Someone was able to insert Users of other domains in the CRM 4?

The domains are with all issues of trust made, but when I insert the error
appears.
When I writes the Login, fills the name.
It is very urgent ... Help me!!
0
Vnia (8)
4/10/2008 9:21:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

What is the error you are receiving?

"Vânia" wrote:

> The domains are with all issues of trust made, but when I insert the error
> appears.
> When I writes the Login, fills the name.
> It is very urgent ... Help me!!
0
Niths (71)
4/10/2008 2:26:03 PM
Hi,

The error is "An Error is ocucrred". Can you help me?
Thanks

"Niths" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the error you are receiving?
>

> "Vânia" wrote:
>

> > The domains are with all issues of trust made, but when I insert the error
> > appears.
> > When I writes the Login, fills the name.
> > It is very urgent ... Help me!!
0
Vnia (8)
4/11/2008 8:14:00 AM
Hi,

Turn dev errors on and see if it throws a friendly error message. Here is
how to do it:
1. Navigate to the installation path on the CRM web server
2. Open web.config.
3. Search for the DevErrors key, and set its value to On.
4. Save the file.

Are you trying to create a new user here?

"Vânia" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The error is "An Error is ocucrred". Can you help me?
> Thanks
>
> "Niths" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the error you are receiving?
> >

> > "Vânia" wrote:
> >

> > > The domains are with all issues of trust made, but when I insert the error
> > > appears.
> > > When I writes the Login, fills the name.
> > > It is very urgent ... Help me!!
0
Niths (71)
4/11/2008 8:22:01 AM
Hi,

I do this and appears the same mistake, why? In CRM 3 is different ......

I try to create in the CRM Web server in the new user in other areas.

I do not have the AD group "PrivReportingGroup", "PrivUSerGruop",
"SQLAccessGruop", "Reporting Gruop," is it the problem? Why that during
installation the groups were not created?

Thank you,

"Niths" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Turn dev errors on and see if it throws a friendly error message. Here is
> how to do it:
> 1. Navigate to the installation path on the CRM web server
> 2. Open web.config.
> 3. Search for the DevErrors key, and set its value to On.
> 4. Save the file.
>
> Are you trying to create a new user here?
>

> "Vânia" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The error is "An Error is ocucrred". Can you help me?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Niths" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What is the error you are receiving?

0
Vnia (8)
4/11/2008 10:13:02 AM
Yes, you must have these groups created in the AD. They should have been
created during the installation.

Refer to the implementation guide for details:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en

HTH,
Niths

"Vânia" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do this and appears the same mistake, why? In CRM 3 is different ......
>
> I try to create in the CRM Web server in the new user in other areas.
>
> I do not have the AD group "PrivReportingGroup", "PrivUSerGruop",
> "SQLAccessGruop", "Reporting Gruop," is it the problem? Why that during
> installation the groups were not created?
>
> Thank you,
>
> "Niths" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Turn dev errors on and see if it throws a friendly error message. Here is
> > how to do it:
> > 1. Navigate to the installation path on the CRM web server
> > 2. Open web.config.
> > 3. Search for the DevErrors key, and set its value to On.
> > 4. Save the file.
> >
> > Are you trying to create a new user here?
> >

> > "Vânia" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The error is "An Error is ocucrred". Can you help me?
> > > Thanks

0
Niths (71)
4/11/2008 10:27:01 AM
Please ignore my previous post! That was with reference to CRM 3.0.

You need to have 5 groups created in the AD at the time of installation in
CRM 4.0.

These are :
PrivReportingGroup
PrivUserGroup
SQLAccessGroup
ReportingGroup
UserGroup

HTH,
Niths

"Vânia" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do this and appears the same mistake, why? In CRM 3 is different ......
>
> I try to create in the CRM Web server in the new user in other areas.
>
> I do not have the AD group "PrivReportingGroup", "PrivUSerGruop",
> "SQLAccessGruop", "Reporting Gruop," is it the problem? Why that during
> installation the groups were not created?
>
> Thank you,
>
> "Niths" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Turn dev errors on and see if it throws a friendly error message. Here is
> > how to do it:
> > 1. Navigate to the installation path on the CRM web server
> > 2. Open web.config.
> > 3. Search for the DevErrors key, and set its value to On.
> > 4. Save the file.
> >
> > Are you trying to create a new user here?
> >

> > "Vânia" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The error is "An Error is ocucrred". Can you help me?
> > > Thanks

0
Niths (71)
4/11/2008 10:35:01 AM
hi,
I try to install and is not create. I can create the group manulay?
thanks.

"Niths" wrote:

> Yes, you must have these groups created in the AD. They should have been
> created during the installation.
>
> Refer to the implementation guide for details:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&displaylang=en
>
> HTH,
> Niths
>
> "Vânia" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do this and appears the same mistake, why? In CRM 3 is different ......
> >
> > I try to create in the CRM Web server in the new user in other areas.
> >
> > I do not have the AD group "PrivReportingGroup", "PrivUSerGruop",
> > "SQLAccessGruop", "Reporting Gruop," is it the problem? Why that during
> > installation the groups were not created?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > "Niths" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Turn dev errors on and see if it throws a friendly error message. Here is
> > > how to do it:
> > > 1. Navigate to the installation path on the CRM web server
> > > 2. Open web.config.
> > > 3. Search for the DevErrors key, and set its value to On.
> > > 4. Save the file.
> > >
> > > Are you trying to create a new user here?

0
Vnia (8)
4/11/2008 11:08:01 AM
Hello,

Yes I know but I have implemantio Guy of CRM 4. :)
Okay, then I will create the groups and re-install the crm or does it only
need repair?

Thank you a lot!!!!

"Niths" wrote:

> Please ignore my previous post! That was with reference to CRM 3.0.
>
> You need to have 5 groups created in the AD at the time of installation in
> CRM 4.0.
>
> These are :
> PrivReportingGroup
> PrivUserGroup
> SQLAccessGroup
> ReportingGroup
> UserGroup
>
> HTH,
> Niths
>

> "Vânia" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do this and appears the same mistake, why? In CRM 3 is different ......
> >
> > I try to create in the CRM Web server in the new user in other areas.
> >
> > I do not have the AD group "PrivReportingGroup", "PrivUSerGruop",
> > "SQLAccessGruop", "Reporting Gruop," is it the problem? Why that during
> > installation the groups were not created?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > "Niths" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Turn dev errors on and see if it throws a friendly error message. Here is
> > > how to do it:
> > > 1. Navigate to the installation path on the CRM web server
> > > 2. Open web.config.
> > > 3. Search for the DevErrors key, and set its value to On.
> > > 4. Save the file.
> > >
> > > Are you trying to create a new user here?

0
Vnia (8)
4/11/2008 11:33:01 AM
I'd suggest you re-install it. Hope it resolves the issue.

HTH,
Niths

"Vânia" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes I know but I have implemantio Guy of CRM 4. :)
> Okay, then I will create the groups and re-install the crm or does it only
> need repair?
>
> Thank you a lot!!!!
>
> "Niths" wrote:
>
> > Please ignore my previous post! That was with reference to CRM 3.0.
> >
> > You need to have 5 groups created in the AD at the time of installation in
> > CRM 4.0.
> >
> > These are :
> > PrivReportingGroup
> > PrivUserGroup
> > SQLAccessGroup
> > ReportingGroup
> > UserGroup
> >
> > HTH,
> > Niths
> >

> > "Vânia" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I do this and appears the same mistake, why? In CRM 3 is different ......
> > >
> > > I try to create in the CRM Web server in the new user in other areas.
> > >
> > > I do not have the AD group "PrivReportingGroup", "PrivUSerGruop",
> > > "SQLAccessGruop", "Reporting Gruop," is it the problem? Why that during
> > > installation the groups were not created?
> > >
> > > Thank you,

0
Niths (71)
4/11/2008 11:50:01 AM
Hi,
I do all again...I install CRM and the groups are created, but I can't
insert users another domain.......

Its not work.

"Niths" wrote:

> I'd suggest you re-install it. Hope it resolves the issue.
>
> HTH,
> Niths
>
> "Vânia" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Yes I know but I have implemantio Guy of CRM 4. :)
> > Okay, then I will create the groups and re-install the crm or does it only
> > need repair?
> >
> > Thank you a lot!!!!
> >
> > "Niths" wrote:
> >
> > > Please ignore my previous post! That was with reference to CRM 3.0.
> > >
> > > You need to have 5 groups created in the AD at the time of installation in
> > > CRM 4.0.
> > >
> > > These are :
> > > PrivReportingGroup
> > > PrivUserGroup
> > > SQLAccessGroup
> > > ReportingGroup
> > > UserGroup
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Niths

0
Vnia (8)
4/11/2008 3:47:00 PM
This is a AD problem not a CRM problem.

To be able to add users from other domains to a CRM security group you need
to convert the CRM security groups from "Gobal" to "Universal" (and then
optionally to Domain Local - by memory)

To do that you need to raise the domain functional level using AD tools (AD
Domains and Trusts by memory, possibly AD Users and Computers)

HTP

"V�nia" <Vnia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I do all again...I install CRM and the groups are created, but I can't
> insert users another domain.......
>
> Its not work.
>

> "Niths" wrote:
>
>> I'd suggest you re-install it. Hope it resolves the issue.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Niths
>>
>> "V�nia" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Yes I know but I have implemantio Guy of CRM 4. :)
>> > Okay, then I will create the groups and re-install the crm or does it
>> > only
>> > need repair?
>> >
>> > Thank you a lot!!!!

0
discussions (171)
4/13/2008 6:27:54 PM
hi,

I did this, but continues to make the same mistake.

thank you.

"Peter Lynch" wrote:

> This is a AD problem not a CRM problem.
>
> To be able to add users from other domains to a CRM security group you need
> to convert the CRM security groups from "Gobal" to "Universal" (and then
> optionally to Domain Local - by memory)
>
> To do that you need to raise the domain functional level using AD tools (AD
> Domains and Trusts by memory, possibly AD Users and Computers)
>
> HTP
>

> "Vânia" <Vnia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I do all again...I install CRM and the groups are created, but I can't
> > insert users another domain.......
> >
> > Its not work.
> >

> > "Niths" wrote:
> >
> >> I'd suggest you re-install it. Hope it resolves the issue.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Niths

0
Vnia (8)
4/14/2008 9:35:01 AM
hi,
I think the problem is that I have apppool in NEtwork System and should have
no IIS_WPG member of NEtWork System, and can not do that.

Who can help me?

"Vânia" wrote:

> The domains are with all issues of trust made, but when I insert the error
> appears.
> When I writes the Login, fills the name.
> It is very urgent ... Help me!!
0
Vnia (8)

crm consultant needed asap

users with restricted access

Office 2007 forms

product key #4
I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to register office on my mac (office was pre-installed). Where do I enter in this product key in the mac office trial software in order for me to get full access? In article <1190872643.026720.79220@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, jaime825@gmail.com wrote: > I have a product key for microsoft office which I purchased for my pc > several months back. I am now trying to use that same product key to > register office on my mac (office was pre...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Congratulations! This has been a MEB-free newsgroup for 4 weeks.
We all deserve a pat on the back. This has been a MEB-free workplace for over 4 weeks - practically the entire month of June. As Microsoft turns off it's usenet server and removes this newsgroup from it's server, we have seen the last of Maurice Edward Brahier and as this group continues to exist outside of Microsoft we will never again see him post to this group. The fact that he has been a fraud and not a real user of Windows 98 for many months if not years probably has something to do with that. His incoherent and rambling posts, written in a particularly obtuse form ...

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

What is the technical reason for native mode requirement of the domain?
.... what is the technical reason, why CRM can only be installed in a domain in native mode? Regards, Thomas Hello, It's for supporting group nesting which is used in MS CRM. IMO and as far as I know, it is the only reason for the native AD requirement. HTH. Nicolas >-----Original Message----- >.... what is the technical reason, why CRM can only be installed in a domain >in native mode? > >Regards, >Thomas > > >. > Nicolas Hognon wrote: [...] > It's for supporting group nesting which is used in MS CRM. > > IMO and as far as I know, it i...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Removing spaces from text #4
I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any easy way to remove this space? Use the TRIM() function. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1144876429.220961.309040@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm in excel and i have a bunch of text data that has an extra space at > the end of the text on the right hand side for each cell. Is there any > easy way to remove this space? > I tried using that function but the results st...

Status Bar #4
Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the Excel Status Bar which allows you to select a range of cells and view the Sum, Average etc of those cells? Thanks. It's the AutoCalculate feature: AutoCalculate feature is working even if that feature is turned off http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=325703 XL7: CTRL+Click Selected Cell Changes AutoCalculate Value http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=133050 Alex wrote: > Hi - can anyone tell me what the "official" name is for the facility on the > Excel St...

OLE Notes #4
Windows Server 2000 SP4 MS SQL Server 2000 SP4 MS Dynamics 9.0 SP3 When a note is entered on a vendor card (Cards, Purchasing, Vendor, Note icon) a dialog box titled OLE Pathname appears. The purpose is a shared notes location. If the user clicks ok or cancel without entering a path, where is the note stored? I have two vendors that have the exact same note, entered at the exact same time, by the same user. In theory this should not be possible. The OLE path is not specified in the dex.ini file. -- Thanks Titan Did you not find the note in SY03900 table on the company? The vendor c...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...