Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM

I realize that this question has been asked before, i've made sure i've been
compliant as the other posts have suggested, although i may have one
additional wrinkle that i have seen addressed elsewhere.  I may be missing
something...

My statistics:
1. Win 2K,
2. I am set up as an administrator
3. I have set up the client license
4. I am able to access the web-based client once i disabled the pop-up blocker
I can also ping the crm web site
5. I am trying to access the server over a VPN connection rather than
connected locally -

one thing one post brought up - if i attempt to access the crm web site, i
am challenged to enter my id/password - as administrator, wouldn't this still
occur?
Any other ideas to consider?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Tony,

If, when loading the CRM web site you are asked for your id and password
then you are trying to login from a computer that either is not joined to
your domain or not logged in with a licensed CRM users.
If you're working with VPN it could be that the computer is not joined to
the domain. I have encountered this in my office.
Being asked for your user name and password will also happen if you are
using the IP address of the crm and not the DNS name.
But despite all this it should still work even if it's asking you for your
credentials. Be sure to login correctly:

domain\username
password

This behavior would be the same for an admin account of any other account.

I hope I didn't miss the point.

-Eric

"Tony" wrote:

> I realize that this question has been asked before, i've made sure i've been
> compliant as the other posts have suggested, although i may have one
> additional wrinkle that i have seen addressed elsewhere.  I may be missing
> something...
>
> My statistics:
> 1. Win 2K,
> 2. I am set up as an administrator
> 3. I have set up the client license
> 4. I am able to access the web-based client once i disabled the pop-up blocker
> I can also ping the crm web site
> 5. I am trying to access the server over a VPN connection rather than
> connected locally -
>
> one thing one post brought up - if i attempt to access the crm web site, i
> am challenged to enter my id/password - as administrator, wouldn't this still
> occur?
> Any other ideas to consider?

Find a row based on a word in the cell
I would like to search a worksheet for "apple". When it finds "apple", I want it to select that row, as well as the row below it (which does not contain the word "apple".) I would like to continue to search until the end of the worksheet. So, it will find all rows that contain the word "apple", select that row, as well as the row directly beneath it. Then it needs to cut these cells and paste into a new worksheet. The rows will never be the same, but the word "apple" will always occur in column A. "apple" will neve...

Does Microsoft know what they are doing
With their NNTP Server closing they just added more groups microsoft.public.forecaster microsoft.public.frx microsoft.public.pos microsoft.public.smallbusinessmanager ????? Who Should I Contact with any Questions? Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to NNTP@microsoft.com Maybe they can answer? Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz Question or Second Opinion - www.PersonalITConsultant.com BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com &q...

Exporting fields in CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase
I'm attempting to export some of the fields in the CRM 4.0 knowledgebase, and most of them are easy enough to do, as they are non-joined fields. However, the "Body" of the KB I'm a little unsure about. I see int he SQL table/view, there is an "articlexml" field and a "content" field. I'm unsure on how to hand the export of these two fields, or if I can disregard one of the fields. Does anyone have any ideas for handling this type of content? -- Sketchy ...

how to find an alias
I tried to add an alias e-mail to a user in Exchange 2003 but it says the e-mail address already exist in this organization. How can I find it in my system manager for Exchange 2003? Thanks, Not in ESM, in the users and computers Active directory console ... right click / search / Advanced choose email adress equal to youraddress@yourcompany.com -- Regards, Yannick DUCERF French Exchange Administrator "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: u1yTG1etEHA.1336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I tried to add an alias e-mail to a user in Exchange 2...

how do I find a restaurant proforma spreadsheet
i am trying to find a template that can help me with a 2 yr financial projection for a restaurant Check out this page:- http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033 It may help. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "jlicataiv" wrote: > i am trying to find a template that can help me with a 2 yr financial > projection for a restaurant ...

Where can I find Japanese stylised roman fonts?
Hi, I am creating a business card in MS Publisher and need a roman font that resembles Japanese characters , any clues please? -- Timpatco See if anything here looks good to you. http://www.coffeecup.com/freestuff/fonts/index.php?cat_id=26 -- Don Quid pro quo. "timpatco" <timpatco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D2473A3-F6E2-48BB-AD32-B24574EDBAE3@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am creating a business card in MS Publisher and need a roman font that > resembles Japanese characters , any clues please? > -- > Timpatco ...

US to UK CRM link
Hi, A potential client has a scenario whereby they want a UK installation of CRM on SBS but they also want the US site to integrate into it. What would you recommend - a server on each site, a hosted service or one server with a fast link between the two. Any experience of this out there ?? PeteC wrote: > Hi, > > A potential client has a scenario whereby they want a UK installation of CRM > on SBS but they also want the US site to integrate into it. What would you > recommend - a server on each site, a hosted service or one server with a fast > link between the two. ...

how can I change edit-find defaults in excel?
Want to cgange edit-find defaults from Search 'by rows' to Search 'by columns'. Anyone knwo how to make this default change? TIA Ken Saved from a previous post: Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the first search in that session. You can use that to your advantage. You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you like). Then closes and gets out of the way. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Worksheets("sheet1")...

Faxing thru Outlook in relation to CRM
Is it possible to do track faxing through outlook (via exchange, and a fax server) with the CRM? We have been using NetSatisFaxtion for fax blasts, etc., but need to know if this can still be done, but using the outlook gateway, and maybe having the faxes tracked as activities??? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks! Hi Justin, yes you can! Please use some Add-On from thirt party companies. e.g. http://www.zfirm.com/omnirush/documentation/helpfile/Operating_Environment_-_Microsoft_CRM.htm You can search it via http://www.google.com. Greatings Alfred G�bel (MS-CRM, Germany) &qu...

i can't find document content, pages open but are blank
please help!! If you press Ctrl+A, is anything highlighted? If so, maybe font formatted as white or hidden? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "mikej" <mikej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41EDB4A8-C041-47C5-88D8-4EEA55FDBFFB@microsoft.com... > please help!! ...

'About' Microsoft Excel 2007 (under Help)
In previous versions of any Office program you could go to Help/About Microsoft Excel and find out the version used as well as any updates i.e. SP3. Where does this information reside in Office 2007? Office Button (top left hand corner) Excel Options (lower right hand corner) Resources (lower left hand side) About (the last option on the page) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Essentials_Carol" wrote: > In previous versions of any Office program you could go to Help/About > Microsoft Excel and find out the version used a...

Instancing a Schema to be used by an .xml file
Hello, I have the following scenario. I hope someone may help me on this: I have an ASP.NET web-application that create .xml files according to a defined schema and they are sent out to our customers to review and/or to update the information. I need to create a new VB.NET application (in the customer side) : 1. That receives these .xml files and allow to modify the data into these ..xml files and then send back these .xml files to the web-application for validation 2. Create new .xml files from the VB.NET Application using the records into a MS Access database and send back these...

Need to add check transactions to Microsoft Money using OFX file (not bank statements)
Does anybody have an example of an OFX file that imports check transactions into Microsoft Money? I need to simulate the manual input of checks. Dut to problems in our accounting software, it's best to enter transactions in our accounting system and rekey them into MS-Money. I found some "statement" files but I am thinking this isn't what I need to do????? I appreciate the depth and functionality of ofx vs. qif but I am finding it difficult to find ofx examples since they all appear to be produced by large companies (i.e. banks and financial companies) Any help wo...

Where do I find the Attachment Options in Outlook Mail 2007?
I am trying to send pictures as attachments to E-mail messages but they get stuck in the Outbox forever. I was told that I need to activate an "Attachment Option" but my problem is that I can't find the Tab where the Attachment Options are. Can anybody tell me where to find it so I can tell it to resize my pictures? Thank you. What size is the attached file(s)? There maybe restictions put in place by your ISP as to mail sizes Do you have an anti virus application integrated with Outlook? If so with outlook closed uninstall the AV, reboot, retest outlook. Reinsta...

Microsoft Money 2002 #2
I wish to use Money 2002 to write and print personal checks. I am unable to figure out how to configure the blank checks (can't even find them) with our names, address, and phone number, and the bank's name, address, id number, and our account number. I have the printable blank checks, but without the above information, they are impossible to use. Can somebody please help me? Money will not print that information. You must buy printed check forms that have the bank information, your account number, etc, just as you do for your hand-written checks. If you bought VersaCheck bl...

CRM 1.2 upgrade error
We're attempting to up from 1.0 to 1.2. Upon beginning installation, we get this error and are unable to go any further. Has anyone experienced this before? How did you solve the problem? I don't know if this helps, but we have 2 domain controllers, a primary and a secondary. Error message: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to add the account to SQLAccessGroup in Active Directory. There is no such object on the server. (80072030) The SQLAccessGroup is in Active Directory, under the CRM -> MSDN Subscriber folder. Thanks for your help! Jared ...

How Queues work in CRM?
Hi, Can someone please explain me the concept of queue in crm 3.0? I opened an email in outlook client and saved it to CRM using "Track in CRM" and "View in CRM" buttons. As soon as it is saved in CRM, it goes in as Closed Activity. Why is it so? Secondly, I can see that email activity under Queues --> Assigned and then there is a button on the toolbar "Accept". When we click "Accept", the email activity disappears from the queue. What is this button "Accept" for? Even if I don't click that button, the activity is already there in my...

Microsoft Outllook 2007
3 or 4 days ago Outlook stopped working. My OS is Windows 7 64bit. I get this message( Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.) I sure would appreciate some help. Thanks, -- K.Ladd "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38777408-B24C-41ED-9205-758A333ED458@microsoft.com... > 3 or 4 days ago Outlook stopped working. My OS is Windows 7 64bit. I get > this message( Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the > Outlook > window.) I sure would appreciate some help. > Thanks, Go...

Look at this critical pack that came from the Microsoft
--vuwasltmemmphiru Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="siftkphupdco"; type="multipart/alternative" --siftkphupdco Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lmbrqharuuhilclbr" --lmbrqharuuhilclbr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2002, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to...

Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redunda...

Error at final stage of cluster/Exchange 2003 setup
Please help. I followed all the steps on "Exchange 2003 Deployment", chapter 7 - deploying Exchange 2003 in a cluster. I have a two node, active/passive configuration. At the last step, "System attendant" configuration, a pop up appeared "An error occurred while attempting to find the account in the Active Directory". Here is the *progress.log" on the node I was performing the installation from. Please advise: [17:38:30] CAtomMDB::ScCleanupPublicFolderStores (f:\tisp1\admin\src\udog\exsetdata\components\server\a_mdb.cxx:3702) Error code 0X...

Microsoft RMS and Quickbooks Integration
My client wants to have 2 profit centers/classes in Quickbooks Pro and import the correct batch information for each profit center into the correct profit center in Quickbooks. Can this be done? Andrea ...

Installing Microsoft Money Essentials in a new computer
I have Microsoft Money Essentials installed in my computer and running without problems. Recently a bought a new notebook and want transfer Microsoft Money Essentials from my old PC to the new notebook. What I have to do? Thx. Reinstall MEss on the notebook from the original installation file. Activate it. You will probably then want to transfer your Money data file to the notebook as well, but you do not make your intended use case clear. "Felipe" <Felipe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9E78167-A8D4-4592-8FEA-744BCAB5D8B3@microsoft.com... >I have ...

Exhcange 2003 OWA Setup
Hello, Is there any way to enable the Label feature in OWA (when you schedule an appointment, it is the field where you identify whether it is busniess, personal, important, etc.)? The field is not on the screen but is very important to some of our users. Thanks for any help that you can provide. David Mahler dmahler@isidc.com On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:18:58 -0700, "David Mahler" <dmahler@isidc.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there any way to enable the Label feature in OWA (when you schedule an >appointment, it is the field where you identify whether it is busni...

Unable to open attachments
A friend is running Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail, he said he is unable to open attachments, what should he check and what further info do you need to answer this question. Jerry 1: What is the filer extension of the attachments? 2: Can he open them if he saves them to the HDD first? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message news:#BUNYSfdKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > A friend is running Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail, he said he is unable > to open...