Solution

Currently we have our CRM templates (to use for mail merging) saved locally.
We would like to move these onto a shared drive on our network.  However, the
problem is that when they are shared, we are experiencing a normal.dot issue
because it is being accessed by more than one person at a time.

We are told there is no way around the normal.dot issue.  So we are fine
storing the templates locally.  However, we would like to set up a process
for updating these templates periodically, in the event that changes/updates
need to be made.  Since they are stored locally, not everyone would receive
the updates though.

Is there an automatic process to set up to achieve this?  We are trying to
avoid making changes to a master copy and having to manually copy the files
to all of the users.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

AP Module Solution
Does anyone use an AP product that integrates with Dynamics GP that they are happy with? We are looking for something that would help us go paperless, so it would have to have the ability to import invoices or scan them, have an approval process and issue payments. If you do, please let me know. Also, I would be interested in knowing if the solution runs on your servers or on the third-parties servers? Bob, May I know why you can't use the A/P solution in Dynamics GP itself? what's stopping you. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Bob Harr...

mystery number solution
I have a number of values that are $s . I also have a sum of some of these numbers. I need a formula to figure out which numbers add to my total. I do not know how many numbers will equal my total. TIA -- Keven I've written software that will do this. You have a column of numbers- let's call it the pool- and a subset of numbers in the pool add up to your sum. How many numbers are in your pool? Keven, I can't think of a mathematical answer to this, looks like a trial and error type of thing. My approach would be to sort your numbers into order. Take the largest number aw...

Solution for WinZip Companion for Outlook 1.0 Unspecified Error
I have been running into a maddening error with WinZip Companion for Outlook 1.0. Online searches and diagnostic logging didn't reveal anything, so I emailed WinZip tech support. Below is my initial email and their response. The scenario (using Word as the Outlook 2003 email editor while running Adobe 6.0 Standard) applies for my user, so I'm going to try to upgrade to Adobe 7.0. Hope this post helps others. Cheers, Phil ================================ Frequently, when creating new emails, a user will get the following error message: WinZip Companion for Outlook Error 800004005 in ...

HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical)
HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Business Solutions (Microsoft Small Business Financials) Need one resource each for Functional and Technical roles. Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 12+ Months Funtional : This person will be responsible for the requirements gathering and setting up the system. Technical : This person will be responsible for installing and maintaining th...

Cluster or Mirror Solution for Member Server
Hi all, I have a client whose needs are: SBS 2003 R2 , 2 NICs, ISA Installed Create a solution through cluster or mirror of a member server where he runs "critical" LOB. If the server 1 goes down, server 2 comes right on. Can anyone share some ideas on this? Thanks, Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01CB2F0E.DBF58760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Daniel Please note that this venue is due to be closed in a few days and you=20 will get mu...

ADD USB3.0 PORT(s) to a LAPTOP WITHOUT "ExpressCard"
Has anyone of your laptops craved for USB3.0, yet missing "ExpressCard" slot normally required for that adapter (at present is popping up everywhere for $29-50, my fav is "PatriotMemory" brand)? Brand new laptops sometimes come out w/o an ExpressCard slot - I can explan the reason but it's not a subject of this Article. Here's my soilution which worked. Disclaimers: 1) YOU WILL BLATANTLY VOID LAPTOP'S WARRANTY! As of me, I never cared for warranties, electronics these days is cheap, reliable and I can fix most down to SMT formfactor, more impo...

RE: server based archive solution #2
i was looking for a good server based email archive solutions...we currently have inidividual users using Outlook archive but i wanted to move the "responsibility" of archiving to the server-level ; the MSFT exchange sites lists some vendors (http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/partners/archivingandcompliance.asp) but i was wondering what other people had used and what they liked/disliked about the product they chose (or evaluated) ; thanks for any help!! Aloaha is quite good in archiving. If you buy their product they nearly implement you all feature requests. "Sunish Abraham...

FAT(32) media sometimes accessible, sometimes not -- strange solution found
I wrote earlier of a problem on one machine with XP Home SP3. It would not read floppies of FAT32-formatted thumb drives that were readable on other machines. I could format a floppy on this machine, but DIR claimed that it did not have a recognizable file system. RMB -> Properties showed the file system as RAW. Now I find that this happens only if the machine is booted with no FAT32-formatted media attached. If I boot up with a FAT32-formatted external drive or thumb drive in place, it can read them and will continue to be able to read FAT(32) media even when the one(s) pr...

Time-Card Solutions for GP Manufacturing
I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP. Are there any other competing solutions that Customers or Partners are using/implementing? -- Tim Foster Maximum Data (An Accellos Company now) has a scanner system that is very good. I have it in use at several sites. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Tim Foster" wrote: > I've seen Time Matrix for Dynamics GP. > > Are there any other competing solutions t...

SPI Solution Selling Template for CRM 4.0
Is there a similar SP Solution Selling Template for CRM 4.0 that was available for CRM 3.0? I need to set up a new sales process in CRM 4.0 and be able to display sates stages and tasks as well as users to skip stages and task in the sales process. Appreciate any help. ...

IE opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution
Ever since I installed IE8 it opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution. I close that instance and another instance opens that runs OK. I figured when that first happened that MS would soon fix it but to my knowledge they haven't. Is that correct or am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thank ...

Develop solutions for MAC Office
Hi, I've been developing solutions for the PC version of Office in VS2005 and VS2008. Now one of my clients needs a solution that would work for both PC and MAC versions. I've never done development work for MAC and wondering if there's any direct way of creating MAC installer (don't know what's the equivalent of installers in MAC world) from my VS solutions that would run on MAC and install the add-in. Shujaat, You probably need to be aware that Mac Office 2008 does not have VBA is is probably the basis of your solution? It's promised for Mac Offic...

one solution to outlook "unable to connect to server"
For anyone getting the "unable to connect to server" error message ... By default, SBC DSL does not allow sending mail through smtp servers other than their own because they block port 25. A search of these groups and the web did not produce much reference to port 25 blocking as being the possible problem. I messed around with settings, different servers, different clueless support lines, and different email clients for hours. SBC phone support did not once mention that port 25 blocking could be the problem; I finally discovered that on my own, **buried in their very own online d...

problem and solution for MS CRM 3.0 outlook client
Hello, I installed the CRM 3.0 outlook client, and when I restarted outlook it gave the following error messages: There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." I used network monitor to determine that the server was sending back an 401 unauthorized error to the SOAP request WhoAmI. The solution i...

Server-side solution for disabling Outlook stationery
We're running an Exchange 2000 mail server, with users accessing their mailboxes via Outlook 2000 or 2002. We'd like to find a way to either disable e-mail stationery use from the server, or prevent outgoing mail from containing stationery, again from the server. Have tried a few ideas so far, with no success. Telling users to stop using stationery is an option we'd like to avoid (we're rather non-confrontational). We prefer to stop it from the back end. Any ideas? Jim Minardo Field Technician IC-2000 ...

Apparently no solution
I have posted a few times trying to find out if there is some way to fix the Preview Pane. It sometimes is available, sometimes it is not. Richard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have posted a few times trying to find out if there is > some way to fix the Preview Pane. It sometimes is > available, sometimes it is not. Does this happen within a single folder, or is it available in some folders but not others? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman It Outlook 2000. The folder doesn't matter. It is an intermittant problem with the Inbox folder i...

eCommerce solutions
We are currently looking to replace our existing B2B software. What is everyone using out there? I've seen Ignify & Azox, but not many others - but I've just begun searching. I'd love any suggestions of good (great) solutions being used on GP 10.0. If anyone is using Ignify - do you recommend it? Thanks! Have you considered looking into Nodus Technologies eCommerce solution? I have heard excellent reviews about it and highly recommend it. "Jen Yost" wrote: > We are currently looking to replace our existing B2B software. What is > e...

Common Bug
Hi, Im running word 2007 on windows 7 ultimate. When an image is inserted into a document and is larger than the current page it is automatically reduced in size to fit the page. Save the document, close it, reopen it and there will be unwanted black lines on the top and left hand edge of the image (like a black border on those sides). I think it is the auto resizing that causes it. If you search google there are a bunch of people with the same problem although i didnt find anyone identify it as due to the auto resizing. e.g. http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.docmanag...

Final solution to MAPI Error Message
-- JOHN HASKINS After experiencing the error generated message for all mapi problems trying to use the send email functions in Office 2007, including Word 2007, I now have solved the mystery. It was incredible all the postings I have read, dating back to 2005 about this problem. To make a long story short, follow this Microsoft link. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN=US;918792 If the typed in link is not highlighted, just copy and paste to your browser. The main Topics of this article [ Article ID: 918792 - Dec 15, 2009- revision 4 ] is to 1. verify your...

Best solution VBA/C++
Hello I am seeking some advice on the best solution for a small program I have to build. I need to design a program which can be launched in Excel, would acquire some data from Excel, then run some cash flow calculations (so mostly working on multiple small arrays with a lot of conditions and simple calculations) and would run some monte carlo simulations. So basically I need a program which would be fast enough so that I can run my calculations 1,000s of times in a reasonable time, that would have access to a proper random number generator (I guess I have to go for a commercial product for ...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

feedback on SPAM filtering solutions
Any one want to chime in on what are the "better" solutions for spam filtering with Exchange 2003? I have looked at GFI Mail Essentials, Symantec Mail Security, and McAfee SPAMKiller. Any suggesstions or comments are welcome. Thanx! I'm using Sybari's Advanced Spam defense. So far it's catching 99% of all spam. I'm very happy with their product. "timg" wrote: > Any one want to chime in on what are the "better" solutions for spam > filtering with Exchange 2003? I have looked at GFI Mail Essentials, > Symantec Mail Security, and Mc...

ACH Solution
Hi everyone: We need to transmit ACH payments electronically to our bank. We have a file that shows us the specifications required. Can anyone recommend a good software application that works with generating the file? Thank you in advance for any information. Jason On Nov 6, 11:08 am, jason <ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everyone: > > We need to transmit ACH payments electronically to our bank. We have a file > that shows us the specifications required. Can anyone recommend a good > software application that works with generating the file? > > Tha...

New Backup Solution
I'm going to be replacing my 72GB (3x36GB) RAID 5 with a 292GB (3x146GB) RIAD 5 and will also need to change my backup strategy. I'm currently using a DAT72 tape drive with SBS2003 and I'm slowing excluding more and more from the backup so it will fit on the tapes (don't worry... using an external USB w/ Robocopy for the rest). Keeping SBS2008 in mind, I'm contemplating just using external USB drives but I've been given a competitive quote on Backup Exec (for SBS) with a DLT 160/320 tape solution and I'm told that this is far superior to the native ...

solution sort of found
Well, I found a solution, if not the solution. a three finger salute. aka: rebooted the server. Thanks ...