SQL Server limit question

Hello there!

It seems that we are about to exceed the 8000 bytes SQL Server limit. I
found in this newsgroup some aswers about it, though not quite easy
ones....My question is "this limit is per table, eg we cannot add a schema
in AcountsBase, or it is in total, we cannot add a schema nowhere???"

Thanks a lot,

Elena

0
SiEBEN
7/29/2004 12:56:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Elena:

The limit is 8000 bytes (roughly) for each entity in the CRM.  So that means
you get 8K for Accounts, 8K for Contacts, 8K for Leads, etc.

Dave

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello there!
>
> It seems that we are about to exceed the 8000 bytes SQL Server limit. I
> found in this newsgroup some aswers about it, though not quite easy
> ones....My question is "this limit is per table, eg we cannot add a schema
> in AcountsBase, or it is in total, we cannot add a schema nowhere???"
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Elena

0
Dave

OWA
I am looking to run OWA through ISA 2004 box - connected to a front end exchange 2003. ISA 2004 is running on a Windows 2003 Server SP1 box, front end is Exchange 2003 SP2. Back end server (mail box server) is Windows 2003 box, SP1, and exchange 2003 SP1. (I know SP versions on exchange should be the same - but OWA works fine on the front end when connecting to the back end). ISA 2004 is confirgured and web mail server set up. We are are using forms based authenticication and when inserting the URL of the ISA server into the web browser the connection through to the front end is good (...

Problem with CRM 3.0 with 64 bit AMD database server
Hi. we have implemented a CRM installation to a customer. The CRM server is 32 bit 2 processor Xeon processor. The database server is AMD 64 bit 2 processor server with 8 GB Ram. =DDt runs SQL 2005. there is a web interface which is used by external users such as vendors and resellers. they search for the customers and cerate orders for them. there are Mobile phones using a JAVA application. orders are sent to the JAVA applications on phones and they update orders. There are 2000 phones and 300 vendors. The external users have an ISS server different from that of CRM. The problem is that, C...

General multiple new user questions
I have to test for Excel 2000, the problem is I have experience on Excel 97 & Excel 2003. I need a quick source for information on built-in features, fundamentals, formatting, formulas & calculations, and entering data in general. Any help is greatly appreciated. It is much the same, there are a few differences, but nothing really major. Wouldn't just trying it suffice for your needs, and address each difference as you come across it? Here is one source of differences I found http://asp2.wlv.ac.uk/its/website/selfhelp/help/excel/MainDifferencesExcel2000andExcel2003.asp --...

DPM crashed when expanding SQL 2008 SP1 agent
Hi, i've a problem protecting a W2k*R2 box with SQL 2008 SP1. when i try to expand the agent, to select the items to protect, DPM crashed and the gui closes. No error events logged in the eventlog. DPM 2010 is installed on w2k8r2. the SQL Servers (agent) is installed in Hyper-V cluster on a CSV. -- Siebrand Feenstra Do you have SQL clustered by any chance on the production server, can you please send me the logs present under DPM_INSTALL_DIR\temp\*curr*.log after the crash has happened to praveend [at] microsoft [dot] com? Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] T...

Access 2003- will not work with the new 2.0 sql
Hi- Just updated to 2.0- Nice. But my access 2003 will not allow me to do querries anymore... Do I need to upgrade to another version of Access? or is there an Update that I need to make for access 2003? Thanks Brent Try changing either A: your odbc connection, or b the link to the tables again in the access db. Should work fine... Mike "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote in message news:eeL%23RmmlHHA.568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi- Just updated to 2.0- Nice. But my access 2003 will not allow me to do > querries anymore... Do I need to upgrade to another ...

DPM 2010 and BMR for 2003 Server
Could anyone please outline the steps for the above? I have spent hours already trying to figure it out and any help would be appreciated. SRT for DPM 2007 disk is of no use since DPM 2010 creates system state backups separately (was it required?). So far I have been able to restore the System State by using NTBackup and the bkf file restored by DPM 2010. However, when the system reboots it blue screens constantly. C Drive cannot be restored since DPM 2010 complains that that it cannot find the drive on the destination system. Could anyone provide any pointers? Is there any ...

Exchange Server OUs
Does anyone out there use a separate ou to house there Exchange Servers? Aloha Tyson, I'm sure some people do, though I don't think any of our sites do. What are you hoping to accomplish? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > Does anyone out there use a separate ou to house there Exchange > Servers? > Not me. :-) "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8DF22BD-3E7C-454D-83C9-858730B5EBF7@microsoft.com... > Does anyone out there use a separate ou...

WinCE 6.0 Audio Driver Question?
Hi, I got a strange problem. I have no idea for it. I have a IXP 425 platform installed a SM502 PCI module. The problem is in the audio dirver. The driver is not workable. BUT ... 1. The WAV1: is up. 2. If I call waveInOpen() API, return error. The error code is "No driver present" 3. waveInGetNumDevs() returns 0 waveOutGetNumDevs() returns 0 I don't know what's wrong. What makes you think WAV1 is up? Do you know for sure that it didn't go back down? Have you done a debug build? That can tell you a lot... -- Dean...

Installing Sales For Outlook on SQL Server do I need MSDE
Hi, from what I've seen in previous postings, it appears that even if I have SQL server on my computer, I still need to install MSDE in order to have Sales for Outlook. My questions are: 1- Is it possible to have Sales for Outlook use my SQL server already in place instead of adding MSDE 2- If not, what role does MSDE play that SQL cannot play, in other words, what is the difference between MSDE and SQl thanks in advance Eric You will still need to have MSDE on your PC... If there is a hack I don't know what it is.... MSDE is SQL server, or at least the SQL Server engine. MS...

Need tools to Convert Access to SQL environment
I got a big Access file (1 400 tables) to convert to SQL and I would like to be provided with some automated tools, except upsizing wizard and DTS, to convert it on my own. I got a lot of forms and query to convert too. Can someday provide me with at least one tool name ? Thanks, Guy SQL Server is strictly a database: you can only convert your tables, because it doesn't have forms or reports. (You can convert SELECT queries to views) Tony Toews has some information about upsizing at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/sqlserverupsizing.htm including a link to a tool from SSW. -- Doug S...

Exchange Backup Server..Help!!!
Hi All My Exchange Server Setup is as follows I Have my Exchange 2003 server installed in Windows 2003 Domain Controller Both The Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 Domain Controller are in the same machine Now I need a Backup system when this machine fails Can Anyone tell me a solution apart from clustring Can I install a secondary domain controller for the primary and then install Exchange Server on the secondary domain controller Will I be able to sycronise my Primary Mail Storage group to the new created exchange server and kept it offline and make it online when the primary is dow...

Tax Question #2
If I sold a stock for a loss in 2004, do I have to claim that loss on my 2004 Income tax if I don't really need the loss? Can I save it for a later year? And if so, how long can you save such a loss? Thanks! Mark In microsoft.public.money, Poster Man wrote: >If I sold a stock for a loss in 2004, do I have to claim that loss on >my 2004 Income tax if I don't really need the loss? Can I save it for >a later year? And if so, how long can you save such a loss? US I assume. You cannot save the loss, except that the net loss amount over $3000 will be carried over until next ye...

2 Exchange servers how to.
I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server off site connected to the office via VPN. I would like to have the Offsite server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind of disater then users could access mail from offsite. Is there some docs on how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so mail can be read on both servers if needed? Thanks You will need third party software to help with this. If you can wait for E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery ser...

MS Access and Sql Server
Hello all, I am new to SQL server and am having some problems with Access and connecting to it. I have read so many articles but have found not one that spells it out in pure english! Hoping someone can help? OK, I just built a new machine, bought all sorts of software, and now I am ready to go. I have previously been just using MS Access 2003 / 2007 but now I want to store my tables and quarys in SQL Server. I have SQL server 2008 and 2005, I also have visual studio 2008 along with my MS access 2003 / 2007. So far I cannot get a file to connect to my SQL Server. How on earth does o...

5 Questions!
Help with any or all of the below would be hugely appreciated: 1. When adding a new contact in Outlook 2003, the default phone numbers are Business, Home, Business Fax and Mobile. I realise you can change the fields, but is there a way to set as default your preferred arrangment? This would then apply to others' contact cards when they are opened. 2. Is there a way to have more than 1 number under a specific field (such as more than one 'Home Telephone' entry for one contact)? Outlook rejects any attempt I make at doing this. 3. When synchronising with a Bluetooth device ...

HQ Client unable to connect to HQ Server
Dear all, I have accidentally upgraded database from version 1.02 to 1.2, now HQ client at retail stores run Version 1.02 not able to connect to HQ server to upload and download data, kindly advise how I could rectify this problem. Thank you. Sinhc, To double check your question, in SO Administrator | Database | you did an Upgrade to 1.2, right? Then the only thing, I'm pretty sure, you can do is to upgrade the stores too. This link seems to confirm it; http://tinyurl.com/g8j4m Must have access to CustomerSource. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be us...

can owa/fba and rpc http proxy coexist on single server?
My users currently use a mix of OWA and oldschool Outlook 2002 (as well as various IMAP users, etc) for their MUAs, but some of them are starting to sport notebooks with Outlook 2003, so I had recently planned to enable rpc-over-http(s) on my e2k3 server (just a single pokey little box; no separate fe/be), until I read the horror show on Corey Gouker's blog (http://blogs.coreygouker.com/2005/11/11/Getting+OWA+Forms+Based+Authentication+Working+With+RPC+Over+HTTP+Finally.aspx) My question: in light of Gouker's account of the terrors of trying to make these two live side-by-side,...

SQL 2005 Dynamics GP Analysis Cubes
Hi all, I installed the analysis cubes and when I processed the PackageMaster package, I got the following error - An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKTotalRevenue'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.TotalRevenue'.". It happens when the "totalrevenue" package (within PackageMaster) gets processed. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot. ...

Interesting question ???
I have a working SBS system (after a hd repair). I need to transfer the public folders to a new system (currently operational) as they have some exchange forms applications in them. So essentially, I need to mount the old pub* into the new system which is a new domain/server but with the same names, etc Is there anyway of getting the pf's onto the new box in their entirity, ie: folders, views, data. I can copy them to a pst but to the best of my knowledge it doesn't re-create the fields/etc. ...

i need to fix my server name
i need to fix my server name i cant replay massage from craiglist "daniel cartagena" <danielitodelavirgen@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cBQZ8UmKHA.5728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >i need to fix my server name i cant replay massage from craiglist It's dangerous to get massages from craigslist!! How do you normally send email, via Yahoo's webmail? If so, see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/settings/settings-10.html As a courtesy to others, please enable your spell checker and use = standard grammar conventions. --=20 Gary Va...

logging inmicrosoft exchange server for the first time
want to use outlook for aol mail but cannot figure it out need help Try this: Select Tools | Accounts from the menu in Outlook or Outlook Express. Click Add, choose Mail, enter your name, click Next. Enter your AOL email address, click Next. Select IMAP under "My incoming mail server is ...". Enter "imap.aol.com" in the Incoming mail server field. Enter "smtp.aol.com" under Outgoing mail server, click Next. Type your AOL screen name under Account name, and your AOL password in the Password field, and click Next, then Finish. Highlight imap.aol.com in the Interne...

SQL Statement Insert Into
I need to append data from one table1 to table2 using the field in table3 as the criteria. This field in question is 'account number'. How can I write a sql statement to accomplish this? Troy, What binds the tables? In other words, how are they related to each other? Unless the account number is the same for every entity in Table2? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Troy" <Troy@discussions.mic...

SQL Script to set item cost to highest cost for that item on any PO
What I need to do is set the current item cost (on the item properties page) for all my items to the highest cost for each item on any PO ever regardless of the PO status (closed, placed, etc) if it's not currently set to this already. Before I do this I would like to print out a list of changes that will be made. Can anybody help me with an SQL script for this (yes I will back up before doing anything!)? Alex, Assuming you are ok with 0 being set for a cost if the item has never been Ordered, here is a script that should work for you. UPDATE Item SET Cost = ISNULL( ( SELEC...

XML/MDAC Deployment question
I saw in another post that if you use the System.Data namespace you must deploy MDAC 2.6 or MDAC 2.7 with your application. Is that correct if you are using a DataSet to load Tables with XML data only? Like this: XMLDataFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Data\theData.xml"; XMLSchemaFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Data\theData.xsd"; dset.ReadXmlSchema(XMLSchemaFile); dset.ReadXml(XMLDataFile); dset.AcceptChanges(); The bellow code does not makes use of MDAC. -- Daniel D.C. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

Are MFC FTP classes limited to 32bit file sizes?
I have found that when using the GetLength member of the CFtpFileFind class that the filezizes are limited to 4GB (0xFFFFFFFF). Now I know that in old versions of MFC, GetLength only returned a DWORD and one needed to use the Getlength64 function. However I am using VS2008 and GetLength returns a ULONGLONG. I then heared about a possible bug in MFC so I derived a class from CFtpFileFind so that I would be able to see the actual WIN32_FIND_DATA used. And indeed the low order DWORD is set to 0xFFFFFFFF and the high order DWORD is set to 0x00000000. I know that this is not a server issue...