Show related records for custom entity

I have a custom entity.  When I go to History I can not see the related
records from contacts, opportunities, etc.  They are not rolling up and there
is no pick list to show related records or not.  Is there a way to change
this?

Thanks,
-Rick M
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M
<RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a custom entity.  When I go to History I can not see the related
>records from contacts, opportunities, etc.  They are not rolling up and there
>is no pick list to show related records or not.  Is there a way to change
>this?

As far as I know, the answer is no. Roll up does not work with custom
entities.

Feridun Kadir
0
feridun
2/23/2007 11:04:27 PM
I have a client who is going to be really upset if I have to tell him this!!
-Rick

"feridun@removethisword.sfax.co.uk" wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M
> <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a custom entity.  When I go to History I can not see the related
> >records from contacts, opportunities, etc.  They are not rolling up and there
> >is no pick list to show related records or not.  Is there a way to change
> >this?
> >

> As far as I know, the answer is no. Roll up does not work with custom
> entities.
>
> Feridun Kadir

crm should flag duplicate records when entering records.
auto dupe check should be added in the new version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3ff472af-3ca8-4c43-9422-5411109cc34f&dg=microsoft.public.crm While I...

custom buttons #4
is there a way to take a custom macro shift f? key like meat dept. and make it a custom button that stays on the right side of the screen all the time? if so please be let me know how this is done. thanks for your time KPJ, Make an item that has meat for the dept. In manager Custom buttons, use Internal command for style, and in the command line put : "PerformAddItem 0, xxxxx, x, 0, 0 ,0 ,0" xxxxx = the item lookup code, and x = quantity of the item. Don't worry about the other 0's, and don't use the quotation marks. What you put in the caption field will be put on ...

Cell showing date and time
I have a cell set up as format dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss and the contents are 01/01/1995 00:00:00 In the cell below I put 01/01/1995 01:00:00 then fill the cells for a few hundred. After about 200 cells the value shows as 09/01/1995 10:00:01 - in other words the increment being added for each cell is slightly greater than the desired one hour. I assume this is a lack of precision in the cell value. Is there a way of changing this? I am using Excel 2007. Grateful for advice. Enter the first date/time in A1 and in A2 enter: =A2+TIME(1,0,0) and copy down -- Gary'...

No Account records are available in this view when I go offline
When i'm online i see all my accounts, i do an sync, no errors. When i'm trying to get my info in accounts or other i get : No Account records are available in this view when i go offline. I have installed all the patch and my registry value is good. I use Xp sp2 and I'm a admin on the server and on my laptop and i'm also a crm user. hmm try the sync again go online again then go into the mscrm registry on the client computer with the sfo client and do this 1) remove regvalues UserReplicationId and LastSyncDate 2) Set regvalue RCOffline = 0 3) Restart Outlook and try GoO...

custom SQL import
I wrote a custom SQL import process to load data into 3 GP 9.0 tables. They are sc020030, sc020130, and sc020230. The data is loaded in that order. It looks like the existing data after it is loaded. I can also see it through the GP front end. I noticed after I ran the import, however, that some field labels on the GP input screen are now red. I don't remember this being the case prior to the import. I can navigate through the imported data and make / save changes through the front end. The work I did is on a dev box. When I log into the production box, the text fields are...

No data showing in query
I am new to Access and am using Access 2007. I wanted to create a query to bring data together from several tables to complete forms and form letters. I used the Query Wizard to create a query which selected data from the different tables. It worked fine and I was able to complete a form in Word. I have now used the the same process using the same tables for a couple of other queries but now there is no data in those datasheets. Anything I'm missing here? Thanks. There are three ways of creating a query. The query wizard, which you've used, is at one end of the &q...

Custom Entity
Hi, I have a custom entity and I need the ability to be able to input a file location on a server and make it link to that file. Is it possible to have links to file in a custom entity? P.S. (CRM 4.0) Regards Ian The only method to attach file to CRM records using customization is by using notes. If you want to have a file upload box on the entity form you will have to create a custom aspx page which handles the file upload and retrieval. This page can be integrated into the entity form using an IFrame. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Dev...

User and Records Move to a Child Business Unit
We are unable to move a User from one Business Unit to another Child BU. CRM V3.0 'SQL Server Timeout' error message. User has 56,000 records, incl notes, activities etc Is there another process to follow -- prior to moving Users and assigned contacts to another BU rather than just selecting the option to Change Business Unit? Regards, Mandy Franklin. Hi Mandy, perhaps, you could try to follow the steps outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918609 to increase SQL Server timeout values? Before doing so I'd backup CRM database and put some SQL monitoring in place t...

VBA needed to delete corrupt records from MsysObjects
I have a form that will not open in normal or design mode and there are 2 Form_~TMPCLP######## objects in my VBA Project window, and there are 2 Objects with the same name in the MsysObjects table of type 32678 which means they are forms. I expect that if I am able to delete these I might be able to salvage my form. However, Nothing I have tried allows me to delete anything from MsysObjects. OH there is one other issue, Not able to run any code from the data base with that form in it. I get a message that the module can't be found... Nothing specific. So I have been ...

Merge multiple records in the same table in access
Hello I am dealing with some unfriendly import files which import as: timestamp position name 001 2 Jon 001 3 Bob 001 1 Ann 001 4 Mike 002 1 Joe 002 2 Sue 003 1 Jeff 004 5 James 004 1 Andy 004 2 Beth 004 4 Mitch 004 3 Chris And would like to create a new table that displays thusly: timestamp position1 ...

Custom Entity and Views
I have created a Custom Entity and would like to have a view dropdown box listing all the possible views for the Entity. An example of what I am talking about is when you select "Contacts" and at the top you have the option View: and a dropdown listing other possible views. I have the default public view and created two other views that I would like as options to pick from when viewing. I have setup a relationship between the Primary Entity of Company as a "Many-to-1 Relationship. It now shows up as an option while in a company. Please let me know if this is possibl...

Auto Loan shows as credit
Help, I've set up an online update for Chase. My account includes a credit card and an auto loan. The credit card balance appears fine, but the auto loan shows as a credit (don't I wish). How can I make the balance reflect the unfortunate reality that I owe _them_. Thanks I have the same issue. I have a personal loan that set itself up in money as a credit card. Anyone know how to change the account type? "jbeucus" wrote: > Help, > > I've set up an online update for Chase. My account includes a credit card > and an auto loan. The credit card bala...

related to dropdown list
hai i have created a dropdown list in a cell and locked it and protecte the excel 2000 sheet, still iam able to allow the user to choosefrom the dropdown list. but iam unable to do the same in 2003 excel. when we try choose fro the dropdown it is not allowing to do so. is that possible to do so in excel 2003, if yes please help me -- rameshp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rameshpm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55589 That behavi...

Show a sheet1 row in sheet2 based on values in col sheet1.A
Hello! Please help! I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in sheet-1 is either blank or has a value. I want to show in sheet-2 (a new sheet) all sheet1 rows that have a value in column A. Thanks in advance, Michelle Hi Michelle one way: - select your range in sheet 1 - goto 'Data Filter - Autofilter' - Filter all relevant row - copy the row and paste them on sheet 2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michelle wrote: > Hello! > Please help! > I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in > sheet-1 is either blank or ...

when I type a zip code into a cell, only zeros show up. Help?
We have tried format, cells, zip code. When we type in a zip code then tab to the next cell, only zeros show up in the cell. I presume you do not actually get ALL zeros. What number did you type into the cell, is it possible that you have Lotus 1-2-3 Transitions on in Tools, options, transition and are doing a subtraction. I guess you said you only see zeros. Anyway the zip code formats in Format, cells, special require you to choose 5 digit or 9 digit, seems you chose 9 digits and entered 5. and your actual format would be 00000-0000 so a zip code of 07710 would look l...

message not show up till I click a different folder
This just started happening a few days ago. We have about 50 user in our office, 2 or 3 are having this problem. We have XP on all pc's, exchange 2000. The problem is, users don't know when new message arrives, before an envelope would show up by the clock on the screen. Now they don't see the new message till they click on a different folder than there in currently. Any ideas as to correcting this issue. Thanks ...

"Replied to" marker not showing
In Outlook 2003 has the automatic function of placing a "replied to" icon next to e-mail that a reply has been sent to still there. I have two computers with Office 2003 and Outlook 2003 that do not indicate left of the message that a reply has been made. If I open the e-mail the banner above the message indicates that a reply has been sent. I can't seem to find any place to cutomize the view to add this. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Sam What type of email accounts do you have? You may not see it on imap and http accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]...

Customize the queue view?
Which is the best way to customize the queue view? I can see that it is not possible in Customize entities module... Hey Martin, Following will help you on this; http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/vbullinger/archive/2007/10/18/modifying-queue-views-in-crm.aspx -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Martin" wrote: > Which is the best way to customize the queue view? I can see that it is not > possible in Customize entiti...

Select Query
Hi All, I have two tables and created a select query from that. Table 1: ID(primary) Name (could be repeated) Hobby Table2: ID Name (primary) PhoneNumber Email I combined the two tables so that If I enter a name that exist in table two, phone number and email automatically fill in( that works just fine). But If I enter a new name, and try to fill in the phone number and email from the query, it doesn't do anything. Can this be done? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for you help. On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:00:53 -0700, "Paul" <yournumberplease@sbcglobal....

How to display a form- to show status of the running program
I want to display a form(excel) while running a program through a macro. The form shows the program running status like"calculation in progress....." while the macro is running the program in the excel (Just an identification for the user that the program is running safely). How to call and display the form (with labels showing status) in the module of the macro. Regards, Joseph J Take a look at John Walkenbach's site http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tip�s/tip34.htm -- HTH Bob Phillips "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F996D56C...

POS 2009
Does anyone know if there is information on creating custom reports in POS 2009. A report that I created in Visual studio 2008 will not upload into POS 2009. Thanks Jeff I've created a few custom reports using the Report builder 2.0. However I don't think you can upload any of them reports into the POS. I think the only reports you can upload to the POS are ones developed with Report builder v1.0. Not sure about visual studio 2008 verity. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155933.aspx I ended up hosting my custom reports build with Report Builder 2.0 in...

Custom Recipeints
We recently migrated from 5.5 to 2003. We have one problem. We can create what were "custom recipents" via the contact option, however this works only if the address is not the sames as our domain. For example, if I create a contact with address "user@comcast.net", it works fine. However, if i create contact with "user@mycompany.com" the emails bounce. Any suggestions? Mike You wouldn't ordinarily be creating an AD Contact with your internal domain name. What is it you're trying to do with the contact? "Mike W" wrote: > We rece...

Outlook Read Email Does Not Run My Custom Form
Hello - I have a custom Email form in Outlook I have designed with a button on it (with script code). However, I notice that when I double click on a form in my inbox the custom form is loaded so that that I can read the Email on the custom form. But, the button won't work unless I then click Form, Run this form. Isn't there a way that I can make the button work automatically when the user reads their Email so that they can just click the button rather than click Tools, Run this form and then click the button. I'm guessing that maybe Microsoft did this so that scripts won't...

Enable/Disable Custom Buttons
Is it possible to have custom buttons only enabled on specific registers? We have one register that performs different functions than the ones in our checkout lanes, requiring a different set of custom buttons. We have an addon that only one register will use, but this button appears on all registers. There doesn't seem to be an option to create a unique keyboard like you can for other buttons/macros. Any ideas? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I thought I'd try. If you don't need any buttons on that register, you can hide the button bar with Ctl-F6, or you...

showing contacts as address book in
I have Office 2007, and I just installed it on a new Win 7 computer. everything else seems fine, but when I try to send an e-mail message, and click the to button, which should display my contacts, there is nothing there. may contacts are accessable if I go to the contacts button. I have tried toold->addressbook, but there are no address bookd to select. -- Joe No question is answered more frequently. Read the countless posts here that have already answered your question. If you cannot find them or understand them, then you must at least provide the following information...