SFO Client without local database

Hi all,

is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility to go
offline is disabled?

Greetings,

Martin

0
Martin
7/14/2004 9:35:58 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

But if you disable going offline, there will be no synchronisation of
appointments, contacts etc between you Outlook folders and CRM. Is that what
you want?

Peter

"Martin B�bl" <martin.buebl[at]@web.de.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility to
go
> offline is disabled?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Martin

0
Peter
7/14/2004 9:44:56 AM
Hi Peter,

what I want is that no data is stored in the MSDE database (for security
reasons, no sensitive data should get out of the office). It would be nice
if the Contact/Appointment Sync would work but if that feature depends on
the offline data, data security is more important.

How can I do this?

Greetings, Martin

"Peter Lynch" <anon@anon.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> But if you disable going offline, there will be no synchronisation of
> appointments, contacts etc between you Outlook folders and CRM. Is that
what
> you want?
>
> Peter
>

> "Martin B�bl" <martin.buebl[at]@web.de.invalid> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > is it possible to configure the Outlook Client so that the possibility
> go
> > offline is disabled?
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Martin

0
Martin

Updating a SQL database using Excel 2007
Hello, I have created a pivot table in Excel using the data from a SQL 2005 database. Is it possible to make changes to the data and save it back to the SQL database? Thanks David I know you can do this in Access depending on your connection settings. I would be curious to find out if it can be done in Excel also. Is there a resource where I can find more info on creating a pivot table in Excel using SQL data? The excel help doesn't tell me what I want to know. If there is an existing pivot table how can I tell the data source? I know it is external data and suspect it is ...

MFC based client server application query?
Hi experts I have developed an client server application using MFC sockets support. The server is a dialog based application & the client is an SDI application. I am having problem with sending data from client to server. After starting the server application, i start the client and try to connect & send data to server using the following code. void CMainFrame::OnConnect() { CSimpleSDIsockclientApp *pApp = (CSimpleSDIsockclientApp*)AfxGetApp(); int res = pApp->ClientSocket.Create(40000); if(res) { MessageBox("Client Socket at port no. 40000 Successf...

Web Client marking messages read
Need help with Blackberry web client marking messages read when it copies messages from Web mail. I just brought up about 15 blackberry 7230s using T-Mobile as a carrier. We are using Exchange 5.5 and have web mail setup. I am getting the mail messages to go to blackberry devices, but the messages are being marked as read in Exchange/Outlook. Basically, when the users are sitting at their desks their messages are being marked as read even though they haven't read the messages. I saw some kind of fix for Exchange 2000, does anyone know if there is anything I can do other than...

Using a cell to determine a value in a database query.
Hi folks, I've run into a problem recently - maybe there's no good answer, then again perhaps you can help me come to one. I have a spreadsheet on which There are three entry fields: start date end date store number I've managed to map start date to [startdate] in a query and end date to [enddate] - that seems to work fine. The problem I'm running into now has to do with the store number field. In the database, store number is a 4 character field, as of now the numbers of the store are like 01,02,03,04..HQ,RO. When I try to map store number to [storenum] in the query, I ...

Change Data Connection Definitions from local to sharepoint
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have created a query tool/workbook that contains a linked table worksheet from sharepoint as the source data (its a custom view/subset of the records data). This worksheet is refreshed from the sharepoint source periodically. I created this tool/workbook on my desktop, and now want to put it on the sharepoint location for multiple users. However, the Data Connection definition for the linked worksheet is showing the local address of my pc, so the data refresh won't work once the workbook is posted to the sharepoint. I have not been able t...

how do i carry a balance to next row without it continuing down?
i have made a worksheet that adds and subtracts across the row, each row is a month, then the balance in the last colunm jumps down to the next row (month)first column. everything works great but i don't want the balance for the next month continuing down to the each month same for the ending balance. what i want is to have it end each time with just the beginning balance for the coming month, then as i add a percentage rate it will add across the row and put the ending balance in the next row (month) i hope this make sense ...

Database Repair Help
I created an Access database in Access 2000 and share it on a WNT4.0 server. Several intermittent times a day the database requires rebuilding when you attempt to open it on one of several workstations. Some of the workstations have Access 2000 and some have Access 2003. No more than 7 users are on the database simultaneously and usually lesss than 4. If you have the file open on your computer prior to the need repair dialog box popping up on one of the other workstations you can still use the database and your data will be saved but no new users can open the file until it is closed on ...

Access Databases, MFC and VS2005
Okay. I'm going to try and ask this as succinctly as possible. When using an Access database in my apps, I've had to derive a recordset for each table. Before you laugh, consider that there are all of 3 tables in each, and each of those has less than 20 columns. My preferred way of using this techniques is to use the wizard to create a class derived from CRecordset and indicate the desired table in the dialogs. It works well but it's a lot of code, particularly if I want to do anything relational between tables. I have read and re re re read the MS docs, but I cannot seem to ...

Sending a captured .dib file to an image box without storing it
I want to use a command button, say "cmdDisplayImage" to display/ transfer a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control to an image or OLE box on the same form such as "PhotoPreview" (not sure which one is possible/best...perhaps someone can help me...I'm new at this.) I really don't want to "save" it first. Then, I want another command button such as "cmdSaveImage" to save the file to a folder (such as \\Server\Database\Images when the user clicks another command button when they have the image they want in the "PhotoPreview" box. R...

Outlook Client
When I attempt to go offline with the Outlook client, I receive the error, Failed move data for entity Case during action salnsert, countRows........ I saw a couple of other posts about this error but no response to them. Can anyone provide some additional information about how to correct the issue? Thank you, Donna This could happen for a few different reasons but make sure the user has permissions to the BCP folder in his profile... C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\BCP "Donna Edwards" wrote: > When I attempt to go offline with the O...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you ...

How do I enter a date in excel without "/" ex. 041504 will show 0.
Excel can't do this without some help. You could look at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html for an addin that can set this up. tj "Amy" wrote: > ...

database model diagram
Is it possible to see wich fields are used in a relationship. I don't want to select a relationship but I want to see it directly. Thanx, Joep Admiraal Probably best to show the names of the relationship, having named them sensibly first... "admiraal" <joep@mercash.nl> wrote in message news:4083c638$0$121$3a628fcd@reader3.nntp.hccnet.nl... > Is it possible to see wich fields are used in a relationship. > I don't want to select a relationship but I want to see it directly. > > Thanx, > Joep Admiraal > > ...

SFO Goonline
Hi, I went offline in SFO, then I couldn't go back online. When I try, I got the following message: "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Please help me, although this is on a demo workstation, not too critical, I'd like to get it resolved. Thank you for your help. Tony Hi Tony- It sounds like you have some DNS or connectivity issues. Make sure that you can do a NSLOOKUP to your DC, SQL and CRM servers from your SFO client. You will want to make sure that you have your host and pointer records...

clprflpr or client flipper
Can anyonne point me in the direction of a download for this tool? Urgently needed for an Exchange migration. The exe file and ini file is all that I require. To cut a long story short, no I can't use EXPROFRE as the users don't have X500 addresses and the software on the server I am migrating the users away from is 9 years OLD! TIA, JMS ...

Database #2
Please, I exclude a lot of message storage in my Exchange Private Database, near 4 GB. I made an online and offline desfragmenter procidure, but my priv.edb file stay with the same size, only priv.stm decrese a few MB. Please, what I can do to compact my Exchange Privat Database. Tanks, Luis http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Defragmenting-Exchange-Database.html But really, 4 GB is nothing for an exchange database. "Luis Buratto" <LuisBuratto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF36663B-9470-4202-8274-264479704B71@microsoft.com... > Please, >...

Remove unused members when creating 2005 local cubes
I need to create a windows application in which I can programmatically create local cubes from SQL Server 2005 databases using C#. I was able to do this in SQL Server 2000, but I cannot get the same results after upgrading to 2005 because the CREATE GLOBAL CUBE command does not slice the data as it did in 2000. In other words, I get all accounts that exists in the company as opposed to only accounts that belong to the user. This extra data kills browsing performance. Can this be done using XMLA or AMO? If so, any examples would be appreciated. -- DCount -- DCount ...

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 10-07-04
I keep getting this message when installing MS CRM 1.2. Anyone else had this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_31256612 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, This error can mean a few different things. Below are a couple of KB articles that discuss the error message: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861915 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870105 Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------...

mail for non-existent local user goes to the Internet Mail Service
I'm running Echange Server 5.5. If I try to send an email to an email address that has my domain on it but doesn't have a mailbox set up on my server, instead of generating an NDR my server is trying to send the email through the Internet Mail Connector. In case I'm not being clear, here's an emample. Let's say my email domain is example.com . Let's say I want to send an email to brian@example.com but I mis-type it and put in prian@example.com. Instead of coming back and telling me that that mail box doesn't exist, my server tries to send t...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

CRM 3.0 authenticates via iexplore, but fails with outlook client.
CRM server 3.0 is installed on the primary domain controller for the shop, and crm client 3.0 for outlook is installed in a laptop. The laptop is running a "clean" install of Windows XP, Symantec Antivirus 9.0, Outlook for Office 2007, and CRM 3.0 (and dependancies per the CRM install tools). The laptop is a member of the domain, and the user is logged into his domain account on the laptop. Nothing else is installed in the laptop. Everything below takes place from within the domain--no VPN, no DMZ involved. Using Internet Explorer (from the laptop) If I type in the url for MSCRM se...

0x8004010F PF Client Permissions Error
Hi All, It's a funny one, and not that interesting; sorry. I'm trying to change client permissions on a particular public folder and am constantly receiving an '0x8004010F Unknown Error' message when applying and ok'ing the change. It's not a MAPI/Outlook issue as I'm running ESM over a remote desktop session to my Exchange server. I'm pretty sure replication is also not an issue either as PF's are only stored on one of my three UK Exchange boxes, with no replication inbetween. I can successfully amend other folder's client permissions. I can...

Convert to 97 Access Database
Hi Everyone, Have a quick question, I'm using MS Access 2007, not fully up to speed with it yet. In Access 2003 - you had an option to convert a database to a 97 Access DB >>Tools >>>>Convert Database >>>>>>Convert to 97 Access Database But I am unable to find this option in Access 2007? Any help, much appreciated Thanks Paul The option wasn't included in Access 2007. Remember that Access 97 is ten years older than Access 2007: is it realistic to expect a product to work with a 10 years old of the same product? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft ...

Downloading Msgs From Outlook Web Access to Local HDD
Hey Everyone, I just got assaigned an email account for college next fall. Their method of checking email is Outlook Web Acess. I find this program extremly difficult to use and was wondering if it's possible to download the messeges from my account to my HDD using a program like Thunderbird or possibly Outlook Express? I tried connected via POP method- using mail.SCHOOL.edu as my incoming mail server and smtp.SCHOOL.edu as my outgoing mail server. Is it my school that is the problem or is it simply impossible to download msgs from Web Access? Thank You! -Oyster Outlook Web Access i...

Client install package
Is there any chance of a service pack having the ability to create a new package at the relevant SP level. As currentl;y you have to install a client with the package and then service pack the install. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microso...