SPI Solution Selling Template for CRM 4.0

Is there a similar SP Solution Selling Template for CRM 4.0 that was
available for CRM 3.0?  I need to set up a new sales process in CRM 4.0 and
be able to display sates stages and tasks as well as users to skip stages and
task in the sales process.  Appreciate any help.
0
SteveK1 (13)
3/6/2008 6:25:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Can a CRM 3.0 Outlook Client connect to a CRM 4.0 server?
As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connect to the CRM 4.0 server after I upgrade it. Good question - I have the same problem. I'm just posting to get the notification ;-) But I fear that it is not possible - in my corp-deployment we had several 3.0 clients and if it works it's not a out of the box solution. "Chris" wrote: > As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my > current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connec...

Stacked chart #4
Hi. I'm hoping this can be done in Excel and that the fabulous discussion group can show me how... I need a "thermometer" type chart and think a Stacked chart might work. Basically, I need to set a goal and show how I'm meeting it. I'm trying to meet an ultimate goal of 57, so 60 could be the max. I've already completed 28. Each week I set a weekly goal, say for this week, a goal of 3 but only complete 2. I'd like the stacked chart to show 28 in one color, a line 3 above that and have only 2 of the 3 colored in. Next week, the goal may be 6 with 7 complet...

Question about CRM mobile
I am not very familiar with CRM mobile. I would assume that a user has the ability to promote emails on the mobile device to a CRM email activity record. Is this correct? Also, can anyone give me pricing for CRM mobile? Thanks, -Rick Not sure about the email part, but as for pricing: it's a free download from Microsoft. If you own CRM server license, you can install and use CRM Mobile. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Rick M" wrote: > I am not very familiar with CRM mobile. I would assume that a user has the > ability to promote emails on the m...

Tool for checking/fixing CRM database integrity?
Hi all. I posted a message on here some time ago about a problem I have in CRM 4.0 after upgrade from 3.0 in that I can no longer create new custom entities ("Invalid Argument" popup a few seconds after clicking "Save and Close"). Everything else in CRM is working fine. I've since tried reinstalling CRM on a new test machine and have successfully imported the active organization (database) to the new installation but the problem remains, which leads me to believe there are problems in my database. Does anyone know if there's a tool out there to check and fix the ...

CRM Mobile Client 08-24-04
Just wondering if the mobile client 1.2 can be customised Thanks It is the same as v1.0, any customisations that you make through System Customization will be put onto a mobile client when they next synch. "pjk" <pjk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD07002-70AC-4FF3-A50D-8014B5ADD443@microsoft.com... > Just wondering if the mobile client 1.2 can be customised > > Thanks ...

Sell Cheap EDhardy Lacoste POLO T-shirts, LRG Red Monkey G-Star Jeans
Discount, LRG jeans, Evisu jeans, ED hardy jeans, COOGI jeans, Gino Green Global jeans, Lacoste jeans, G-star jeans, Ked Robot jeans, Red Monkey jeans, BBC jeans, Smet jeans, Seven jeans, Trun North Face jeans, The Croun Holder jeans, Antik jeans, China Supply. Supply BOSS t-shirts, men's Lacoste T-shirts, G U C C I women's t- shirts,Polo T- shirts, BBC T-shirts, Bape T-shirts, ED hardy T-shirts, Coogi T-shirts, Christian Audigier T-shirts, Gino Green Glalal (ggg) T- shirts, Artful Dodger T-shirts, LRG T-shirts, Burberry T-shirts, Affliction T-shirts.... ( www.g lobwholesale.com.cn )...

Do you have a useful monthly calendar print template for Outlook
Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template from Office 07 ends up just having the times. Does anyone have a useful monthly template? Thanks. there are some on Microsoft's web site. Just search "Microsoft Outlook 2007 home page" to find a stack of resources. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "RSC" <RSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1E6422A-8D4A-4995-AA4A-3048242EED4B@microsoft.com... > Hi. The monthly printout from Office 2003 was good. The monthly template > ...

Cannot add users after Rollup 1 install (Dynamics CRM 4.0 Pro)
Hi, Rollup 1 seems to have caused my install to stop adding new users to the system - the error I get is the generic 'An error has occured' message, but the relevant trace log is below (I have removed the url and business name only): >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147023570, InnerException: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007052E): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryE...

3.0 Newsgroups 10-30-05
The instructions from Microsoft for accessing the private beta newsgroups have the wrong server name, it should be privatenews, not betanews. Change this and it works. ...

Publisher 2000 #4
I am trying to create a brochure with a colored background. I can't get the color to print to the edge of the 8.5 x 11 page.....is there some trick I don't know or is there always a 1/2 inch margin around the background color? The printing width is a function of the printer. Besides it'll take a lot of ink to change the color of the paper. How about using colored paper? -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "kim bell" <kimbell@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:032101c37961$c6746010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am tryin...

filter #4
I have a worksheet with 30,000 rows. When I apply freeze panes and then try to scroll down the sheet does not scroll. To do scrolling I have to undo the freeze panes command of the selection. Any idea as to why will be greatly appreciated AFD Where is the cursor when you are applying the freeze panes? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utYk2mRFJHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a worksheet with 30,000 rows. When I apply freeze panes and then try >to scro...

Formatting #4
Can I copy and paste data in a way that the column width/row height is also copied? If so, how? Sincerely Steven Shelton "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not!" --Thomas Jefferson You can paste the column width, but it is a separate task. Paste Special -> Column Widths I don't know how to do it for heights. Scott Steven wrote: > Can I copy and paste data in a way that the column width/row height is also > copied? If so, how? > > Sincerely > > Steven Shelton > > "Those who hammer...

CRM 3 Suddenly Taking 42.1 +/- 0.1 seconds to Load Pages
Hi all, A few weeks ago CRM 3.0 suddenly started taking 30+ seconds to load the main frame of each page. The initial nav bar loads immediately, but the contacts, accounts, etc. lists take quite a while to load. We were able to fix this by restoring the server to a point prior to the CRM install and reinstalling CRM, however after about 10 days it started happening again. This time I checked the IIS logs and it shows the file /_root/homepage.aspx is taking 42.1 seconds, plus or minus 0.2 seconds, each time I try a page load. (Sometimes it appears to take about 80 seconds, but I haven't ca...

CRM Redeployment Tool error
hi, When importing the mapping xml files an error occurred: "An error occurred during mapping the computer accounts - the mapping failed" 12/06/2005 02:32:40 This computer's DN = CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ClientORG,DC=local, GUID = {17427c3d-fe59-46d3-b28f-6c1d7ec4aa28}, SID = S-1-5-21-2811433622-801027495-562083374-1007 12/06/2005 02:32:40 ERROR: attempt to reuse name CN=SERVER1,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=ClientORG,DC=local 12/06/2005 02:32:40 Exception of type System.Exception was thrown. 12/06/2005 02:32:40 SDTransform 12/06/2005 02:32:40 An error occurred ...

Group Policy removing CRM Add-on from Outlook
One of our CRM users can no longer access any of the buttons for CRM in Outlook (they can access CRM, but not the "track in CRM" or advanced find etc). Tools > Options > Other > Adv Options > COM Add-Ins does not show CRM, so I had to grant the user local admin rights, so that they could then re-add the COM add-in, which makes everything work. However, as soon as the user logs off and back in, the COM Add-In is gone. What could be possibly be removing this COM add-in? ...

crm 4 onload event
I just upgraded a client to crm 4.0. Certain users are now getting an error when opening an Account record. The error is a permission denied error relating to the onload event. One of the users receiving this error has the system administor role. I am able to open these records on the server without any error. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, -Rick M. Hi Rick, In your onload event of your account record. Do you have any JavaScript calling the crm service? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 28, 11:19=A0am, Rick M <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com>...

VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client
Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup. I wanted to use new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the 3.5 framework with the web service. However, my Windows Forms client targets the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5 All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I experience problems. I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address below OK. My app.config file contains the reference:...

New Snap ins for CRM
Hello, how can I create new Snap-ins? Or modify the Busines Data lookup - Snap-in? Coding? Drag and Drop by a generator? I dont find anything in the web! greetings, Stefan Look in the MS CRM Sandbox linked off of www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm The MS CRM Developers playground -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President, The Norwich Group http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com/mscrm "Stefan" <Stefan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1DA2E7-860C-4A08-A8F6-ACEEF759B6F7@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > how can I create new Snap-ins? Or modify the Busines ...

Access CRM 4.0 on Windows 2008
Hello, We seem to having issues when connecting to CRM when using the IP address versus the server name. Here's what's going on: We have CRM 4.0 installed on Windows 2008. All users in the office have no issues when access CRM using Outlook or Web when they are connected via the LAN. The CRM web address is http://crmserver:5555. This is what is configured within the Outlook connection. When users are from home or outside the office, they use VPN to connect to the office. They cannot connect to CRM using Outlook or Web. However, if they typed the IP address http://192.168.16....

Suggestion: More types for CRM. Such as password, and money
It would be very benefitial if the next version of CRM supports more types. Some examples are: Password - A text field where the contents are automatically encrypted in the database and when a user types it * the characters Money - A field that allows currency formatting eg: R100.00 or $100.00. A list of acceptable currencies could be handy as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, foll...

Can outlook custom fields be migrated into CRM?
I've got a client who I have created a custom outlook contact form for, with several custom fields. I would like to migrate this client to MS CRM in the near future, and before I have them populate all these custom fields with data, I would like to know if those custom outlook form fields will be available when I migrate the contacts from Outlook (well exchange public folder actually) into CRM. I want to assure that the data that gets entered in those fields will not be all for naught when CRM rolls around. Thanks, Ryan The way to ensure that your fields are i ported into CRM is to: ...

Best solution VBA/C++
Hello I am seeking some advice on the best solution for a small program I have to build. I need to design a program which can be launched in Excel, would acquire some data from Excel, then run some cash flow calculations (so mostly working on multiple small arrays with a lot of conditions and simple calculations) and would run some monte carlo simulations. So basically I need a program which would be fast enough so that I can run my calculations 1,000s of times in a reasonable time, that would have access to a proper random number generator (I guess I have to go for a commercial product for ...

This Operation Cannot Be Performed #4
Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error "This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only if a change was made (if no change is made, no error). No major changes made in last two days. MS Article ID : 300226 does not apply or help. Please advise suggestions. Thank you! Randy In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error >"This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only >if a change was ma...

Exmerge question #4
Will the latest version of Exmerge make a .pst file over 2 GB? I have some mailboxes that are about 3 GB that I want to export/import using Exmerge. Thank you. Ed I believe the current version of ExMerge still uses the ANSI format (not the new UNICODE format), which means its still limited to 2gb. Best regards, Steven "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:OtDDk%23BIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Will the latest version of Exmerge make a .pst file over 2 GB? I have some > mailboxes that are about 3 GB that I want to export/import using Exm...

Custom Format #4
I am trying to do a custom format so that what is entered in the cell will automatically enter a dash. Example: T1-0504 All they will enter will be: T10504 What format do I need to enter. Thanks Hi this is not possible as you don't enter a value. But if the user enter 10504 (without a leading character) you could use the custom format "T"0-0000 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Denise wrote: > I am trying to do a custom format so that what is entered in the cell > will automatically enter a dash. > > Example: > T1-0504 > > All they will enter ...