Sharing CRM SFO on a single PC

I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered that
a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other licensed
users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs SFO
but not for any other user who logs on at that PC.

An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me that:

“Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine,
there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one user.
The second user will need to use the Web interface.”

Is this is most definitely the case?

Will this be addressed in the upcoming v3?

--
John Balsillie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

That is definately the case.  Due to how the app uses the MSDE datastore and
other registry settings, it can not function in a multi-profile install.

Jury is still out on v3 and how it addresses this.  I have heard conflicting
stories on that one.  I do know there will be a version that will not allow
going offline though.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:43:20 -0700, "John Balsillie"
<JohnBalsillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered that
a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other licensed
users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs SFO
but not for any other user who logs on at that PC.

An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me that:

�Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine,
there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one user.
The second user will need to use the Web interface.�

Is this is most definitely the case?

Will this be addressed in the upcoming v3?

0
Matt
7/29/2005 4:28:39 AM
I can add to Matts comment, that it is the plan for the Sales For Outlook
Client to support roaming user profiles. Therefore you should be able to
have multiple users using SFO on the same mashine. But, soemtimes things
changes in the last minute - to be 100% shure you have to wait for RTM on
Microsoft CRM v.3.0 in Q4 2005.

Henning B. Treichl
(WM-data, Denmark)

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> That is definately the case.  Due to how the app uses the MSDE datastore
> and
> other registry settings, it can not function in a multi-profile install.
>
> Jury is still out on v3 and how it addresses this.  I have heard
> conflicting
> stories on that one.  I do know there will be a version that will not
> allow
> going offline though.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:43:20 -0700, "John Balsillie"
> <JohnBalsillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered
> that
> a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other
> licensed
> users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs
> SFO
> but not for any other user who logs on at that PC.
>
> An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me that:
>
> "Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine,
> there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one
> user.
> The second user will need to use the Web interface."
>
> Is this is most definitely the case?
>
> Will this be addressed in the upcoming v3?

0
Henning
7/29/2005 10:51:21 AM
There is one solution which might help. Install 2 operating systems on
2 different partitions. Each user will have to choose his version when
booting. This of course is not a roaming profile, but it gives the
opportunity to "share" a computer with multiple users.

0
Sanne
7/29/2005 10:24:21 PM
Matt's right - there is a version of the 3.0 client that does not include
the ability to go offline (called the Desktop client) that will  enable
multiple installations per machine.  No real roaming user profile support
though.

"Henning B. Treichl" <hejep@wmdata.com> wrote in message
> I can add to Matts comment, that it is the plan for the Sales For Outlook
> Client to support roaming user profiles. Therefore you should be able to
> have multiple users using SFO on the same mashine. But, soemtimes things
> changes in the last minute - to be 100% shure you have to wait for RTM on
> Microsoft CRM v.3.0 in Q4 2005.
>
> Henning B. Treichl
> (WM-data, Denmark)
>

> "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> > That is definately the case.  Due to how the app uses the MSDE datastore
> > and
> > other registry settings, it can not function in a multi-profile install.
> >
> > Jury is still out on v3 and how it addresses this.  I have heard
> > conflicting
> > stories on that one.  I do know there will be a version that will not
> > allow
> > going offline though.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:43:20 -0700, "John Balsillie"
> > <JohnBalsillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered
> > that
> > a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other
> > licensed
> > users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs
> > SFO
> > but not for any other user who logs on at that PC.
> >
> > An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me
that:

> > "Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine,
> > there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one
> > user.
> > The second user will need to use the Web interface."
> >
> > Is this is most definitely the case?
> >
> > Will this be addressed in the upcoming v3?

0
Ilana

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

CRM and Mobile devices
Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile can be used on? Pocket PC 2003 devices including the Phone Editions. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jerry Warden-Smith" <jerry_nospam@ibbd.co.uk> wrote in message news:8b8d01c4964a$0b08aa00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile > can be used on? ------=_NextPart_0001_B285F5F7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In addition t...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

recording merger with combination cash & shares
I owned Company A stock. Its shares were merged into Company B. The terms of the merger were that for each share of company A, I received ..1906 shares of Company B plus $16.50. How should I record this in Money 2003? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090004080308090304020802 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I tried a "return of capital" for the cash portion but Money 2003 deluxe voided the transaction after I entered the merger. So I lied and did the return of capital the day before. The probl...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

how to Share Outlook on a win 2003 server
Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users on my win 2003 server How does one do this? I have search outlook help etc, have not really found a clear answer. Thanks Phil Share Outlook how? The program? The files? Have many profiles running one version of Outlook? Please be more specific. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Phil <phillip@pmassociates.com.au> asked: | Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users | on my win 2003 server |...

Stacked and single column in same chart?
How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column? When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add wants to put it in the same stacked column. Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Einstine wrote: > How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a sing...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

"No indexers" on creating "New Shared Services Provider "
Hi to all, I've this problem, I what to create the new and first "Shared Services Provider", but on "Index Server" section I don't find any Index Server (in combo-box). What can I do? Where am I wrong? Bye Dario Concilio Make sure you configured and started the Search services. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Dario Concilio MCP" <dario.concilio@hotmail.it> wrote in message news:uhcKStDzKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi to all, > I've this problem, I what to creat...

CRM email Key
When attempting to send an email using Micosoft CRM I receive a "COMMUNICATION ERROR with a subtitle that reads missing Microsoft CRM key." I did not believe you had to have the Exchange Router installed to send email. The router is for automating routing of messages. Do you need this installed if you are not going to use automated routing? Thanks The Exchange Router is used to send emails, hence the error message you are receiving. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:34:02...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

CRM SFO setup
Hi Everyone: I am having some problems with the SFO client. Situation: I have a machine that is not joined to the domain. The machine is updated accordingly with all of the latest SP's. At this point it is joined to the domain. Now, at this point there are 2 different profiles. The one for the local machine and then the one for the domain. All of my outlook is on the local machine. I proceed to log onto the domain and then my outlook does the new installation as it should. Here is my BIG situation: This machine is a travelling machine is rarely in the office. There mi...

PC locks up
Using XP pro 64 The PC is left unattended and occassionally something occurs where it drops off the network and when I go to use it is unresponsive. The Windows screen saver icon is stationary (not wandering around the monitor), clicking/ moving mouse or pressing keys does not revive it. there is nothing in the even log to indicate anything has happened. I have to hold the power button down to shut down, then reboot. This happens randomly, cannot correlate it to anything on site. I have set the power configs so it shouldn't be hibernating or standing by. USB keyboard and mouse...

Multiple lines in a single cell
How do I enter multiple lines in a single Excel cell? --thx, Joseph use alt & enter to put a carriage return in you might also like to check out format / cells- alignment tab and tick the wrap text box you might also need to manually resize the rows -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Joseph Mouhanna" <josephmo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9YadnXINBJB0FNDfRVn-tA@comcast.com... > How do I enter multiple lines in a single Excel cell? > > --thx, Joseph > ...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

CRM V1.2 and SBS 2003 Not Working installation issues
Greetings and Happy New Year My Question is why doesn't CRM behave correctly? Environemnt is SBS2003 Premium Exchange Configred and running correctly. ISA running using 2 Nics. Domain with active directory running ok. SQL 2000 with service packs 3a applied. IIS running ok default websites all accessable. Firstly i followed the IG for SBS2003(Fresh Install with all updates) all prerequisites were ticked off prior to installation. Install procedure was followed to the letter. Results :( http://localhost causes IE to spit up You do not have permissions to view this Web Site. What ...

Using single button to run multiple query
I want to use single button on the form to run multiple queries. How it can be done? Where should I write queries and code? One way to do this would be to create your queries, then use the command button to run code that calls each query. Another approach would be to create all your queries, then create a macro that runs all your queries, and call that macro using code behind a command button. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Gajanan&qu...

Help with Shared Calendars and contacts in Entourage
Hi ive recently set-up my exchange server on PC and have easily set-up my PC's account. I have set-up my Mac accounts but have one problem. I cant get access to any shared calendars or address books through entourage 2004. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Any help is a plus. Thank you. James. You probably ought to post this to an Entourage newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Mac Station" <macstation@sasdesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:BF3CE795.3CA%macstation@sasdesign.co.uk... > Hi ive...

sharing expenses by percentage between two or more people
Hello Everyone, I was wondering if avid Microsoft Money users could give me some best practices on how to best setup a scenario: Two friends, John and Bob, are sharing a flat and dividing some expenses. The expenses are divided based on their income as a percentage: Bob earns 40,000.00 per year and pays 40% of household bills John earns 60,000.00 per year and pays 60% of household bills In practice, this means that from the monthly rent, which is 1,000.00, Bob pays 400.00 and John pays 600,000. The bills being shared in this system between Bob and John are: * Monthly Rent * Monthly el...