SQL Server Name error

I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework that
says:

"Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"

Anybody have any ideas for me.


0
Brian
4/5/2004 2:47:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
642 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

Are you installing it on the same machine that you already have CRM installed
on?  Sounds like it might not be finding the registry entries from the main
install.

Matt Parks

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:47:20 -0500, "Brian Mahloch" <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
wrote:

I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework that
says:

"Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"

Anybody have any ideas for me.


0
Matt
4/5/2004 6:11:42 PM
Yes I am.  But I will scan through the registry and look for issues.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
news:098370lqcj2mma25nhln0giata2js7nvi5@4ax.com...
> Are you installing it on the same machine that you already have CRM
installed
> on?  Sounds like it might not be finding the registry entries from the
main
> install.
>
> Matt Parks
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:47:20 -0500, "Brian Mahloch"
<bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework that
> says:
>
> "Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"
>
> Anybody have any ideas for me.
>
>


0
Brian
4/5/2004 9:53:55 PM
Does the web app seem to be working properly?  Also check the event log to see
if there's anything in there.

Matt Parks

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:53:55 -0500, "Brian Mahloch" <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
wrote:

Yes I am.  But I will scan through the registry and look for issues.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
news:098370lqcj2mma25nhln0giata2js7nvi5@4ax.com...
> Are you installing it on the same machine that you already have CRM
installed
> on?  Sounds like it might not be finding the registry entries from the
main
> install.
>
> Matt Parks
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:47:20 -0500, "Brian Mahloch"
<bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework that
> says:
>
> "Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"
>
> Anybody have any ideas for me.
>
>


0
Matt
4/6/2004 4:43:46 PM
Web app appears to be functioning the fine, no errors reported.  Nothing
shows up in the event viewer other than "Installation of Data Migration
Framework Failed".  That when I ran the /L* switch using MSIEXEC and found
the

"Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"

Error.  I am completely stumped at this point.  The only thing I can think
of is before I installed CRM the sql server's name was changed.

I ran the sp_dropserver and sp_addserver procedures to reflect the name
change but wasn't aware until after installation the old server name still
existed, along with the new.

I ran the dropserver proc again and now its gone.  Don't know if that would
have an impact?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ugn5709j9k616v85tku030blto2th4thr5@4ax.com...
> Does the web app seem to be working properly?  Also check the event log to
see
> if there's anything in there.
>
> Matt Parks
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:53:55 -0500, "Brian Mahloch"
<bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> Yes I am.  But I will scan through the registry and look for issues.
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:098370lqcj2mma25nhln0giata2js7nvi5@4ax.com...
> > Are you installing it on the same machine that you already have CRM
> installed
> > on?  Sounds like it might not be finding the registry entries from the
> main
> > install.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> >
> > ----------------------------------------
> > ----------------------------------------
> > On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:47:20 -0500, "Brian Mahloch"
> <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework
that
> > says:
> >
> > "Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"
> >
> > Anybody have any ideas for me.
> >
> >
>
>


0
Brian
4/6/2004 9:44:49 PM
It could be related.  One downside to the tight integration between CRM and the
other components is that is is extremely sensitive if things are not installed
"cleanly".  It's odd though that the web app is working fine and it's the DMF
install that's failing.

One thing you might try is to go into Deployment Manager and then into Server
Manager.  Right click on the CRM server and select to modify the SQL
registration (not sure the exact name, but it's obvious).  Use this the reset
the linkage to the SQL server.  It might clear something up that go bypassed
previously.

Other than that, I don't know what else to recommend except starting over
(including re-installing SQL).

Matt Parks

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:44:49 -0500, "Brian Mahloch" <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
wrote:

Web app appears to be functioning the fine, no errors reported.  Nothing
shows up in the event viewer other than "Installation of Data Migration
Framework Failed".  That when I ran the /L* switch using MSIEXEC and found
the

"Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"

Error.  I am completely stumped at this point.  The only thing I can think
of is before I installed CRM the sql server's name was changed.

I ran the sp_dropserver and sp_addserver procedures to reflect the name
change but wasn't aware until after installation the old server name still
existed, along with the new.

I ran the dropserver proc again and now its gone.  Don't know if that would
have an impact?

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ugn5709j9k616v85tku030blto2th4thr5@4ax.com...
> Does the web app seem to be working properly?  Also check the event log to
see
> if there's anything in there.
>
> Matt Parks
>
> ----------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:53:55 -0500, "Brian Mahloch"
<bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
> wrote:
>
> Yes I am.  But I will scan through the registry and look for issues.
>
> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@RemoveToX_XYahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:098370lqcj2mma25nhln0giata2js7nvi5@4ax.com...
> > Are you installing it on the same machine that you already have CRM
> installed
> > on?  Sounds like it might not be finding the registry entries from the
> main
> > install.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> >
> > ----------------------------------------
> > ----------------------------------------
> > On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:47:20 -0500, "Brian Mahloch"
> <bmahloch@rhinosystems.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I keep getting an error when installing the Data Migration Framework
that
> > says:
> >
> > "Setup cannot proceeed because it failed to get the SQL server name"
> >
> > Anybody have any ideas for me.
> >
> >
>
>


0
Matt
4/6/2004 10:45:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Enabling ssl on exchange server for smartphone device's
How do i enable ssl access for smart phone devices in exchange server? "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in news:uhsDsj8EHHA.1248 @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > How do i enable ssl access for smart phone devices in exchange server? Best way is to use an ssl enabled front end server. Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Migrating CRM 3.0 to a New Server OS.
I’ve purchased a new Server for our CRM 3.0 application and was wondering if there was a procedure to migrate the CRM application to its new server. The OS type (W2k3) is not being changed, just upgrading to a new server platform. -- GT It depends on whether or not you are running SQL on the same server or not. If SQL is on a seperate server, the process is pretty simple. You can install CRM on the new server and use the existing dtabases on the SQL machine. You will need to update any Outlook clients though to point to the new server URL. If SQL is on the same machine, the steps a...

Exchange web pages giving "unspecified error" when tryin to access
Hi, I just recently installed Exchange 2003 Standard, and everything seems to be working on the mail side (so far) while testing. But the web pages are not displaying correctly, and I really don't want to re-install after getting it all prepped. The default IIS page still displays, but I'm getting "unspecified error" displayed on the page when I try to access Exchange. In event log, I get this from MSExchangeDSAccess: Process IISIPMFD58842E-9022-4716-8A76-7C9F0A46EF36 -T 20 -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=208). The shared memory heap could not be created. And...

FQDN vs Domain DNS name error
A user got the following error msg when she tried to send mail to a Comcast address recently: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <netbiosname.subdomain.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;521-EHLO/HELO from sender 12.34.56.78 does not map to netbiosname.subdomain.domain.com in DNS> In ESM->...Protocols->SMTP->Default SMTP virtual server properties->Delivery->Advanced the Fully-qualified domain name was set to the NetBIOS name of the server vs the public DNS name. I changed it to...

calculating the name of a worksheet
is there a way to create a formula that changes the name of a sheet within another formula. In other words, the following is a reference to an external workbook within an IF Function -- '[SDS.xls]we121'!$L$3. The sheet name we121 will change on a wkly basis by 7 days. I would like to have the formula automatically look at the worksheet that is we121+7 OR we128. Is it possible? Thank you. One way to consider Earmark a cell say, A1 to contain the numbers: 121, 128, etc Then we could put in say, A2: =INDIRECT("[SDS.xls]we"&A1&"!$L$3") If A1 contains: 1...

messages on server
Where can I find a good explanation of "leaving messages on the server"? How do I access them? How do they show up on my outlook? how do I delete them? Normally Outlook will delete the messages from your POP3 (incoming) mail server after it downloads them. With that setting enabled, the messages won't be deleted. You normally access them via Outlook which has downloaded them or via a web mail client. You can delete them from the web mail client also "ajb" <al@thebehrs.net> wrote in message news:D6A0E327-3461-4F66-8A44-CF154749E0F4@microsoft.com... >...

user name history
Not sure what you call this. When I open a website and I have to type in the user name, after the first letter it predicts the user name. However I have typed many errors so when this happens I have about 7 names appear, is there a way to delete the error ones? thanks SS wrote: > Not sure what you call this. > > When I open a website and I have to type in the user name, after the first > letter it predicts the user name. > However I have typed many errors so when this happens I have about 7 names > appear, is there a way to delete the error ones? ...

Printing get error: "Unable print because paper setting out of ran
I get the subject error (traduction from italian, sorry), so I can't print anyway my calendar. Here's the error stamp http://www.allfreeportal.com/imghost/images/962474err.JPG I did: - Reinstalled office - Try changing all parameters available on paper size - Remove and reinstall printer... Nothing good :(( How I can restore original parameters of layout of calender? Regards and thanks Did try deleting the outlprnt file? paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the fo...

Scheduled CRM SQL Jobs
Are the following Jobs important to be run on the SQL server for a CRM3.0 installation: Start_Incremental on Company_Name_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5] and CompanyName_MSCRM.Update Contract States Does it matter if these do not run. i.e. could I delete these jobs? They are scheduled but fail every time they try to run. For the 1st job a get the following error: The Job was invoked by Schedule 5 (Indexed Document Title Schedule). The last step to run was step 1 (Full-Text Indexing). For the 2nd job I get this error: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 7 (Update Contract Stat...

What Is The Name This Chart Type
Greeting, I would like to build a chart for scheduling workers. What I would like is a chart with time across the top and workers down the left side. There are a number of jobs to be done each day. These jobs range from 1 to 20 hours, most are 2 to 4 hours. The time is broken down by 12 minute intervals. I need to assign each worker as many jobs as they can handle. I saw a chart that was set up with time across the and workers down the side and the jobs are blocked off in the time the job took, in the row of the worker. Each worker is blocking off from 1 to 4 jobs a day. Somethin...

error #2
Hi, I had a vc++6 project. I had developed another project in vc++ NET 2003. I wanted some functionality from the new project in the old project. SO I converted the old project to .sln. I then took files from the new project and then added to the created solution. I get these errors though afxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)" (??_U@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)" (??_V@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSV...

Reg Sql Server 2005 Full and Differential Backup
Hi I am create a full backup every day at 1am and from morning 7am onwards differential back until night 11pm (as a single file for 24 hours) next day new file. if i open and restore the backup it show like this Example ----------- FUll backup 120020 Diff at 7 am 123580 Diff at 8 am 124430 Diff at 9 am 124430 Diff at 10 am 128430 Diff at 11 am 129490 Diff at 12 pm 131430 Diff at 1 pm 131430 Diff at 2 pm 123331 (the is a great change in size) Like this upto 11pm. but in middle of the diff . backup the is a size different . and i can able to restore upto 1pm. but can...

Cannot Access Reports. CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 on Separated Servers
I have CRM 3.0 and MS SQL 2005 64 bits on separated servers. When i access the Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contact the system administrator. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 14, 1:06 pm, Allan Macha...

@how to select Name Box from ...
Sir, How to select Name box and Formula Bar from keyboard? And how to rename a worksheet tab from keyboard? thanks in advance. San The F2 key will cause Excel to enter Edit mode. If the "Edit In Cell" option is enabled, focus will be in the edit mode of the cell. If "Edit In Cell" is not enabled, focus goes to the formula bar. For your other questions, you can only address them with code. To set focus in the Name dialog, paste the following in a code module: Public Declare Function SetFocus Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Long Pu...

how do I remove my name from the top of the page when printing
I don't want my name to print on the top of the page when I print out my contacts. I want to pass out the contact information to my business agents but my name appears at teh top of every page. How can I get rid of my name "Engineers98" <Engineers98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF9AFF8D-222E-4903-B430-C16BCED3ED44@microsoft.com... > I don't want my name to print on the top of the page when I print out my > contacts. I want to pass out the contact information to my business > agents > but my name appears at teh top of eve...

error in Pivot grand total
Hi I'm having trouble with the grand total in my pivot. It doesn't calculate right I have 4 numbers -3,101000000000000000000000000000 -7,663000000000000000000000000000 3,101000000000000000000000000000 7,663000000000000000000000000000 Added toghether these should become 0, and they do if i use the SUM function But my grand total in the pivot calculates it to a very smal decimal number. 0,000000000000000888178419700125 Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? "Magnus" <mamc@korsnas.se> wrote in message news:19b101c38d9d$8efdb780$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I...

Exchange Task Wizard
Hi~ Anyone know of a way to set the default server and mailbox store presented in Exchange Task Wizard GUI - Move Mailbox ? Thanks, Itrcb4 make the one you want shown first alphabetically. this probably means creating a brand new server and information store, but it's the option you have short of writing your own tool/script for moving objects. "itrcb4" <itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C951CAEC-B2FB-4EAE-AB72-3F967365250A@microsoft.com... > Hi~ Anyone know of a way to set the default server and mailbox store > presented in Exchange T...

SMTP virtual server will recieve mail but will not send
In the ques SMTP virtual server all messages show as queued but do not send. ISP is Earthlink and 2 MX point to the domai "environmentalresearchinc.com. the "a" address points to the pop server. all incoming mails are recieved, POP connector is used to recieve from 2 different ISP's. No mail ever gets sent. Sounds like DNS is broken. What do your logs say? "Tom "pcdoc"" <Tom "pcdoc"@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4E89B5B-EAC0-4B6C-B3F3-7E047FABE9F3@microsoft.com... > In the ques SMTP virtual server all messag...

CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 SP2
Hi, Is CRM 3.0 fully compatible with SQL 2005 SP2? I read that some functions will fail. Thanks, John We are running CRM with SQL Server 2005 and testing it extensively. So far, we have found no SQL Server related failures. We are comparing the results against our previous experience of running CRM against SQL Server 2000. The only thing is that when you install SQL Server 2005, you MUST enable the SQL Server Agent to be installed during setup. The option to do this is DESELECTED by default in the SQL Server 2005 setup program (whereas other SQL Server setups have the Server Agent selec...

Locking down smtp virtual server
Does anyone know of a documents, or have done it themselves in how to lock down outgoing mail for only authenticated users to be able to send e-mails using the virtual server. Do I need to setup 2 virtual servers, one to send for autheticated users and one to receive for anonymous users. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Amador Assuming your talking about Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003, thats how it is configured by default, only authenticated users can send via your SMTP Virtual Server. -- Mark Fugatt "Amador Gomez" <amador@pcerrors.net> wrote in message n...

New User with weird error
I have always been a quicken user but this weekend we decided to move over to Microsoft Money because it appears to be a superior product. We added our accounts and everything looks like it went great. I see our Credit card, checking and savings accounts in there. When I look at the Savings and Credit Card accounts everything is perfect but when I look at the Checking all our data in not in there. Our Check register only has from 2/15 to 3/1. it should have from 2/1 to 4/15. So when I look at the accounts Home Page I see the "transactions to read:263" so I click that an...

SQL Server Express 2008 installation Problem
I have an existing SQL Server Express 2005 running on a Vista 64bit. I need to keep this as i'm supporting production 2005 installations. I'm attempting to install SQL Server Express 2008 on the same box. I'm getting 'SQL Server Express 2008 with Service Pack 1 is uncompatible with Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005' Can anyone advise me on this? -- Joe Reiss Jackson Creek Software, Inc. www.emc2library.com Live Long and Prosper \\// On 2009-12-10 19:31, Photon wrote: > > I have an existing SQL Server Express 2005 running on a Vista 64bit...

Error message when building check batch in TWO
I am trying to get a test file out of TWO to see if Safepay can generate the file I need. When trying to build a check batch in TWO, I get the following message: a get/change operation on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_SETP' cannot find the table Does this mean that EFT for payables is not fully installed in TWO? Many thanks, Jackie ------=_NextPart_0001_86EC2C7C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jackie, Thank you for including the complete error message that you receive when trying to build the check batch. As you suggested, all company databases need to...

Why is it continuously contacting server
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Ever since then, outlook is almost continuously contacting the server. It does this so often that i barely have time to delete messages or even read them. I ran diagnostics and nothing was found. It is running my limited download up to near 90% and I am getting notices from my ISP on this. How can I fix this? "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9703D30-571F-44FE-91D8-ED2CB6A2CC5D@microsoft.com... >I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Why? Uninstalling and re-install...

Error Message #28
Person A has Excel 2000 and is receiving files from Person B with Excel 2002. When Person A opens Person B files, she gets the standard (dis)enable macros, followed by a "Read-Only" message. After that Excel crashes with a Program Error of "Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." I have Excel 2002 and have no problem with the file. When I try to resave the file in Excel 97-2002 version, it is VBA protected with a password and I cannot SaveAs. I had Person A contact Person B and have THEM save the file in 97-...