Simple import/export of customization procedure in CRM 3.0

Hi

I dont know whats the porblem but its not working, I added a few fields and
tabs here and there, and also made some mapping ... published customizations
and everything is OK, but when trying to import those customizations on to
another server, it says import succesfull, but nothing changes.

can some one give me the simple steps of  exporting and then importing
customizations??
--
Alaadin Abu Libdeh

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

publish all entities then see if the changes appear

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"AbuLibdeh" <AbuLibdeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I dont know whats the porblem but its not working, I added a few fields
> and
> tabs here and there, and also made some mapping ... published
> customizations
> and everything is OK, but when trying to import those customizations on to
> another server, it says import succesfull, but nothing changes.
>
> can some one give me the simple steps of  exporting and then importing
> customizations??
> --
> Alaadin Abu Libdeh

0
John

Suppressing categories with 0 values
Hi all I'm trying to build a dynamic chart for sales data. The output file contains two columns, A and B. Column A contains categories, i.e. Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.,. and B contains sales data, i.e. 5, 0, 10, etc.,. respectively. The ouput data comes out monthly. Some months will contain sales from all categories, some ten, some fifty. I want the chart to only graph categories with non-zero values, i.e. if there are 100 categories and only 30 with sales numbers there is no point in showing the other 70 categories with zero values. I can format column B with zero values to show ...

Missing Customer
Has anyone ever had customer's disappear on them. We've got 22 different stores and customers are set to global. Recently a couple of stores have complained that customers are disappearing from their Store Operations systems. Any advice is appreciated, -Bill On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:09:05 -0800, "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone ever had customer's disappear on them. We've got 22 different >stores and customers are set to global. Recently a couple of stores have >complained that customers are disappearing from their St...

Exporting add-in containing dll functions to other computers
Hello everybody, I developed an add-in for excel 2000 containing wrapper functions for a dll I made as well. Now I'm trying to export this add-in to another computer by copying the add-in to the other computers add-in folder(ie. C:\Documents and Settings\"YourUserName"\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns) and placing the dll I developed to the windows' system32 folder. Even though I do this something goes wrong and I get only an error report #Value! for every function I try to to use. The add-in works just fine on the pc I developed this add-in on. If you have any idea please...

Outlook Express/Outlook 2000 Importing Address book
I'm trying to figure out how to import my outlook express address book from another computer to my new computer that uses outlook 2000 ...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Creating CRM Users 02-22-05
HI, Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters, the two names are John Phillips and Steve McDonagh. These two users have been added to our pilot CRM system, which is independent of this live version, with out any problems. Cheers Ben can you try add a user through the web interface to see if that works? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Ben Smallwood" <bsmallwo@softhome.net> wrote in message news:de61721b.0502220242.48137f63@posting.google.com... > HI, > Thanks for your response. No there are no strange characters...

Take a look at important patch from the M$ Corporation
--bgknsnsxrf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eqmmxvfryf"; type="multipart/alternative" --eqmmxvfryf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nagrsturcwerjp" --nagrsturcwerjp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This update...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Active sync problem in wince5.0 when de-activate "Enable KITL" in release mode
Hi, My Usb fucntion driver with active sync support in wince 5.0 is working fine with de-activate "Enable KITL" support in debug mode. By de-activate "Enable KITL" in RELEASE mode, active sync is not working. Any idea ? Regards - D. Does it work if you Enable KITL in a release build? Do you have ActiveSync included in your release build? What are you using as your default USBF client? Check your COM ports, the COMx x number may have changed. -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/brucee...

Dynamics GP
Today my users mentioned that they do not like version 9.0 of GP that we recently installed. They are finding a lot of little changes to windows and utilities that seem to make it not as user-friendly as the old 7.5 version we converted from. SO, I'm wondering if anyone has had similar problems and/or know if version 10.0 is less quirky. -- DJanson I think there is a difference between the meaning of quirky and the complaints of the users. Certainly, GP 9 eliminated the palettes, one of the biggest differences. I know the Sales Transaction Entry window has a different order f...

email notification #3
Can I get sound notification for incoming mail on additional mailboxes? You can setup a Rule to play a sound for a email account attached to the mailbox. To setup a rule, click on the Organize icon (with Yellow fragmenting square blocks) on the toolbar , and click Rule Wizard on the top right hand (for Outlook XP). Once you are in Rule Wizard, you could setup a rule for a specific email account that is associated with a mailbox, and to play a sound (you could select any WAV sound files). Srini Iyer "Neal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1043701c...

Changing Functional Currency #3
Hi There is a live company ABC. We created the new company XYZ then I restore the live company database ABC to the newly created company XYZ by following the KB article 871973. Then we delete the all the transaction in XYZ company because we need the same company setup and masters with that we added required additional master data. The problem we are facing is we need to change the functional currency in XYZ company. How can we do this? Any one can help us Regards Nizham I don't believe you can change the functional in XYZ since there were transactions. Howabout creating a 123 com...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

EXCEL 2007
I have a GIS application which uses .dbf files (not sure if they are actually Dbase files). When I need to append data (fields) to the files, I have a big problem in that excel 2007 no longer allows save as / export to .dbf files. If I try bring the data in MS Access and save as .dbf files, I have untold problems with the GIS application... The only way I have been successful with this is to find a user with an older version of excel, insert the data as database columns and then save as .dbf Any suggestions as to how I can get around this with out purchasing a converter? ...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

Change Percentage DIV/0! Error
I'm trying to see the change between (A) 2002 unit sales and (B)200 unit sales, and am using the following formula: =(B-A)/A This gives me the difference negative or positive, however if A (200 sales) is zero, then I get the DIV/0! error, how do I fix this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, A couple of things you might want to consider. One is that your formula will not take into account what the change is if the prior month base amount is negative. To fix that use the =IF(base=0,"",(current-base)/ABS(base)) This should help >-----Or...

external data #3
I would like to be able to access external data from more than one source. Any help on how to do this would be fantastic. I would like excel to reach out to a Access database that I specify at the time it reaches out to get some external data. Usually I get external data through the "get external data", but that only connects to whatever datasource you initially choose. i'd like to be able to choose which Access database I am pulling data from at the time I bring it into Excel. hope that helps, Thanks, Lou Sanderson. "Ron Coderre" wrote: > I think we'l...

Customer Membership Expiration Date
I have a customer who sells annual memberships to museum patrons, they get a discount in the gift shop. She would like to set the expiration date on the membership at the time she sets up the customer in the database. Does anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this? Add-Ons available? Thanks for your time and knowledge. You can use one of the customer custom date fields, set it equal to the expiry date. Then customize the HTML status bar to indicate whether the date in that field is less than today. Easy as pie, although if you have every tried making a pie it is actually very h...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Customize Outlook Today does not work #2
We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. Please advise where to look next. TIA "Lee Hoyle" <lee@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00b901c35139$57aac160$a101280a@phx.gbl > We are in an Exchange Server 5.5 environment, and > the "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work at all. > > Please advise where to look next. TIA Hello Lee, have you try it with this Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook ps...

EXCEL Cell Formatting: Custom or Conditional
At work I have Excel 2002 and I have some cells that I import data in from the mainframe. I have a table where there is a column for GENDER (MALE or FEMALE) that I would like to see shown as "Male" or "Female" (mixed case). Is there a way to change all upper case to mixed case using either CUSTOM formatting or CONDITIONAL formatting? I would prefer not using a macro if there is something simpler. I know that =PROPER() produces the correct result, but I don't see how I can use this unless I'm referencing another cell. I would like to be able to just change what fa...

Import List of Email Addresses from Access
Is there a way to populate a distribution list in Outlook from a table field in Access? Thanks in advance, Claudette ...