Setting Primary Contact - How?

Hello,

The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary?
Thanks!
--
Ursula R.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
If you open any account record, you would see field "Primary Contact". Using
this field you can set existing contact as primary contact for account.

Regards,
Rohit

"Ursula Rigg" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary?
> Thanks!
> --
> Ursula R.
0
RohitKumar (14)
1/26/2008 4:23:01 AM
Hi Rohit,

Interestingly, I do not have that field present in the account view.  Guess
I need to see our administrator?

Thanks.
--
Ursula R.

"Rohit Kumar" wrote:

> Hi,
> If you open any account record, you would see field "Primary Contact". Using
> this field you can set existing contact as primary contact for account.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit
>

> "Ursula Rigg" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary?
> > Thanks!
> > --
> > Ursula R.

starting in Contacts
How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? Thx. -- Bill No such program. Try again. This is not an OE group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:u7g1UQAXJHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? > > Thx. > > -- > Bill > > > Tools, OPtions, Other, Advanced Options, select your startup folder. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper &quo...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

outlook contact list problem
Hello, I've been using Outlook for quite some time and it worked fine. My set-up: At work an english Outlook 2002 At home a german Outlook 2000 To sync I use an IPAQ PPC with Active Sync 3.7 I've now installed bluetooth support and sync even with my SE mobile phone with XTND Before the contact list was on both computers shown as "first last" i.e. Tom Smith, but now suddenly it shows as "Smith, Tom" I checked the settings on both outlooks and it says: "first last" both in - Tools>Options>Contact options> - Tools > E-mail accounts &g...

Strange problem with some contact names / email senders
Hello! I have a strange Outlook problem which is really annyoing me at the moment! I added someone to my contacts but whenever i reply to their email they're name isn't automatically filled in as it does with other people's email. Also, if i Create a New email message, it never auto-completes their name. (ie if info@babylon-webmaster.fsnet.co.uk is in my contacts under 'Babylon', sends me an email and i reply to it "To: " reads "Babylon <info@babylon- webmaster.fsnet.co.uk>", but for this contact "To:" only ever displays their ...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

Setting up an email server
I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. All the routing looks good, I have the new MX pointing to the domain of my external port on my firewall. And the new domain is added into Exchange. But when I try to send an email to a new recipent using the new domain name I recieve: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 Relaying is prohibited Giving up on xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Any ideas? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:57:41 -0700, "Need Help" <needhelp@address.com> wrote: >I have an established 5.5 server and a I added a new domain to it. &...

lost contacts #4
Running Windows XP pro. Installed the 2003 upgrade to Outlook (previous version probably 2002, or maybe earlier). Client had hit the 2gb file limit. :-( We used the Office 2003 suite, but only selected Outlook (and PowerPoint) at this time. For some reason, the upgrade did NOT convert from the '02 file format to the '03 format, nor did the install ask if I wanted to convert, that would allow much larger file size. So, I created a new 'personal folders' folder and told it to use the '03 format. That gave me TWO 'Personal Folders' in Outlook. Then, I moved the...

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

Blocking SMTP on primary mailbox?
Hello Exch 2k3 AD 2k3 mixed I am thinking about blocking SMTP on my primary mailbox server with the exception of our AD servers and MX gateway. I recently was approached by a developer who was having problems with an app smtp'ing directly to our primary mail server. Apparently they were trying SMTP servers at random :x So i would like to restrict SMTP traffic. I set a list of IP's in the connections area under system manager > server > protocol > smtp. Are there any major concerns with taking this action or is there a better way to do it? thanks e- I'd sugg...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

Transfer Settings
I have searched all over for a way to export my outlook setting from one PC to another, but have found nothing. I exported data and the import seems to have gone fine. Can someone tell me if there is a way to export my settings from outlook on one PC to another - including my account and display settings?? Settings such as display the preview window below the email list... Thank you.. My reply is at the bottom of your sent message. In news:056D480D-3A27-46DE-910D-EE8966BF2A8A@microsoft.com, MVP - WannaB <nospam at here dot priv> typed: > I have searched all over for a wa...

Server settings for message addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?
I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program. Does anyone know how to do this? Hi Ann, I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of manufacturing and shipping a washing machine. It may help you to get going. It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price of different options and shipping prices based on different zones. Regards, Howard "Ann from CCC" <Ann from CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58874DF-8329-48B7-ACB0-4567A8BBBA89@microsoft.com... >I am trying to f...

how do I set up spread sheet for demographical data to get graph.
I need to set up a spread sheet to be able to get age, sex,service usage numbers, site utilisation, presenting issue e.g., drug and alcohol, region, percentage of use base on population e.g, 80 staff DoHi, Do you want to show these results graphically, or in the form of some sort of output table? Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10355820.aspx How are you intending to get the data or enter the data into this sheet? How many worksheets or tables will you need? What is the final display options: Examples, Reports, Charts, Pivot = table? And lastly who are the end users, and how do they...

set excel always on top
Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other programs. TIA Todd L. that is a windows question. this is excel workgroup. >-----Original Message----- >Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and >other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other >programs. > >TIA > >Todd L. >. > Take a look at this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3D3DD50A.CF0CACC5%40msn.com Todd wrote: > &g...

recovering pst file from documents and settings\Admin
Several computer techs have been unable to get my system out of a safe mode loop. I have made that HD a slave. I have recovered all the data by my outlook file (pst). The Documents and setting etc directory and access to files are protected by the Administrator sceutiry. I really neet to recover my Outlook mail file. How can I do it? Please giv eme a Christmas present by telling me how. Merry Christmas to ALL Are you the administrator? If so then you need to point your emai profile to use this .pst as your data file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message po...

Contacts with 2 or more Email addresses
I have a couple of contacts that have more than one email address. When I send an email, it wants to send it to ALL there email address when I ricght click on a persons contact name and choose create a new mail message. Is there a way to make it default to a certain email address? I have office 2007 on Windows XP delete the addresses you don;'t want to include. The send to contact action doesn't have a way to identify the address you wish to use, so rather than pop up a dialog first, it adds all the addresses so you can choose which address (or send to all). -- Diane Poremsky...

Move contacts w/o creating duplicates
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 SP1. I tried moving contacts from one public folder to another public folder, if a contact already existed in the move to folder I was not prompted to update existing or add as new, it automatically created a duplicate, which I don't want. I tried moving the same contacts from the same public folder to my local contacts with the same result, duplicates. In Outlook under tools, options, contact options, I have the check box checked for "check for duplicates". Is there another setting elsewhere, or somthing else I am missing...

Merge Contacts/Accounts Error
We have a customer that was upgraded from 1.2. We have a user that has the System Administrator role and periodically when they merge contacts/accounts, they receive the following error..."The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid". This appears to happen every third or fourth time they perform the merge. Has anyone else seen this before? Jack Bender I have this exact same problem. Has anyone a solution for this? This happens to users with the sys admin role. Thanks! "Jack Bender" wrote: > We have a customer that was upgraded from 1.2. ...

Receiving Error when selecting Organization Settings
After installing CRM 3.0, we attempted to access System Settings under Organization Settings and received the following error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system adminstrator. I have discussed with our system admin and they have not been able to determine the cause of the problem. -- David Connect Set the DevErrors "On" in Web.Config File. Now, check what is the exact error it displays. -- Regards Ram "David Connect" wrote: > After installing CRM 3.0, we attempted to access System Settings under > Organization...

Duplicate Account in Contacts
All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts. One says "Contacts" & the other says "Contacts in Personal Folders". I'm not sure how this came about. How can I delete the latter, without using the former. -- Thank you in advance. Phil Depends on your Outlook version and in what view you see this. You provided no information. -- Russ Valentine "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message news:e7XzVg$7KHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts. One says "Contacts" & the > o...