Split report into pages?

Hello,

I have a CRM v4 report that groups data by account.

I want to display each account on a separate page. Or ideally a separate
Excel Worksheet within the same workbook!

Any pointers? Thanks in advance,

Marcus Robinson

--
MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When you create groups in a single Table opr Matrix in SRS, you can open the
Table Properties dialog, go to the Groups tab, and click the "Group Detail"
button (for Tables) or the "Edit..." button (for Matrices) and specify that a
Page Break occurs at the end of each group. This way, if you gorup by
Account, each new set of Account Group header/footer/detail rows will begin
on a new page.

Now, if you want to use Excel, this is a little more involved. You'd most
likely need to have your dataset in a hidden worksheet (the one dynamically
connected to CRM through an MS Query), then use a combo of formulae and VBA
to create new sheets for each account at runtime.

The latter may take more time to develop, but if you don't have access to VS
2003/2005, it may be the way to go. If you need any help, let me know. My
previous life involved custom reports in Excel, and I can certainly lend you
a hand.

--
MD

"Marcus Robinson - MR ICT Ltd" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a CRM v4 report that groups data by account.
>
> I want to display each account on a separate page. Or ideally a separate
> Excel Worksheet within the same workbook!
>
> Any pointers? Thanks in advance,
>
> Marcus Robinson
>
> --
> MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk

0
MD1 (196)
3/31/2008 4:05:00 AM
That's great. The report builder page break functionality put each account
into a new worksheet, so no need to write a macro to split the accounts.

I have now written a macro that does all the required formatting/formulas in
Excel.

Thanks,

Marcus

"MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you create groups in a single Table opr Matrix in SRS, you can open
> the
> Table Properties dialog, go to the Groups tab, and click the "Group
> Detail"
> button (for Tables) or the "Edit..." button (for Matrices) and specify
> that a
> Page Break occurs at the end of each group. This way, if you gorup by
> Account, each new set of Account Group header/footer/detail rows will
> begin
> on a new page.
>
> Now, if you want to use Excel, this is a little more involved. You'd most
> likely need to have your dataset in a hidden worksheet (the one
> dynamically
> connected to CRM through an MS Query), then use a combo of formulae and
> VBA
> to create new sheets for each account at runtime.
>
> The latter may take more time to develop, but if you don't have access to
> VS
> 2003/2005, it may be the way to go. If you need any help, let me know. My
> previous life involved custom reports in Excel, and I can certainly lend
> you
> a hand.
>
> --
> MD
>

> "Marcus Robinson - MR ICT Ltd" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a CRM v4 report that groups data by account.
>>
>> I want to display each account on a separate page. Or ideally a separate
>> Excel Worksheet within the same workbook!
>>
>> Any pointers? Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Marcus Robinson
>>
>> --
>> MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk

0
Marcus

FRx report incorrect
I have a client that has a new client machine. We did an application install of GP and installed FRx. FRx is only used on the one machine. We copied the sysdata folder from his old machine. All of his reports run fine, except one that has a tree by department. Right now each department report is giving the total for the whole company, and when he prints the 'summary' which is all the dept's together, it actually adds all of them together, so it is actual time 10 (number of departments. We tried this report on his old machine and it runs fine. We can't find anythin...

Linking Child/Master on Report
I have a query that my main report is based upon and then I have inserted a graph which runs off of a query. However, I want the graph to change based upon the LastName field but it won't allow me to do that. I keep getting the following dialog box when I try to link child to master: "Can't build a link between unbound forms." Even if I put in "LastName" for the child and Master links, the report then comes out blank. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or am missing in my report? ...

Displaying parameter query dates in a report?
I want to base a report on a query which used parameters to select dates. How can I include the dates I have chosen in my report? On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:40:50 +0100, C Tate wrote: > I want to base a report on a query which used parameters to select dates. > How can I include the dates I have chosen in my report? Add an unbound control to the report header. Set it's control source to: ="For sales between " & [Enter Start Date] & " and " & [Enter End Date] The text within the brackets must be identical to the bracketed text in the query parameter...

Page Breaks
When I add a page break on one page I get a paragragh return on the next page which brings down the copy on the page....How do I have a page break without the return on the following page? Unless the paragraph mark is before a table, you should be able to delete it. But you can work around this in any case by formatting the text on the desired new page as "Page break before." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "designermom" <designermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

how to print chart located on another chart on one page?
I have one chart located as object in another chart. when I print, I get two pages I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart as object' thanks Helmt When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded chart or just the embedded chart will print. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Fill out report based on rank from query
I have a query: SELECT a.workorderNum, a.workorderName, a.workorderMaterial, a.workorderSerialNum, a.workorderComponent, a.ProductName, a.Discrepancy, a.dateDisc, a.qualCNumber, a.qualFName, a.qualLName, a.qualRole, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM qryDiscrepancies AS b WHERE b.workorderNum=a.workorderNum AND b.discID <= a.discID) AS discrepancyNum, a.discID FROM qryDiscrepancies AS a GROUP BY a.workorderNum, a.workorderName, a.workorderMaterial, a.workorderSerialNum, a.workorderComponent, a.ProductName, a.Discrepancy, a.dateDisc, a.qualCNumber, a.qualFName, a.qualLName, a.qualRole, a.dis...

Where can I find a forum to help with writing sql reports?
I've been asked to write a lot of SQL reports lately and I need to find a place like this that I can ask question on how to get header to repeat on different pages and how to put one text box on top another etc. etc. Can someone point me to somewhere I can ask these questions? I have a MSDN subscription so I'd like a MS site where they are obligated to give me help. Thanks. On Mon, 17 May 2010 16:43:11 -0400, cj2 <cj2@nospam.nospam> wrote: >I've been asked to write a lot of SQL reports lately and I need to find >a place like this that I can ask quest...

New User- print preview cuts off part of my page design
my publication fits the page in design view, but is cut off in print preview...help? -- ch njoynthevu wrote: > my publication fits the page in design view, but is cut > off in print preview...help? ================= This may be reflecting the limitations of your printer. Maybe the following article will offer some ideas: "How to find the maximum print area of your printer" http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- *********Notice********** This is not tech support. ....I am only a volunteer... Solutions that work for me may not work for you. Proceed at yo...

Duplicate value in lot number report
Hi all, We encountered an issue in the Lot Number report. Here is the scenario: We have an item which is stored both in LOT1 and LOT2. In LOT1 we have 10 pieces and LOT2 - 5 pieces. LOT2 was sold out; therefore, the quantity for this lot is zero (empty). When we generate the Lot Number report, LOT1 displays with 10 pieces. Surprisingly, LOT2 also displays with 10 pieces. when we inquired the said quantities in the Inventory Lot number/Bin inquiry, LOT1 shows 10 pieces and LOT2 shows zero. The Lot number report we are generating is unmodified report. Why is this happening in G...

How do I generate page numbers on gift certificates?
I want to number the gift certificates automatically for print. Is there a way to do this in Publisher? Jaba61 Setup a consecutive number database and merge. You can do this within Publisher or in Excel, Access and even a Word list will work. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jaba61" <Jaba61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D236365-FAFE-43F9-940C-EF381C2943F4@microsoft.com... >I want to number the gift certificates automatically for print. Is th...

Split Domain with Connector
Hi, I'm trying split a domain @example.com between 2 Exchange 2003 and Sendmail servers. I think this is achievable with a SMTP connector? I'm not sure how I can defined a group of mailboxes that need to be redirected to the Sendmail. I don't wish to house any of their mail locally on the Exchange 2003. Would someone kindly give me some advice here? Regards, Norman Zhang http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/EN-US/ http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319759 On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:53:29 -0700, Norman Zhang <norm_z@realbox.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying sp...

Splitting up a Cell's Contents
I received a spreadsheet with close to a thousand names, email addresses, and chapters all in the same cell, as in: Smith,John,jsmith@bellnet.com,ONT,VI I'm running Excel 2003. Is there a way to use a formula to break this up into different cells for last name, first name, email address and chapter? I can do a search & replace the commas, if that is a help or do this in stages. Thanks, Dennis Dennis, Here is one way. 1) Save your file as a text file (File1.txt) 2) Close your file 3) Open your file (make sure Files of Type is "All Files (*.*)" - Otherwise the fi...

How can I copy pages between two Publisher files?
I have a fairly large Publisher file (200+) pages. As this document is being developed I want to send new/edited pages to others for proofing. I cancopy the file then delete everything I don't want to send, but that is pretty tedious. Also, I would like to insert/replace pages from the proofreaders into mymain document without having to move an object at a time. TIA cvholme <cvholme@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a fairly large Publisher file (200+) pages. As this document > is being developed I want to send new/edited pages to o...

existing web pages/files not showing in Insert Hyperlink dialog bo
Using FrontPage 2003. When attempting to Create a Hyperlink to existing web pages and files, they are no longer visible in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog box. The files are there, we see them in the folder list. Is there a setting I'm missing? -- Fonda K Try running a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "Fonda K" <Fonda@discussion.microsoft...

How to Build an Excel-Report ?
Hi, I am Martin from Hamburg and wonder how I can create an Excel-Report. I want to create an Bingo-Card Generator in Excel. Thought and Done, but only the functions of generating the bingo-values by randome and deleting field by random depending on the system variables like number of players etc. So, I have build up one Excel-Worksheet with the right values. In each cloumn are the whole values for one bingo-card. Now, I wonder how to print them. But I cannot find any Report function like in Access. May anyone can help me, how do I get my generated values in an printable report format...

Custom Web Page
I have built a custom web page that is part of the Accounts form. I have implemented it using the isv.config and it works fine in the web interfate of CRM. The issue is that is does not show up in the Outlook sales clients. The link is not on the form at all in the outlook clients like it is on the web client. Please anyone help with this issue. Sales for Outlook client v1.0.3017.1 smitto toms@komatsueq.com smitto@xmission.com You need to modify the Outlook customization file (it uses a different file than the web version). Refer to the CRM Outlook customization SDK. Mike "smitto&...

Sub-report sorting problem
Hi I created a sub-report to include some notes from a notes table into my League report It uses the following: SELECT DISTINCTROW tblnotes.ID, tblnotes.Yearfld, tblnotes.Notefld FROM tblnotes ORDER BY tblnotes.ID; However, when I do a preview of the report, it is not sorting by ID For example, the last two notes (items 31 and 32 from tblnotes) come out in the order 32, 31 !! This is quite important, as line 31 states 'National League 3 notes' and 32 states notes on teams What might be wrong? Thanks Neil Open the subreport in design view, and use the sorting ...

Include/Exclude filter in reports
Hi all, I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also, what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output was always the same!! Thanks, Mohamed 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid. 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu. 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report is run. 4....

Page Breaks and Odd Behavior (Citrix UPD Driver)
Hello. We are running Excel 2002 on our Citrix servers. The other day we switched to the universal print driver for multiple printers. I now have several people reporting weird page break problems. Excel reports that previously had no page breaks now have like 20 or more and you can't remove them. If you highlight the cell/row below under next to it and do a remove or remove all page breaks it doesn't go away. However, if I do an add page break it removes the one already there. Exact opposites. This is causing a 1 page report to print out on 40 or so pages all chopped up. This...

How do I arrange certain pages to be two-sided?
I am preparing a handbook for printing and I would like to know if there is a way to set certain pages within the handbook to print two-sided and others to print one-sided. Is there a quick and easy way to do so or am I going to have to add blank pages to the ones I want printed one-sided? Thank you for your help. Booklets are created in multiples of four pages. Decide what page numbers you want blank and leave them that way. You will have to think ahead if the handbook is lengthy. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.co...

Display only a certain category in a report
Hello, I have a customer report I had made in Access VBA. I have a report header as a project name with a bunch of tasks that are associated with it: Example: Project ABC: Employee1 Work 40 Hrs Employee2 Sleep 25 Hrs Employee3 Work 15 Hrs Employee4 Drive 3 Hrs How can I get the report to only display the employees with WORK listed? I did not want to change the query associated with the report. Before the report would display, a dropdown box would appear, asking what category the user would like to see. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:43:04 -0800, bzeyger <bzeyger@discussions....

Session variables and Cookies in Custom page
Hi, Thanks in advance. I comment the <sesion mode=off/> in web.config .any effects is possible. and can Iuse session variables in my custom pages pls help me. venkataravikumar Hi, You might want to create a different application in IIS which contains your own pages. This application can contain it's own web.config so you can make your own settings for your pages. This way you won't interfere with the web.config settings of the CRM app. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "venkat" wrote: > Hi, > Thanks in advance. > I comment the <sesion mod...

Possible to have same footnotes from 1 table appear on 2 pages?
1. I have a table on a page in landscape format which spreads over 2 pages. 2. I have enabled the table top row to "repeat as a header row at the top of each page". This header row has footnote references. 3. The footnotes, however, ONLY appear on the first page and NOT the second page. 4. Is there a way to make the footnotes appear on the first AND second page as well? Thanks! This is driving me nuts..... Hello Jonathan Jonathan wrote: > 1. I have a table on a page in landscape format which spreads over 2 pages. > 2. I have enabled the table top row ...

how should I tackle building this report???
I have a link to the document I'm trying to build in access. http://home.new.rr.com/gfiddle/ACCESSprob.htm my database currently has the job information necessary in two tables (one table contains inmate data and a jobcode if they have a unit job & the other table contains data about each possible unit job such as Job Name, JobCode, PayRange, Evaluator) I use these two tables in a join query for a completely seperate report (not related to this query/problem) .... with the layout and formatting (or something close in formatting) I don't know how to best tackle the problem/...

Word 2007 Page Margin Question
Word 2007, Where is the option in Page setup - THIS PAGE ONLY I want different page setup for different pages, but in 2007 version, I dont see it. -- jnathan Margin settings are attributes of Sections, not of pages (and it has been that way in all versions of Word). Therefore, if you want to vary the margin settings, you will need to separate the pages with next page Section Breaks. It is however possible to have a different Odd and Even page layout which can be set via the Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog and also you can achieve a different first page (o...