Showing Owning Business Unit for Accounts in custom view

Recently I stumbled upon a what looked at first glance to be a pretty trivial
problem.. Unfortunately this was not the case..

The Account Entity has the (read-only) attribute 'owningbusinessunit' that
shows the businessunit the owner of the Account belongs to. All I want to do
is show this Business Unit in a custom view. However, MS CRM won't let me add
this field as a column, it doesn't show up in the list presented. This is
also the case if I want to add it to a form.

Previous comments on a similar question pointed out that this attribute can
not be changed because it is part of the autorisation structure. However, I
just want to show it in a read-only fashion in a view. Shouldn't be a
problem, right?

Now my question is: How can I add this attribute to a custom view?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Preventing Recipient Names from Showing
I have a long list of people I am addressing a message to. I want the recipient to see that it is coming to them, but not be able to see anyone else's name/address that it's being sent to. I've tried the BCC field but then even the recipient does not see that it was sent to them. I'm afraid they will think it is junk mail if they don't see it addresses to themselves. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for other options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

show tasks on the calendar
I would like to see tasks on the calendar in both weekly and monthly view -it gives you a sense of those "things to do" items that are coming up. I tried it with due dates and start dates, clicked "show tasks without due dates", clicked show all tasks, consulted Help and my copy of Outlook for dummies. It seems so basic but I HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO DO IT!!! Related question -why is it that Microsoft software NEVER behaves as you would reasonably expect? -e.g we all write "to do" type items in our paper diarys for certain days -without a fixed time...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Barcoding customers
-- Blue Valentine Fashions for All of Your Nightly Affairs ...

How to view the code for excel built-in functions?
Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). thanks. No, the code is compiled, so it would likely be less than useful anyway. About the best you can do is check out the equations used in Help (see "PV"). In article <OSU3OXOBGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote: > Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). > thanks. ...

View in new Portfolio Manager
Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of security. I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager. Am I missing something? Charlie On May 22, 9:57=A0pm, charlie <char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of > security. =A0I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager= .. =A0Am > I missing something? > Charlie You didn't state which version of Money you are using but I'll attempt to answer. If you are using Money Plus, you can choos...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Interactive web spreaadsheet viewing
I built an interactive speadsheet for the internet in Excel XP and it works and looks fine from my PC, but when I go to another PC that doesn't have Office XP on it, I get an error message that states I need some kind of component to properly view the spreadsheet. Is this something I can get and if so, will it run from the server or does it need to be offered as a download, plugin, or whatever? Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! ...

Accounts and Contacts 01-30-04
Hi, I have installed the 1.2 version on a test server to look at and have a question. I can allocated contacts to accounts, and I can allocate quotes to accounts or customers. However, if allocate a quote to a contact, I cannot see the quote from the contacts associated account sales screen. If I allocate the quote to an account, I do not know which contact in the company that I sent it to. I assume I have missed something obvious here. In other CRM packages I have looked at, the links between contact and company (account) would allow this. Our customers are all hospitals in the UK with ...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Custom invoice templates... where are they stored?
I want to be able to use them on my laptop when I'm travelling, but I can't find them on my desktop. And the help is useless here. Also, is there a way to tell Money to NOT use double spacing (vertical) in invoices? It is a huge waste of space. Thanks, Rich -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Hi Richard, Advice for moving the custom invoice data from one machine to another was recently posted on the Yahoo!Groups email group dedicated to MS Money Small Biz. You can view the group here: http://fina...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

Send button not showing after updating to SP3
I have updated the office 2002's .msi file with SP3 for network distribution. After redeploying the updated file I few users do not have a send button when the try to send a message. I have tried to delete their accounts and set them up form scratch with no luck. My only work around was to install office from CD. I need to resolve this problem. The installation from the network is a great tool. Thanks DG ...

Multiple entries in CRM Contacts when viewed from Outlook
Hi everyone, We have an odd problem going on here with this. When we create a new E-mail in Outlook, select the To button and the CRM Contacts, it brings up the list of contacts from CRM that we can select from. All good so far. The problem is that each contact appears several times and it's different for different users. For example, every contact appears 6 times for me. It makes for a very long list. All of them are valid and any one of those 6 can be selected and the address will be correct and it will track against the correct contact. Other users have anywhere from the correc...

replacing a credit card account with a new account with same institution
My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th enew account and no transactions. Any advice would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, jeff.messett@gmail.com wrote: >My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on >the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge >these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th >enew account and no transactions. Any advice...

Cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar
Problem Description: I cannot customize the Outlook READ MAIL toolbar Problem Area: E-mail Problems Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 ...

Import Customer Records
I am trying to import customer records and I am running into the following error: DOC 1 ERROR: Are you sure you want to delete this customer record? Ln 810 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Customer ID', Last window field visited was 'Clear Button' of window 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' of form 'RM_Customer_Maintenance' Any ideas? Thanks! Are you on the latest integration manager service pack? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at h...

HTML view with outlook and pocket pc 2003
When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages are displayed only in text format not in HTML format, i can't see the images in the email, I only see lines or dashes. Check with microsoft.public.pocketpc for help with PPC. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Mike Mikhail <smikhail@socal.rr.com> asked: | When I download email from a pop3 server, the messages | are d...

Excluding multiple checking accounts from budget totals?
Howdy! Running Money06, and I have two checking accounts synching through Bank of America. Everything there is working well, but one thing that I dont like is that the totals for BOTH accounts are added together. I have two accounts, 'personal' and 'class', and both accounts are shown in the net balance statements, the 'spending by catagory' chart on the home page etc. I would like to keep synched with my class account, but want it excluded from all of the balances.. any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

how to make a view (without a title bar) draggable?
Hi, I want to create a listbox (using CWnd::CreateEx()) as a child view of the main view. But the lustbox must not have a menu bar and a title bar. How can I make this listbox child view draggable (but not resizable)? Please help. Thanks. Tony Handle OnMouseMove() at the Listbox level and send a WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN message with wParam = HTCAPTION to the listbox itself. Something like void CYourListBox::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { SendMessage( WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, HTCAPTION, 0 ); // CListBox::OnMouseMove(nFlags, point); } -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --...

Download imports into wrong account
A while ago i incorrectly selected an account to download into and cannot get rid of it for the life of me. The association with the wrong account sticks. What happens, I download from institution A. I selected that should be institution B and it always puts that download into the account for institution B. I'd like to break the link to institution B so it will correctly put it into the account for A. I've tried going through and renaming accounts to no avail. I've downloaded the OFX files and played with changing account numbers in them, also no luck Any help much appr...