Set default time zone for all users

Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No. Each user must change their own timezone settings. I have no idea why
Microsoft do not pick up your computers timezone. Hopefully this will be
changed in a version 2.0 release

"Jack Black" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to make the time zone default to a certain value so that I
don't have to go into every user and change it to the correct zone?

0
John

i need to convert from UTC time to Local -7 hours offset
i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from UTC (GMT) Hi simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com... > i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from > UTC (GMT) I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract -7 hour for a time colum...

Folder Documents and Settings disappeared
The folder Documents and Settings disappeared from Windows Explorer. How do I make it reappear? Thank you for your help. Vista x64, SP1 In Vista (and in Windows 7), "Documents and Settings" is not a folder. Vista/Win7 uses a different file structure than XP does/did. Those familiar folder names you may be used to, like "My Documents", "Documents & Settings", etc. are not folders in Vista/Win7. They are junction points, and are used for legacy programs which were written to utilize the XP file structure. They will redirect the programs to use...

User not seen in GAL in Outlook but is seen in OWA
We're running Exchange 2008 and Outlook 2003. All workstations are in cached mode. One of our users is in the AD (of course) but can't be seen in numerous people's GAL in Outlook. Mine included. If I sign in to the OWA and do a "Find a Contact", he shows up. the same process fails in Outlook I did try checking off "Hide from lists" and unchecking it the next day. but that diudn't help. Any suggestions? Is there a way to re-issue the GAL? Marten Hello: Is this a new user? If so, it can take 1 - 2 days for the user to show up in the ...

How do I end-user license accept so it goes away at opening?
When I open Excel and or Word, I have to accept or decline the "end-user license agreement" EVERY time. What do I have to do to accept for good, so it does not come up each time I use a file or document? I have Office Small Business 2003. you don't say what operating system you're using, but if it's vista, or even win 7, try turning off uac. then accept the eula and reset uac. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Legal P" <Legal P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813F8F20-1F53-4739-8451-D6FBDDF91E71@microsoft.com... &...

Is it possible to change User-Agent for Outlook 2010?
Can this header be set or disabled programmatically or through registry? It is set to custom string even for traffic inside add-in's web browser control. "DamianD" <DamianD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A514043-18A9-42A5-828F-0283A1897FB3@microsoft.com... > Can this header be set or disabled programmatically or through registry? It > is set to custom string even for traffic inside add-in's web browser > control. I don't know of any way to alter that value. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Damien Did you read the a...

Adding Sent date to default new mail form
Is there any way to simply add the "Sent" time and date field to the default form being used for creating a mail message? My enduser print ouot the message before sending it from that form and she woudl like to see the sent date. Thanks ...

sharing macros with other users
Hi. I'm new here and new to my job. I really really need help. I have macros that need to be put together to run something we call a busines review. It is set up on one persons computer here. I am trying to ge it to mine and eventually to a few others. All 3 macros are strun together to make one macro. I will post the code at the bottom of m message so maybe someone can tell me what i am doing wrong. PLEAS HELP!!!! Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

user define message error
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

Time Question Newbie
I am trying to add 5:49 1:50 3:00 1:45 1:40 1:28 4:08 1:28 4:08 3:40 1:55 2:00 4:35 1:16 1:40 1:45 3:32 3:40 When I sum this column I get 19:43 I formatted the cells custom h:mm:ss What am I doing wrong Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 6 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now! One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm:ss The [] will keep the display from rolling over at 24 hours. N...

Set-up Question Please
I reinstalled Outlook 2000 on my new home computer (no network, single user) and everything is working okay except there are 2 sets of personal folders, inbox, calendars wtc. & the mail is going to the wrong inbox. How can I direct the mail to the right inbox and delete the duplicated inbox, calendar, etc.? Thanks... Bob Right click on the unused personal folders file and select Close. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

annoying updating time! #3
Ok ignore the last one. I just put "B3:B1003" and it worked just fine The only prob I have now is i need it to be in cells E3:E1003 now a well. But a new time. So for B3 I enter number and it timestamps the next cell ((whic works)) - this is the time they entered the centre In E3 I want to enter a number and it timestamps again. ((this is wher its going wrong)) I tried entering another range within the routine but i couldnt get i to work thanks in advanc -- AJSulliva ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJSullivan's Profile: http://www.ex...

end user best practices
I think one of the best additions MSFT added to the product is the idea of the resource center. I also like how active the CRM blog seems to be. However, I think a lot of the information is still targeted to the "tech" side of a CRM deployment, and less so to individual users. Just a general comment that I think something like a http://success.salesforce.com best-practice focused portal would be extremely helpful in improving usability and adoption by end-users (sample: http://blogs.salesforce.com/dreamforce07/best_practicessmb/index.html). Again, I think the resource center...

How can I get back to first question in set up?
When asked to select which type of e-mail account to choose, I chose wrong. Now I can't get back to that screen. Can you help? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >When asked to select which type of e-mail account to choose, I chose wrong. >Now I can't get back to that screen. Can you help? Thanks >. > Yes we all use ESP here. What version? I'm going to venture a guess and tell you how to do it in MS Office Outlook 2003. Choose E-mail Accounts from the Tools drop down menu... Follow the wizard... Copy and paste this response into a Notepad document. Save ...

Help in Date and Time
I get a report that is in pdf format. I can convert it to Excel but the format is text. The issue is the time. It displays 3/18/2005 7:34:12 AM. Is it possible to convert to values since I need to obtain between two times within an 8 hour period? I'd prefer not to manually entering the data. Thanks .. Phil Multiply it by 1. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I get a report that is in pdf format. I can convert it to Excel but the >format is text. The issue is the time. It displays 3/18/2005 7:34:12 AM. >Is it possible to convert to values s...

Retrieve RGB values of Even Row Banding of User-Defined Table Style
Dear Experts: I got a user-defined table style that has an even row banding (red), i.e. the selected table gets alternately shaded in red/white. The user- defined table style is called (tbl_style_red) Is it possible to retrieve the RGB values (Red/Green/Blue) of the even row banding of this user-defined table style and display the values in a msgbox. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas ...

Export Account settings #2
How can I export the account settings from Outlook 2003 ( without using Outlook Express as the intermediate ) ? Sudharson AN <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I export the account settings from Outlook 2003 ( without > using Outlook Express as the intermediate ) ? Export them to what? -- Brian Tillman Can I export the account settings so that I can set them up in anotyher profile ?? Some thing like exporting them as a .iaf file as in Outlook Express ? "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0opUq1QEHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gb...

defaulting to form in access 2007
There was on option in Access 2003 that made it when I opened the database it automatically opened on a particular form. I cannot seem to find that option in 2007. Can you provide some assistance please? Office Button on the upper left. Access Options Button towards the bottom right. Current Database button in the left column. Display Form combo box near the top of the right side. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "tim.hambly" wrote: > There was on option in Access 2003 that made ...

Can email Mail-Enabled user, but cannot reply
Hello! I have a weird scenario here. I have a user who is setup in my Exchange 2003 as Mail-Enabled. The user has an actual account in AD, but emails sent to her are delivered to her ISP's mailbox. We have no problem sending New email to the user. The problem is when we reply to her. If we reply to one of her emails, we get: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: userid@mydomain.com on 11/29/2004 9:57 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to ...

Distributed Multi-User Database Application
I am working on updating a Call log / Trouble Ticketing System that was made in Access 2000 or 2003. The original application had a design master on a network share, and the techs used replicas. This allowed them to use locally if offline, and replicate once connected to the network and they could do it simultaneously. Now I'm trying to update to Access 2007 and also make it a bit more robust. A couple of issues I've come accross. Access new format does not support replication. Cannot link table from a new format database either. Now I'm not looking to use sharepoint. Here&#...

Move all settings to new 2003 install?
I would like to know if there is a way to move all of my outlook 2003 settings (account info etc.) to a new install of outlook 2003. Thanks Have you tried XP's File & Settings Transfer Wizard along with the Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard? "Chris" <wirlybird@webzone.net> wrote in message news:upg5sZhaFHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to know if there is a way to move all of my outlook 2003 >settings (account info etc.) to a new install of outlook 2003. Chris <wirlybird@webzone.net> wrote: > I would like to know if there is a...

CRM4 Duplicate Detection Job Result Set Total Count
Just thing it will be great if there is a total count for the duplicate detection job result set, similar to the total member count feature for Marketing List. Yes that would be nice. I went to the last page and multiplied displayed per page by total pages to get an idea how many dups I had. I ran a dup detection job on active accounts. I reran the dup detection job after I deactivated hundreseds of dup records hoping to get a smaller list. I still got the same job but now with all my changes. I thought the active filter would filter deactivated records as non dups. "SW"...

XP users cannot logon using their Domain catched account
Hi All, Workstations (mostly laptops) in my organization have been having problems logging on to the domain when the network is unplugged.Previously they have been logging on without any issues. This started recently. I have checked the interactive Logon Policy for caching for the domain and its set to 1. Mojority of the users are used to working offline while logged on to the domain. Can anyone put me through on how to resolve this ASAP.Thanks. We run a Windows Server 2003 SP1 based network. -- Buchi This is the wrong Newsgroup try Windows Admin. But there is a limit to the number ...

Setting a default sort for a range
How do I set a default data sort on a selected range in Exel. I select from the collumn that the data need to be sorted on. But I have to select decending all the time and select no header row all the time. All I want to do is select the range to sort and hit OK. Have a look in help index for OFFSET and It might be best to define a name for the range to sort insert>names>define>name it anything you desire (sortrange)>in the refers to box =offset($a$2,0,0,counta($a:$a),6) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "cHris" <cHris@discussions.micro...

Setting one modeless dialog on top of the other
Is this possible? I have two modeless dialogs, and I have no problems with them being over the parent window. But I want one window to be over top the other (preferably, actually, one to be UNDER all others, but I'll take what I can get). As of right now, I think it's whichever gets created first always ends up on top, but I wanted to change this default behavior if I can. Thanks, Scoots Let me start by saying that only child windows can't go under their parent window, sibiling windows can go back and forth all they want. You can also change who is on top programmatically by...

Current Time Formula
Hi Is there a formula to show the current time in a cell that update every second as the computers clock does,even if there are no change to the spreadsheet Thanks Ad -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This really isn't recommended because it'll slow XL's processing ability greatly. Nevertheless, Ingrid Baplue posted some code on how to do this: http://tinyurl.com/yvzs5 HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Is there a formula to show the current time in a cell that updates >every second as the computers clock does,even if ...