Server Application Unavailable 06-14-06

Dear All,

In one of our customer's site CRM 1.2 is implemented on the following
environment:

SBS 2003 (with relevant SPs)
SQL Server 2000 (with relevant SPs)
MS CRM 1.2
Exchange

MS CRM intermittently gives "Server Application Unavailable" whenever I try
to access CRM. All the services are running. No event logs. Although the
error message says that an Application Event Log for the Web Server has been
logged, I dont see any log in the Event Viewer. And moreover CRM also
displays the authentication form before giving that error. That means the CRM
Authentication service is working.

Funnily enough the client gave me a call today morning that he is currently
getting this error and none of the users are able to log in. I connected to
the client site using VPN, tried accessing CRM and got that error. I had a
look at the services. They were all running fine. I had a look at the Event
Viewer. I found no logs. So finally I tried searching in google for similar
scenarios. Found some and when I logged back in VPN to find that CRM is
working again.

I am stumped. Why did CRM stop serving the clients and how did it start
serving again when neither me nor the client did anything on the server?

Any guesses?

Thanks and Regards
Madhur

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Need to Reset a Site Folder in Exchange 2003 Server... GUIDGEN.EXE Q
I need to reset a site folder using GUIDGEN.EXE because of an offline address book problem that I've been having, when people sync in Outlook: 10:07:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 10:07:25 0X8004010F Anyhow, I'm following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q822444 And I'm a little worried about "When you create a new site folder, the data that was previously contained in the original site folder is lost." Will this blow away my public folders, and I'll lose the data? Does anyone have any experience they...

Cannot move mailboxes between two Exchange 5.5 servers.
The option to move mailboxes between servers is greyed out. The new server is specifically to swing into 2003 so I can remove the old server which is also a domain controller. Any Ideas? Thanks Ashley Heaton On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:19:01 -0800, "Nex-Tech Support Staff" <NexTechSupportStaff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The option to move mailboxes between servers is greyed out. The new server is >specifically to swing into 2003 so I can remove the old server which is also >a domain controller. > >Any Ideas? > >Thanks >Ashley Heaton Is the swi...

exhange server back up-restore question
We have Windows 2003 server with Domain Server. Echange 2000 Server We use regularly back up system for Exchange Server. But to restore for a special date for only one user what should we do? PS. Our back up file's size approx. 80 GB. You don't really have a choice unless you use a 3rd party utility like Quest Recovery Manager. Restore all the data and then Exmerge the specific items you want. I'd also suggest migrating to Exch 2003 if possible as your backup and recovery options are much improved. Nue "ilyas" <ilyas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 on WinNT to a Win2K server running Exch 2K
I am new to the Exchange game. I have a WinNT machine running Exchange 5.5 and I need to migrate the users and mail to a machine running Server 2K and Exchange server 2000. Exmerge doesn't work on the NT machine due to OS restrictions. How can I Copy/Past or Migrate all of the users and mail from one to the other. They are running on different domains and are able to see each other through Network Neighborhood. Is there a way of backing up and restoring ? Please any help is very much appreciated as I am new to the company and this migration is a very big project. ...

Quota Management on Exchange server 2003
Hello, When i modify a quota on a single mailbox by using this Exchange Property in AD, it can take many minutes or hours... I would like to know witch "service" or "part of Exchange application" is charged to "run the task" which update this information on Exchange. Thank you for your help ! Jay, You can stop and restart the Information Store service. Or you can implement this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5bLN%5d;327378 Fifteen minutes is said to be a good compromise. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldo...

Application Window Size
I have a database which has the facilty to open another mdb and then open a specific form. I have used the 'CreateObject("Access.Application")' method. It runs fine, but the application window opens in reduced size. The only code examples I can find to maximize the application window is by using the Shell command. Is there another way of maximising the application window? Many thanks Ian King Using the ShowWindow API function is one way. Paste the following into a standard module in the app to be opened: Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32"...

Contract Lines 09-25-06
Hi, I need to update values in the contract lines when new cases are created etc. I can't figure out how since I can't find the contract line in the workflow manager. I thought about using callouts but once again am stuck, any ideas? Thanks ...

server API & multi-creation of objects 04-14-04
Hello! I have the following scenario: I get data from a webservice. These data are (temporarily) stored in a XML file on the server. The data contain: 1 account, numerous customer addresses and numerous contacts. When I save the account a post-callout routine stores these data in MSCRM (we use MSCRM v1.2). It works fine, but: VERY SLOW. In my test case I have 26 customer addresses and 21 contacts. The whole post-callout routine needs 22 seconds. (When it is called the first time, it needs 33 seconds.) Through some tests I found out that 6 to 7 seconds of the time is consumed by the ...

remote printing
Can print MSAccess and MSWord, and MSPaint, but not MSExcel on printer attached to remote computer connected to terminal server. Excel 2002. Any suggestions Where can I get help? ...

What Outlook capabilities without Exchange Server?
Do anybody know, what capabilities remains in Outlook if use outlook 2003 in organization without Exchange server? Only use Outlook smtp mailboxes with external mail server provider. I know, that will be no Public Folders, no ability to see calendars of other colleges. And what else? Can I do Meeting Request, Task Request and so on? ...

4.0.0 smtp;452 Error: too many recipients Exchange 2003 with Postfix Relay server
Hi There, We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise cluster (SP1) on a Windows 2003 cluster (without SP1 applied). All outgoing mail is send to a relay server which runs on Postfix. This relay server accepts a maximum of 128 recipients. When we try to send out a mail to 200 external e-mail accounts we receive an undeliverable message for all recipients above the 128 accepted by the relay server. The default SMTP Virtual server is configured to limit the number of recipients per message to 100, but it is my understanding that this only is for inbound e-mail and not for outbound mail. Outboun...

Oulook 03 Can "find" server, but can't login, send or receive...
I'm using Outlook 2003. Connected to the net via local lan. I have one computer using Outlook 2000 and can access my email server just fine. When creating the exact same settings via Outlook 2003 it can "find" the server - but can't access it. The username and password are correct. The incoming and outgoing settings are exactly the same the Outlook 2000 settings. I'm baffled. Any ideas as to what I need to change? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Cricket POP3 mail server? What error do you get when you 'test settings' in the account setup? (WAG) In th...

Supporting 2nd domain in Exchange2000 Server
I have a client who owns two companies. Company A is running Exchange2000 and hosts its own e-mail. Company B is presently using a third-party ISP for it's e-mail. My client would like to be able to host the e-mail for Company B on the Company A Exchange Server. My client does not want to switch the e-mail domain for Company B however, and so I am left with the problem of getting Exchange2000 to handle two e-mail domains. Is this possible? JLP wrote: > I have a client who owns two companies. Company A is running Exchange2000 > and hosts its own e-mail. Company B is pr...

Can not synchronize Outlook 2K to Server when sending
I can sync all Outlook 2000 folders with my corporate Microsoft Exchange Server when using a dial-up connection thru my VPN. However, when I switch to my cable modem thru my VPN and synchronize Outlook to the Microsoft Exchange Server, I can not get anything in my Outbox to transport to the server. The synchronization process hangs up on sending. I have to close outlook and go back to the dial- up to complete the synchronization. Why the differences and what do I need to change to make the synchronization work while using a high speed internet connection. Thanks, Tim ...

PST files in Exchange server 2003
Hi , Can we store the user pst on the exchange server 2003 in a seperate partition.Would it affect performance. Thanks in advance PST files are client-only files. Exchange doesn't use them at all. Yes it would likely detriment performance drastically, especially if your users are trying to access PST files across the network. Why do you need PST files? You are much better off importing that information into the users's mailbox on the server, and then having everyone use Outlook to access the server instead of their PST files. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "vn" &l...

Hoorible disk usage on exchange server
I posted a issue last week regarding exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server. The problem is that the disk uses about 1 Gb daily on something that we cant locate. Some info: windows 2003 on disk c:\ exchange 2003 on disk d:\ I am running circular logging and flushing backup logs. So the problem cant be this. The ammount of disk place used on the disk that i can see is approx. 11Gb. There are 9 more Gb to go on but they have vanished from the disk. I cant see any file or files on the disk useing that much disk space. Any suggestion? Thankful for everything that can help me with this...

remote connect to exchange server message question
Hello all, If using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP at home, and using a dsl VPN connection to connect to your offices Exchange Server 2000; and when setting up the connection at home the very first time you accidentally uncheck the "leave messages on server" button; and then all the messages from exchange server at the office are downloded to your home machine; and then when you get to the office all your messages are gone (becaouse they are at home); how do you change this back at home, so all the messages won't be downloaded to the home machine? I have been through every set...

A server error occured while writing to the Journal
Is there a reason why I keep getting an error when I write to the journal in MS POS? Thanks in advance! Its almost if it can't find it in the database, but by default it should be created. I'm wondering if there is anything special in the POS settings or printer settings that is needed. "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a reason why I keep getting an error when I write to the journal in > MS POS? Thanks in advance! ...

Webservices on separate servers
Hi there. We have a customer who would like to install SQL 2005, Dynamics 10, Business Portal 4.0, Dynamics Workflow, Analysis Cubes, SRS. We have managed to install it all on one server successfully. However they require that the SQL 2005 be installed on one server containing just the databases. On another server must be teh Dynamics client (Terminal server), Office 2007. On another server SRS and Analysis Cubes. These servers have all been setup and working. The problem is the remaining server. We have installed MOSS 2007 successfully, webservices and would like to install the Se...

cannot find server 01-26-10
I just added a new user. When they sign on they are unable to access the internet. They get the error "cannot find server" "this page cannot be displayed". Does anyone know a fix? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender...

Server.MapPath 11-20-09
I cant seem to figure out why this doesnt work. I have a folder structure like this: <root> default.aspx test1.aspx (with an image control) Folder_Products test2.aspx (with an image control) Folder_ProductImages <image files...> in each program i want to call a simple global function as below but when I click "play" within visual studios the image does not display if i use the server.mapPath. Notice how that line is commented. But by doing this, Only test1.aspx can show the image and test2.aspx cannot. Why ...

Removing front end server causes problems
Hello. We are having some issues within our Exchange environment after having to forcefully remove a front end server. Our setup includes two front end servers and two back end servers. We had to remove one of the front end servers because of hardware failure. We could not remove it from Exchange through Add/Remove programs, so we removed it through System Manager and then through ADSI. Now, Exchange occassionally stops routing of messages both inbound and outbound since we have done this removal of the front end server. The most frequent message that appears is: "Exchange System ...

Leave messages on POP3 Server
I use a POP3 server (yahoo) with Outlook 2007. I have 4 email addresses, 1 is a att.net, the other 3 use my domain name. I want to "leave messages on the server". In the advanced tab I check the "Leave message on server", but I have to do this for all 4 addresses otherwise no message gets left on POP3 server. I then get 4 identical messages received in Outlook. If I check the box "Leave message on server" for 1, 2 or 3 addresses, nothing gets left on server. -- sce123 You only have 1 mailbox with 4 email addresses then? In that case disable the...

Help with Lookup 12-06-09
I need your help with a lookup. I have a spreadsheet of contract proposals. I populate this spreadsheet with my company's proposals and the vendor's proposals. As new proposals come in, I keep updating the spreadsheet. I want to be able to do a lookup of our most recent proposal spend and a separate lookup of the vendor's most recent proposal spend. Moreover I would also like to do lookups of the 2nd most recent proposal spend. Below is an example Our Proposal 1 Vendor Proposal 2 Our Proposal 2 Vendor Proposal 2 Our Proposal 3 Spend ...

Execution of application inside a window
Hi How can I force an application A (windows based) to execute with the window of Application B. Regards Anjna Follow these simple step. 1. Run application A with SW_HIDE(You can call ShellExecute or WinExec). 2. Find a window which application A created(You can call FindWindow API). 3. Change the window parent to a window of application B(You can call SetParent API). 4. Now, you should show the window(You can call ShowWindow API). "ak" <anjnakhanna@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7YRINulEHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can I force an applicatio...