Setting Lookup Values on Activities

I would like to know if its possible to do the following two things:

1. Set the default value for Lookups (regarding field) in Activities
(Tasks, Phone Call, etc.) I found an old post by Ronald Lemmen that is
likely for 3.0 and does not work for 4.0 @
http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/set-default-entity-on-lookup-window.html

2. Is it possible to restrict the items in the regarding field to
specific ones?

Thanks

0
bradlaw (133)
9/9/2009 5:54:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can use this script in the form's onload() to default the lookup to
Contact:

if (crmForm.all.regardingobjectid != null) {
    crmForm.all.regardingobjectid.setAttribute("defaulttype", "2");
}

Sorry, not sure about your second question.

Dave Ireland

"Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if its possible to do the following two things:
>
> 1. Set the default value for Lookups (regarding field) in Activities
> (Tasks, Phone Call, etc.) I found an old post by Ronald Lemmen that is
> likely for 3.0 and does not work for 4.0 @
> http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/set-default-entity-on-lookup-window.html
>
> 2. Is it possible to restrict the items in the regarding field to
> specific ones?
>
> Thanks

0
direland (470)
9/10/2009 12:32:28 PM
Thanks!
0
bradlaw (133)

object or class does not support the set of events 03-16-07
I have a form in a MDE that works fine on pc's with Access 2000 (or just the 2000 runtime).When I use that same form in the same MDE on a pc that has Office XP installed (even with Access 2000 runtime installed as well) I get the error "object or class does not support the set of events" when I close the form or when the mouse moves over a the DBITech ctMDay ActiveX control that I use.The MDE has these references on Access 2000:VBA: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL (6.0.89.67)Access: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACC9.OLB (9.0.0.2719)s...

Pulling one value from a query
Is there a way using a form to pull one value from a query. Basically I have a table that has my pricing and I want to run a select query to grab all the values and populate about 12 unbound txt boxes. I could make 12 queries, one for each value, but theres gotta be a better method. Thanks, Adien You can use DLookup (i.e. Set the ControlSource property of Text1 to =DLookup("Field1", "QueryName"), for Text2 to =DLookup("Field2", "QueryName") and so on), or you can use a recordset: Dim rsCurr As DAO.Recordset Set rsCurr = CurrentDb.QueryDefs("...

cannot assign activity to other user
Dear all, I need to reassign activity to another user. But when I do this, There is an error message "Activities that have been closed cannot be assigned to another user" Do you know what it might be wrong? I do need to reassign this activity because the owner of this activity leave our company so that his user account need to be disabled. Thank for your help. Regards Esar Dear Dolfi, My understanding of this is that you are trying to assign Closed activities, possily as well as Open activities to another user. If an activity has been 'completed' or 'closed...

LOOKUP but with 2 parameters ?
Hi, on sheet2, i have the following table col1 col2 col3 A 1 10 A 2 11 B 1 20 B 2 25 C 1 30 C 2 32 .... on sheet1, i have the following table col1 col2 col3 A 2 B 1 A 1 C 1 i would like in col3 the result of the search...something like research on sheet 2 the couple sheet1:col1 and sheet1:col2 if found sheet1:col3 = result of research this exist vis LOOKUP function, but it does not allow a research based on 2 parameter... how can i do it ? thanks a lot for help Maileen You can use this kind of syntax: =index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100, match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)*(b2=othershee...

highest value between rows
hi.. Datas are: A B C D E 1 AA08 AA07 AA09 AA30 2 I want to display the highest value(AA30) in E1. Any formula for this? Thanks. Hi there, You might want to concider using the vlookup formula combined with the max in this one. =VLOOKUP(MAX(range, range_including_answer_col, col_ref,0)) Put this formula in cell AA30 Hope it helps you -- Thank you and Regards Garreth Lombard "formula" wrote: > hi.. > > Datas are: > > A B C D E > 1 AA08 AA07 AA09 AA30 > 2 > > I want to display the hi...

get 2nd occurence value
Match function fetches row number of 1st occurence of a value in a range,How to get 2nd or 3rd or later occurences of that value in a range? Assuming that A1:A100 contains your data, and that B1 contains your lookup value, try the following for the second occurrence... =SMALL(IF(A1:A100=B1,ROW(A1:A100)-ROW(A1)+1),2) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. For the third occurrence, change the 2 at the end of the formula to 3. Hope this helps! In article <6FC05ACF-01DA-43C1-B3AF-252211D1BF47@microsoft.com>, TUNGANA KURMA RAJU <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.micro...

Timeout value within which a Service must stop
Hi, What is the time within which a service must stop after a SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP message is received? Where is this timeout paramater specified? Is it the same for all services running on a machine? The service in question is being stopped from the services window. I am working on a Windows 2000 machine and new to windows programming. Would help if I could any information. Thanks and Regards, M Shetty <mshetty@mail.com> wrote in message news:1132058850.084285.280970@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com > What is the time within which a service must stop after a > SERVICE_CONTROL...

Toggle Data Label "Value" On and Off
Is there any way to toggle the "Value" label for a chart on and off using a button linked to some VBA code. I'd like to be able to have the label formatted (i.e. color, size, etc) so that the user just has to click a button for the values to show on the bars of the chart. Thanks for any help you can give! -Josh Found my own answer through recording macros. Here is the code I used, applying it to a toggle button. Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False If ToggleButton1.VALUE = True Then ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Ac...

How to saving values from a calculation
I have a column of input values that I keep a rolling average of the previous 5. There are also blank rows in the column that are not to be averaged. I set up a column with the count function counting only cells with values. When count is great than 5 it moves the data in column 1 to another column and the other 4 using count -4. The new data takes the old data our because the are now a new 5 to be averaged. An IF function with a sum of the new column are used to average the 5. As new data is input into the column a function averages the new line of data and the previous 4 non blank...

value x axis data is wrong
I'm trying to plot a change in a sensor input over time, so I used an XY Scatter chart. I would like to plot the X-Axis as the number of hours elapsed, since I care more about the rate of change than the actual time of any input. However, when I try to create an XY Scatter chart with the "Hours Elapsed" column in the data below as the X-axis, and the "Reading" value as the Y-axis, the chart that is created just plots each Reading at X Value 1,2,3,4,5,...., i.e. it's position in the list, NOT correlated at all with the "Hours Elapsed" value. If I ...

Pivot table will not returned value's
Goodmorning Everybody, Yesterday i made a macro which gets the value from Cell AM1 and fits it as a criteria in a Pivotfield in another file. The macro as seen at the end, works smooth except for this part: Set pt = Sheets("Table Combi").PivotTables("PivotTable3") Set pf = pt.PivotFields("ARF Code") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("ARF Code").CurrentPage = "" & k & "" If pf.CurrentPage <> " & k & " Then pf.CurrentPage = "(Blank)" End If Does ...

Help with lookup and formulas
Im having some issues with some formulas Im trying to put together. Here is the starting project: Sheet 1 contains a list of all equipment available arranged by equipment type and includes all of the equipment I might be interested in. Sheet 2 contains a rollup of all equipment with company possessing such equipment with equipment type. Im trying to get a Sheet 3 (Individual company info sheet) that will update automatically pulling all data that is contained in Sheet 2 for an individual company (1 Company per Sheet), verifying that it is included in my master equipment l...

Lookup and Sum in same cell
SHNAME ENTDATE SYMBOL QTY RATE COMM C78 1/24/2005 CSCO 1100 0.018 $20 C78 1/28/2005 CSCO -5439 0.018 $100 C78 2/23/2005 CSCO 50 0.017 $1 C78 4/5/2005 CSCO -7892 0.018 $140 C78 4/13/2005 CSCO 3786 0.018 $69 I am trying to create a lookup formula that will search by SHNAME, find each entry and sum the COMM column in one cell: SHNAME COMM C78 $360 This worksheet is thousands of rows long with multiple rows for each SHNAME. Thanks in advance -- Potatosalad2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Potatosalad...

Setting up a Gift Registry
Still new and have had good success so far (this group has been awesome).....\ I would like to set up a gift registry so a person could setup certain items that someone could purchase for them and manage the items to avoid duplicates etc.... Anyone know if that ability exists or am I writing an application to accommodate this? Kurt, Try setting up a quote, add the items and person's name. Recall the quote and delete the item purchased from the list. -- = "Kurt Geiger" <kgeiger@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23zbsFnvjEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Still ...

How can i create a scatterplot with small and medium values?
i am trying to find a correlation between donating members and emloyees in organisations. The firms have classsed them selves as either small or medium and i would like to plot this information in a scatterplot. the legends would be small and medium and the x, y members and employees. Can anyone help with this matter? Thanks Hi, Sort out you data by the column containing the firm classification. By doing so the the data is rearranged into the "small" and "medium" blocks. Plot the data for the small and medium firms as two separate data series in the same XY-scatte...

CWinApp Setting application icon
In CWinApp I can set the application title by changing the data member m_pszAppName. This title then appears in the top left of the application window. Just to the title's right is a logo icon which is defaulted to the MFC icon. I'd like to change it to the applications icon. How is that done? Thanks, Neil Look in your resources for an icon with the id IDR_MAINFRAME and modify that. A point to be careful is that an Icon can have entries for different sizes and colors. If you are simply going to edit that instead of the changing the file that it points to, make sure that you d...

Setting up Solver reference in a protected VBAproject
Hello, I want to distribute a Excel 2007 workbookk that contains several macros. I need to protect the VBAproject so that the users cannot modify the code. However, in order to use some of the macros the user needs to enable the Solver Add-in, and for that purpose, he needs to have access to the unprotected VBAProject. Is there a way to setup the Solver Add-in while maintaining the VBA project protected (and without disclosing the password)? Any ideas would be appreciated. Regards, OMER ...

how can i use SUMPRODUCT with a non-contiguous set of cells?
You can't. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Wade Wilson" <Wade Wilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82F621F3-C5D4-48D7-9274-9A98A7DB16D5@microsoft.com... > ...

How can I mark rows in Excel so I can use this information to set.
It used to be so simple when I had used a database in Microsoft Works. Now I have an XP, had to get my address databases changed to Excel (by an online company) and I'm not up to snuff on how to work with this now. I'd like to mark certain addresses so I can pull them out for a partial mailing. Can this be done in Excel? I'm a 63-yr-old grandma, no formal training on the computer, have learned and am learning everything the hard way. Hi assuming that you have headings (like name / address etc) across row 1 and your data starts in row 2 then in in a column at the end of yo...

active directory, exchange, crm
I am trying to figure out the best way to allocate to minimal amount of hardware the following components: active directory, exchange, crm (1+ installations), virtual server, etc. if I had only 2 actual servers, which one should have active directory, exchange, sql server, crm, virtual servers, etc.Should all CRM instances go onto virtual servers? should I use redundant disk on both servers? Also what is the best approach for windows updates in production environment? could they cause problems, crashes, etc.? I recently had a bugcheck x50 when tried running the security updates that were in...

set up a continuing roster?
how do i set up a continuing roster in excel, with names, months, dates? You'll have to be a little more specific as to what you want -- neopolita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neopolitan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=61 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39329 Hi Are you talking a duty roster here? If so, what type of shifts? How many shifts per person per week/month? What hours are to be worked? Is it a class roster? How many periods per day? What dura...

setting parent account : Request times out
When I try to set the parent account of certain accounts, I get a request time out error. Any ides why this must be happening? ...

Restricting activation of a form button
I'm using 2 form buttons which runs 2 different subs. The buttons are on the same sheet. I wish to restrict the activation of one of the 2 buttons (assigned to the sub below) to only authorised persons via say, a password prompt? which appears upon clicking the button. Grateful for an example or two of how this control could be done. Thanks Sub TestReset() Sheet8.Select Range("D10").Value = Range("G15").Value Range("D11").Value = Range("D15").Value End Sub I would try something like this: Sub TestRest() Sheet8.Select Dim...

Is there a way to set default font in all child controls?
Hello The SDI application with splitter window - two views inside. Each view has a number of child controls created dynamically. Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a standard (ugly) font. I know I can obtain default GUI font and assign it to each control but I don't want to do it manually each time I create a control. Is there a way to force each child control to obtain font from its parent (without subclussing of course). si >Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a >standard (ugly) font. >I know I can obt...

Fast method for loading pick list values
Hi Does anyone know of a short-cut or fast way to load pick list values? I need to add a list of countries to two different custom pick list fields. Thanks Emma ...