simple question

How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now the
6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete the
from crm!

I don't find anything! so please help!

0
Seidl
3/15/2005 8:43:06 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Michael,

deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is deactivate
the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a license and role to
a user, this user is not able to do or view anything.

I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the
SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no reference
to this user in the whole system (which will be a lot of work to check) and
remove the user in every group of the CRM-OU in Active Directory...

Greetings

    Michael

"Seidl Michael" <seidl@mbs.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now
> the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete
> the from crm!
>
> I don't find anything! so please help!

0
Michael
3/15/2005 9:38:35 AM
first thanx for your help!

i can delete or deactivate this user in AD, but my my license ist lost!

That can not be! Is Microsoft stupid!

I only want the license back from my not needed user!

"Michael Erl" <Michael.Erl@pentasys.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Michael,
>
> deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is deactivate
> the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a license and role
> to a user, this user is not able to do or view anything.
>
> I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the
> SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no reference
> to this user in the whole system (which will be a lot of work to check)
> and remove the user in every group of the CRM-OU in Active Directory...
>
> Greetings
>
>    Michael
>

> "Seidl Michael" <seidl@mbs.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now
>> the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete
>> the from crm!
>>
>> I don't find anything! so please help!

0
Seidl
3/15/2005 9:59:46 AM
i solved the problem, thx's
> first thanx for your help!
>
> i can delete or deactivate this user in AD, but my my license ist lost!
>
> That can not be! Is Microsoft stupid!
>
> I only want the license back from my not needed user!
>

> "Michael Erl" <Michael.Erl@pentasys.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is
>> deactivate the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a
>> license and role to a user, this user is not able to do or view anything.
>>
>> I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the
>> SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no
>> reference to this user in the whole system (which will be a lot of work
>> to check) and remove the user in every group of the CRM-OU in Active
>> Directory...
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>>    Michael
>>

>> "Seidl Michael" <seidl@mbs.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now
>>> the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete
>>> the from crm!
>>>
>>> I don't find anything! so please help!

0
Seidl
3/15/2005 11:57:30 AM
You can remove the license from the user prior to deactivating the user.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:59:46 +0100, "Seidl Michael" <seidl@mbs.at> wrote:

first thanx for your help!

i can delete or deactivate this user in AD, but my my license ist lost!

That can not be! Is Microsoft stupid!

I only want the license back from my not needed user!

"Michael Erl" <Michael.Erl@pentasys.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Michael,
>
> deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is deactivate
> the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a license and role
> to a user, this user is not able to do or view anything.
>
> I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the
> SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no reference
> to this user in the whole system (which will be a lot of work to check)
> and remove the user in every group of the CRM-OU in Active Directory...
>
> Greetings
>
>    Michael
>

> "Seidl Michael" <seidl@mbs.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now
>> the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete
>> the from crm!
>>
>> I don't find anything! so please help!

0
Matt

Simple question #3
Hi Folks - On my computer I have a folder that contains all my songs and I now want to catalogue these to ease finding etc. etc. Simple question - how can I copy the song titles over to an Excel spreadsheet. I've tried copy/paste etc and paste special but an error message appears stating the file is a 'SYLK file' . I appreciate that Excel will see this file as an MP3 etc and can not place it but all I want is the title ? HELP - I need somebody. I have a 'few' songs and don't want to have to type out every song title myself. Anyone know of an easier way to tran...

e-mail address privacy question
I have Outlook 2007 and I want to e-mail all my past customers about a new product introduction. I haven't sent out a mass mailing like this before. If I put all their names in the "To" field, each recipient sees everyone else's e-mail address. I don't imagine that the recipients won't want their e-mail addresses to be public like this. Please what's the best way to send my e-mail out so that all e-mail addresses are hidden from each other so receipients don't get to see everyone else's e-mail address? Would I just put the list of e-mail addresses...

Finding a string/using adjacent data question
It's a convuluted question that I hope has an easy answer. I'm rather new to Excel formulas, so I've been trying to find stuff about this on the internet but with not much luck. If anyone can help me at all I would greatly appreciate it. I have text strings in column A, A2-A335. I have numerical values that correspond to each text string in columns B-O. What I'm hoping to do is run a search for a given text string in column A and then use the numerical values in D, H, and O for further calculations. I want to be able to type in a name in column Q (for example) and have the f...

Complex Query question
I've got a challenging query I need help with! Here's a snapshot of the tables and relationships. I've put the relevant tables into this query layout just for illustrative purposes. ----- click on it to make it bigger (it's still a little hard to read) http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6xu9oh4&s=1 Note - the table names start with phrases that are not relevant to this question (ie I use the word "record" for another use than the normal database usage of that word). ------ I'll explain the setup. I want the Table Record-Orders-Sales to lookup Record-Cur...

Trouble with a simple formula
Hi All,I have been trying to get this to work in a form to add 1 3 or 5 yearsfor the choice in the drop down [risk factor] to an entered date field[date of last FSMP] and display it automatically.=IIf([Risk Factor]="High - Annual",DateAdd("yyyy",1,[Date of LastFSMP]), IIf([Risk Factor]="Med - 3 Yearly",DateAdd("yyyy",3,[Date ofLastFSMP]), IIf([Risk Factor]="Low - 5 Yearly",DateAdd("yyyy",5,[Date ofLast FSMP]))))))I am self taught and am using=IIf([Risk factor]="HIGH - annual",[Date of Last FSMP]+365,IIf([Riskfactor]="ME...

Exchange Server 2003 OWA Question
Hi There - we are running MS Small Business Server 2003 and using Exchange Server 2003. In the past when a user logged onto OWA, they were NOT required to enter the domain name. They would just enter their user name and password and then when clicking log in or enter, the domain name would automatically populate into the user name field and log the user on. Yesterday, I applied Exchange Server 2003 SP-1 and now when a user logs in using OWA, they are required to enter the domain name, i.e. DOMAIN/USERNAME. Does anyone know how to change this setting so that it will automatically populate? ...

i've got a simple excel problem that needs solving...
Hello, i'm new to the wonderful world of all thing's Microsoft, I've got Excel 2004 for the Mac and i'm having to use it as a database for my large record collection as they don't make Access for the Mac unfortunately. I need a custom worksheet of just 4 columns long, the reason being that when i get to the last column in the row (the rows being Artist, Title, Label, Comment) i want the cursor to jump to the 1st column of the next row when i press TAB as this would save a lot of time when inputting my record names. (instead of moving the cursor down with the arrow a...

Global Contact Question
I have many users who would like to go into the Global Contact List and edit information about other users and themselves, but it doesnt let them, it shows everything greyed out. Anyway to give access rights to everyone while trying to edit the Global Contact list? Exchange 2003 / Thanks, Tommy ...

Excel question #14
When using the scroll bar in Excel the screen blanks out - why? ...

OU Question!!!
We have installed CRM 1.2 on dev server using existing database(backup of prod db). While installation we pointed Organisation Unit to "CRMDev" (created manually under Active directory). but once installation is completed i dont see any Organisation name and usergroups under "CRMDev" Organisation Unit. Any reason why it didn't create? Is it using the same OU as prod. Is there any setting that needs to be changed in DB and point it to new OU. Please Suggest... Where we did it wrong: As posted in another post suggestion to -create a OU in AD called devcrm -backup...

Report Question Please
How do I print a copy of the check register in date order just as it appears in the checkbook? I do not want the deposits to be seperated from the checks. Thanks in advance... Bob Use an Account Transactions report instead. You can customize it to print the date range, account, categories, etc. just the way you want. "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:CNY7b.137258$3o3.9776932@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > How do I print a copy of the check register in date order just as it appears > in the checkbook? I do not want the deposi...

Simple Visio Questions
Being new to Visio, I have some simple questions. 1) The shapes panel on my computer at the office has the shapes in a condensed, small icon format. On my home computer, they are larger with descriptions and larger icons. How do I change the format? 2) How do I change the default font that a drawing is to use after the drawing has already been started? 3) How do I change the default connector line thickness that a drawing is to use after the drawing has started? 4) Is it possible to modify the flow chart elements or create a separate, easily accessible library of elements? Thanks 1)...

Simple question
I have Common Dialog loaded on my main form (Form1), which is always running. The second form (Form2) is opened ocassionally. Do I need to load another Common Dialog on Form2 or is it just enough to make a reference to Common Dialog on Form1? Is there any advantage (or disadvantage) of one method over another? Please share your experience, Claire "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:%23ogAtyLnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have Common Dialog loaded on my main form (Form1), which is always >running. > The second form (Form2) is opened ...

Macro Question #15
How do you write a macro that specifices the largest number result in range of values -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Beth do you mean that you want to return the Maximum of a range with a formula use =MAX(A1:A100) with vba use max_value = application.worksheetfunction.max(Range("A1:A100")) where range A1:A100 are your numbers Cheers JulieD "Beth0202 >" <<Beth0202.1cq81h@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Beth0202.1cq81h@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do you write a macro that specifices the largest number result in a &g...

Another question regarding Dates..
First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? Ie Year = 2004 day number = 302 The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004 Again, taking into consideration the leap years Thanks again in advance =DATE(2004,1,302) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anthony Slater" wrote: > First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. > > How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? > > Ie > > Year = 2004 > day number = 302 > > The answer I'...

AOL address book to Outlook Express 6 Question
Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be online continuous. TIA cf. http://www.broadband-to-go.com/help/aol-address-book.htm cf. http://www.ehow.com/how_5055126_convert-address-book-outlook-express.html kraut wrote: > Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into > OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? > > I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be > online continuous. > &...

Excel 2007, Basic, Square-1 Opening Question
Clicking on an xls or an xlsx file opens Excel 2007; however, the file itself does not load/open (no blank sheet either). Only way is to drag the file from its directory. What have I done wrong? Tks! Wayne Try minimizing and then maximizing Excel to see if that makes the file appear. If it does, I'll build a small routine that does that automatically when a file is opened. This appears to be a very frequent problem for some Excel 2007 users. Bob Flanagan <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9jg3b49oe5t308vjcngefg41f5htajrm2r@4ax.com... > Clicking on an ...

Checkbook maintenance question
I understand that the cash account balance in the checkbook maintenance screen is the current balance of the cash account tied to the checkbook. In 2 of our 5 checkbooks, the cash account balance does not match the gl balance. We are using separate gl cash accounts for each checkbook. I have run reconcile on the gl and checklinks on Bank rec tables. This is v10.0. How do we get them to match? The check book acts as a sub-ledger to the GL and should be manually reconciled each month. Look for journal entries to cash account as they will cause differences. There are some third party p...

decent simple c.v.
all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges and a nasters degree in insect dissemination went to a bog standard comprehensive and have worked all my life do not need fourteen pages of waffle just a plain basic cv with space for my name and how good I am at everything So type it up! HR departments look less kindly on people who use a standardized form rather than exhibiting a certain amount of initiative. On Mar 23, 8:41=A0am, c v <c v @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges...

CDaoWorkspace Question
I am writing a MFC Dialog program with MS Access Database support. My OS is Windows XP SP2. Previously, I used VC.Net 2003 to these create program without error. But, Now I am using VC++.Net 2005 to create this program, it has Run-Time error. The error code is 3028. What's wrong of my program??? === Error Message === DAO Call Failed. pDaoState->m_pDAODBEngine->_30_CreateWorkspace( V_BSTR(&varName), V_BSTR(&varUserName), V_BSTR(&varPassword), &m_pDAOWorkspace) In file f:\rtm\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\daocore.cpp on line 577 scode = 800A0BD4 Error Code...

NNTP Question for 2K3
If I create an NNTP expiration policy like the one described at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_newsgroup_expiration_policy.htm does it only apply to newsgroups that come in as feeds? I have several internal groups and when I set a policy up like the one in the link it doesn't appear to actually kill of any content. Is a restart needed? I'm thinking it may only apply to external feeds but can't be sure. Thanks, Dan ...

Pie Chart Question
Hi, I am tring to make a pie chart that needs to include 2 pieces of information for one series. I have two columns of information (number and value) that relate to one person. There are 5 people all together. How do I do this? Technically possible, you might create a bar-pie chart or a pie-of-pie chart. IMO, this would be a TERRIBLE idea. Pie charts should be forgotten, IMO, because they often distort data and make it very hard to actually read the data. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/whats-worse-than-a-pie-chart/ My recommendation would be to make a clustered chart, a ...

This has got to be an easy question?
Is all I want to do is combine two records from a query. I have data from a query from a lunch account and from a dinner account. All I need to do is combine the data into one account. There are probably around 10 fields of data, but they all have the same properties. Surely this is easier than I'm making it out to be? I tried a union query, but didn't get what I wanted. This is what I'm looking at- SELECT * FROM TableData WHERE AccountName=(restname); I want to combine with- SELECT * FROM TableData WHERE AccountName=(restnamelunch); I want to combine ...

Simple attachemt question
I have Outlook 2000 and cannot find where this attachment option is. When some folks do an attachment, the icon appears in the body of th message and with others, the icon appears on the bottom of the e-mai in a "ropped off" area from the body. Where can this option b changed? I am certain that this is easy but I can't find it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am unable to tell whether you are having trouble attaching files, o if you are on...

Pivot question (2 parter)
I have four columns: Category, Year, Month, and Amount. When I do a pivot table, I would like to have the Year and Month appear horizontally across; right now, I can only get it to show vertically. I would like to consolidate some of the categories and call it "Others," rather than showing all of the details for those categories. What is an easy way to do this? TIA Pete <<Year and Month appear horizontally across>> drag your month field to the COLUMN area in the wizard. <<I would like to consolidate some of the categories >> You will have to make anothe...