SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542 Source: System.Web.Services #2

I get this exception when I execute this code to retreive a CRM
contact.  Any ideas as to what the proxy class is looking for that it
cannot find.  I do not have the directory structure the erro message
calls for.

Exception:
SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040217The specified object was not
found.D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\entity.inl1542
Source: System.Web.Services

Code:
// strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server
string strServer = "crm";

// virtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM
// virtual directory on the platform Web server
string virtualDirectory = "mscrmservices";
string strDir = "http://" + strServer + "/" + virtualDirectory + "/";

// BizUser proxy object
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser ();
bizUser.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
bizUser.Url = strDir + "BizUser.srf";

// CRMContact proxy object
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMContact contact = new
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMContact ();
contact.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
contact.Url = strDir + "CRMContact.srf";

string strErrorMsg;
string strContactId = "{ECF99EF1-3858-4E06-ABD9-EBFE526BF9FF}";
string strContactXml;
string rtn;
try
{
Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth = bizUser.WhoAmI();

// Retrieve the contact. Passing in a null string for ColumnSet
retrieves all columns
strContactXml = contact.Retrieve(userAuth, strContactId, "");
rtn = strContactXml;
}
catch (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException err)
{
	// Process the platform error here
	strErrorMsg = ("(SoapException) ErrorMessage: " + err.Message + " " +
err.Detail.OuterXml + " Source: " + err.Source );
	rtn = strErrorMsg;
			}
	catch (Exception err)
	{
		// Process other errors here
		strErrorMsg = ("ErrorMessage: " + err.Message );
		rtn = strErrorMsg;
	}
	return rtn;
0
ggalambos (3)
6/30/2004 8:52:16 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Set request parameters for web services

VC++ is not supporting Platform SDK!
Dear sir/madam, I am working on winamp general purpose pluggin "gen_whatsplaying " project I downloaded the project "gen_whatsplaying" available on www.schaffrath.net .. I am working on it, but getting many errors during compilation and building the application successfully. I am using MS VC++ 6.0 compiler to compile and build it. I also downloaded and installed the speech SDK 5.1 from MS site and Winamp SDK's from Winamp's web site on my PC to remove the errors. But still I am getting many compilation and linking errors during the build, and therefore unable to ...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Using expression builder object
Hi, I'm developing a wizzard in Access which builds import templates for various data sources to a fixed set of tables. In step 3 the users must be able to build an expression ; for instance Left([Fieldx],20) . Now I would like to have a command button on my form which calls the Access expression builder to allow the users to use this to build the expression. This expression will then be stored in a text box linked to the templates table. Anybody know how to call and use this object from VBA code? -- Kind regards Noëlla DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInvokeBuilder I th...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

How to restore entire server?

Newbie Question: Using Web Services
Hello All. I've been trying to implement Infopath with CRM with no success. I've tried the example, http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crminfopathcrmintegration.asp, to no avail. I have followed the example to the letter, but find the information about publishing the Web Service to the server to be somewhat lacking. Admittedly, I am not a programmer, and I am continually running into an error in line 54: xmlDoc.LoadXml(objQuery.ExecuteQuery(objBizUser.WhoAmI(), strAllAccountsFetchXML)); Has anyone else ...

matching contents #2

Please ignore #2

CRM tools
Hi, I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't find. Example CRMDiag and more patches that repair a lot of knowed errors and warrings. Anybody know an url to download them? thanks Hello, If you have any problems with your CRM deployment you can issue a support call to Microsoft Dynamics. They will supply you with these tools if this is needed to resolve the case. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "makeio" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm working with CRM, and i listening about many tools that i didn't > find. Example CRMDiag and mor...

SOAP Exception