Service Calendar Unexpected Error

Hi,

We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
screen and no event in the event log.

We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.

Many thanks in advance

rac504uk
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Enable tracing and see what shows up in your trace file. It should give you
detailed information about what happens:

To enable tracing, add these settings to your registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM]

"TraceEnabled"=dword:00000001
"TraceDirectory"="c:\\crmdrop\\logs"
"TraceSchedule"="Hourly"
"TraceCategories"="*:Verbose"
"TraceCallStack"=dword:00000001
"TraceRefresh"=dword:00000004
"TraceFileSizeLimit"=dword:00000005

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility

"rac504uk" <rac504uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected
> error"
> screen and no event in the event log.
>
> We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> rac504uk

0
Jeffry
2/14/2006 8:03:35 PM
You might want to set the TraceSchedule to Daily as well.  Depends on how
often you want new files genned by the trace.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" <reply@to.newsgroup> wrote in message
Enable tracing and see what shows up in your trace file. It should give you
detailed information about what happens:

To enable tracing, add these settings to your registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM]

"TraceEnabled"=dword:00000001
"TraceDirectory"="c:\\crmdrop\\logs"
"TraceSchedule"="Hourly"
"TraceCategories"="*:Verbose"
"TraceCallStack"=dword:00000001
"TraceRefresh"=dword:00000004
"TraceFileSizeLimit"=dword:00000005

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility
www.cwrmobility.com
--

"rac504uk" <rac504uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected
> error"
> screen and no event in the event log.
>
> We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> rac504uk

0
Matt
2/15/2006 8:59:46 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

"rac504uk" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
> screen and no event in the event log.
>
> We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> rac504uk
From the thread "Service Calendar Unexpected Error"

"On your CRM Server, Open the IIS Snap In, Find your "Microsoft CRM v3.0" web
site under "Web Sites".  Right click and select properties.  Find the ASP.Net
tab and select the version of ASP.Net that you want to use... mine says
"1.1.4322".  Then click the "+" next to the web and right click on
"MSCRMServices" and do the same thing."

This worked for me.

"Dana" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
>
> Thanks
>
> "rac504uk" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> > the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
> > screen and no event in the event log.
> >
> > We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance
> >
> > rac504uk
I have not installed version 1.1 at all ,just 2.0. So what to do ?

"Tom Geek" ha scritto:

> From the thread "Service Calendar Unexpected Error"
>
> "On your CRM Server, Open the IIS Snap In, Find your "Microsoft CRM v3.0" web
> site under "Web Sites".  Right click and select properties.  Find the ASP.Net
> tab and select the version of ASP.Net that you want to use... mine says
> "1.1.4322".  Then click the "+" next to the web and right click on
> "MSCRMServices" and do the same thing."
>
> This worked for me.
>

> "Dana" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "rac504uk" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to
> > > the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error"
> > > screen and no event in the event log.
> > >
> > > We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in advance
> > >
> > > rac504uk
Try this

�        Open Command prompt on CRM Server

�        Change directory to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\framework\V1.1.4322

�        Type aspnet_regiis.exe -r and press ENTER

Peter Lynch

"Help_Pc" <HelpPc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have not installed version 1.1 at all ,just 2.0. So what to do ?
>
> "Tom Geek" ha scritto:
>
>> From the thread "Service Calendar Unexpected Error"
>>
>> "On your CRM Server, Open the IIS Snap In, Find your "Microsoft CRM v3.0"
>> web
>> site under "Web Sites".  Right click and select properties.  Find the
>> ASP.Net
>> tab and select the version of ASP.Net that you want to use... mine says
>> "1.1.4322".  Then click the "+" next to the web and right click on
>> "MSCRMServices" and do the same thing."
>>
>> This worked for me.
>>

>> "Dana" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Peter

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

Web services stop after rebooting server
Every month when I go to patch my Windows 2000 Server I have issues with the WWW service stopping every 5-10 minutes. Eventually after a day or so this goes away and all is well. This has happened since we went to v3. Any thoughts? EventType : crmmanaged P1 : 3.0.5300.0 P2 : aspnet_wp P3 : microsoft.crm P4 : there is an error in xml document (1_ 970).;hash='-493497873' ...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

POP3 & IMAP4 services #2
Hi there, I got problems on starting POP3 & IMAP4 services. Recently they cannot be start after my exchange server restarts. At the beginning, POP3 cannot be start automatically, later it's IMAP4. After I can start them manually after the server has been completely started, I check event viewer, I found the server did try to start IMAP4, but got error "An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01." At the same time, an event also there, "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service (Build...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

Services not starting
I'm in the process of adding an Exchange2k3 server to my AD structure. As far as I can tell, everything is setup properly. I can receive and send mail, create users, do all sorts of fun management stuff, all without a hitch. Yet, for some reason, every time I reboot the machine the System Attendant fails to start - which causes the Info Store and MTA to fail. After boot up, I can manually start all services and things run just fine until the next time I have to reboot. I'm not finding anything at MS Support or by Googling that's helping me figure out why this is happening or how...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

Shared calendar
Is there any way to find out who put an appointment on a shared calendar? I'm looking at the properties and it tells when it was modified but not who created it. Thanks!! If you open the appointment and look at the attendees tab, does it show who created it? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Robin asked: | Is there any way to find out who put an appointment on a shared...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

Shared calendars
I am implementing a new mail domain (e2k3) on a Windows 2003 AD structure. I have about 1200 users in the new domain, nobody is using it yet though, they were migrated from another AD domain. These users will all have new mail accounts on my new exchange box, but I have been asked to set it up so that ALL users have READ access BY DEFAULT to ALL other users CALENDAR only. I see where I can give them full control to the entire mailbox, but where can I give them specific control to just the calendars? Hi, Why do not create a Public Folder with a general Calendar on it and grant access t...

Calculate Checks Error
I have a client that has a problem when calculating payroll checks. They built the batch and everything was fine. They checked the sheet for errors-which there were none. Then they went to Calculate payroll and the screen came up with No warnings and No errors. But when they hit the OK button they received the message "The checks cannot be calculated, errors were found when building the check." The user then logged in as user sa and was able to calculate checks without the error. Any suggestions on why the user receives the error? Thanks, Jocelyn "Jocelyn&q...

error message C00D11B1,original code 80004005
Running WMP 11, Windows Vista Service Pak 2 Home Premium,32 bit operating system, DVD rw file system udf 2.01 and driver version 6.0.6002.18005. All I am trying to do is burn my digital camera videos that I put in WMP 11 to a cd-r . Something is set wrong somewhere because my videos are MOV. and I have to do the right click and Open With classic media player to see them. I have the support info.but it is a bit lengthy to copy to this post.It does have the codecs decoders ect. Don't see MOV. on the list. I have Quick Time also. Thanks for any help! -- Deb I'm pret...

VSTO 2005: Error in Schema Files Generation
In XML schema generation from a WordML document, VSTO 2005 VSTO creates 6 files (general naming pattern): XML.XSD ... XML5.XSD. For our file names we use a special syntax for additional information on the project status. - Syntax for file names: {PRE}={TOPIC}_{POST}.{STATUS}.{FORMAT} Now, VSTO 2005 modifies its general naming pattern to XML.{STATUS}{I}.{FORMAT}. - Example - XML.ABCD.XSD - XML.ABCD1.XSD (instead of XML1.ABCD.XSD) - ... - XML.ABCD5.XSD (instead of XML5.ABCD.XSD) I consider this behavior of VSTO 2005 as a programming error. - Is this consideration correct? - How ...

Viewing other users Calendar
Hi - We've recently installed CRM 3.0, desktop client, and I noticed that since the install, I can no longer see anyone else's availability on outlook's calendar. We're using outlook 2003 - Anyone see this before? Any suggestions? Thanks Al ...

MSExchangeIS 1021 error repeating every minute
I get about 5 of these errors popping up every minute on my Exchange server. When I open it, they all say: DOMAIN/user was unable to connect as /o=Domain/ou=SAF Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=epage. Error 0x3f2. I have been through the following articles already and no luck: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290647 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314494 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810907 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832215 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;83464...