Speeing up searches in CRM

When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID
it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way
to improve the search response time?  I'm wondering if there is a config
setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL
tables, any ideas?!??!

Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are
white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5852b14a-394c-4898-8374-caf5e6479eb0&DisplayLang=en

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
CRM/.NET Consultant

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"LU_IT_Development" wrote:

> When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID
> it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way
> to improve the search response time?  I'm wondering if there is a config
> setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL
> tables, any ideas?!??!
>
> Thanks.
0
Patrick2861 (490)
12/12/2008 3:01:00 PM
perhaps your hardware is under-powered.  15 seconds to find a contact seems
too long.

can you post your hardware specs as well as the number of contacts
(students) in your database and the size of your CRM database.

Dave Ireland

"LU_IT_Development" <LUITDevelopment@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A30F2EBC-5562-4030-8418-8E970295F815@microsoft.com...
> When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or
> ID
> it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a
> way
> to improve the search response time?  I'm wondering if there is a config
> setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL
> tables, any ideas?!??!
>
> Thanks.

0
direland (470)

SBS 2003 and CRM
I have been trying to install CRM on SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2004 installed and all updates for Exchange,ISA,SQL and SBS current including Server 2003 SP2. CRM install fails because it will not recognize the default web sight when it attempts to install SQL reporting services on SQL 2000 SP4. So whenever you attempt to open the reporting services an error occurs which states that requested url not found. I have followed all the preinstall reccomendations of the SBS Newsgroup and the troubleshooting reccomendations after the install but nothing seems to get around the initial proiblem ...

CRM 3.0
When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Any ideas why? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_0A1767AF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When trying to execute any of the reports, I get this error: > Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: StrongName cannot have an > empty string for the assembly name. (rsProcessingError) Probably a .NET 2.0 issue. See...

CRM and Exchange 01-27-07
We're in the stages of planning a migration from SBS to stand alone as we approach the 75 LIC barrier. Taking into consideration that we have limited funds, is it ok to have CRM and Exchange co-exist on the same server? We will have at least 2 servers in the environment. We were thinking 1 for the Exchange and CRM, the other for AD, file server and the remaining MRP, PTR and Accounting (Great Plains) app. We are considering a 3RD pc set in RAID 1 for our 2ND DC, so that we won't have to run AD on the Exhcange. Thanks in advance for you guidance. Hi Mick, I would put CRM, GREA...

Adding multiple Contacts in a CRM Task
Most of our partners/customers (or their clients) have a business requirement of being able to add multiple Contacts in a CRM Task. Although this can be done via SFO, but the data (Contacts added) are not visible in CRM. Furthermore, if a Task is created using the CRM web app, you can only add 1 Contact, Opportunity or Accounts using the Regarding button. This feature would definitely be appreciated by most of our partners/customers if it would be taken into consideration maybe for the next release of MSCRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respo...

What happened to Sales Stages in CRM 4.0
I am wondering if anyone has insight on how to redo Sales Stages in CRM 4.0. It seems that they are not there like in 3.0. Does anyone have a work around for this? Thanks. The pipeline is now managed as workflows on the Oppertunity entity Regards Henrik Ditlevsen <eolson@feeco.com> wrote in message news:89295cb5-565f-4b2f-a7d7-cef54b1dfda9@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if anyone has insight on how to redo Sales Stages in > CRM 4.0. It seems that they are not there like in 3.0. Does anyone > have a work around for this? > > Thanks. We've used t...

I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today?
I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today? When Microsoft will send me a certificate? I'm in London, UK. Thanks, Jim it normally takes 30 days wait a bit past that then call in and they will send one congrats on passing the exam "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:86D8779E-2886-4401-B21B-B07B9671ADF1@microsoft.com... >I have passed CRM exam for 1 month, no certificate until today? > When Microsoft will send me a certificate? I'm in London, UK. > > Thanks, > Jim Thanks John, but which one I should call in? Microsoft...

Associated Views in CRM 1.2
I added a couple of case type values, published customization, and reset iis. I created a few cases with the new values. CRM seems working ok. However, there are a number of fields that don't display in the associated views e.g. casetype and status. No records in these associated views has these fields display. Though they contain data in these fields. Does any one have suggestions for my problem? Thanks in advance, Tuan ...

Outlook Sales for CRM
I have an operating CRM installation. It is configured to operate with my Exchange server and it does. The Exchange server is running on a Windows 2000 server "A" and the CRM server is installed on a Windows 2003 TS server "B". Outlook 2003 is installed on the TS ("B") When I try to install Outlook Sales, the install fails with the message "Outlook Sales is already installed." Can someone explain why? I don't think that you can install SFO on a TS box. SFO does not support a multi-user installation on the same PC, so I do not think it will...

Automate Email Notification when Assigning Case to a CRM Queue
Using CRM 4, how can we automate an email being sent to an email address when a case gets assigned to a crm queue? I tried creating a workflow rule on the Queue entity to send an email when a new record is created but that really is only when creating a new queue, not an item in the queue. Any suggestions? The workaround I am using is let the workflow on a case creation event, assign the case to a queue and then send an email. This requires a field listing the queues that is selected in the Case. I still would like to have the ability to email after the Case is assigned to a queue. ...

CRM Client for Outlook Install error
I have just recently had a Hard Disk Crash on a workstation. Nop problems fully backed up so lost nothing. However I am trying to reinstall outlook desktop client for CRM . I get 2 errors 1. A setup failed to determine wether a supported version of outlook is installed. A full version of Outlook 2007 is installed. I got arounf this by adding a dword in the registry under MSCRMClient with a value of 1 which basically ignores the error message and lets you carry on 2. It then continues the install until almost the end of the installation all ok until i get the error Action Microsoft.C...

emails to more than one person in crm
When we send a CRM email the To: menu only looks at the Outlook(email address book) contact folders. I know how to add additional contact folders(email address book) to choose from in Outlook by checking the "show this folder as outlook email address book" in the properties of the contact folder. I would like to know if that can be done in crm. ...

Bandwidth usage of MS CRM
I am planning to use a CRM web client and have use a web client interface running on 19.2 kbps link. What would be my issues when I have this implemented? How much bytes are beginning for every transaction made using the MS CRM? your performance may be terrible. I did some monitoring and found crm likes about 30kbs for average performance. You need to realise that you will get bad performance and may get timeout issues good luck! -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "merman" <merman@discussions...

Upgrading CRM 3.0 from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Hi, We are planning to upgrade CRM 3 to CRM 4 but currently our CRM 3 runs on SQL 2000 and according to the upgrade path CRM4 requires SQL 2005! So, what is the process of upgrading SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 for CRM? I have found the method of upgrading SQL itself whcih basically entails installing 2005 SQL then moving the 2000 databases to the 2005 instatnce, but will this work OK for CRM as well? Are there any other steps/dependancies than need to be considered. Thanks in advance (of a long night upgrading!) Nik Upgradation is SQL Server 2005 installation which will upgrade from SQL 200...

Email reminders in CRM
Is it possible to set up email reminders in CRM if you are not using the Outlook client? I am using the CRM 3.0 web client and I need to send out emails when I get certain information about certain clients. 1 week later I need to email the same people again with another document, and a week after that another document. Any help would be appreciated. You should look at workflows or sales processes - if it's related to an opportunity. Both allows you to automatically create the appropriate activities for you and you can also send an email to yourself - or the owner of the record. W...

Applying CRM DST hotfix killed integration manager 8
We have been running integrations successfully (scheduled) for years. I just installed the hotfix for CRM server (same server that our integrations run on) and now IM does not work. Receive error concerning CBOMLibX.dll file and according to TK, copy from shared to system32 and register. Now receive errors all over the place (TTGComnX not found and the error windows all say resource not found). As well, we upgraded all our servers with the new DST hot fixes as well, but our integrations are still running an hour late (IM is not recognizing the time change) even though they are sched...

CRM 3.0
Hi all, I have 1 client which is getting an error attempting to go offline. Below is the event logged in Windows Event viewer. The system in question is Vista SP2, CRM 3.0 V3C with Rollup 3, SQL 2005 express SP3, I have attempted to unselect ALL local data entries and attempted going offline and still i get the error. It appears it fails when it trys to sync 1108 appoinements to outlook, but checking the user account appoinements in CRM the user does not have this many. I have recreated the users profile, I have uninstalled SQL and CRM client but still get the same error. I am now st...

Tracking Email in CRM and Creating of Contact
CRM 3, OUtlook 2007 & v3c When I press "Track in CRM" an email from a contact that is not in CRM it adds it to CRM but does not notify me that the contact (email) is not in CRM. I have to then go back and open it in CRM to check if the contact exists or has been matched to something. Is this correct behaviour? We have previously been using Salesforce.com and it will prompt you to add or join to a contact in that situation. This is by design, it would be very disruptive to prompt the user each time this occurs. There are a couple of workaround for you. 1) Use the CRM Addr...

Invalid price list error after patching CRM server for XP SP2
Hi, I had just update the CRM server with the service pack for fixing the XP SP2. After the update, when I add a "New Invoice Product" that has a $0 price(because it's in the complimentary price list), I get a "Invalid Price List Amount" error message when saving it. But thank goodness its still able to save the invoice correctly. Is this a bug from the service pack? Or has MS decided that nothing can be priced for free? Can anyone else verify this error? Thanks. James ...

CRM Notification
Hi, I have installed the new accelerator;notification on my VPC. I must it is a good tool, but I have some questions and hope someone can answer them. First of all, it is not possbile to subscribe on the "activities", why?Secondly, how can a person who has been assigned a new case from his/her supervisor be alerted through this tool?Is it possible?Thirdly, is a user in CRM wants to subscribe on an event/website which is relevant for the rule, can the person see that website from RSS in CRM? I hope someone can reply the questions, thanks. With best regards, Nasir Ahmed For a...

Please help! Multifile search...
First off, please forgive me if this is posted somewhere else. I looked but could not quite get anything to work for my issue. I have 2 .xls files. The first file is an order list, and contains the item name in colum c, and the quantity in column d. There are multiple listings of eac item in this file. EXAMPLE: Column C Columd D wireset 8 monitor 2 keyboard 1 wireset 4 CPU 1 What I meed to do is figure out how to do a search for "wireset" an get...

CRM Startup Failure
CRM 3.0 Will not startup. I primarily work with CRM 3.0 using the Laptop client (on my laptop). I have read the posts on the initial startup issues with CRM, but my issue seems to exceed the 30secs as mentioned. I tried to GO ONLINE with CRM 3.0 Laptop client (V3C) and was unable. After 10 min. I still was unable to access outlook so I brute closed outlook and received the send error report crash box. I then tried to run the CRM Web client on the laptop to verify connectivity to CRM Server (No Luck). I then logged in to the CRM 3.0 server running on my Windows SBS R2 box and tried ru...

CRM Mail Router Problem

Opening in MS CRM 3.0
Hi is there a opening for MS CRM 3.0 anywhere? Thanks. ...

Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin
At some cliënts a problem occurs with the CRM Outlook Addin. After running fine a couple of days the Outlook Addin checkbox is disabled and cannot be enabled again. All CRM functionality is missing then in Outlook. After removing the addin and add it again CRM is working again. The cliënts have Win XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. Other cliënts with the same configuration are running fine all the time and don't have this problem. Is this a known problem and so is there a explanation for this? ------=_NextPart_0001_57C24CFC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encodin...

Error in calling CRM Webservice from Javascript.
I made this function in the form to get the user email address: ------------------------------------------ function GetUserEmailAddress(userId) { var xml = "" + "<?xml version=\'1.0\' encoding=\'utf-8\'?>" + "<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap=\'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\' xmlns:xsi=\'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\' xmlns:xsd=\'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema\'>"; xml += GenerateAuthenticationHeader(); xml += " <soap:Body>" + " <...