setting the status programmatically on a custom entity - problem

Hello,

 I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value
of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis
code is ran in a pre-update plugin.

   SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest();
   request.Entity = new Moniker();
   request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent";
   request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID;
   request.State = "Inactive";
   request.Status = 5;
   service.Execute(request);

The problem is that I receive the following error:

"State Code is Invalid or State Code is valid but status code is invalid for
the specified State Code."

   After that, the entity IS closed and inactive, but I just want to get rid
of that annoying message.

  Statusreason 5 DOES exist in the picklist values, and I also tried with -1
as suggested by various sites, but still get the error.

Any idea?

Thanks

0
FredBang (29)
10/2/2008 3:58:11 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

customizing quote merge template

Problems with creating a newsletter

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

CSV File Problem

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2