Simple Workflow Email Not Working

I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow
that emails someone when "x" is completed.

So as a test I created a new work flow...

Name: Test1
Entity: Account
Event: Create

I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me:

When account is created
E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been
created

I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager.  Then
after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the
rule.  But when I create a new account, I do not receive any emails...

Please advise if you know what I am doing wrong.  Thank you!

0
ooverit (3)
1/2/2008 6:33:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jan 2, 1:33 pm, oove...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow
> that emails someone when "x" is completed.
>
> So as a test I created a new work flow...
>
> Name: Test1
> Entity: Account
> Event: Create
>
> I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me:
>
> When account is created
> E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been
> created
>
> I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager.  Then
> after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the
> rule.  But when I create a new account, I do not receive any emails...
>
> Please advise if you know what I am doing wrong.  Thank you!

Anyone?
0
ooverit (3)
1/7/2008 3:58:52 PM
Was the e-mail activity created?

"ooverit@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Jan 2, 1:33 pm, oove...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow
> > that emails someone when "x" is completed.
> >
> > So as a test I created a new work flow...
> >
> > Name: Test1
> > Entity: Account
> > Event: Create
> >
> > I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me:
> >
> > When account is created
> > E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been
> > created
> >
> > I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager.  Then
> > after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the
> > rule.  But when I create a new account, I do not receive any emails...
> >
> > Please advise if you know what I am doing wrong.  Thank you!
>
> Anyone?

0
MS1 (44)
1/7/2008 9:07:02 PM
On Jan 7, 4:07 pm, MS <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Was the e-mail activity created?
>
> "oove...@gmail.com" wrote:
> > On Jan 2, 1:33 pm, oove...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I am new to workflows, and am trying to learn how to create a workflow
> > > that emails someone when "x" is completed.
>
> > > So as a test I created a new work flow...
>
> > > Name: Test1
> > > Entity: Account
> > > Event: Create
>
> > > I created a simple test, when an account is created, email me:
>
> > > When account is created
> > > E-mail To:Steve;Subject:Account {!Account:Account Name;} has been
> > > created
>
> > > I created this on the server through the CRM Workflow Manager.  Then
> > > after I Activate it, I login through my account on my PC and Apply the
> > > rule.  But when I create a new account, I do not receive any emails...
>
> > > Please advise if you know what I am doing wrong.  Thank you!
>
> > Anyone?

Yes they are!  Why are they not being emailed though? Thanks!
0
ooverit (3)

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

simple diplay
Hi All I need a formula for if A1 is greater than B1 or if A1 is equal to 0, then �OK�, otherwise display �Not OK� Simple but I cant work it out please help Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502348 Hi, =IF(OR(A1>B1,A1=0),"OK","NOT OK") Regards Govind. koba wrote: > Hi All > > I need a formula for if A1 is greater than B1 or if A1 is equal...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

Some good work
Hi Everybody I just able to create lookup field. And with this I can enble to show the lookup field of the same entity in the same form. So I think I got a way to get around the one-to-one and many-to-many relationship. Is not it good? Anyone need any help, let me know. Thanks and Regards -- Jaber ...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

Email restriction
A few days ago I asked if Icould restrict certain people from sending to our everyone email account and I was advised how to do this in the Exchange General tab. My question today is: Is there a way to allow our authenticated users and those authenticated users of another domain in our forest, ONLY? Kathy If you allow only authenticated users to send/receive mail between domains .... will this not stop emails coming in from the internet???????? Normally setting to receive mail from authenticated users only is a best practise for Distribution Lists. "Kathy" wrote: ...

Rule not working
Background: I have a user with two email addresses. His primary address is "joe@domain.com" and he has a second address called "info@domain.com". We are running SBS2003 with Exchange and the user is using Office 11. Goal: He wants all mail that is sent to the info@domain.com address to be forwarded to another user in the same domain. Problem: Sounds easy enough, right? When the Exchange server receives a piece of mail to info@domain.com, it renames the recipient to joe@domain.com thus causing our rule not run. Obviously we can't forward all mail to the o...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

Entourage Email replies appearing at bottom of recipients email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the content of my email is at the bottom of their original email and have to scroll down to read my message. I would prefer that they could see my message and signature together at the top of the email when they open it. (is that decipherable) On 3/9/10 5:58 PM, natstar@officeformac.com wrote: > When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the > content of my email is at the bottom of their original emai...

Multiple IF statement not working
I have numbers in cells b2, d2,e2, and f2. I am trying to write statment that will increment number in cell b2 by one for each cell (d2, e2, f2) that is greater than or equal to one. The following formula will not work if more than one cell (d2, e2, f2) has a zero in it: =IF(AND(D2>=1,E2>=1,F2>=1),B2+3,IF(OR(D2=0,E2=0,F2=0),B2+2,IF(AND (D2=0,E2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(D2=0,F2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(E2=0,F2=0),B2+1,))))) Does anyone know why? Try this =B2+COUNTIF(D2:F2,">=1") -- Wag more, bark less "Anthony" wrote: > I have numbers in cells b2, d...

POP3 and SSL not working 8(
Hi My pop3 ssl connection to exchange 5.5 mailboxes isnt working. The exchange server is NT4. I created an OpenSSL certificate and followed the MS guide to installing SSL certificates: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;175439 In Exchange administrator the pop3 protocoal is enabled for the site and the server, with 'Basic (Clear Text) using SSL' and 'Windows NT Challenge/Repsonse using SSL' ticked. The IIS key manager shows a key under POP3, the properties of this key shows it is not out of date, and is 'complete and usable' Do I have to do an...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

AutomaticScale doesn't work properly
Hi all a question a fellow employee has asked me earlyer: I have two identic formatted tables, with each 2 columns 1. Column contains each Month of the last 3 years 2. Column contains Data, normal numbers without link or whatever first table ranges from 98.8 to 109.3 second table from 100 to 136 Now i'm going to do two chart from those two tables: first table changes into a chart where the minimum is automatically set to 92, second table however has a minimum of 0!?? even when i change some of the numbers it stays like that! What points does excel take into consideration for calculating ...

Scheduled Active Directory Synchronization doesn't work
We have some troubles with scheduled AD synchronization with MOPS 2007. This error was appeared without visible reason. We have the following error in Application log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Office SharePoint Server Event Category: Project Server Active Directory Synchronization Event ID: 7715 Date: 22.01.2010 Time: 7:15:01 User: N/A Computer: SHHARA Description: Standard Information: PSI Entry Point: Project User: DOMAIN\runsql1service Correlation Id: d5ddd59b-b0d7-40a5-bb1c-7839c26608ea PWA Site URL: https://sh1.xxx.com/PWA SSP Name: SharedServices1 PSError...

time/date stamp on email
i used microsoft outlook for email. i sent an email to another outlook user and i wanted to find out if he's read it or not. is there any way to view the time/date that the person reads the email ? if you requested a read receipt and if the recipient uses a program that is capable of replying, yes. otherwise, no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

How do I check my email on another computer?
"LalaBobo" <LalaBobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADEB55F-1548-4A75-92FF-5D119532C946@microsoft.com... Go to it? <g> -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace, send newsletters Is it ISP mail (your ISP will have details) or a web based service like Yahoo or Hotmail? -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows ...

Please! The product release page filters are not working!!
After changing selection criteria, the result list does not honor those criteria. I select Great Plains New Releases for v8.0 and end up with all kinds of irrelevant items in the list. This is very frustrating! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Multiple email
Hi Could the same account/contact have multiple email address. If so,how do we seperate the email address by semicolon or comma? Any body has had this thought? Please share. Thanks I would organize my data so that an Account is the company and for each email address I would make a child Contact for that account. If you have one contact that has multiple email addresses, you can add them to a custom field on the contact form, but you won't be able to use them to send email from within CRM since CRM uses only a contact's primary email address. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.bl...

How do I calculate the percentage of email i receive over time
I would like to find a formula that calculates the amount of emails i receive, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly -- pearl Assuming the total number of emails in A1 and the beginning date for the period in B1: =A1/(YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(B1)+1) gives average per year =A1/INT(NOW() - B1) gives average per day =A1/INT(NOW() - B1)*7 gives average per week =A1/(((YEAR(NOW())-YEAR(B1))*12)+MONTH(NOW())) will give you average per month "Pearl" wrote: > I would like to find a formula that calculates the amount of emails i > receive, daily, weekly, monthly, and ye...

Blocking Unwanted Email
Is there a way to block unwanted email, spam, etc. from reaching my inbox? I've been using the junk email feature, but it only seems to be able to screen a few of the senders you identify. CVB What version of Outlook? Outlook's mail rules only act on mail after download so the mail will be delivered to your in-box. Rules take over from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...