery storage group as it is a snapshot backup and not supported by Symantec. I know that the log file path does not matter but does the database path matter? I have done this restore to a recovery server in earlier versions of exchange without issue. The only diffenences in this case is that 1- I am restoring from a snapshot backup 2- I got lazy and recreated the recovery server with only a C: and the production server has the exchange databases on ...

Getting a report to Filter
On my Form I have a Print Preview Control My Form / has a Text Box [tbHorseID] Control Source [HorseID] My Report/ rptHorseInfoOwner Control Source is a query that has Field [qHorseNameSourceAddMode.HorseID] Print Preview Button, On Click: DoCmd.OpenReport "rptHorseInfoOwner", acViewPreview, , "HorseID = " & HorseID '****Yellow***** I am trying to get the Report to Filter HorseID in Form to HorseID in the query Thankful if anyone can help.....Bob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:%23A43ApznHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

Fresh SQL Server 2008 install
I've installed SQL Server 2008 SP1 (developer) on my machine (Windows XP) and am having some issues with SSIS and SSRS - which is a pisser, cause that's why I bought it. MS will connect to databases and Analysis Services (whatever that is) just fine, however, I get the following errors in SSIS & SSRS: Reporting Services: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to JAY\MSSQL2008. ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The username or password is not valid or you do not have permission to ac...

Postcallout not working on seperate SQL server?
Hi I have developed a post call out using C#. It works 100% perfectly when it deploed on a single server deployment. i.e CRM 1.2, Exchange, MSSQL-2000, Window 2003 SBS, all on one Machine. When I tried to deploy SAME postcall out dll in a separate SQL server which runs on Windows 2003 Standard server and CRM server is separately running on Virtual server(Pointing to above SQL database), Post call out does not fire up! I have properly registred Postcall out on SQL CRM Metabase and com component is registred with no error on seperate sql server machine. I am using following components on C# p...

Stock Option Reporting
I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock Options? SMc In microsoft.public.money, shaunx4 wrote: >I am trying to run a Capital Gains report but my Stock Options are not >showing up on the report. Does anyone know a work around to report on Stock >Options? If you are looking at Reports->CapitalGains report in Money 2006 Deluxe, why would your employee stock option be expected to show up on that report? Maybe I should have clarrified. I am trying to view stock options th...

Connection string
Hello, what is the "best" method to query a MS SQL Server with Excel and ADO? These are the options: 1) SQL native Client (ODBC) 2) SQL Server (ODBC) 3) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server 4) .Net Providers (but I could not find a free one) I have been using 3), however, I get a timeout after 30 sec with complicated queries and I cannot find the reason for this. (I tested and did not get timeouts with 2). There are no timeouts set to 30 on the SQL-Server, the connection string etc. regards arno > 3) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server > timeouts 30 on th...

Sales Pipeline Report #2
Anybody had problems with this report in terms of the group by Date function. Cannot get the date order of the report to work in terms of ordering by Estimated Close date. Am posting here in the attempt to get anyone out there to help me please... have been pulling my hair out in looking at the query in this report to work out how to order by Estimated Close Date! Thanks in advance, Charlie Absolutely. The CRM 4.0 Sales Pipeline report group by Date does not work correctly when using non-US CRM date formats. I have logged this as an issue with MSFT support, who accept there is a ...

Importing Excel file without server access
I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel file. My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way, through automation, that I can then import the file from ...

outlook can't talk to smtp server
i'm getting an error when i try to send with outlook under xp pro: Task 'pop51.bellnet.ca (1) - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' this is strange because when i use the "test settings" button on the accounts dialog all tests pass and the test message gets sent. when i try to send using outlook express, everything goes fine as long as i send to myself. wh...

Management Reporter
Hi, Please can you explain to me why if MR is run on IIS why it cannot be accessed as a website and instead seems to need a MR client installed? If it is possible to run \ view reports via Internet - how do I go about doing this please? I ask as my client wishes to have MR incorporated into their Sharepoint website - please advise if this is possible and if so then how? Thank you Neil ...

Process Id for Service
I have spent hours looking for this and just can't find how to to get the process id of a service running on a given machine. I have a service As System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController in hand but I can't seem to connect the dots to get the correct Process Id. We have multple instances of the same app running for different customers and I need to know at a glance which instance is connected to what Process Id. Anyone know how to do this? Tom C wrote: > We have multple instances of the same app running for different > customers and I need to know at a glance which ins...

Starting a service from the command line?
Is there a command line syntax to stop/start or restart the "Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks" service? We are finding the connector for 2003 to 5.5 is slow and restarting the service helps. I would like a comand line so I can make a batch file to schedule every 2 hours to stop/start or restart the service. Thanks. "G-Man" <g_foreman@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:110pct4sk7a0m10@news.supernews.com... > Is there a command line syntax to stop/start or restart the "Microsoft > Exchange MTA Stacks" service? > > We are finding the connector ...

Administrating an Upgraded Exchange 2003 Server..
This is really a preliminary enquiry... I have to perform an "in-place upgrade" of an existing Exchange 2000 Standard server, this is to take advantage of the max 75GB database size limit offered by Exchange 2003 Server SP2. I have performed a lab upgrade of a test 2000 Exchange Server and it worked perfectly, very straightforward it was too! My problem is that a Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) communicates with the existing Exchange 2000 box and the BES box has Exchange 2000 Server Manager installed and working on it. The Blackberry people have posed the question ...

Service Call Escalations
Hi, I am trying to get service call escalations to work so that an email is sent when an escalation is done. Please help with the steps required. I am using the vs10 fabrikam database. To date I have: 1. Setup a service call escalation - from status Entered to Dispatched assigned to technician NEIL. This technician has been setup to use service the items found under the equipment configuration for the equiment piece on the service call. The technician also has a schedule of 8am-5pm each day. An email address has been setup for this technician. 2. Created a service call and assigned it to...