Sorting Names i the Contact View

Is it possible to sort contacts by last name, first name instead of full name?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The fullname contains the first and last name as specified in the
organization settings. Go to Settings / System Settings. There is a combobox
defining how the fullname is calculated. If it is "First Last", change it to
"Last, First". After you changed this setting, the fullname will contain the
desired format and your views are sorted the way you want. The problem is
that the full names of existing records are not updated automatically. You
will get the old "First Last" until you update them.

If this doesn't answer the question: you can add the last name field to the
contact views and use it for sorting.

--
Michael

http://www.stunnware.com/crm

"Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is it possible to sort contacts by last name, first name instead of full
> name?

0
Michael

Public Contacts #2
I am new to exchange 2003, and the client has been using outlook, with a large contact list. We want to share that contact list with all employees. Ive used the pst merge utility to get the contacts into his exchange contacts folder, but i'm not sure this is the best way to go (just another click to manage on each user What is the best method to "share" external contacts (just regular smtp email) and have them available on or offline Also, if there is a way to import them into the "all address lists" folder that would be grea Thanks in advance You could create a publ...

Copy sheet in Excel
Hi Wonder if anyone of you encounter this problem before? When I try to copy worksheet in a workbook, the following prompt comes up, indicating name conflict. "A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aaaa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the name? - To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click Yes - To rename the range referred to in the formula or worksheet, click No, and enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box" When I clicked yes, another prompt comes up indicating ...

Converting a lead to an account and a contact through a workflow
Hi! I´ve tried to convert a lead to an account through a workflow using this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/05/19/workflow-phone-call-conversion-of-lead-to-opportunity.aspx My workflow is supposed to trigger when a Record attributes change: (made my own field) If Phone Call:An own field [Yes] then: Create Account Create Contact Change record status to: Regarding (Lead) Qualified The workflow doesn´t trigger. Does anyone no how the workflow should look like? For me it feels like the article is missing some steps in the beginning. Hi Martin, Is your Workflow R...

Missing Contacts #4
I've been backing my contacts regularly from Outlook 2000 exporting the address book to Excel: /File Import and Export Export to a File Microsoft Excel Contacts (folder) So when my hard drive crashed and burned a few weeks, I thought no problem. Fired up my new computer, imported the Excel file back into Outlook 2000 on the new system and... I now have names, addresses, phone numbers, and everything else for my contacts EXCEPT email addresses. What's up with this? QUESTION #1: Do email adresses not get exported when you output an address book to Excel? The old drive is toa...

Saving file to a differant name
In Excel 2003, I have a spreadsheet which i fill in for differant items. I then save a copy with the item number which is in Cell C:3. Is there a way to automate this process, Ie to-do a save as with the contents of cell C:3, from a button click of the toolbar. Thanks Garry Assign this macro to button on your Toolbar. Sub New_Name() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.Path _ & "\" & ActiveSheet.Range("C3").Value & ".xls" ...

How do I setup a name, home address and phone to automatically at.
when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone number that automatically appeared on my outgoing email. How do I setup the same for "Outlook" email which I recently purchased with Office 2003 Professional? Set it up in your signature, it's in the tools/options of Outlook. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Robert C. Sollars" wrote: > when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone numb...

viewing attachments #3
I have a user that has Office 2003 who is trying to view attachments. When she opens the attachment, it comes up a viewing the whole page. She is trying to get it so that all attachments opens on 100%. I have tried looking at the options but could not find anything related to attachments. I even tried sending a doc that was saved on 100% zoom. I am at a loss and need some help Thanks in advance! Is it opening in the new reading mode? You'll need to disable the reading mode option in Word's tools, options menu. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook...

Outlook Contacts Cards, Shortcut Possible?
In the Outlook (2003) Folder List under Contacts, if you open a particular card, in a particular card's window, on the General tab, you have drop-down options of saving with different arrangements of the Name. The different arrangements will place the card in a different alphabetical position when you view the whole folder. But sometimes a card deserves to be in more than one alphabetical position, perhaps both under the first name *and* the last name. And sometimes a card deserves to be in more than one Contact folder. You could save copies of the card with different names, but then ea...

maximizing MDI child view
Hi, When you maximize a view in an MDI app, all the other open views become maximized as well. Is there anyway to stop this behaviour? If the user maximized one view, I don't want to maximize all the others on him/her! Thanks I think you are maximizing the frame window, not the view. That's why they all follow since they all use the same frame. All of the views in one child frame will get maximized as well. Tom "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154867153.808615.124600@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > When you maximize a view...

after crash form displays #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

View Yahoo email in Outlook 2003
I have successfully set up an email account in Outlook 2003 to receive my Hotmail mail. However,I have tried to set up an email account in Outlook 2003 to receive my Yahoo mail but I cannot see my Yahoo mailbox from Outlook. I suspect that the Server URL in the Settings (HTTP) dialog is incorrect. I have tried using the URL from my usual Yahoo login (http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?) but that does not work. Does anyone know what does work for Yahoo? Thanks Try these server settings under eMail Settings/POP e-mail tab/Server Information Incoming: pop.mail.yahoo.com Outgoing: s...

Outlook 2010 Calendar view
Using my new Windows 7/Outlook 2010. Is there anyway to have the calendar view ONLY show time slots that are occupied with appointments? As it stands, I have to scroll to see the late night time-slots even when I have the settings for 1 hour entries. Lots of the screen is filled with blank time slots that I wish I could 'compress' to only see times with active appointments. I've tried looking at all the options I can see without success. Anyone have ideas? Thanks - On XP and Office 2003, I don't think I had this problem....but I can't remember now. -- --------...

Change default view on Service Calendar
Hi, Is there a way to change the default view on the Service Calenday. The default "type" is Resouce. I would like to change it to Faciliy/Equipment if that were possible. Any ideas on how to do this. I have searched many areas, but cannot pinpoint this. Thanks for any help in advance. Regards, Keener ...

Report View
Is it possible to change the fields that display for Reports in My Workplace. For example: I would like to remove Report Type and Modified On from the view. Thank you, Donna ...

VBA_ font name "+mj-lt"
Hi every one, I use .Font.name="+mj-lt" to apply heading and body text font , but later when I check the same font using If .Font.Name = "+mj-lt" Then some code Else debug.print .font.name End If it can't recognize the heading font although it prints the same name and in fact its the same font. Any thoughts? -- Best regards, Edward Hello Edward, I haven't understood your question completely. You can use +mj-lt to set the font name but "+mn-lt" are just representations that PowerPoint stores internal. When you query the f...

Mail Merge (Directory) using Outlook Contacts as source
I am very comfortable in doing a mail merge using various sources, but have never used Outlook Contacts. When I choose "Select from Outlook Contacts" and then "Choose Contact Folder" I can only access the contact folder in my personal folders rather than the main contact folder in Outlook. Any thoughts? Frank Start in the contacts folder you want to use and choose Tools | Mail = Merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart...

Comparing first and last names in two lists #3

Referring to CodeModule Sheet Name
When referring to: With XLDestWB.VBProject.VBComponents("Sheet1").CodeModule is it possible to refer to the code by Sheet1's tab name (e.g. "TabOne") rather than "Sheet1"? If not, how can I determine which Sheet number TabOne is (in VBA)? With XLDestWB.VBProject.VBComponents(worksheets("tabone").codename).CodeModule is one way. tcb wrote: > > When referring to: > > With XLDestWB.VBProject.VBComponents("Sheet1").CodeModule > > is it possible to refer to the code by Sheet1's tab name (e.g. > "Tab...

Push single contact field data into prepared excel workbook
I am new to macros but ameager to get some formulated to help run my small business. I have been trying to find some code which suits my requirement of pushing signgular fields from a contact into a pre-prepared excel book which is loaded with the next stage of macro-powered automation. I recieve enquiries both via email and by phone. I use my blackberry to save phone enquiries to address book and Anagram for Blackberry to capture the required contact data from our email enquiry form. Both are then synchronised with my Outlook contacts. Either from the point of creation, or through ...

Contact list #17
We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just multiple identical names in the list? Such as; John Doe - Business John Doe - Business Fax John Doe - Email 1 Any help will be appreciated..... -- Thanx, Hanksor Oregon City, Or Hanksor <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote: > We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to > show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just > multiple identical names in the list? What does "contact list" ...

Forms and old contacts.......
Hi U all...... Is there a way to change the form of an existing contact in Outlook 2002? I have emigrated to a new PC, but my forms didn't survive the move. So I have made a new form, but in my contacts subfolders all my contact are opened with the default form. I have gotten to this point that all new contacts are given the new form, but what about the old ones? If Outlook can change all contact to use default form, there surely must be a way to change it back, but I can't find it in the help file.... -- -- Regards Zadig Galbaras a perturbed Norwegian agnostic ...

Word 2008- Save and name with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a .dot template file that I use daily. I don't have a problem with the rest of the script but i'd like to replace two dialog boxes with text that i've already entered in fields DName and DOB, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to reference or pull the text out of these two text fields in a word 2008 document. Essentially the first two text form fields in the document contain the name and date of birth and i want to turn that into the file name. <br><br>i.e. what i've ...

MSWord2007 Equation: Two questions: display in text, space in function name
Q1. In text we usually need to place limits after e.g. \sum or \int operators but sometimes even in text we need to place the limits ABOVE and BELOW operators such \sum, \int, \bigwedge (like in the display style). How to achieve such effect in MSWord 2007 equation? Could someone please suggest some solutions? (I know I could use MicrosoftEquations3.0 where this i possible but I need achieve that in MSWord 2007 equation). In TeX (LaTeX) system I can use in text e.g.: $\sum\limits_{k=1}^n k^2=..$ to achieve (to force) the limits ABOVE and BELOW operator \sum. Q2. In ...

A chart needs to be created to show names and $ amounts 400-6K
I need to create a chart which contains $ values: 499; 500; 1500; 2300; 50,000; 199,601; 597,201; 494; 42,825.33. These are funds by group. The legend should show each group name as it correlates to the data plotted. THanks so much Did you try making a line chart? "ojpop" <ojpop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FE5FC7E-5254-460C-80E0-871C2055763A@microsoft.com... >I need to create a chart which contains $ values: 499; 500; 1500; 2300; > 50,000; 199,601; 597,201; 494; 42,825.33. These are funds by group. The > legend should show each group nam...

Sorting & Grouping On Multiple Fields
Hello, can anyone help me with this? I have four fields in a table call Team1, Team2, Team3 & Team4. Each of the fields are linked to a lookup table that has 22 team names. Persons in the database can be a part of up to four team. I wish to group my report by the 22 teams. My problem is how do I tell my report to check all four fields for each of the 22 team names before it starts to group. For example a person can be in a team call "Hawk" and that is listed in the field call Team1, while another person can also be in "Hawk" but have that listed in the field ...