Slow acces CRM 3.0

Hi,

We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM 
with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.

Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We 
installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish all 
recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an account 
it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??

thanks in advance
0
Utf
10/17/2006 4:35:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
734 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing in 
CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's that 
you describe.  Could it perhaps be that there is tracing enabled?

Turning it off in the registry was all that was required to speed it up to 
the expected speed.

Cheers
Rihan
"Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:F4B9F689-F28B-40B9-A3F4-FDF4D16798C0@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM
> with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.
>
> Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We
> installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish 
> all
> recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an 
> account
> it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??
>
> thanks in advance 


0
Rihan
10/17/2006 9:40:54 PM
Hi Rihan,

How can I know if tracing in CRM is enabled?

Thank you

"Rihan Meij" wrote:

> I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing in 
> CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's that 
> you describe.  Could it perhaps be that there is tracing enabled?
> 
> Turning it off in the registry was all that was required to speed it up to 
> the expected speed.
> 
> Cheers
> Rihan
> "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:F4B9F689-F28B-40B9-A3F4-FDF4D16798C0@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM
> > with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.
> >
> > Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We
> > installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish 
> > all
> > recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an 
> > account
> > it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??
> >
> > thanks in advance 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
10/18/2006 8:03:02 AM
On CRM server, click 'Start', 'Run', type 'regedit'

Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\

Check that 'TraceEnabled' is set to 0


"Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:91E95509-5B66-4DEA-B651-E86F38298F5A@microsoft.com...
> Hi Rihan,
>
> How can I know if tracing in CRM is enabled?
>
> Thank you
>
> "Rihan Meij" wrote:
>
>> I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing 
>> in
>> CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's 
>> that
>> you describe.  Could it perhaps be that there is tracing enabled?
>>
>> Turning it off in the registry was all that was required to speed it up 
>> to
>> the expected speed.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Rihan
>> "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:F4B9F689-F28B-40B9-A3F4-FDF4D16798C0@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using 
>> > CRM
>> > with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.
>> >
>> > Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. 
>> > We
>> > installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We 
>> > accomplish
>> > all
>> > recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an
>> > account
>> > it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??
>> >
>> > thanks in advance
>>
>>
>> 


0
Daniel
10/18/2006 12:32:08 PM
Hi,

We haven't this variable.

 We could win something if we create this variable and put in 0 value?

"Daniel Tan" wrote:

> On CRM server, click 'Start', 'Run', type 'regedit'
> 
> Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\
> 
> Check that 'TraceEnabled' is set to 0
> 
> 
> "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:91E95509-5B66-4DEA-B651-E86F38298F5A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Rihan,
> >
> > How can I know if tracing in CRM is enabled?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "Rihan Meij" wrote:
> >
> >> I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing 
> >> in
> >> CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's 
> >> that
> >> you describe.  Could it perhaps be that there is tracing enabled?
> >>
> >> Turning it off in the registry was all that was required to speed it up 
> >> to
> >> the expected speed.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Rihan
> >> "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:F4B9F689-F28B-40B9-A3F4-FDF4D16798C0@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using 
> >> > CRM
> >> > with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.
> >> >
> >> > Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. 
> >> > We
> >> > installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We 
> >> > accomplish
> >> > all
> >> > recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an
> >> > account
> >> > it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??
> >> >
> >> > thanks in advance
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
10/18/2006 2:22:02 PM
Is your reporting services setup correctly?? 

"Marcos" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM 
> with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.
> 
> Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We 
> installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish all 
> recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an account 
> it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??
> 
> thanks in advance
0
Utf
10/18/2006 7:01:02 PM
I've some problem with Reports because always It's ask for user/password. The 
installation was fine and we follow Microsoft instructions.

I read, in another posts, that sometimes is necessary modify configuration 
of reporting services but I don't know what and why.

thank you

"MEL" wrote:

> Is your reporting services setup correctly?? 
> 
> "Marcos" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > 
> > We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM 
> > with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client.
> > 
> > Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We 
> > installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish all 
> > recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an account 
> > it's delay about 10 seconds. Why??
> > 
> > thanks in advance
0
Utf
10/19/2006 9:41:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

Slow server
I have two questions. Our email server is running win2k and exchange 2k3. We have a dual processor P3 650mhz with 1gb ram 210gb raid data drive. This is all for 100 users. Our email is taking up to 1 hour to send or recieve. Is our server underpowered? Also I am getting alot of application log errors saying a non-delivery report with status code of 4.0.0 (or sometimes 5.0.0 or 5.4.0) has been gererated. What does this mean and how do I fix it. I have the mircosoft press exchange server books and I can't seem to get this taken care of. Any help would be great. Thanks, Da...

why are the applications in Office 2008 so slow to open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Word, Excel, Power Point all take about three minutes to open a document, etc the first time for the day. Why is this and is there something I can do about it? <br><br>Thanks On 2/27/10 11:59 AM, JanetHudgins@officeformac.com wrote: > Excel, Power Point all take about three minutes to open a document, etc > the first time for the day. Why is this and is there something I can do > about it? See this link for options: http://bit.ly/dBPSB5 I see you are on a PowerPC. Since Office 2008...

Microsoft CRM Demo License
Where can i get a copy of the Microsoft CRM Demo License so that i can demo it to my organization? Hi Sinu, Try this link for all 90 day demo versions of CRM4: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9c110fd-aac8-4d2a-b401-7801b1866e82&DisplayLang=en Regards, Rob -- CRM 4.0 Consultant (www.k-s-l.co.uk) "Sinu" wrote: > Where can i get a copy of the Microsoft CRM Demo License so that i can > demo it to my organization? > > You could also try this link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=dd939ed9-87a5-4c13-b212-a922cc0...

Unable to send email to another CRM User
A very Tricky one!! I am having MS CRM 3 working without any issues. Emails are getting tracked. You can send emails to outside domain contacts. Queue gets the email from outside and no issues anywhere. But when you send an email from user CRM web client to another user it does not show up in the outlook. I have changed the user email address to yahoo and other email it works fine. where's the issue? CRM user also exists in the CRM as contact even if I send them then its not got going. I concluded if you send email from same domain to same domain where CRM is installed emails ar...

MSCRM 3.o post upgrade
After upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0, the security groups are not editable. When looking at the security, there is no option to save changes. Is this a result of the upgrade from 3.0? And to modify the groups, is the only option to create a new group that mimics the old one and then move users to the new one? Which groups and in which BU? v3.0 introduced a change with Roles in that they can only be edited at the "top" of their hierarchy. In v1.x you could override priviledges at a sub-BU for the sane role, that is no longer allowed. As a result, you can only edit the role at...

How to remove CRM Tasks from my Outlook
I have installed my CRM Client for Outlook and found that all my assiged tasks from CRM also now appear in outlook. I can understand this is by design, but as also connect to my outlook from home and use tasks for private stuff, is there anyway to disable this ? Fares This doesn't have to be a problem. When you use Tasks for private stuff and you create them in Outlook at home, you just don't use the "Track in CRM" button on that task. That way your personal tasks don't end up in CRM. However, if you don't want to synchronize tasks at all, you could take a lo...

Dynamic SQL Query and CRM Report parameter
Hello Everyone, Right now I am working on a CRM reporting. I am using SQL server 2005 Reporting services. In my Report I want to pass Field name as a parameter from Report interface. My query is as Following: ------------------------------------------------------ DECLARE @SQL AS nvarchar(1000) DECLARE @Param1 AS nvarchar(50) SET @SQL = 'Select Field1, Field2,'+@Param1+' AS Field3 FROM Table1' ------------------------------------------------------ @Param was difined in 'Report Parameters' and I initialed it. I use Field1,Field2 and Field3 in report layout. I use @...

password to open outlook #3
Is there : 1) a way to password protect Outlook to open it (similar to OE)? (not the password to get the email on the server but to open it up initially). 2) a way to have multiple identities in Outlook (similar to OE)? Carl ...

SumProduct/SUMIF? #3
Awesome you RULE, It works great!!!!!!!! -- kkondrat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkondrat1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26650 You're welcome (from us ..) ! <g> -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "kkondrat1" <kkondrat1.1dpi3a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kkondrat1.1dpi3a@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Awesome you RULE, It wor...

Publishing CRM in ISA 2004 on Port 5555
2004 Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 for SBS using the CRM defaults. It created the website using port 5555. How do I publish this through ISA so that I can access it via the internet? Do I Publish a Web Server or Create a New Access Rule, and with either, what settings do I use? The website is located on my server under the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb folder. Please let me know. Thanks, Andrew ...

Testing #3
testing ...

Slow opening Excel files after accessing them through a folder shortcut
Situation identically reproduced on two PCs, both running WinXP SP2 and Office 2003 all fully up-to-date. I have several Excel files stored in a subfolder. If I create a shortcut of this subfolder on my desktop and click on this shrotcut to access this subfolder to open the Excel files => it takes ages to start Excel and to open the file. If I access the same file but through the explorer by browsing to the folder itself (means not acccessing the folder through the folder shortcut created on my desktop) => all is OK, fast Excel launch and file opening. That's a very weird one !!!...

Duplicate record checking should be included with CRM
Duplicate record checking/auditing should be included with CRM. That seems to be one of the fundamental basics for keeping CRM data clean and at this time it's a 3rd party purchased add on. dph ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft...

Creating contact in CRM under a particular account
Hello all, I have a CSV file from which I need to export contacts in CRM. The problem is that I need to create accounts according to the company name of the contacts and put the relevant contacts under the account expected. Now, I am able to create accounts and contacts individually using the CRM sdk 3.0, using the CrmService class with contact and account class. But I am not getting how I can add a contact under a particular account. Can anyone help me as to what property should I use? I found a suggestion on the internet to use the parentcustomerid so I wrote the following code, (after s...

CFileDialog Question #3
Hi guys, If I do something like this: --- CFileDialog(...); CString path=dlg.GetPathName(); // now do a long operation --- ....the dialog box is visible (with the file selection area blank) until my long operation is complete. Well, suffice to say it's ugly. So what should I do ? I'm using VC6 (SP5) on XP Pro Thanks. "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote in message news:%23K8WEsscFHA.3204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > > If I do something like this: > > --- > CFileDialog(...); > CString path=dlg.GetPathName(); > > // now do ...

Integration Manager GP 10.0
I have just installed Microsoft Dynamics 10 for the first time and have loaded the integration manager. This was not an upgrade but on a standalone system simply for testing. I have 4 preset up integrations that I would like to import into the integration manager. These integrations have worked on previous versions of Great Plains up to and including version 9.0. I receive the following error message when trying to import the IM.MDB file: Could not load file or assembly 'IMProvider.RootProvider or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Details: msco...

Newbie Question #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3D9D5.D2B19260 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Exchange 2000 Front end with an exchange 2003 back end - i am = having problems with OWA authentication to this 2003 back end server. = the login screen pops up three times and then you get an ACCESS DENIED = page. Any ideas on this? Rummie ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C3D9D5.D2B19260 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE...

Customise Outlook Today #3
Hi I have been using Microsoft Office 2000 running under Windows 93SE for several years but now find that the "customise Outlook today" button no longer works. I have not made any changes to the way in which the program is configured and cannot find the reason for this problem. Does anyone have any idea as to how this could have happened and how it might be rectified? Many thanks Jim Henry OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staple...

MS CRM opportunity in Vietnam for junior CRM profile
Hello, A companyis searching for a confirmed but junior CRM dev profile in Vietnam. Mandatory: perfect knowledge of MS CRM+ASP.NET+ Vietnamien+french and...english. "Poste ouvert � un profile junior, r�sident sur Saigon." Contact M.Pham Ngoc Cf: http://www.addonnice.com/site/1044/Investors.aspx Thanks ...

Use of MS Dynamics CRM in Utility Billing
Hello Friendz, I was wondering if we can easily use Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 for 'Utility Billing System and Print Presentment'. This also involves use of handheld devices for reading meters and bill presentment. In case you know about a better solution for this requirement, please share that with me. -- Regards, Dave Banerjee Cell: 0060 17331 4676 | email: IfThenElseEndIf@msn.com | IfThenElseEndIf@GMail.com That depends on what you mean by "easily" ;-) CRM out of the box will provide a great, flexible platform to quickly develop a robust business solution. Fro...

Saving new address records in CRM 3.0
Greetings! We have an issue with saving new address records. It seems as though if we create an account or contact and during that initial setup, create the primary address, all seems to be well. The address is saved and can be edited. If only account/contact information is filled out on the initial account or contact form (leaving the below address information blank), and then we save that and then try to add an address, it never saves the information you place in the textfields. We just tried installing Rollup 2, and that didn't help. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in adva...

CRM Login Problems
So I finally got CRM 1.2 installed all the way. I had many many many problems during installation, but after a format, all the problems went away... odd. But now, I've added a user to the User Manager as a System Administrator, but I can't login. They have a liense assigned to them, and I even manually added them to almost every CRM group I can find, starting with the group they are a member of (system administrator). When I go to login, I get an authorization prompt and I enter my domain\username and password, but it just prompts me again. After the third or so time, I get "HTTP...

Converting Leads in 4.0 appears to lose Notes entries
When I Convert a Lead the Account, Contact and Opportunity records are created just fine. All the data in the Lead record is transferred to logical places in the Account, Contact and Opportunity records except the Lead Notes entries. They don't seem to appear anywhere in the 3 new records. Am I just missing them somewhere where I'm not looking? Or is there something I should do differently to cause them to be copied to at least 1 of the new records? Thank you for any help! Notes have never been copied from the Lead to the converted records (Account, Contact, Opportunity)....

CRM not on same geographical location as Outlook
Hi, I am exploring possibilities to implement CRM in my company. Problem is, my Outlook is on an external server at the corporate headquarter in Germany (while I'm in France). Question: Do I need to install CRM on the same geographical location to be effectively linked to my Outlook or can I perhaps install CRM here in France while the Outlook stays on the server in Germany? Can you perhaps tell me whether this type of probleme has already been posted and if so, where? -- Best regards Oliver I think the answer here depends on how you are accessing Outlook if it's in Germany...