Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month

It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily,
weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to
go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for
leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could
also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to
remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different
dates.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f12151e0-a85e-4e15-b0be-e3d700ca5482&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Download a .csv file from a website
I was wondering if anyone knew how to code this with vba. I have a list of stocks in a spreadsheet, and want to download the .csv file from Yahoo historical quotes for a stock. The code would have to navigate to http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=A, navigate to the "Download to Spreadsheet" button, simulate a right click and save as, and save the .csv file as the nameofthestock.csv, in this case A.csv, and save it to the directory where I want it. Is this possible? I've been searching online and in vba reference books for a few days, and can't find any code like th...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

Task with duration for all project
Hello, have a problem with project 2007 is the follow: Have a task of administration and control of a project, this task must to have a duration of all project. for example Development 120h 01-01-2010 to 20-01-2010 Testing 30h 25-02-2010 to 30-03-2010 Administration 30h 01-01-2010 to 30-03-2010 Is possible ? How I can do it? Tanks in advance and sorry my poor english.. Christian W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0059_01CACCF5.C6BD77C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-En...

Spell check error
Every time I send a message I now get an error that reads.. "error occurred while checking spell check". No spell check is peformed. Outlook 2000 This behavior can occur under several circumstances. - The Microsoft Office shared Proofing Tools are not installed. - The spell checking features are not configured properly. - The insertion point is not inside the body of the message when you perform the spell check. Please refer to the Knowledge Base article ID: 241485.KB.EN-US for more information on how to resolve this issue by copying and pasting the link below into your ...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Calendar events and tasks are not showing in Outlook:Today.
My Calendar events or tasks are not showing in the Outlook:Today screen. It is blank. ...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

ghost cleanup task
I have a server running win2003, sql server 2005 sp3. Yesterday appears the ghost cleanup task on the server. I see that this task increese in cpu time and it cause that the cpu has 100% used. I reboot the server and the task appears again. I read on Internet many options and apply it but it doesn�t work. Do someone know why the process appears even after the server was shootdown? Do you know a way to avoid this task use a lot of cpu? How can I identify the process that is causing this task. Thanks a lot for your help. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

DTM: USB-IF test certification ID check
MSDN Document "USB-IF Test Certification ID Check" indicates the TESTID be set to zero. When I run this test in the DTM, the log reports an error: "No valid USB IF test ID has been entered." I am testing with WLK 1.5. There is some buzz on the Internet that WinQual has a method by which to generate a Test ID that works with WLK 1.5, but I can find nothing helpful on their site. Any ideas? Thanks dmm dmm <dmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >MSDN Document "USB-IF Test Certification ID Check" indicates the TESTID be >set ...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

PSD: Task Assignments & Work Adjustments
Is there a way for Project to allow me to add new resources to a task and not have it adjust everyones allocation? I would prefer it increment total work effort. One would think that Fixed Units would accomplish this; however... PSD -- You need to deselect the Effort Driven option for the task. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "projectserverdragon" <projectserverdragon@discussions.micr...

Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed
Hello! I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just missing one line! Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard of this? I really appreciate your help! Hi Jean, Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars? Tools > Options, View tab. There were some early problems with 3D ...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

VBC 'Contains' Check
Apologies gain, still trying to hack this coders VBA as a non-coder so I can fix as he is AWOL. Anyway part of the code was supposed to see if a cell contained specific text but as I test it it only works on a complete match. This is the line of code: ElseIf InStr(UCase(CStr(wsCert.Cells(targetCertRowNumber, 1).Value)), UCase("TEXT")) And Len(CStr(wsCert.Cells(targetCertRowNumber, 2).Value)) = 0 Then Do I need to change something so it is finding "TEXT Anything" as right now it is just finding "TEST" Thanks in advance Hi, Because you...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

I need help setting up my database
I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar. I currently have an excel document with staff names and drills they have performed. The drills include dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed. I had considered doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills. I don't know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was the staff's name, so there wasn't a...

group data according to month/year
hi, i have two columns of data. one column has date in that and the other has value in it. I like to group them according to month/year and find the subtotal of each month in one year. I like to accomplish it without using pivot table. is that possible? Mosaddeq You could add a helper column with a formula like: =text(a2,"yyyymm") and then sort your data by this column. Then apply subtotals to the range using that helper column as the key. Mosaddeq Aziz wrote: > > hi, > > i have two columns of data. one column has date in that and the other has > value in ...

Tasks and reminders #2
Many of my tasks repeat daily, and are not tied to any particular time. When adding a task, all I really want is the reminder. Here's what happens: Add task. Start Date: None. Due Date: None. Reminder box shows today's date at 0800, although it's now 1400. I change the reminder to 3/18 at 1200. Then I click Recurrence > Daily > Start 3/18. When I click OK, the reminder box has changed to 3/18 at 0800 and the Due Date box has changed to 3/18. I change the Due Date back to None and change the reminder back to 1200. Must be doing something wrong here? Is there a simp...

Merging to-do/task lists from multiple inbox folders
Hi- I am using Outlook 2007 and am trying to figure out how to merge to-do/task lists from multiple inbox folders. I have my inbox associated with my name, and then also a folder with my name that is associated with another inbox that is used by several people on one project. (When emails come into the latter folder, I sort the ones that I can deal with into the subfolder with my name.) For my personal inbox, I can flag emails and they will pop up in my to-do box, but when I flag things in my sub-folder they don't show up in my to-do box, and I can't figure out where t...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Websites don't recognize IE8
I have Windows XP SP3 and IE8. It has happened before with some websites which would not display, saying that I have an older version of IE and need to upgrade to version 8. I ignored it thinking their JavaScript was acting weird. However, today it happened with Facebook, too. This is the message I get: You may want to upgrade your browser. You're using an old version of Internet Explorer to browse Facebook right now. Facebook will work better for you if you upgrade or switch to another browser. Any ideas? shqipo wrote: > I have Windows XP SP3 and IE8. It has happ...

Double emails when setting up new POP3
A long time problem I'd like to resolve is when setting up a new, or resetting an user name and password for a POP3 mail account. In all versions of outlook I have users who keep many months of email stored on the mail server. I don't mind them keeping it there, but for some of these people, when I setup a new logon name to the same mail account the Outlook program is somehow reset and does not know that it already has months of emails in its account. So, it goes ahead and downloads them all over again. Well, I've used Duplicate Email remover that works nicely to remove t...