Should be able to create recurring service activities

It would be nice to be able to create recurring service activities and
appointments. We use the shared service calendar and other members of my team
cannot see when i am carrying out the month end routine each month unless i
manually create an appointment for it. It would be most helpful if you could
create a recurring appointment or service activity within crm to save time
each time you have the same  activity.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b788cfce-405d-44c9-b577-57b94b83f90a&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sales Tax service for RMS
Hi all, Anybody aware of a Sales Tax service that will keep RMS updated with the latest and greatest sales tax rates, particularly the State of California but also for all states that charge sales tax? Client sells alot via their online store over the Internet and wants to automatically keep tax rates up to date. Thanks for any help you can provide. -Allen With the STREAMLINED SALES TAX coming where all vendors will have to charge sales tax for the State the item is shipping to....this would be a great add-on that many would HAVE to pay for. The Streamlined Sales Tax folks release ...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

Owner
Hi, we are implementing CRM and I cannot see an easy way of having the same contact appear in the "My Active Contacts" view for more people other than the owner. eg there are 5 people in my team and we all need to see the contact Joe Bloggs. How do I do this please so Joe Bloggs appears in all my team's "My Active Contacts." I have already created a team called IT and shared Joe Bloggs to IT. Thanks Ian. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com On Jun 29, 3:54=A0...

Activated Outlook and lost all data on Outlook Express
When I downloaded Windows XP Patch 2 it included Outlook. I installed the patch and activated Outlook. My old Outlook Express disappeared, along with a lot of files that I hadn't read/responded to/saved. Is Outlook Express still somewhere in my computer system? How do I access it to review and save some of the files that were there? -- TeacherGuy If you use outlook 2003, try to import data from outlook express to outlook 2003. from menu of oulook 2003, file > import & export > import internet mail and addresses > Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x "TeacherGuy"...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Distribute Campaign Activity: 401: Unauthorized
Hi all, We've got an evaluation CRM site put together (CRM 3.0 Server) on Windows 2003 Server/AD/SQL 2000. We've got 10 or so clients testing heavily to see if it whats we want from a CRM solution for our organisation. Everything generally is running ok, despite our client PC's currently not members of the domain (we are in a process of Novell>AD migration) - and thus we've had to do various fiddles to get clients to talk to the CRM server - such as caching of usernames/passwords on the client... We're currently experiencing this on the Distribute Campaign Activity/ ...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

writing a service
Hello NG, I have a server application running in the background. Now I want my programme to start when rebooting the pc. I don't want the user to log in so that the programme starts. I use Windows XP or Windows 2000. I think I must programme my application as a service. Do you know how to write a service and install it in Windows? Thanks for help, Guido THere are numerous good articles in the MSDN on how to write a service. You should start there. joe On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:47:45 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >I have a ...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

Create a new restore point
How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore point. OldEd On 3/9/2010 5:14 PM, OldManEd wrote: > How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I > go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore > from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore > point. > OldEd Click "Computer" in start menu th...

MS CRM 1.2 and MS SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Yes, they can co-exist. Also, please DON'T SHOUT. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:08:02 -0700, HEC <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Could you please enlighten us Matt? If one has CRM 1.2 in...

Activate email column to hyperlinks
I have a colume of email addresses in an excel 2002 document. I need to make them active hyperlinks - How ? Microsoft instuctinos are useless here. can't they be converted in one batch to active hyperlinks so when the email address is clicked on, the email program opens in a fresh email ? Many thanks for any help http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#MakeHyperlinks -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "DixieWins" <DixieWins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F59C7F2-63DE-410B-B6FF-0EA29ECC8A35@microsoft.com... > I have a colume of email addr...

Service Appointment plugin with javascript
When a user closes a Service activity (sets it to Closed/Completed), I want to fire up a plugin event handler. ...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Creating new P&ID master symbols
I would like to create a new master P&ID valve symbol and add it to the Valves and Fittings stencil. I want to duplicate the tags and properties of exisisting valves so that it functions like the other valves in the stencil (auto-numbers, same data fields, etc.). Is there a way to copy all the information (not just the shape properties) from one valve and apply it to the new one? Use the Shape Conversion command from the Process Engineering menu to do this. Here are the steps: 1) Drag an existing valve onto the page so that there is at least one valve in the document. 2) If your ...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

able to access the window but not interact with it
Hello: I ran across an interesting issue a couple of days ago with a Great Plains 8.0 client. This client does not have Field-Level Security nor does it have Modifier. The assistant business manager went into Batch Recovery to try to recover a payables computer checks batch. The batch would not post, since she did not enter control figures into the batch entry window. This is required per the Posting Setup window. Anyway, what was strange is that she could access this window but not see any batches in it. If I accessed Great Plains remotely and logged in as "sa", I coul...

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...

Win2000 Service with GUI Application
Hi, I used the Wizard and created a new Windows Service. But I don't understand, where the position is to insert the call of my GUI Application. I don't know much about this Service functionalities, please help me out... Thanks, Peter "pnigl" <pnigl@gmx.de> wrote in message news:f42d658d.0403010633.c769ff8@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I used the Wizard and created a new Windows Service. But I don't > understand, where the position is to insert the call of my GUI > Application. > I don't know much about this Service functionalities, please help ...

Data display incomplete after creating Pivot Table
I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report. I have tried increasing column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested in some of other discussion forum. Nothing is working so far. Any help appreciated. Thank you! Hi komal. I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page. It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way. If my comments have h...

Change online billpay service
I'm trying to change from MSN billpay to Wells Fargo on-line billpay. I have cancelled MSN Billpay and updated linking checking account on-line services to go directly through WF. I have set-up on-line billpay with WF and have a password. However, in the updating/changing on-line services within money the only option for online billpay is MSN. Where/how do I initiate the change in Money to access WF online billpay? I have looked through this newsgroup, help within money and there is hardly a word on how to change bill pay services. Seems like this would be a relatively common si...