Server install not taking my disk 2

I'm installing from Microsoft volume licensing disks. After the installation
is mostly done, while installing SQL Server Reporting Services, I get
prompted to insert the next disk. I pop in disk #2 (or #3 for that matter),
and it doesn't proceed - it simply continues to ask for the next disk.

I'm installing to a virtual server using VMware. Also, I thought it odd that
the disks are from different months, but apparently that's how it's supposed
to be. Disk 1 is dated Feb 2006, Disk 2 is Dec 2005, and Disk 3 is May 2006.

Any ideas of what could be wrong??
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Might try a group related to SRS.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Ryk" <Ryk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I'm installing from Microsoft volume licensing disks. After the installation
is mostly done, while installing SQL Server Reporting Services, I get
prompted to insert the next disk. I pop in disk #2 (or #3 for that matter),
and it doesn't proceed - it simply continues to ask for the next disk.

I'm installing to a virtual server using VMware. Also, I thought it odd that
the disks are from different months, but apparently that's how it's supposed
to be. Disk 1 is dated Feb 2006, Disk 2 is Dec 2005, and Disk 3 is May 2006.

Any ideas of what could be wrong??

0
Matt
7/7/2006 8:23:46 PM
I ended up resolving this with Microsoft's help. Amazingly, they hadn't seen
the error before, yet I can't believe I'm the first to run across it. I'm
posting my resolution here for posterity.

At the point where it asks you to insert the next disk, press the cancel
button.
This will generate an error message stating that there was a problem with
SQL server reporting services SP2. Press the Ignore button on that error
message.

CRM is now actually installed, but you have to manually install SRSSP2. You
can verify installation by going into CRM (on the server, http://localhost),
then you'll see that there are no reports listed.

Once you install the service pack, you now have to re-publish the standard
reports. This is done by using the republish.exe command, details of which
are found in the CRM 3.0 Implementation Guide (page 24-3 in my version of the
doc.)

"Ryk" wrote:

> I'm installing from Microsoft volume licensing disks. After the installation
> is mostly done, while installing SQL Server Reporting Services, I get
> prompted to insert the next disk. I pop in disk #2 (or #3 for that matter),
> and it doesn't proceed - it simply continues to ask for the next disk.
>
> I'm installing to a virtual server using VMware. Also, I thought it odd that
> the disks are from different months, but apparently that's how it's supposed
> to be. Disk 1 is dated Feb 2006, Disk 2 is Dec 2005, and Disk 3 is May 2006.
>
> Any ideas of what could be wrong??

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

How long to install SBS2008
I know that is a bit vague but having worked with SBS2003 for many years I now find I need to look at a SBS2008 install. Any suggestiuons how long I should budget for installing a Server and get everything up and running fully. Each workstation I suspect I should budget an hour or two depending upon what complications are encountered. Thanks, On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:54:16 -0000, "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote: >I know that is a bit vague but having worked with SBS2003 for many years I >now find I need to look at a SBS2008 install. > >Any s...

Report Crystal Report on CRM 1.2 Problem
Hi, I create a Crystal report. in this reports, i use "field of cumulated total" Sorry, i am french and in french it's "Champs de total cumul´┐Ż" I use result of this field to do statistic. the problem, When the fields is null, result of my stat are null too. Can you help me. thanks depending on the source of your data, you can use the ISNULL(fieldname,0,fieldname) T-SQL function to replace null values with zero values instead. This will allow your statistics to compute properly. Dave "Chdup" <chdup@monmail.com> wrote in message news:43df...

Exchange 2000 Recovery Server
Hello, We need to create a recovery server for Exchange 2000. The production Exchange server is a member server. I know that we need to create another Win 2K AD, to limit the amount of hardware used can this recovery server also be installed on the domain controller or will they need to be on seperate servers to match the production enviornment? Thanks You can absolutely put you recovery server and DC all on the same server (just make sure it is in its own AD forest and own Exchange org). "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE2E823-62FC-440C...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

Shared folders #2
In an exchange enviroment, folders can be shared among users. But it seems to me that, on a larger scale, this can be pretty tedious. What if I want to a single shared calendar that is used by all users? how is this normally done? .. I know I can put it in public folders, my question here, again, is must that calendar be created on 'someones' PC......in 'someones' mailbox? What if several users are sharing folders among different other users? Doesn't this become difficult to administer? knowing what shared folder is hosted where? Am I missing something here? Sh...

Thread Question #2
Dear Sir, In my application we are using legacy libraries which are not thread safe.We are calling one function from the GUI to initiate the process which will call the function in the libraries.The process is as follows : 1) The tool requests the data from the oracle and after retrieving the data from the oracle local system creates one file based on this data,This process is continued repetitively based on the input,that means it may create n files based on the input.To improve the performance we are using two threads,one thread calls the library function(the constraint is we hav...

Run Time error 9 #2
Hi all, I thought I found the fault but I still can't get it to work! I am trying to copy sheet called "inventory" to a new workbook save it with the name of the value in cell X4 and close it and return to the original workbook. Thanks for any help Sheets("Inventory").Select Sheets("Inventory").Copy Sheets("Inventory").Name = "Inventory List" With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=Worksheets(" Inventory List ").Range("x4").Value End With You got a pretty good reply at your other post in...

where can i learn MS CRM 1.2
I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? Version 3.0 is much better. Why are you still using 1.2 ? "Nikki" wrote: > I've got MS CRM 1.2 installed at our office, and no one knows how to use it. > How/where can I/we learn MS CRM 1.2 from. > > Are there any free online tuts or user guides to get us started? > > > ...

Take a look at this correction patch from the M$ Corporation
--rggttiwklvuxdzwy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="krgzldaiimofawmjz"; type="multipart/alternative" --krgzldaiimofawmjz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eknqsclkgsjupcgc" --eknqsclkgsjupcgc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your com...

New Customizable Option Strategy Screeners #2
o More powerful custom screeners. o Build your own screeners with configurable filters. o Save your screeners to use later. o Six filters to choose from(more coming soon). o Screener data updated twice daily. Check out www.avasaram.com ...

Encoding of Mails sent through CRM Server
Hi all, we're experiencing three problems concerning Microsoft CRM Server 1.2 German: (1) While sending mails the CRM Server violates that the length of a single unterminated line can be 1000 bytes as stated in RFC 788 (see 4.5.3 size of text line). Some firewalls, e.g. Watchguard in default configuration, denies incoming mails (and outgoing also), logging the event "client send oversized line - terminating session". (Watchguard can manually be configured to allow more than 1000 bytes.) Thus, mails to some recipients may never be deliverable as the sender using ...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

Problem Installing Business Contact Manager from Drive (not CD)
About a year & a half ago I copied my entire Office 2007 Ultimate 2 CDs onto a hard drive. I have a new laptop and installed the first CD contents from the portable drive with no problems (all Office products, Outlook). However, when attempting to install the Business Contact Manager from the CD2 contents, it continues to give me an error near the end that the installation has failed and to look at the log file. Could someone advise me on what may be causing this and how I can fix it to install the BCM onto my machine? I can send the log file if you'd like me to. Just em...

Is it correct that an 81/2 x 14 tent card fold newsletter prints .
I want to make a newsletter on legal size paper. I want it to fold like a "tent card" and give me a page one (and page four) size that is 81/2' wide and 7" long. Then the inside, pages two and three I want to actually do as one 8 1/2 x 14 page. When I start to set this up, the newsletter from a template prints pages 1 and 2 together, head to head at the center and pages 3 and 4 on the other sheet also head to head. Is that right? Am I wanting to do something weird? Try selecting Booklet as your layout. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:43:06 -0700, eyedoc <eyedoc@discuss...

windows installer starts whenever office application is opened
I have recently reloaded MS office 2007 on my computer. Everytime any office application is started windows installer window opens up saying that it is configuring office 2007. It goes off after some time and application loads and works normally after that. It is considerably slowing launching of the application and is not allowing me to load outlook connector. regards This can happen if you are running multiple version of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may ben...

Problem with (1) Office database & (2) Updates installation failures
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have two problems that may be related (or not): (1) When I open Word or Excel it takes a very long time and then I get this: "There is a problem with the Office database. Office might be unable to access the database or the database file might be damaged. Without the database, you might be unable to use the Address Book, Scrapbook, and other features that store your personal information." It goes on to explain how to "rebuild the database". I did this properly though without success. (I only w...

Find MAX of column from using 2 criterias
Spreadsheet (duh) with 3 columns: Month, Vehicle Licence #, Odometer readings. Now looking at the Month and Vehicle Licence #, what is the lowest odometer reading and also what is the highest odometer reading, so as to calculate the distance travelled. Do not want to use Pivot tables - as columns will grow. Do not want to use array formula as end user is as useless as putting butter on bread with a toothpick. Thanks in advance. Hi, Try this array formula. =MIN(IF(MONTH(A1:A20)=D1,IF(B1:B20=E1,C1:C20))) Change MIN to MAX to get the max value D1 is a number i.e. 4 fo...

Sum If
I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = February and 2, the $'s are sales Data is like this D F G Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add penguin77 wrote: > I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = > February and 2, the $'s are sales > > > Data is like this > > D F G > Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add > http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct In ...

Share Outlook file on DSB storage device between 2 computers
Hello I want to be able to run outlook at home and at work, but have the files stored on my USB storage device. I can see where the .pst file is storred on each computer, but cannot figure out how change the location of the .pst file in setup. Can anyone help? Thanks You should'nt rely on the integrity of a pst stored in such a way. In OL File/Open/Data File (wording depends on version) and browse to the pst You can either, in OL, alter the default pst or use the usb pst as a backup <rhatala@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:cmsgq1h8taq0sp0qb2om5cvqg2gtnbgr32@4ax.com......

re-install Office:Mac onto a new ibook
My daughter is trying to install her offic:Mac 2004 ver. onto her new ibook. She has tried all 3 product keys and the software tells her that none of the keys is a valid key. I am using one of the keys. There is one that is not used by anyone. Any ideas? menace Kindly see: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office/browse_thread/thr ead/86500aa2b6a12ed1/a02bed6966e34e47?lnk=st&q=office+mac+install+key&rnum=8 &hl=en#a02bed6966e34e47 http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html On 28.11.2006 5:13, in article 1164687194.510100.155880@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups...

Leave Outlook 2003 on computer when installing Office Home 2007
I just purchased Office Home and Student 2007, and overlooked the detail that it does not include Outlook, as Office Student and Teacher 2003 does. Is there a way that I can keep Outlook 2003 and install Office Home and Student 2007? I have ordered Outlook 2007, so I could wait until it arrives, but I'm eager to get started with Office 2007. Yes, since your Office 2007 version did not came with Outlook, nothing will happen to your Outlook 2003 installation. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ ...

Exchange Server Not Available Issue
I have been having trouble recently with Outlook 2002 running on XP Home Edition. Until last weeks blackout in NYC, I was able to connect to my exchange server for my email. Since then, every time I try to connect, I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Servier is Not Available". However, if I connect to the exchange server through the internet via the IP address, the server is online and I can get to my mail. Nothing has changed on my machine and the group that supports my exchange server says everything looks ok from there. Others are able to connect to the serve...

Dynamic macro's #2
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Well, the user will select a complete row (1 or 2 or 3 or ....) an based upon that, the program should do the code as described for 3, bu for that particular row. For instance, if he selects the row 8, the code should be: Dim appWD As Word.Application ' Create a new instance of Word & make it visible Set appWD = CreateObject("Word.Application.8") appWD.Visible = True Sheets("Template").Select Range("A8").Copy Sheets("Data").Select Range("B3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNo...

Pocket PC Money #2
Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you have performed a soft reset??? On "Casper" <schaerf@vicnet.net.au> wrote: >Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it >prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you >have performed a soft reset??? Set a password on the device? -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #...