settings tab

New system setup, and I set myslef up a the 1st and only user so far.  Using
the Web-based interface, I don't see the settings tab for configuring the
system.  What am I missing?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you have installed the Outlook client for CRM, you can not have Outlook
open at the same time as the web interface, or you won't be able to view the
Settings area (there's a workaround for this which you can find on the
newsgroup). Also, once you can access your user record, open it and deselect
"Restricted Access."
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"leec" wrote:

> New system setup, and I set myslef up a the 1st and only user so far.  Using
> the Web-based interface, I don't see the settings tab for configuring the
> system.  What am I missing?
I only have the web-based interface; it relies on Outlook.  If I am going to
administer CRM does that mean I need to have teh non-web client in place?

"MattNC" wrote:

> If you have installed the Outlook client for CRM, you can not have Outlook
> open at the same time as the web interface, or you won't be able to view the
> Settings area (there's a workaround for this which you can find on the
> newsgroup). Also, once you can access your user record, open it and deselect
> "Restricted Access."
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "leec" wrote:
>
> > New system setup, and I set myslef up a the 1st and only user so far.  Using
> > the Web-based interface, I don't see the settings tab for configuring the
> > system.  What am I missing?
Not sure what you mean by "it relies on Outlook." However, you administer CRM
through the web UI, not the Outlook client.

Okay, assuming you installed CRM as the Administrator and you set up another
user, such as Fred Smith, then, in order for Fred Smith to see the Settings
area of CRM you need to assign him the System Administrator or System
Customizer role.

Log on to the server you installed CRM on, as the Administrator. Open
Internet Explorer and browse to CRM. Click on Settings > Business Unit
Settings > Users and go to Fred Smith. Make sure he has the System
Administrator or Customizer role and make sure his user account is not
checked for "Restricted Access."
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"leec" wrote:

> I only have the web-based interface; it relies on Outlook.  If I am going to
> administer CRM does that mean I need to have teh non-web client in place?
>
> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > If you have installed the Outlook client for CRM, you can not have Outlook
> > open at the same time as the web interface, or you won't be able to view the
> > Settings area (there's a workaround for this which you can find on the
> > newsgroup). Also, once you can access your user record, open it and deselect
> > "Restricted Access."
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "leec" wrote:
> >
> > > New system setup, and I set myslef up a the 1st and only user so far.  Using
> > > the Web-based interface, I don't see the settings tab for configuring the
> > > system.  What am I missing?

Setting up Exchange to retrieve contact data from external source
Hi all, I'd like to setup an Exchange server to retrieve data from an external source. There are three use-cases, where: 1. A new contact is created in the external source. Update exchange. 2. A contact is deleted in the external source. Update exchange. 3. A contact is changed in the external source. Update exchange. And updates should only work one way, from the external source to Exchange. I'm free to select the update protocol and data format, so I was wondering if you have any suggestions how this could be implemented. Thanks, Morten On 8 Sep 2004 22:49:12 -0700, mort...

Default 'Find' Settings
Hi I would like to set the default of the 'Find' Dialog to 'Match any part of field' Is that possible and how? Thank you, Samuel Hi Samuel, Try: In Access main Menu Select: Tools->Options->Find/Edit Select "General Search" in "Default Find/Replace Behaviour" Section Regards/JK "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eln3FFGnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... | Hi | | I would like to set the default of the 'Find' Dialog to 'Match any part of | field' | | Is that possible and how? | | Than...

How to copy toolbar settings from Excel 2003?
Hi All, I am currently using Excel 2003 on my computer. I have customised the way toolbars appear on my system in Excel. Now I would be upgrading to a new machine. I want to know how should I copy the settings for my toolbars. I tried the Help option- It says to copy the file named "excel.xlb" to the new machine but it doesn't mentions anything about Excel 2003. Moreover I have not found any file with extension .xlb on my machine. Can anybody please help? Thanks in Advance. Hi Interesting! I just did a search for *.xlb and my PC found nothing - but I have got one! It...

Colour of worksheet tabs
I am using Excel 2000 and wanted to know if it's possible to colour the worksheet tabs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Howard Hi Howard only if you upgrade to version 2002 or 2003 Cheers JulieD "Howard the Baker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c401c495a3$bdde3200$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am using Excel 2000 and wanted to know if it's possible > to colour the worksheet tabs. Any help would be greatly > appreciated. > > Howard Hi Howard, This feature was introduced in 2002. AFAIK not possible in 2000 and b...

Eamil account settings
In Outlook 2003 I have set up an email account with following settings which are causing a problem: Incoming Mail server (POP3) r252.easily.com Logon Information>User Name aless With these settings the account works fine but when I restart Outlook the settings have changed to the following: Incoming Mail server (POP3) Localhost Logon Information>User Name aless/r252.easily.com Now on doing Send/Receive I am repeatedly asked to put in a password for the user name aless/r252.easily.com - the password gets rejected and the dialog box remains open fo...

setting up emails
Hi every1 I am having problems setting up my emails, it is asking me for incoming and outgoing servers and i do not know how to find them....sorry but i am new to all this...... -- shirlzzzzzz "WHOZADONUT" <WHOZADONUT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30B925EB-3759-45F1-BBF7-54C2B3112A25@microsoft.com... > Hi every1 > > I am having problems setting up my emails, it is asking me for incoming > and > outgoing servers and i do not know how to find them....sorry but i am new > to > all this...... > -- > shirlzzzzzz You need to co...

how to set up an outlook 2000 filter rule. Help please
I'm using the outlook 2000 now is because I love the calenda and other functions. But I'm very frustrated that I couldn't set up a same junk mail filter rule as my outlook express. in my outlook express, I set a filter rule to move or incoming emails to a junk mail folder except the incoming emails are from certain domains or some individal account. This filter rule works perfect for me. Unfortunately, I was unable to set up a such rule in my outlook 2000. Any possbile help? thanks a lot! henry In news:1131133021.035942.279190@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, henry <henry.huil...

Can't set color in any Office application
I can not set font color in any Office application: Word, Power Point, Excel. I am in 2003 Office version. But also in 2007 i have the same thing. There is the same in WordArt. What may be the reason? Could be a corrupt Office Installation. In Office 2003, try Detect & Repair from the Help Menu and in Office 2007 try Office Diagnostics from any application in Office 2007 suite. hth student25 wrote: >I can not set font color in any Office application: Word, Power Point, Excel. >I am in 2003 Office version. But also in 2007 i have the same thing. There is &g...

Determining Display Area of Tab Control in MFC
Can anyone help me understand the behavior of the following code? This code is part of an MFC application and CDialogTabCtrl is a class derived from CTabCtrl. m_arPanels is an array of pointers to CWnd objects that correspond to each tab of the tab control. The following code seems to work fine but I'm not sure why. The problem is the call to MoveWindow. The docs say that the right and bottom members of the structure specify the width and height of the window. But when I uncomment the two lines that convert the right/bottom to the width/height, I get a larger margin along the right and b...

Setting Up Receive-Only Mailboxes
Hi there. I turn to this group for some assistance as the knowledge base came up somewhat short. We are trying to set up an email account for several users to use where information on who's in, what numbers to call, etc. are accessible but they can not use the account to send out email. I found an article in the knowledge base, 151803, that says how to do this. However, the note section says "In Exchange 5.5 SP3 and SP4 a value of 0 means "no size restriction"." So, I turn to you to see if there is a way of doing this with Exchange 5.5 SP4. I did try and ...

OWA Security settings #2
What are the security ramifications of running OWA with the following settings: Allow Anonymous Basic Authentication SSL 128 required. So far this is the only way to get OWA to work on my system, and it seems to be working properly. ie - users get a login prompt and an invalid login fails to display anything. Thanks. Which specific virtual directory are you referencing? The Exchange vdir? I certainly wouldn't have anonymous checked... With Basic (using SSL), the session will be encrypted, so even though the password is still passed in plain text, it can't be intercepted. -...

Set value for function through form code
TIA... Not sure where to post... I found info from Access Query group that I could define function and then use it as variable for query object criteria, so... I set up a function in a module for my database Function testjbl() testjbl = variablename End Function I have a button on a form that on click variablename=7 In a query I set criteria to testjbl() the query runs but apparently the value is not passed to testjbl() Any help??? Does it matter where the function code is, module form code?? How should I set the value for variablename so the function uses the value in the qu...

MS Exchange Server 2003 Registry Settings
Hi, Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003? Thanks in Advance. Vinay On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 06:15:00 -0800, vinay <vinay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Hi, > >Can anybody give some pointer where I could find all the Registry >Settings relevant to MS Exchange Server 2003? > >Thanks in Advance. > >Vinay I dont think you will find something like that. Whats the goal? If you want make sure your installation is optimal, download and run Exbpa against it. I am performing the backup ...

Setting permissions in an Exchange 2003 FE/BE configuration?
What permissions settings do I need to change, when using an Exchange 2003 FE/BE topology, to allow my users to simply enter their username/password rather than having to enter their domainname\username and then password I know this is doable, but after applying SP1 to my Exchange Server topology, these permissions got reset for some reason Thanks Rob G. ...

To set the whole row in a particular colo. (based on some conditio
Hi, I was to set a particular color to a row based on some condition. ForEx: if the value of a cell E5 is 'closed', then set that entire row to 'grey' color. How do I do that? Use conditional formatting. Select all the rows (let's assume it is E-M in this case). Go to CF. Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =$E5="closed" Click Format button and format as desired OK out -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Venkatesh V" <VenkateshV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Setting up Outlook for Imap
Hi. Can anyone tell me if there's a set-up/user guide for using Outlook for email on an Imap server? For example, how to save copies of sent messages to a folder that synchronises with the Imap server and similar useful stuff? Thanks. See if the information here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/olinet.htm#imap -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "DG" wrote: > Hi. Can anyone tell me if there's a set-up/user guide for using...

Run-Time Error 1004/ unable to set the hidden property of the rang
I have a spreadsheet that has the same survey details on repeated down the page. There is a radio button 1-13 and by clicking in one of them you get the corresponding number of survey sections. I want most of the page protected, to stop people tinkering with it but when it is locked I get the Run-Time error 1004 when selecting one of the radio buttons copy of VB below Can anyone help If I put the Me.Unprotect at the start and Me.Prptect at end it works but ask for password to be entered which defeats the object. Private Sub OptionButton_1_Click() If Me.OptionButton_1....

Workbook Print Settings
Hi, can't figure out how to set identical Print Settings for every worksheet in Workbook without having to set each indiv worksheet in same Workbook??? thanks for ur help! Good morning tccc1219 Try this trick. Select the sheet you want to use as the source. Then, with ctrl held down, select all the sheets you want to copy the settings to. Then goto File > Page Setup and when the dialog box appears clickOK. All the print settings will then be copied across. HTH DominicB -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profil...

Sending emails using AOL settings
Hi Any advice on the folowing would be appreciated: Am using AOL broadband as my ISP. I am able to configure Outlook Express to send & receive emails OK When using the same Outlook Express settings in Outlook 2002 am unable to send emails - an error refering to incorrect email address appears. HAve double & doubled checked and all email address's are identical as per those used in Outlook express. Using XP Pro with service pack 2 TIA Tom There are special settings for Outlook with AOL that are available at AOL support. http://help.aol.com/aimhelp/search.do?cmd=displ...

Set the focus to the top of the form that has a tabcontrol
Hi I have a form which consists of a tab control. When users switch between tabs, I want to set the focus of the entire form to the top of the form each time instead of where they let the form on their previous visit. Is this possible? I tried to set the focus to the top of the form by using the following: Me.StudentID.SetFocus But it doesn't work. I'm not sure of where I should put the code. Is this the right one to use or would something else be better? I also read somewhere in one of the forums I can set the focus first to the mainform by using Forms...

Double set of personal folders in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C697DA.68052470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have Outlook 2003 and ever since it was installed (upgraded from 2002) = I've had a double set of "personal folders" -- The icon for one is a = little house (like you usually see on the main mailbox.) The icon for = the other is just a yellow folder like you would see on any extra = outlook data file you creat. but the are exact duplicates of each other, and I cannot close either = one ...

macro to insert rows between sets of records
I have data that looks like this: name class title joe class1 assistant mary class1 assistant zelda class1 assistant al class1 professor ben class1 professor cleo class1 professor dan class1 professor alice class2 student barb class2 student claire class2 student ...and so on the spreadsheet goes. What I want to do is create a macr that will insert 2 blank lines between each 'title' group and insert line above the groupings with the title on it.. so that the resultin spread sheet looks like: name class title assistant joe class1 as...

How do i set one of the static text controls in the dialog to be bold? #2
Hi, I have an MFC dialog that has two static controls on it with text. I need to set one of the strings to be bold, basically have one control with bold text and second one with plain. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Unable to set listening port on an activeX control
Hi. I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when i set its listening port to a particular port it does not get set. When i do a netstat -ab on the command line, the port that my application listens to is some random port other than what i have set. What could be the problem? And how do i get it right? The similar application works in VB. Regards Rahul "rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1153130542.084178.205340@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > I have incorporated an activeX control on my application but when...

character sets for non-English languages
We use an Access database to generate reports in Word. Often these are English and another language, side by side. Until some months ago, this worked very well. Now the special character sets needed for the other languages (Spanish, French, Portugese, German) appear as Greek symbols when the document opens in Word. This is computer-specific -- our database is on the network, and this problem has occurred in some computers at different times, but until a few weeks ago, never for all the computers. Now we can't generate the documents on any of our computers. Hi, try to ...